PDA

View Full Version : any tips? where to find some?

blacknightteg
04-06-2009, 09:45 AM
alright as most of you know, unless you havent seen my thread. i recently got a canon xs slr. i had been wanting to get one for a while. almost got a nikon but went back to getting a canon at the end of the day.

anyways. what i am wandering is what are some good places to get tips on certain shots and what have you. im more then happy to get hints and tips from people on here. but i would also want some from 3rd party and what have you. thanks if you know any!

james
04-06-2009, 09:53 AM
fredmiranda.com is my favorite.

and what have you

speedminded
04-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Find pics you like and view it's EXIF data.

Dirty Octopus™
04-08-2009, 10:10 AM
or listen when we give suggestions. :yes:

REMEMBER! XBOX controllers are WHITE! :D

james
04-08-2009, 11:09 AM
or listen when we give suggestions. :yes:

REMEMBER! XBOX controllers are WHITE! :D

lol they are though. people around here only want positive feedback. its sad. all they want to hear is "yo dawg sik pics mang. i cant wait to get a dslr so i can be the shitz like yuo!"

Find pics you like and view it's EXIF data.
oh. i read the OP's post like he wanted opinions on the shots he was taking.

DeutscheBAG!
04-08-2009, 11:22 AM
lol they are though. people around here only want positive feedback. its sad. all they want to hear is "yo dawg sik pics mang. i cant wait to get a dslr so i can be the shitz like yuo!"

oh. i read the OP's post like he wanted opinions on the shots he was taking.

Troof

Just add a border and watermark your stuff with "another dude with a camera photography" then everyone and maybe even yourself will be calling yourself a professional then

speedminded
04-08-2009, 12:05 PM
oh. i read the OP's post like he wanted opinions on the shots he was taking.oh well you won't get that shit here lol. CC here only means comments like "nice pics" and you get neg reps if your truly critique a photo.

People can't improve while listening to and working with people will less experience than themselves. They need to go to and listen to the big dogs, get torn to pieces, pick themselves up and keep going just using it as motivation to improve.

Hondatwin23
04-08-2009, 03:32 PM
This is true, no sugar coating it

james
04-08-2009, 04:12 PM
i wish nemesis still posted here frequently. he told it like it was.

CHADbee
04-08-2009, 04:24 PM
i have quit giving CC to people here, it always turns into drama :lmao:

as far as tips go.....

http://digital-photography-school.com/

that site helped me alot when i was a super n00b instead of a normal n00b. also get on PHOTOGRAPHY forums and beg to have your photos ripped apart. tell people to be really harsh on you and hold nothing back.

Hondatwin23
04-10-2009, 12:00 PM
im starting off in the camera game and will purchase a nikon D60, so be ready to see my pics

speedminded
04-10-2009, 04:00 PM
im starting off in the camera game and will purchase a nikon D60, so be ready to see my pics :thinking:

james
04-10-2009, 07:08 PM
im starting off in the camera game and will purchase a nikon D60, so be ready to see my pics

wow. just wow.

edit HOLY FUCK LIGHTNING. HOLY SHIT.

Hondatwin23
04-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Wow like sham wow?

mister_ej2
04-13-2009, 07:46 AM
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/

great forum...mainly canon users...they have a subforum just for C&C and even if you're just posting people will point out what you could have done to make it even better!

blacknightteg
04-13-2009, 08:05 AM
thanks guys. and no CC is not bad. with me. i dont mind it at all. but at the same time. im not looking to be a crazy photographer, and as long as i am happy with the pics. shouldnt that be all that matters? i mean i just started too. tips and cc are definetly welcome though.

mister_ej2
04-13-2009, 08:14 AM
if all you're looking for is for you, YOURSELF, to be happy with the pics then yes that should be all that matters....

blacknightteg
04-13-2009, 08:18 AM
pretty much. i just wana take pictures to take pictures. not to make everyone think im the shit cause i can take pictures well. lol thanks for the tips though man. i dont ever comment on anyones pics on this site. if i do its about the car. trust me. even some of the pro photogs pics on here, the pics i see from them sometimes suck in my opinion. but what do i know, im just an newb

Jaimecbr900
04-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Opinions are like......well, we all know that saying. It's true.

Shoot pictures for yourself, push yourself, and listen to those who's pics you like. It's pretty simple. Don't make it any more difficult than it has to be. Go out and play with it, then sit down and learn from your pics. In this forum, 99% of the pics posted will get the par-for-the course "great pics" even if they're not at all. What do you learn from that, other than people lie? Nothing. Go check out some photography only forums and you'll see what some mack daddy shots look like.

Also, there are lots of books readily available. Pick some up and read about it. Even if you pick up some tricks, advice, or just regular knowledge it all helps.

Good luck and have fun. It's an expensive hobby, but fun sometimes.

:2cents: