PDA

View Full Version : General Chat More Stupid GTR Warranty BS

nreggie454
04-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Wow.... WTF is Nissan thinking?

http://njection.com/blogs/exclusive/archive/2009/04/07/nissan-goes-insane-with-new-rules-on-the-2010-gt-r.aspx

Cliffs: Adding, replacing, reprogramming, attempting to reprogram, altering or disconnecting any computer, control unit, or electronic module or deleting any or all stored information in any computer, control unit, or electronic module, or denying access to any data or information stored in any computer, control unit, or electronic module VOIDS ALL COVERAGE under the 2010 Nissan GT-R New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

No Operating the GT-R on a dynamometer

No use on a track or airstrip

So, you buy a purpose built car which 95% of the hype is its amazing 'Ring times, but the second it sets a wheel onto a track to do what it is built for, the warranty is voided. God forbid you try to dyno this car, either. I guess this car really IS for bench racing posers after all!

IndianStig
04-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Of course most that can buy this car couldn't care less about the warranty.

DirtyMechanic
04-07-2009, 02:52 PM
all i can say is MTN RUN HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

1moreaccord
04-07-2009, 03:20 PM

No use any on use on a track or airstrip

I'm having a a hard time reading this ^^ XD

SiRed94
04-07-2009, 03:42 PM

x2

nreggie454
04-07-2009, 03:44 PM

Their typo, direct copy/paste from the site. I will fix it.

Bus Driver J
04-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh well, GTR fails once again. If you drive it like you have sense then you have no problems.
Dont launch it, track it, or dyno it. How many dyno sheets of a stock GTR does one need? If you modify it then there goes you warranty so dyno away and go straight to a track.

The Lotus warranty is similar. If you are on a track and a stop watch is involved for "competitive" purposes then say bye bye to your warranty.

JITB
04-07-2009, 04:12 PM
1. Name one car that you can do any of that stuff to and take it to the dealership modified like that, and they will still honor the warranty

2. The GTR CAN go on some race tracks, it just HAS to be taken in for a maintenance after it, which is 2k-2k, depending, if NOT than the warranty can be voided.

what car company has the funds to repair a car that a person goes out and abuses on the track, and breaks something. its not Nissans job to fund your raceing dreams, they just build the car.

Cool Cat Racing
04-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Take your Z06 to the track and break it, Chevy still fixes it.

Vteckidd
04-07-2009, 04:35 PM
1. Name one car that you can do any of that stuff to and take it to the dealership modified like that, and they will still honor the warranty

2. The GTR CAN go on some race tracks, it just HAS to be taken in for a maintenance after it, which is 2k-2k, depending, if NOT than the warranty can be voided.

what car company has the funds to repair a car that a person goes out and abuses on the track, and breaks something. its not Nissans job to fund your raceing dreams, they just build the car.
+1 sir

Z33_kid
04-07-2009, 05:12 PM
the people that can afford one dont care about warranty

DUBSf22c
04-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Still funny. Its hype was based on its amazing track times and handling. I just think for them to be this strict is to go against WHAT THIS SPECIFIC car was setting out to do. I really think it takes the fun out of it.

JITB
04-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Still funny. Its hype was based on its amazing track times and handling. I just think for them to be this strict is to go against WHAT THIS SPECIFIC car was setting out to do. I really think it takes the fun out of it.

i mean it can do what it says it can do, and still keep it under warranty in stock form.

like selling a 14sec civic that runs perfectly, and the new owner goes out and mods it into a 12sec civic.. and faults the previous owner for it breaking...

jdm93civic
04-07-2009, 10:34 PM
I heard bout all that....Damn technology

okra1981
04-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Mitsubishi did this a few years back with the Evolution, they would look into track records and void warranty for the cars involved with racing. The abuses of everyday driving are very different from the abuses of a track (unless you driver that insane on a street for extended periods of time), these companies are just protecting themselves from customers who will continually return something whenever the customer should know to cover their own butts whenever they abuse their car in such a way. I don't blame them for this, the launch control seems like a different issue, if you advertise and praise your auto for having something so ingenious, then you should find a more reliable way of providing such a feature to your customer, rather than charge $20k for a transmission and then take the feature away entirely.

koukis14
04-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Mos car companies do this. Your a moron if you walk into the service dept and say " I was on my 5th run down the drag strip and the transmission blew up." We had a customer go apeshit when his brakes on his RS4 were not warranty when they were metal to metal at 5,000 mile. He should not have been bragging about how he knows Road Atlanta like the back of his hand and tracks his car whenever possible. Hell Ferrari voids the warranty if the car is tracked. Read your fine print.

speedminded
04-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Hrmm...

Keeping Your Mod's Warranty Intact (http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/keeping-your-mods-warranty-intact.html)

It's called being familiar with the 1975 Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

jdm93civic
04-08-2009, 08:20 AM
I feel if they put LC control on the car then they should warranty the car no matter what unless it is modded.!!

ksniperfox
04-08-2009, 08:33 AM
funny. i just had my s2k serviced at the dealer, they replaced the clutch slave cylinder free of charge. when i got it, it was honda certified and got the extended warranty for 7 years/70k miles. still at 47k miles, yet i have intake, exhaust, test pipe, lowered....and they said nothing.

Elbow
04-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Ferrari doesn't do that, they encourage it lol. Same with Porsche, even Mazda, BMW, etc.

speedminded
04-08-2009, 08:53 AM
funny. i just had my s2k serviced at the dealer, they replaced the clutch slave cylinder free of charge. when i got it, it was honda certified and got the extended warranty for 7 years/70k miles. still at 47k miles, yet i have intake, exhaust, test pipe, lowered....and they said nothing.Since 1975 they can't say anything. None of those things have an effect on the drivetrain.

If you put a stage 5 clutch in it and the drive shaft ends up looking like a twizzler then they have every right to deny a warranty claim for replacing it. If you drove around with an open header and burnt the valves then they can deny you the top-end rebuilt (if you show up for service with open header). If you sucked up water with the intake and hydrolock it then they don't have to replace or rebuild the bottom end.

You could swap a 2JZ under the hood of your s2k and they can't deny replacing the clutch master cylinder. ;)

Elbow
04-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Warranties are lame anyway, just don't use them or buy without them. Especially a new GTR, if you buy it and don't have extra $$ you are a moron, it's like buying a Ferrari, everyone is like well now you are broke for keeping it running, nooo, you only buy a car like that if you can keep it running and not feel a thing.

VooDooXII
04-08-2009, 09:21 AM
This is the biggest thing I can't stand about the GTR.

ShooterMcGavin
04-08-2009, 09:32 AM
at first glance it's shocking and pisses me off...but after thinking it over rationally for a min it makes sense, they're just covering their own ass just in case someone does something extremely retarded to that car.

UpSideDownDesi
04-08-2009, 09:56 AM
what's next? Going 60mph or 100mph under some seconds will void the warranty too? I can understand they don't want owners abusing the cars, then bring them in for warranty repair. Seems like they are trying to hide something or something they know is going to break if cars are pushed (weak tranny?) then don't want to repair it under warranty. What's sucks is some people probably do care about the warranty and are going to track the car in stock form. From what read some time ago, GTR's navigation system can tell the ECU where it is, racetrack and stores it. So no way around it.

Btw this is what my friend has to say about GTR's warranty, GTR stripped and putting down 700whp.
video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUQXeO6E-aI
http://i42.tinypic.com/1z6gric.jpg

RUFFIAN
04-08-2009, 10:19 AM
:thinking: Why would you buy a car like this to be a D/D only? If I bought that car the warranty would be voided on the test drive.:burnout:

DynamicSound
04-08-2009, 10:43 AM
funny. i just had my s2k serviced at the dealer, they replaced the clutch slave cylinder free of charge. when i got it, it was honda certified and got the extended warranty for 7 years/70k miles. still at 47k miles, yet i have intake, exhaust, test pipe, lowered....and they said nothing.

I think you are missing the point. They are going to honor the warranty unless the specific problem that needs to be fixed is aftermarket or they can link the damage to an aftermarket part that caused it. Just because you have mods on your car doesn't mean everything is voided.

DynamicSound
04-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Of coarse Nissan knows you are going to drive it like it was meant to be. However, what happens when you drive cars hard?? They break down much quicker. Nissan doesn't want to be taking care of the bill because of an idiot. If you were Nissan or a company, you would feel the same. It is like me selling a 1000rms sub to someone I know is going to running a 2000rms amp on it. That warranty will be voided because it is common sense that the sub will blow if they are running it turned up with twice the power. I am not paying for that replacement...if you want to do it, fine, but be prepared to buy another one.

speedminded
04-08-2009, 12:13 PM
what's next? Going 60mph or 100mph under some seconds will void the warranty too? I can understand they don't want owners abusing the cars, then bring them in for warranty repair. Seems like they are trying to hide something or something they know is going to break if cars are pushed (weak tranny?) then don't want to repair it under warranty. What's sucks is some people probably do care about the warranty and are going to track the car in stock form. From what read some time ago, GTR's navigation system can tell the ECU where it is, racetrack and stores it. So no way around it.

Btw this is what my friend has to say about GTR's warranty, GTR stripped and putting down 700whp.
video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUQXeO6E-aI
http://i42.tinypic.com/1z6gric.jpgThere's laws restricting what information can be stored and used against a owner to void their warranty claim.

On_Her_Face
04-08-2009, 12:42 PM

Hendricks Chevrolet dealership in Gwinnett. They've fixed tons of things on my old Corvette while having the track numbers on my windows.

DirtyMechanic
04-08-2009, 01:59 PM
There's laws restricting what information can be stored and used against a owner to void their warranty claim.and where did you read this. because they are. and they have done it already.

ksniperfox
04-08-2009, 02:26 PM
I think you are missing the point. They are going to honor the warranty unless the specific problem that needs to be fixed is aftermarket or they can link the damage to an aftermarket part that caused it. Just because you have mods on your car doesn't mean everything is voided.

i didnt miss any point. i think you missed it. i just wanted to share my story in sharp contrast to the GTR warranty issues to show how bad it is getting.

and if i hydrolock my motor then i guess ill put the stock intake back on and let them replace the bottom end, lol.

Twan0690
04-08-2009, 05:58 PM
I believe that Nissan built a great car, however they built it with a tranny made of glass. So to cover their butts they are restricting the way people drive it. Overall I think that they should have engineered a better transmission so for this I would take a R34 hands down over a R35. :2cents:

Kaiser
04-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Hendricks Chevrolet dealership in Gwinnett. They've fixed tons of things on my old Corvette while having the track numbers on my windows.

Which is good of them, but from what I've seen of the Z06 warranty paperwork Chevrolet doesn't cover that either.

Don't see how Nissan's gone insane with their warranty on the GT-R...Ferrari is actually quite specific about what they will cover depending on what modification you do to the car and will happily tell you they'll fix what you broke if you pay for it. All Nissan has done is reaffirm that they will not fix problems caused by the OWNER OF THE VEHICLE or anything the OWNER does to the car under the terms of the warranty which represents a promise by the manufacturer that the car comes from the factory problem free with routine maintenance for a given period of time. The warranty on a new Honda Accord has basically the same wording in it, and I can't figure out why people are so upset. Hell, when Chrysler was offering that unlimited powertrain coverage they made sure that they stopped anything that modified the engine to increase output that affected the failed system wasn't covered. Specifically anything that increased output and the transmission failed afterwards, they were going to think long and hard about whether or not they were going to pay for that transmission.

Please people, don't be unrealistic with your expectations that Nissan is going to somehow magically cover all of your problems. If you don't like their rules, simply don't buy one. If the car cost what an F430 cost and came with this kind of warranty I could see the complaint, but the car costs what a new BMW M3 costs.

and if i hydrolock my motor then i guess ill put the stock intake back on and let them replace the bottom end, lol.

I wish you good luck with that. Let us know how it goes, huh?

Frög
04-08-2009, 06:30 PM

Not true.. At all..

I will say it again:
Nissan = FAIL

_Christian_
04-08-2009, 06:55 PM
what car company has the funds to repair a car that a person goes out and abuses on the track, and breaks something.
Porsche :D

Catnip
04-08-2009, 07:55 PM
It's not so much that they're not gonna cover my ass when I turn launch control off and the tranny breaks, it's that they made such claims about the car w/o traction control AND the tranny is how much? $20,000? I heard some stupid number like that. I'm sorry, but there's no way in hell it's worth $20,000.

and I like nismo's $20k exhaust system for it :rolleyes:

HypnoToad
04-08-2009, 08:02 PM
It's not so much that they're not gonna cover my ass when I turn launch control off and the tranny breaks, it's that they made such claims about the car w/o traction control AND the tranny is how much? $20,000? I heard some stupid number like that. I'm sorry, but there's no way in hell it's worth $20,000.

and I like nismo's $20k exhaust system for it :rolleyes:

u can get a brand new LS7 for less than 20k.......lol

01CDMLUDER
04-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Don't see how Nissan's gone insane with their warranty on the GT-R...Ferrari is actually quite specific about what they will cover depending on what modification you do to the car and will happily tell you they'll fix what you broke if you pay for it. All Nissan has done is reaffirm that they will not fix problems caused by the OWNER OF THE VEHICLE or anything the OWNER does to the car under the terms of the warranty which represents a promise by the manufacturer that the car comes from the factory problem free with routine maintenance for a given period of time. The warranty on a new Honda Accord has basically the same wording in it, and I can't figure out why people are so upset. Hell, when Chrysler was offering that unlimited powertrain coverage they made sure that they stopped anything that modified the engine to increase output that affected the failed system wasn't covered. Specifically anything that increased output and the transmission failed afterwards, they were going to think long and hard about whether or not they were going to pay for that transmission.

