PDA

View Full Version : Sports Falcons Thread

FlipKing
04-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Falcons just traded Robinsion to the Rams for swapping picks. Falcons swapped 5th and 6th round picks for the 5th and 6th round picks from the Rams.

Also- http://atl.scout.com/a.z?s=122&p=2&c=854393&refid=400 Some good defensive talent available in the Free agency..... I say sign some people

BanginJimmy
04-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Falcons have servicable players at every position. I really dont see any glaring weak points. They are now at the point where they need that 1 or 2 more stars to put them over the top.

I wouldnt mind seeing them pick up Jason Taylor for additional depth and experience on that D line.

FlipKing
04-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Kedric Gholston from Georgia is a RFA from Washington. Good defensive tackle Probably a 3rd round pick? Ken Lucas for Cornerback? Roy williams for safety. those three and we have a good D.

BanginJimmy
04-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Kedric Gholston from Georgia is a RFA from Washington. Good defensive tackle Probably a 3rd round pick? Ken Lucas for Cornerback? Roy williams for safety. those three and we have a good D.

I would like to see Roy Williams in a Falcons uniform. I am actually happy with our current CB's, but if he is available in the second round, I would like the Falcons to grab up Vonte Davis from Illinois. He has all of the tools to be a star, but he needs a mentor to help him grow up and stay out of trouble.

FlipKing
04-07-2009, 01:25 PM
We dont have Cbs.... We let foxworth go and Grimes( I am a big fan of Grimes) is 5'7" on a tall day.lol Milloy is gone too. Boley and Brooking are both gone. our 400 lb defensive tackle is gone. Gholston takes the DT spot next to babineux. Lucas at CB. Williams takes Milloy's spot. lol we need to retool the D.

BanginJimmy
04-07-2009, 01:28 PM
I did not know Foxworth was gone. SO I guess we do need to go after Vonte Davis even harder. I would also like them to go after Malcolm Jenkins out of Ohio State, but he will not be available to the Falcons.

FlipKing
04-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Foxworth signed with Baltimore I believe. Yeah...we let him walk away despite him doing great once he got here. We need cornerbacks badly.

BanginJimmy
04-07-2009, 02:00 PM
If Baltimore can get its LB situation taken care of they are going to be monsters again this year. Being as close as they were to the Superbowl I am surprised that any of them left this year.

Spectic Tank
04-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Foxworth signed with Baltimore I believe. Yeah...we let him walk away despite him doing great once he got here. We need cornerbacks badly.

We do need another corner, but Von Hutchins will be back this year. Then you have Houston, and possibly Chevis Jackson. A beefed up D-line would help those guys out a lot more than another CB.

BanginJimmy
04-07-2009, 03:12 PM
The falcons are a lot like the Eagles, they need to get younger in several areas. CB is an area that needs improvement, and I think DL, especially on the ends, needs to improve also.

FlipKing
04-07-2009, 04:17 PM
I forgot about jackson, he was good at LSU. Well, I'd give a 3rd or 4th round pick for Golston. He was good at Georgia and is producing in the NFL. I just think we need to sign a Veteran or 2 from that talented defensive list that is left.

JTM
04-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Golston would be a nice pick up...if asher allen from Georgia is available in the 3rd or 4th round i would like to see the falcons pick him and let him develop into being a "quality" cornerback..

Spectic Tank
04-08-2009, 09:47 AM
The falcons are a lot like the Eagles, they need to get younger in several areas.

Really? Can you elaborate, because we started a few rookie's last year and let two veterans go in the offseason.

FlipKing
04-08-2009, 01:56 PM
we have very few players over 30. we are a very young team to be honest

JDM onlyy
04-09-2009, 12:31 AM
I think the Falcons is the youngest team in the league right now. But I would say, we should pick up Rodney Harrison. Am I the only one that notices he is on Free Agency? He can cover and he can hit hard as hell. Why not use him? And he isn't the slowest guy around neither. I know that is one great thing. Did we let Grady Jackson go? I didn't know that! We should've kept him...he was a beast!

FlipKing
04-09-2009, 12:33 AM
Grady Jackson is in Detroit now I think. If we wanted Harrison we would have kept Milloy. Roy williams would be better IMO.

JDM onlyy
04-09-2009, 02:10 AM
Grady Jackson is in Detroit now I think. If we wanted Harrison we would have kept Milloy. Roy williams would be better IMO.

Milloy is too old and is slow. Harrison isn't AS OLD, and he can still keep up with some of the guys. Roy Williams IMO would be a great outside linebacker for us. He really isn't that far from playing that position anyways. Can't cover that great, but can hit like a mofo! And he likes stopping the run....so might as well put him somewhere he will do that more often.

Spectic Tank
04-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Milloy is too old and is slow. Harrison isn't AS OLD, and he can still keep up with some of the guys.

:thinking:

Harrison is a year older than Milloy...LOL

FlipKing
04-09-2009, 10:09 AM
^^^ True story...

