PDA

View Full Version : need help getting very frustrated

jdm_integra
04-07-2009, 10:50 PM
okay i have a 89 crx with a ls motor i dont have heat and sometimes my car over heats while standing still but when i step on the gas it goes back down to normal some weird shit.

i got my fan wired up to a switch and it stays on at all times and overheats still. The top hose on my radiator gets hot while the otherone on the bottom remains cool at all times meaning my thermostat is not opening right? how could i fix this?

whats the reason i dont have heat is it my thermostat or something else please need helpp ?

Barefoot
04-07-2009, 11:56 PM
i would start with a new thermo and topping off your fluid.

hondaxpurt
04-08-2009, 09:08 AM
i would start with a new thermo and topping off your fluid.

x2, and make sure you "burp" the system fully to get all the air bubbles out. had the same problem with my ls swap.

hondaxpurt
04-08-2009, 09:11 AM
also, you have no heat because your getting no flow through the system. no flow through the system means no flow of hot coolant to the heater core :no: . so therefore, no heat...

Turbodude06
04-08-2009, 01:20 PM
x2, and make sure you "burp" the system fully to get all the air bubbles out. had the same problem with my ls swap.

^x2 I've had that happen more then once, you have to burp it. just let it run with the cap off for awhile...

RedEj8
04-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Make sure you use a real Honda thermostat..Auto parts store thermos don't work very well.

jdm_integra
04-08-2009, 06:01 PM
appreciated all ya ^^^ i bleed it the system today and flushed it and now its back to normal temp but i still dont have heat ? so damn frustrated

BTEC
04-08-2009, 06:05 PM
feel the 2 hoses that go to ur htr core. if they get pretty warm but u have no heat then join the club of clogged heater cores.

Barefoot
04-08-2009, 06:08 PM
feel the 2 hoses that go to ur htr core. if they get pretty warm but u have no heatdo that
then check the bypass valve make sure its opening. an check the cable that comes off the valve to the controls.

jdm_integra
04-08-2009, 08:38 PM
both hoses to the heater core get hot and the bypass valve its all the way open to hot so i guess i might have to join that club of clogged heater cores lol..

is there a way i can unclog it or do i buy a new one?