Please people, don't be unrealistic with your expectations that Nissan is going to somehow magically cover all of your problems. If you don't like their rules, simply don't buy one. If the car cost what an F430 cost and came with this kind of warranty I could see the complaint, but the car costs what a new BMW M3 costs.

X2

:ninja:

_Christian_
04-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Which is good of them, but from what I've seen of the Z06 warranty paperwork Chevrolet doesn't cover that either.

Not everyone buys it to mod. Nissan also regulates where and how you use it. You can't use launch control or turn VDC off. There's a difference between modifying your car and using a feature INCLUDED on the car. So you get a tease of a performance car that you can't fully use, or a performance car with no warranty. Sorry, but I can't have faith in a car when the manufacturer doesn't.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii293/yc89/warranty.jpg

Frög
04-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Problematik can I please suck your cock?

_Christian_
04-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Problematik can I please suck your cock?
Only if you let me rub it on that mighty fine piece of machinery in your avatar..

DieselNuts
04-08-2009, 09:26 PM

I've seen turbo'd g35's go in for warranty work and it has gotten covered. Same company...explain that...

the people that can afford one dont care about warranty
So you're saying that someone that can afford an $80K car doesnt car about having to replace a $30K transmission? :rolleyes:

i mean it can do what it says it can do, and still keep it under warranty in stock form.

like selling a 14sec civic that runs perfectly, and the new owner goes out and mods it into a 12sec civic.. and faults the previous owner for it breaking...
What are you talking about? Not even close. It plainly says, take it to a track, void your warranty. Put it on a dyno, void your warranty.

afwfjustin
04-08-2009, 09:27 PM

The problem he is referring to is very well known amongst S2K owners though. Honda extended warranty is notorious for completely denying warranty work if someone has an intake or an exhaust system.

RL...
04-08-2009, 09:29 PM
no car is perfect, and the gtr is far from it. But either way, you get a lot of bang for the buck. I don't see how ppl can be so quick to judge when they've never driven the car...

Frög
04-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Only if you let me rub it on that mighty fine piece of machinery in your avatar..

HAHAHAH :gay:

DieselNuts
04-08-2009, 09:44 PM
no car is perfect, and the gtr is far from it. But either way, you get a lot of bang for the buck. I don't see how ppl can be so quick to judge when they've never driven the car...
you dont need to drive the car to read the warranty info... :rolleyes:

koukis14
04-08-2009, 10:16 PM
I've seen turbo'd g35's go in for warranty work and it has gotten covered. Same company...explain that...

What was fixed? One of my customers has a turbo kit on his vehicle and I warranty his radio, window regulators...ect all day long. If his engine blows he is fucked unless he tows it to his house/shop and turns it all back to stock. Even though I knew he had it modded I'm not going to rat him out.....why? Because making the manufacturer pay for it retains customer loyalty, and 9 times out of ten if you do make them pay for it they cry up the ladder and you end up eating half the labor and your effective labor rate goes in the shitter killing your paycheck. Customer pay kicks ass but I'll take less money from warranty before I pay for half of it myself. Unfortunatly as far as the GTR goes, the service dept has no choice. Information has to be sent via internet to Nissan directly from the car. If they see something they don't like the repair gets bounced.

claybird
04-08-2009, 10:16 PM
THIS is bull sit! And imean sit

BobbyFresco
04-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act, a car manufacturer has the burden to prove that any modifications done to a car has directly affected whatever issue may come up that may need fixing during the warranty period.

Edit: sorry for the repost.

Siverprobegt
04-08-2009, 10:33 PM

Come on now..i aint spending that kind on money an don"t drive it hard!You don't see m3 or M5 breaking parts like that..Bmw know what you spend your money for..They could of do a much better job on the transmissions :D

BobbyFresco
04-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Come on now..i aint spending that kind on money an don"t drive it hard!You don't see m3 or M5 breaking parts like that..Bmw know what you spend your money for..They could of do a much better job on the transmissions :D

Bmw isn't without its faults...there was a huge issue with the Vanos system on E46 M3's failing and numerous dealerships were not honoring replacement under warranty. One would think with all the r and d hours involved in developing a car that build flaws would not be an issue...I guess it all comes down to car manufacturers skimping on quality material when building these high priced cars...

HeLLo iM iZzY
04-08-2009, 10:46 PM

like selling a 14sec civic that runs perfectly, and the new owner goes out and mods it into a 12sec civic.. and faults the previous owner for it breaking...Fail at example, lol.

Just leave it as, why would a company pay for someone who abused the hell out of the car and broke it and now they want it fixed for free.

JITB
04-08-2009, 10:49 PM

So you're saying that someone that can afford an $80K car doesnt car about having to replace a $30K transmission? :rolleyes:

What are you talking about? Not even close. It plainly says, take it to a track, void your warranty. Put it on a dyno, void your warranty.

its been said time and time again.. we all went over this warranty, thing before. last year when the gtr came out, about it removing the MPH restrictions, for certain tracks, and certain GPS locations. So the brain will know where the car has been. And if it has been it HAS to be serviced.. A guy on the GTR forums, has already done it, and he took it to nissan got it serviced, and went along about his business..

I dont know where you all are getting this idea, that if you modify a car. That the dealership is supposed to fix it, if it breaks. What is wrong with you all.. its been happening.

The people that complain the most about the GTR arent the owners.. the owners seem to be very pleased...so whats the issue.

This car isnt any special piece of equipment, it will break just like any other piece of machinery on the road.

JITB
04-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Fail at example, lol.

Just leave it as, why would a company pay for someone who abused the hell out of the car and broke it and now they want it fixed for free.

its the same principle.. GTR a 11-12 sec car, chip the ecu, and al crazy bolt-ons, and its a 10 sec. car. You wont expect nissan to fix it when the tranny grenades, with all the mods on the Ecu.

HeLLo iM iZzY
04-08-2009, 10:55 PM
its the same principle.. GTR a 11-12 sec car, chip the ecu, and al crazy bolt-ons, and its a 10 sec. car. You wont expect nissan to fix it when the tranny grenades, with all the mods on the Ecu.How is it the same principle? LOL. There's a difference from buying a car from the DEALER and buying a car from PRIVATE. 99% cars that are sold private are sold, AS-IS. Buying from the dealer, you can MAYBE get some warranty depending how old your car is.