VIP Style
04-09-2009, 11:22 AM
i really dont think our defense is going to be as good next year, we have a very tough schedule this coming up season. I really think that we should have picked up a good tight end for ryan to dump off too to take pressure off of him and our receivers, because we dont have any good tight ends. teams are going to be paying close attention to white simply because they now know he is ryans favorite target.

FlipKing
04-09-2009, 11:31 AM
They are drafting TE in the first day, and I really think after the draft they will make a play for some of the FA players on Defense. That or pull off another foxworth like trade.

FlipKing
They are drafting TE in the first day, and I really think after the draft they will make a play for some of the FA players on Defense. That or pull off another foxworth like trade.

FlipKing

Spectic Tank
04-13-2009, 12:12 PM
There's rumors that the falcons are looking to trade their #2 for Tony Gonzalez. Stupid move IMO, but we'll see what happens.

FlipKing
04-13-2009, 05:26 PM
KC said they werent trading. Too old IMO. If you gonna trade then get a younger guy.

BanginJimmy
04-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Tony Gonzales is worth a 2nd round pick. His age is the only thing that prevents him from being worth a 1st rounder.

Falcons can pick up Travis Beckum out of Wisconsin in the 3rd or possibly 4th round and he has the ability to be a pass catching monster.

FlipKing
04-13-2009, 08:48 PM
What about Alex Smith from the Bucs? He is only 26 and fairly talented. They dont need him now that they have Winslow

BanginJimmy
04-13-2009, 09:35 PM
I would rather have Beckum than Alex Smith. There are also a couple very highly rated TE's coming out in the draft hat will go in the first couple rounds.

JTM
04-15-2009, 11:25 AM
bad trade for gonzalez...he's only got 2 years left...one injury away from retirement

BB6dohcvtec
04-15-2009, 02:11 PM
The Falcons are more than likely going to take Pettigrew from OK. State in the first rd.

FlipKing
04-15-2009, 04:01 PM
I doubt that. CB IMO

BB6dohcvtec
04-16-2009, 07:54 AM
nanh because after jenkins and davis get drafted there is not another CB worthy of a first round pick and those two guys will be long gone when the falcon number comes up.

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
04-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Falcons just picked up Tony Gonzalez for a 2010 2nd rd pick. I think thats definately a great pick up and a decent bargain. Falcons will still need a TE within the next couple of years because of Gonzalez's age but atleast now we can focus more on Def

BB6dohcvtec
04-23-2009, 02:08 PM
yep me theory was wrong, but i am def not complaining because tony has a good three years of productive football left in him. Go Falcons!

FlipKing
04-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Hmm, idk abt this one, we'll see.

BanginJimmy
04-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Tony has at least 2 more years of being all-pro and another 2 years after that of being a mentor to a young TE and still very effective as a situational player.

Ether way, this is a great trade for the Falcons.

gtikid
04-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Greeeeeeat trade! Now we got a threat in the center of the field instead of just White going deep and Turner in the back. Very good pickup :yes:

Brett
04-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Great trade and we just give up #2 trade spot in 2010, not this year :D

Brett
04-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Greeeeeeat trade! Now we got a threat in the center of the field instead of just White going deep and Turner in the back. Very good pickup :yes:

I saw white catch your battery!!

sogood
04-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Tony has at least 2 more years of being all-pro and another 2 years after that of being a mentor to a young TE and still very effective as a situational player.

Ether way, this is a great trade for the Falcons.

+1 to this. Solid trade for the birds.

VIP Style
04-23-2009, 07:39 PM
im not too convinced about tony, he is older and more prone to injury. a younger, more talented TE would have made more sense.(winslow or smith)

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
04-24-2009, 01:24 AM
im not too convinced about tony, he is older and more prone to injury. a younger, more talented TE would have made more sense.(winslow or smith)

whats not talented about 95 catches even while being double teamed alot all last year?

Its not always about the need for talent its leadership. If you don't build a strong team connection on and off the field you will never have the top notch team.

Look at the cowboys. they had all the talent in the world and still couldn't win because of the lack of leadership.

Tony is a great addition. He can help the younger players understand the game better as well as give good advice in the huddle.

JDM onlyy
04-24-2009, 05:55 AM

what is it with you and winslow? winslow is not that great. :thinking:

FlipKing
05-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Falcons signed Verron Hayes. FB or 2nd string RB maybe?

BanginJimmy
05-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Falcons signed Verron Hayes. FB or 2nd string RB maybe?

2nd String FB and last resort RB after Turner and Norwood.

VIP Style
05-04-2009, 02:35 PM
thomas brown is third string isnt he?
2nd String FB and last resort RB after Turner and Norwood.

FlipKing
05-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Nope, forgot his name but another guy is 3rd string. Thomas Brown is practice squad I believe.

Spectic Tank
05-04-2009, 02:50 PM
thomas brown is third string isnt he?

He was the IR RB last year...

BanginJimmy
05-04-2009, 03:25 PM
No need for a real 3rd string behind Norwood and Turner. I would like to see the Falcons grab up a pass catching RB. Norwood can do it, but its not really his strong suit.

atlxpat
05-04-2009, 09:27 PM
they also got jason snelling in the mix at RB