PDA

View Full Version : Sports football talk: winslow signs bigggest TE contract in NFL history

VIP Style
04-07-2009, 11:54 AM
kellen winslow, who now plays with the buccaneers, just signed a 6-year 36.1 million dollar contract. There are other incentives that could cause the contract to pay him well over 40 million. He is one of the better more athletic TE in the league in my opinion.

Sammich
04-07-2009, 11:57 AM
i hear his name all over teh place, but cant seem to picture this guy

HypnoToad
04-07-2009, 11:58 AM
i hear his name all over teh place, but cant seem to picture this guy

hes a douche and a fucking soldier.........lol

BanginJimmy
04-07-2009, 12:15 PM
having a TE is great, but the Bucs still dont have a QB. I dont think any of the top level QB's will drop to the Bucs. With that in mind, I think they try to made a trade for their pick, plus something for next year for a young QB that is sitting somewhere. My guess is that they go after Chad Henne in Miami or Brady Quinn in Cleveland.

FlipKing
04-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Theres a sports section for this. :-p

BanginJimmy
04-07-2009, 01:19 PM
If I was a mod then I would move it, but since I am not I will discuss it here. I am bored out of my mind as it is.

FlipKing
04-07-2009, 01:22 PM
That was more of a comment toward VIP just b-c I always argue sports with yall, I like to give yall shit.lol I worked hard to get that sports section dammit. Use it.

BanginJimmy
04-07-2009, 01:33 PM
well that sports section is dead so we might as well use this one.

FlipKing
04-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Nahh, once more people realize its there..itll help. right now only about 10 people use it. The more threads and posts in there, the more that will come in there.

BanginJimmy
04-07-2009, 02:01 PM
I also think it will perk up with football season gearing up and the baseball season starting.

HypnoToad
04-07-2009, 04:08 PM
having a TE is great, but the Bucs still dont have a QB. I dont think any of the top level QB's will drop to the Bucs. With that in mind, I think they try to made a trade for their pick, plus something for next year for a young QB that is sitting somewhere. My guess is that they go after Chad Henne in Miami or Brady Quinn in Cleveland.

they might even try to get vick,since they always owned him the field,lol

BanginJimmy
04-08-2009, 07:13 AM
they might even try to get vick,since they always owned him the field,lol

I doubt it. I really dont think the market for him is going to be as large as so many people think. I also doubt that Vick will be playing football this season. Next season will be his first shot at playing and that is IF Goddell removes his suspension.

VIP Style
04-08-2009, 10:47 AM
man i dont see why vick cant play this coming up season, the dudes been through enough. there are pro athletes who have done far worse, and they have their careers back, so why not vick. I wouldnt be surprised if nobody picks him up this season though.
I doubt it. I really dont think the market for him is going to be as large as so many people think. I also doubt that Vick will be playing football this season. Next season will be his first shot at playing and that is IF Goddell removes his suspension.

VIP Style
04-08-2009, 10:47 AM
lol fawk yo sports section!
That was more of a comment toward VIP just b-c I always argue sports with yall, I like to give yall shit.lol I worked hard to get that sports section dammit. Use it.

BanginJimmy
04-08-2009, 11:13 AM
man i dont see why vick cant play this coming up season, the dudes been through enough. there are pro athletes who have done far worse, and they have their careers back, so why not vick. I wouldnt be surprised if nobody picks him up this season though.

He wont be able to play this season because of timing. He will not be in football shape when he gets off of house arrest, I dont care how much time he spends running and throwing. There is just a difference between the 2. Next, Goddell has not treated those that lied to him well. Remember how harsh he was with Pacman Jones and with Chris Henry. Those were relatively minor offenses that combined dont measure up to what Vick did. I imagine that Vick will be suspended for this season and will be allowed to re-apply for the 2010 season. If he keeps his nose clean until then I imagine he will be allowed back.

HyPer50
04-08-2009, 04:29 PM
They had a perfectly capable player at TE in Alex Smith... There problem isn't at tight end, it's at QB and WR on the offense.

BanginJimmy
04-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Antonio Bryant is a monster at WR. The issues lie only at QB right now. If they can get a decent QB taking the snaps it may make other deficiencies known, but at this point, the only one I see is at the QB position.

americanctm
04-08-2009, 10:31 PM
I don't think Winslow has proved he is a top-notch tight end like Antonia Gates or Tony Gonzalez, and i definitely think the Bucs gave him entirely too much money. He has missed two entire seasons and has been quoted saying every time he plays he is in excruciating pain, which sounds like bitching coming from a so called "fucking soldier".

FlipKing
04-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Burn guys. It was moved to the sports section,lol

JDM onlyy
04-09-2009, 12:22 AM
I don't think Winslow has proved he is a top-notch tight end like Antonia Gates or Tony Gonzalez, and i definitely think the Bucs gave him entirely too much money. He has missed two entire seasons and has been quoted saying every time he plays he is in excruciating pain, which sounds like bitching coming from a so called "fucking soldier".

I believe in this as well. Kellen Winslow hasn't shown his worth, he was supposed to be the shit but hasn't lived up to it. Yeah, he's good, but not good enough to get that kind of money. The Bucs are getting whacky giving TE that much money when they need a decent QB. :2cents:

VIP Style
04-09-2009, 12:27 AM
apparently they see something in winslow, only time will tell.

JTM
04-09-2009, 09:45 PM
winslow's only 25!!! still got plenty of time to develop into a $40 million man!! i liked him since his days at Miami

VIP Style
04-10-2009, 07:30 PM
winslow is a hometown favorite in florida. kellens athletic ability and physique is crazy, he is probably the most well built TE in the NFL. it just makes sense to sign him to a great deal seeing that he will also put fans in the seats.

BanginJimmy
04-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Back onto the falcons for a minutes, I just saw that Dre Bly is still on the free agent market. The Falcons need to grab him up to help that secondary.

VIP Style
04-11-2009, 12:13 AM
Back onto the falcons for a minutes, I just saw that Dre Bly is still on the free agent market. The Falcons need to grab him up to help that secondary.
oh really? bly is pretty good.

BanginJimmy
04-11-2009, 12:31 PM
oh really? bly is pretty good.

Yes he is, they could also grab up Mike Brown to fill that safety position. He will draw the same money as Williams but is a better player.