_Christian_
04-08-2009, 10:57 PM
its the same principle.. GTR a 11-12 sec car, chip the ecu, and al crazy bolt-ons, and its a 10 sec. car. You wont expect nissan to fix it when the tranny grenades, with all the mods on the Ecu.
What if they just want to achieve the claimed factory performance specs?

Terror
04-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Ok really? how the fuck are they gonna know the cars done either of these things? like your gonna walk in there saying "my brakes are all fucked up, i just got back from laguna seca" i mean... come on.

JITB
04-08-2009, 11:05 PM
How is it the same principle? LOL. There's a difference from buying a car from the DEALER and buying a car from PRIVATE. 99% cars that are sold private are sold, AS-IS. Buying from the dealer, you can MAYBE get some warranty depending how old your car is.

you take a simple example and analyze it...

The point was............

The car being sold can do what it says..in the way its being sold..

IF YOU WANT TO DO MORE! WE WILL NOT FIX IT IF YOU BREAK IT...

HypnoToad
04-08-2009, 11:07 PM
you take a simple example and analyze it...

The point was............

The car being sold can do what it says..in the way its being sold..

IF YOU WANT TO DO MORE! WE WILL NOT FIX IT IF YOU BREAK IT...

and then it breaks,lol.

JITB
What if they just want to achieve the claimed factory performance specs?

It can do it just fine in stock form...what the issue?

Ok really? how the fuck are they gonna know the cars done either of these things? like your gonna walk in there saying "my brakes are all fucked up, i just got back from laguna seca" i mean... come on.

it has all or most tracks on its GPS, so if it goes in that area or whatever, Its supposed to activate something similar to a CEL, when it leaves the area. And they can look it up at nissan and it will tell on you..

JITB
and then it breaks,lol.

hey...shit happens... :D cars break!

HypnoToad
04-08-2009, 11:10 PM
hey...shit happens... :D cars break!

but some more than others.........like the car made by a company that is going under,yet still makes top performing sportscars that do what they say they can more than once,lol

JITB
04-08-2009, 11:15 PM
but some more than others.........like the car made by a company that is going under,yet still makes top performing sportscars that do what they say they can more than once,lol

you all act like GTRs are blowing up, left and right... Every car has it problems..roofs flying off z06's...lol remember that uproar..

HypnoToad
04-08-2009, 11:16 PM
you all act like GTRs are blowing up, left and right... Every car has it problems..roofs flying off z06's...lol remember that uproar..

lol,thats only problem for drivers behind them and it also help whens u gotta jump on some semi-trucks

DieselNuts
04-08-2009, 11:18 PM
What was fixed? One of my customers has a turbo kit on his vehicle and I warranty his radio, window regulators...ect all day long. If his engine blows he is fucked unless he tows it to his house/shop and turns it all back to stock. Even though I knew he had it modded I'm not going to rat him out.....why? Because making the manufacturer pay for it retains customer loyalty, and 9 times out of ten if you do make them pay for it they cry up the ladder and you end up eating half the labor and your effective labor rate goes in the shitter killing your paycheck. Customer pay kicks ass but I'll take less money from warranty before I pay for half of it myself. Unfortunatly as far as the GTR goes, the service dept has no choice. Information has to be sent via internet to Nissan directly from the car. If they see something they don't like the repair gets bounced.
It was the Transmission. I'll look for the thread.

DieselNuts
04-08-2009, 11:23 PM
but they wont fix it even if its stock...

VooDooXII
04-08-2009, 11:25 PM

You sure you mean the Z06 or are you thinking of the Corvette proper? The Z06 has a fixed roof.

_Christian_
04-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Ya, all you have to do is disengage VDC..oh wait, there goes the warranty.

Five*Star*
04-08-2009, 11:36 PM
My thoughts on this....

Nissan sold you a $200,000 Super-car-annihilator for $80,000. They already gave you an insane deal.... they can't clean up after you, too. If their tranny is that exspensive, but a very awesome design... one should not abuse it.

What other cars luanch 0-60 in 3.3 with awd and a 3800lb chassis? Are they under $100,000???

I kinda see where Nissan is coming from. They are giving you the goods up front, but it's up to you to be deserving of it. The guys on the Ferrari budget, can buy the GTR for a daily or track car and have all the fun they want with it. After blowing 3-4 transmissions, they will still be out-of-pocket LESS than a new Ferrari F430 owner would.

My cousin just bought a 2009 E92 M3 BMW, but he's not planning on getting too crazy with it, because he knows he needs that warranty for awhile.

JITB
04-08-2009, 11:36 PM
but they wont fix it even if its stock...

it says you should only turn off the VDC unless you are stuck, and should not launch it with it off, In bold print. i think it shouldnt be like that. But apparently it will harm the tranny, than so be it.

JITB
04-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Ya, all you have to do is disengage VDC..oh wait, there goes the warranty.

where are u getting this from!!! you dont need to turn off the vdc to get these times. the vdc off is to get the electronics off, and to enjoy it better. if anything you will do better with it on.

_Christian_
04-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Ok really? how the fuck are they gonna know the cars done either of these things? like your gonna walk in there saying "my brakes are all fucked up, i just got back from laguna seca" i mean... come on. :headslap:

The Z06 has a fixed roof.
x2. Man has lost his marbles.

where are u getting this from!!! you dont need to turn off the vdc to get these times. the vdc off is to get the electronics off, and to enjoy it better. if anything you will do better with it on.
VDC must be off to use launch control.

koukis14
04-08-2009, 11:50 PM
It was the Transmission. I'll look for the thread.

The GFF required by the manufacturer to warranty a transmission would not give away a turbo kit. It would be up to the Service Dept at the dealership to inform the factory the car is modded.

JITB
04-08-2009, 11:53 PM
:headslap:

x2. Man has lost his marbles.

VDC must be off to use launch control.

u got me about the z06, i knew it was one of them vettes.. :goodjob:

vdc off, isnt the issue either, its the repeated launch with it off... Ive done the reading the first time about this, and all the people that ive read, that have had the gtr issues. Have came from driving the hell out of it, and it breaking. You buy a 80k car, and you beat on it, you can afford to fix a 80K car.. its simple. thats why i own what i own..lol

Twan0690
04-09-2009, 09:28 AM
What is the purpose of knowing telemetry of real world driving? Nissan has built a car you brag about but don't use. Does anybody know if they have ever been this strict?

DieselNuts
04-09-2009, 09:28 AM
What other cars luanch 0-60 in 3.3 with awd and a 3800lb chassis? Are they under $100,000???
Is it capable of doing so without launch control or traction control?

The GFF required by the manufacturer to warranty a transmission would not give away a turbo kit. It would be up to the Service Dept at the dealership to inform the factory the car is modded.
well, all I'm saying is that it happened.

koukis14
04-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Is it capable of doing so without launch control or traction control?

well, all I'm saying is that it happened.
I'm agreeing

DieselNuts
04-09-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm agreeing
:cheers:

ISAtlanta300
04-09-2009, 11:45 AM

it has all or most tracks on its GPS, so if it goes in that area or whatever, Its supposed to activate something similar to a CEL, when it leaves the area. And they can look it up at nissan and it will tell on you..

So what if it just went as a SPECTATOR? I see this being easily beat in court.

Who's to know what I went to a track for? It could have been to race, it could also have been to go to a car show or just to look at others race.

DirtyMechanic
04-09-2009, 02:28 PM
So what if it just went as a SPECTATOR? I see this being easily beat in court.

Who's to know what I went to a track for? It could have been to race, it could also have been to go to a car show or just to look at others race.when your getting ON the track it will prompt you. not when your in the parking lot of the track. and it doesnt have all the tracks just nissan approved tracks. and road atlanta is not one of them. since i know three guys that when up for a track day all at one. RA with three R35s running around. 1 full track car 1 a serious track preped car and 1 bone stock. they were never prompted by the Navi system.

Elbow
04-09-2009, 02:32 PM
I lol'd when I saw a GTR run RA.

DirtyMechanic
04-09-2009, 02:39 PM
I lol'd when I saw a GTR run RA.why because a bone stock on all-seaons run flats ran a 1:36 lol

Siverprobegt
04-09-2009, 05:05 PM
u got me about the z06, i knew it was one of them vettes.. :goodjob:

vdc off, isnt the issue either, its the repeated launch with it off... Ive done the reading the first time about this, and all the people that ive read, that have had the gtr issues. Have came from driving the hell out of it, and it breaking. You buy a 80k car, and you beat on it, you can afford to fix a 80K car.. its simple. thats why i own what i own..lol

I know that you love the GTR,but it is what it is. THE TRANSMISSION IS JUNK!!!!What company would advertise how fast there car is on the track,but if you drive on the track ,your warranty is voided...The old R34, R33 & R32 didn't had tran failure..I dont even thing a supra cost that much back then,but there transmission don't fail .Then they know the problem but will not improve it!!!!Come on,who is going to spend so much money,an not drive it hard....Your paying for a sports car,not a m3,amg benz or something..A dam mustang transmission is stronger then that ,lol

DirtyMechanic
04-09-2009, 06:03 PM
^ wow you stupid

ep9716
04-09-2009, 09:43 PM
X2

If They Can Drop That Much Cash For That Type Of Car..They Would Not Care About Warranty...

DieselNuts
04-10-2009, 03:17 PM
If you honestly think that because someone can afford an $80K car that they don't care about having to replace a $30K transmission out of pocket, you are out of your goddamn mind

JITB
04-10-2009, 05:07 PM
I know that you love the GTR,but it is what it is. THE TRANSMISSION IS JUNK!!!!What company would advertise how fast there car is on the track,but if you drive on the track ,your warranty is voided...The old R34, R33 & R32 didn't had tran failure..I dont even thing a supra cost that much back then,but there transmission don't fail .Then they know the problem but will not improve it!!!!Come on,who is going to spend so much money,an not drive it hard....Your paying for a sports car,not a m3,amg benz or something..A dam mustang transmission is stronger then that ,lol

the warranty isn't voided, if u don't get the maintenanced after ur track adventure, than it is. I don't think its a issue with the tranny being weak. but with 500hp, constant hard launches will do damage to any trans. its not like gtrs are dropping trannies left and right. some folks fucked their trannies up having fun, showing off. nissan has found a way to monitor the situation. if iever bought a gtr I wouldn't worry about it personally. if u crack open a manual to any car it will have a long list of things that the car can do, that will void the warranty.

Frög
04-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Im not going to read through this thread, but here is my take, and I believe most true car enthusiasts would agree:

I can't believe car enthusiast would defend Nissan in this case.. I like Nissan as a whole, but the GTR is complete FAIL..

This is the BEGINNING of the END of automobile sporting and enjoyment..

You can't bring your high performance sports car to a racetrack? WTF is this?

Porsche, Ferrari, etc.. WANT you to bring your car to the track.. The whole PCA community is centered around racing.. They have events where you bring your car to racetracks (Road Atlanta, etc..) and TEACH YOU how to race it!

You guys that defend Nissan are either (a) complete driving noobs and drive like Asian grandmas, (b) not true car enthusiasts, or (c) completely blinded Nissan fan boys.. Maybe a combination of the three.. But sadly, a lot of you are true car enthusiasts and know how to drive, you just are blinded Nissan fan boys.. Remember: "Love is blind"..

Here is the Porsche Club of America calendar for Georgia ONLY and for April-May ONLY.. Note that EVERY driver education is to teach you how to drive YOUR car around the racetrack/autocross track, and keep in mind that EVERY one of those events is in YOUR personal daily driven (or w/e) Porsche with FULL WARRANTY which is still upheld..

(deleted all social events, just kept the racing)
APRIL
2nd Driver's Education: Wilderness Trail Region DE at VIR
4th Autocross School
5th Autocross #1: Lakewood Amphitheater
25th - 26th Driver's Education: Road Atlanta
MAY
2nd Driver's Education: Heart O' Dixie Region DE at Talladega Gran Prix Raceway
3rd Driver's Education: Musik-Stadt Region DE at Talladega Gran Prix Raceway
3rd Autocross #2
17th Concours: Porsches and Planes IV Concours at Stoney Point Airfield
31st Spring Rally

Racing goes hand in hand with a true sports car manufacturer.. This should not be limited at the professional level either, and should be brought down to the customer.. Obviously, that cannot be said about Nissan..

How can you buy a car that you cannot take to the limits? The only selling point of a car for me is whether it gives me that adrenaline rush with its performance.. Where are you going to get that with a GTR? In the streets? No thanks..

Im not even getting into the other BS VDC and liability of the car.. I really don't want to because it infuriates me even more, and the worst part: Some people defend Nissan.. I just kept it about the racing, manufacturer & customer relationship..

Frög
04-11-2009, 08:41 AM
I know I said I wouldn't get into this argument, but I read the post above mine.. Here we go:

I don't think its a issue with the tranny being weak. but with 500hp, constant hard launches will do damage to any trans.

Weird.. Porsche trannies somehow hold up..

its not like gtrs are dropping trannies left and right.

Yes they are.. There should be ZERO issues to begin with, and if there were any: warranty should cover it..

some folks fucked their trannies up having fun, showing off.

huh yeah.. Whats wrong with that? Whats your point here? You aren't supposed to have fun with you high performance sports car? The high performance car isn't built tough enough to handle the high performance driving? I think you are missing the point here.. The GTR isn't a PT cruiser, its a car that is supposedly meant for this..

if u crack open a manual to any car it will have a long list of things that the car can do, that will void the warranty.

If your GT3/GT2/Turbo tranny breaks during the warranty, Porsche will cover it.. It will do so whether its your DD or your weekend car you just happen to track every weekend.. I mean, those damn PCA's events are always pushing you to take your high performance sports car on the racetrack.. Who can resist?

You know, its not HOW and WHERE you drive the car that should entail the warranty's specifics, but the MILES and YEARS after the purchase that should determine it, regardless of how hard you drive it or where you race it.. Also, modding a car should void a warranty, but driving a car like it is meant to be driven (ie not like a fucking Asian grandma) should NOT..

God damn it.. I did it.. I got into the BS argument I didn't want to.. I just had to respond to that post..

ep9716
04-11-2009, 09:53 AM
If you honestly think that because someone can afford an $80K car that they don't care about having to replace a $30K transmission out of pocket, you are out of your goddamn mind

For A Car They Don't Really Need...Yes. They Could Have Got A Kia LOL

Glides
04-11-2009, 10:01 AM

You sir....type worse then my 7 year old niece. If you want someone to take what you say seriously, learn to type properly. And if you say it's not important because it's the internets....i'll laugh in your general direction again.

Oh...and by the way. The M3 and the AMG Benz ARE sports cars. Both are from the tuning divisions of the companies that put them out.

See....maybe if you typed your response better, I might not have dived so deep into the goofiness of your post.

Elbow
04-11-2009, 10:40 AM
why because a bone stock on all-seaons run flats ran a 1:36 lol

Forged cars out there was SLOW AS FUCK :lmfao: But the driver also didn't seem that great. It's the GTR, should run faster then a 1:36...I mean it's god, that's IT car speed. :lmfao:

As for the Porsche talk, hell Porsche brings parts to the track in case you need something :lmfao: . Even MAZDA does that and that's far from a exotic company. The GTR is advertised as a performance car, it has seen tons of media about it on track, if your tranny breaks often, or because you had fun in it...WTF is the point in owning it? :???:

DirtyMechanic
04-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Forged cars out there was SLOW AS FUCK :lmfao: But the driver also didn't seem that great. It's the GTR, should run faster then a 1:36...I mean it's god, that's IT car speed. :lmfao:

bone stock with all-season runs flats. really thats slow. what should it be running then. the stock car was a forged car. but the other two were koni challenge cars:goodjob:

larossa9
04-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Yea i don't see a problem if you bring the car to a track and run the nuts off of it, have a problem, and bring it to nissan only for them to say well thats your bad. Because that makes perfect sense,
but i do see a problem with the launch control being used off of a race track, because if they are going to install an option they can be turned off/on with the flick of a switch, (which is one of the major selling points of the car), and then something goes wrong, there is a problem

JITB
04-11-2009, 02:00 PM
I know I said I wouldn't get into this argument, but I read the post above mine.. Here we go:

Weird.. Porsche trannies somehow hold up..

Yes they are.. There should be ZERO issues to begin with, and if there were any: warranty should cover it..

huh yeah.. Whats wrong with that? Whats your point here? You aren't supposed to have fun with you high performance sports car? The high performance car isn't built tough enough to handle the high performance driving? I think you are missing the point here.. The GTR isn't a PT cruiser, its a car that is supposedly meant for this..

If your GT3/GT2/Turbo tranny breaks during the warranty, Porsche will cover it.. It will do so whether its your DD or your weekend car you just happen to track every weekend.. I mean, those damn PCA's events are always pushing you to take your high performance sports car on the racetrack.. Who can resist?

You know, its not HOW and WHERE you drive the car that should entail the warranty's specifics, but the MILES and YEARS after the purchase that should determine it, regardless of how hard you drive it or where you race it.. Also, modding a car should void a warranty, but driving a car like it is meant to be driven (ie not like a fucking Asian grandma) should NOT..

God damn it.. I did it.. I got into the BS argument I didn't want to.. I just had to respond to that post..

thats porsche/ferrari this is nissan.... when porsche/ferrari makes a 500hp awd for 80k... than we can compare the 2...so all that u wrote doest mean anything.

A friend of mines boxster s tranny broke twice!!, and the new one is on its way out with the same symptoms.

and the transmissions are not dropping out of the cars left and right from driving with the vdc. All this tranny talk comes from 1 GUY that posted on the gtr forums about his issues...and the world stamped the trannies as junk..

Elbow
04-11-2009, 02:10 PM
bone stock with all-season runs flats. really thats slow. what should it be running then. the stock car was a forged car. but the other two were koni challenge cars:goodjob:

No they weren't. Whoever was driving the Forged car needs lessons.

EJ25RUN
04-11-2009, 03:28 PM

This post has to be for the lawls. :lmao:

I can't imagine anyone being on this low a level.

DieselNuts
04-11-2009, 03:44 PM
For A Car They Don't Really Need...Yes. They Could Have Got A Kia LOL
They could get 3 Kia's for the price of the tranny alone

DirtyMechanic
04-11-2009, 04:29 PM
No they weren't. Whoever was driving the Forged car needs lessons.yes yes it was bone stock with all-season runflats sorry simon i put them on when i did the springs:goodjob:

Frög
04-12-2009, 05:24 AM
thats porsche/ferrari this is nissan.... when porsche/ferrari makes a 500hp awd for 80k... than we can compare the 2...

Hope you are kidding!

First: Who is the one who started comparing Nissan with Porsche? Nissan!

Second: When you look a little more into it, you find out that (a) its BS, (b) if true its at cost of reliability. You can't just compare performance and not other aspects of the car!!!!!!!

Third: So im going to make a car that has awesome performance at the cost of reliability? Sorry, but Porsche charging 30k more for their turbo is worth it in my book.. Imagine the headache and the additional out-of-pocket expenses! With Porsche, you know if something goes, they will pay.. A GTR owner has a lot of uncertainty about this, and I hope we all know, uncertainty = risk = higher initial cost.. So the GTR really isn't cheaper in the long run..

To conclude: We all know our trusted little rule, how could we have been duped in believing that the GTR was all that good?

Powerful, reliable, cheap.. Pick two :goodjob:

Porsche are powerful and reliable so they aren't cheap.. The way it should be, which is much better than Nissan's take where the GTR is powerful and cheap but unreliable..

A friend of mines boxster s tranny broke twice!!, and the new one is on its way out with the same symptoms.

First: At how many miles did this happen? This is not even part of the argument, as far as I know, it has NEVER happened with a car that had as little miles as the GTR, AND if it has PORSCHE would pay for the tranny if it was under warranty, would Nissan? NO! Im sure it had a lot of miles and out of warranty.. We are arguing this simple fact! How can anyone veer from that?!?!?

Warranty + broken tranny = manufacturer pay
NO warranty + broken tranny = customer pay

Nissan doesn't seem to get that concept.. VDC should not void the warranty either.. Can't argue that..

Second: Why are we comparing a Boxster S tranny to a GTR's? I know a friend that has a 350z and has had MANY problems and is on his second tranny.. This is a KNOWN issue for 350z's manual tranny.. What does this have to do with the GTR failing?

and the transmissions are not dropping out of the cars left and right from driving with the vdc. All this tranny talk comes from 1 GUY that posted on the gtr forums about his issues...and the world stamped the trannies as junk..

Last time I read up on it, more people came in with the same problem.. The guys that had blown trannies were trying to get together against Nissan.. This is not an isolated case as I recall.. Only 1 guy?

some folks fucked their trannies up

Why is this ^ plural?

Ive done the reading the first time about this, and all the people that ive read, that have had the gtr issues.

Why is this ^ plural?

Like I said, I didn't want to get into the VDC / tranny argument..

so all that u wrote doest mean anything.

Just keep it to my first post in response to the OP of the thread, MORE STUPID GTR WARRANTY BS.. This is arguing that the GTR = FAIL because you should be able to take your high performance sports car ANYWHERE you please and drive it HOWEVER hard you please without voiding the warranty.. Here argue with this (yes I quoted myself):

Im not going to read through this thread, but here is my take, and I believe most true car enthusiasts would agree:

I can't believe car enthusiast would defend Nissan in this case.. I like Nissan as a whole, but the GTR is complete FAIL..

This is the BEGINNING of the END of automobile sporting and enjoyment..

You can't bring your high performance sports car to a racetrack? WTF is this?

Porsche, Ferrari, etc.. WANT you to bring your car to the track.. The whole PCA community is centered around racing.. They have events where you bring your car to racetracks (Road Atlanta, etc..) and TEACH YOU how to race it!

You guys that defend Nissan are either (a) complete driving noobs and drive like Asian grandmas, (b) not true car enthusiasts, or (c) completely blinded Nissan fan boys.. Maybe a combination of the three.. But sadly, a lot of you are true car enthusiasts and know how to drive, you just are blinded Nissan fan boys.. Remember: "Love is blind"..

Here is the Porsche Club of America calendar for Georgia ONLY and for April-May ONLY.. Note that EVERY driver education is to teach you how to drive YOUR car around the racetrack/autocross track, and keep in mind that EVERY one of those events is in YOUR personal daily driven (or w/e) Porsche with FULL WARRANTY which is still upheld..

(deleted all social events, just kept the racing)
APRIL
2nd Driver's Education: Wilderness Trail Region DE at VIR
4th Autocross School
5th Autocross #1: Lakewood Amphitheater
25th - 26th Driver's Education: Road Atlanta
MAY
2nd Driver's Education: Heart O' Dixie Region DE at Talladega Gran Prix Raceway
3rd Driver's Education: Musik-Stadt Region DE at Talladega Gran Prix Raceway
3rd Autocross #2
17th Concours: Porsches and Planes IV Concours at Stoney Point Airfield
31st Spring Rally

Racing goes hand in hand with a true sports car manufacturer.. This should not be limited at the professional level either, and should be brought down to the customer.. Obviously, that cannot be said about Nissan..

How can you buy a car that you cannot take to the limits? The only selling point of a car for me is whether it gives me that adrenaline rush with its performance.. Where are you going to get that with a GTR? In the streets? No thanks..

Im not even getting into the other BS VDC and liability of the car.. I really don't want to because it infuriates me even more, and the worst part: Some people defend Nissan.. I just kept it about the racing, manufacturer & customer relationship..

Frög
04-12-2009, 06:08 AM
You buy a 80k car, and you beat on it, you can afford to fix a 80K car.. its simple. thats why i own what i own..lol

Like said many times in this thread, this is fallacy!!! You have a 4 k car, you can afford to fix it, yes.. You have a 80k car, you can't afford to fix it out of pocket if its out of warranty!!?! A 4k car's tranny is cheap, a 80k's car tranny is exponentially higher! That why they have warranties! If not, they wouldn't have them..

IDCoconut
04-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Stop comparing Porsche to Nissan.

The GTR is 80k for a reason, and the 997 Turbo is 140k for a reason. Nissan targeted the 997 Turbo and met their goal of beating its ring times causing the hype....but unfortunately at the consumer's cost. The consumer now buys a car that is very fast for the money and is faster than almost anything on the street, but will not come anywhere near the ring times the "test" GTR Nissan used, even if Chuck Norris drove it.

Are GTR owners happy with the car? Of course they are! That was never the question. How can you not be happy with an 80k car that is faster than 95% of street driven cars? The problem here is you claim the car can perform like it's advertised, when it clearly hasn't.

Here's a reality check buddy, a fella that can only afford an 80k car doesn't necessarily mean they can afford 20k transmissions out of pocket. That type of capability Enzo, F40, and Veyron owners will most likely have for example, but a person having to take a loan out for 80k, or having to refin and take equity out of his home as the only method of paying for a GTR will take a big financial hit with a 20k transmission.

I own Porsches and have driven several GTR's. The respect is there for the car, but I can't believe the extents Nissan has gone to enforce the warranty.

JITB
04-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Hope you are kidding!

First: Who is the one who started comparing Nissan with Porsche? Nissan!

Second: When you look a little more into it, you find out that (a) its BS, (b) if true its at cost of reliability. You can't just compare performance and not other aspects of the car!!!!!!!

Third: So im going to make a car that has awesome performance at the cost of reliability? Sorry, but Porsche charging 30k more for their turbo is worth it in my book.. Imagine the headache and the additional out-of-pocket expenses! With Porsche, you know if something goes, they will pay.. A GTR owner has a lot of uncertainty about this, and I hope we all know, uncertainty = risk = higher initial cost.. So the GTR really isn't cheaper in the long run..

To conclude: We all know our trusted little rule, how could we have been duped in believing that the GTR was all that good?

Powerful, reliable, cheap.. Pick two :goodjob:

Porsche are powerful and reliable so they aren't cheap.. The way it should be, which is much better than Nissan's take where the GTR is powerful and cheap but unreliable..

First: At how many miles did this happen? This is not even part of the argument, as far as I know, it has NEVER happened with a car that had as little miles as the GTR, AND if it has PORSCHE would pay for the tranny if it was under warranty, would Nissan? NO! Im sure it had a lot of miles and out of warranty.. We are arguing this simple fact! How can anyone veer from that?!?!?

Warranty + broken tranny = manufacturer pay
NO warranty + broken tranny = customer pay

Nissan doesn't seem to get that concept.. VDC should not void the warranty either.. Can't argue that..

Second: Why are we comparing a Boxster S tranny to a GTR's? I know a friend that has a 350z and has had MANY problems and is on his second tranny.. This is a KNOWN issue for 350z's manual tranny.. What does this have to do with the GTR failing?

Last time I read up on it, more people came in with the same problem.. The guys that had blown trannies were trying to get together against Nissan.. This is not an isolated case as I recall.. Only 1 guy?

Why is this ^ plural?

Why is this ^ plural?

Like I said, I didn't want to get into the VDC / tranny argument..

Just keep it to my first post in response to the OP of the thread, MORE STUPID GTR WARRANTY BS.. This is arguing that the GTR = FAIL because you should be able to take your high performance sports car ANYWHERE you please and drive it HOWEVER hard you please without voiding the warranty.. Here argue with this (yes I quoted myself):

all this has been answered before in the past.. and im not going to repeat myself for the thousandth time... its a waste.

simple facts:

it says in the manual if u do this the tranny will suffer damage.. and we will not honor the warranty. Its no secret.. follow the break in procedure, and it will be fine. I have read the forums, and the complaints. And the only people who are making an uproar are a the non GTR owners/auto forums. Its not what everyone wanted, to be able to buy a godzilla, and be a street racing king.. and go doing burnouts, and awd launches at the stop lights.. and go tracking it all weekend, and expect nissan to fix it when the trans acts funny.

You can sit here and say you can do this to one car and it wont do this...and nissan should do this because this company does this, all day and it doesnt mean anything. Gtr is far from a cheap car.. the way i see it, the GTR will continue to be nit picked until a new one is released. Just like the R34 was a fat overweight pig, until the gtr was released..

RL...
04-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Just because one or two guys broke a tranny doesn't mean that ALL gtr's tranny is garbage.

And maybe porsche's warranty on their cars are better, they also cost a hell of a lot more. In addition to the cost, porsche also has decades of racing heritage/r&d which goes into each car and porsche itself seems to be primarily a sports car manufacturer rather than an all-purpose auto manufacturer liek nissan. Even the cayenne's perform great. No on here is saying porsche's are bad...

But considering that for its price, there is ONLY 1 other car that competes with the gtr(the vette), I would say it's great car. As I've said earlier, if you don't think so then you haven't gone 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.
I saw a gtr last night and damn they are sexy. Boxsters are ugly, although the new boxsters look nice!

Elbow
04-12-2009, 01:46 PM
yes yes it was bone stock with all-season runflats sorry simon i put them on when i did the springs:goodjob:

I'm saying no there wasn't a KC car.

1badgvr4
04-12-2009, 01:48 PM
ATTN: The GTR trans issue has been resolved. A weak 1st gear was the problem and an aftermarket company has come out with a heavy duty 1st.
There GTR currently hold the record at 10.4 at 132
http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1650277#post1650277

RL...
04-12-2009, 01:54 PM
ATTN: The GTR trans issue has been resolved. A weak 1st gear was the problem and an aftermarket company has come out with a heavy duty 1st.
http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1650277#post1650277

a 10 sec gtr :cheers:

Elbow
04-12-2009, 02:01 PM
I know Civics that run 9's for under half the price. :lmfao:

JITB
04-12-2009, 02:08 PM
I know Civics that run 9's for under half the price. :lmfao:

I know sephias that run 9's for half of that price...lol

DirtyMechanic
04-12-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm saying no there wasn't a KC car.yes there was. we were working on them at forged the week before they all went up to RA. simon stop talking about what you dont know. sorry i was there IRL. not your fantasy land.

DirtyMechanic
04-12-2009, 03:39 PM
http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1650277#post1650277 (http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1650277#post1650277) Attn: Nissan hasnt fixed the problem with a recall. this is a aftermarket fix. so in reality ITS NOT FIXED!!!

DirtyMechanic
04-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I know Civics that run 9's for under half the price. :lmfao:good for you. its still a civic. why are you so proud of that...

Elbow
04-12-2009, 03:49 PM
yes there was. we were working on them at forged the week before they all went up to RA. simon stop talking about what you dont know. sorry i was there IRL. not your fantasy land.

Really? So where is this Koni Challenge series GTR? I know a shit load more then you, considering I work around it 24/7 it's my job. It was at RA? Hmmm when? lol.

DirtyMechanic
04-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Really? So where is this Koni Challenge series GTR? I know a shit load more then you, considering I work around it 24/7 it's my job. It was at RA? Hmmm when? lol.its been a few months

Elbow
04-12-2009, 03:53 PM
I work for Road Atlanta, I didn't know Grand Am made a GTR legal in the series, and definitely saw no Koni Challenge GTR on track, so when was this lala day you speak of? Or was it in Forza?

Elbow
04-12-2009, 03:58 PM
I hope you aren't talking about that ugly ass slow green POS.

DirtyMechanic
04-13-2009, 01:12 AM
I hope you aren't talking about that ugly ass slow green POS.yeah there was a green one. and simon you have no taste in cars.:gay:

RL...
04-13-2009, 01:41 AM
*grabs popcorn*

Lets get ready to RUMMMBBBBBLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DirtyMechanic
04-13-2009, 02:23 AM
*grabs popcorn*

Lets get ready to RUMMMBBBBBLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEplease leave... as in leave IA... forever.

GSRteg®
04-13-2009, 04:40 AM

This man speaks the truth!

DieselNuts
04-13-2009, 06:19 AM
This man speaks the truth!
You're retarded. How can you say that anyone short of a multi-millionaire wouldn't care about having to replace a $30K transmission? Do it twice and magically the Porsche 997 Turbo becomes a better bang for the buck.

Elbow
04-13-2009, 07:28 AM
yeah there was a green one. and simon you have no taste in cars.:gay:

The green one was slow, and ugly as hell. I have taste in cars, just not automatic Jap shit.

DirtyMechanic
04-13-2009, 07:36 PM
The green one was slow, and ugly as hell. I have taste in cars, just not automatic Jap shit.slow compared to what. a LM. grand am. what... your car lol... come on if its so slow what were the lap times?

Elbow
04-14-2009, 09:32 PM
What the hell is an LM? LM Grand Am? LOL This isn't Gran Turismo boy get in the real motorsport world. I didn't time it, but you can tell what's fast by watching. Tell us, what did it run? It has the same stickers the F&F cars have...LOL.