PDA

View Full Version : White Van selling home theater Systems... Scam

Julio
04-04-2009, 12:00 PM
So a few month back someone post on here about a White van going around selling home theater systems.. They were saying it was a certain name brand ( high quality ) but it was actually cheap generic shit.... something along the lines of , changing the real bad parts from and replacing them with real cheap shit..

I think someone posted about this on here.. or I saw it on the news... Not sure...

Anyways, I got a picture of the Van and Tag.. they tried to hit me up yesterday.. and as soon as I told them, I knew about there little scam and what they were doing , they told me to forget about it.. lol..

I know I read or heard about it.. and I think it was maybe on here..

dabuilding
04-04-2009, 12:03 PM
havent heard about this but im glad u said somethin before more people get scammed

DirtyMechanic
04-04-2009, 12:04 PM
i believe it was a home invasion type of thing not a scam to get your home theater system.

AnthonyF
04-04-2009, 12:05 PM
You know the rules; Post the damn pic!

-Ant.

Julio
04-04-2009, 12:06 PM
I know I heard about it.. I did see some boxes in the VAN.. when I looked inside the old van..

damn... now im curious as hell. lol

quickdodgeŽ
04-04-2009, 12:08 PM
i believe it was a home invasion type of thing not a scam to get your home theater system.

No. These "salesmen" would tell you that they had extra systems that they had to get rid of. They were supposed to cost around $5k and they would sell it to you for about $1k. The systems were actually stolen from the warehouse where the guys worked. Had nothing to do with home invasion.

Julio, it has been going on for several years now and someone did post it up on here a few months ago. Later, QD.

i4_garage
04-04-2009, 02:29 PM
yes yes! this shit happened to me!!!!! they told me it was like 3k worth of home theater stereo shit. It was two white guys in a black avalanche.

The brand was called De'vichi or something like that. Well my cousin bought it for 150 hahahaha everything worked tho

speedminded
04-04-2009, 03:12 PM
When I worked in Buckhead I'd get hit up all the time at gas stations with the same story....they always say they just installed a new sound system in a new house and they have one system left over where the client/customer decided not to put it in his in-law suite or garage. You look in the van and the only thing in it would be a single set of speakers and receiver all boxed up.

The first time I was approached I had him pull the stuff out of the box and as soon as I saw it I knew it was no name shit from Taiwan. "$1,200 stereo for only $300" riggghttt, LOL!

keevo54
04-04-2009, 05:19 PM
When I worked in Buckhead I'd get hit up all the time at gas stations with the same story....they always say they just installed a new sound system in a new house and they have one system left over where the client/customer decided not to put it in his in-law suite or garage. You look in the van and the only thing in it would be a single set of speakers and receiver all boxed up.

The first time I was approached I had him pull the stuff out of the box and as soon as I saw it I knew it was no name shit from Taiwan. "$1,200 stereo for only $300" riggghttt, LOL!

haha I got the samje shit at home depot... I was like awesome and they wanted 400... I laughed and was like I got 20 for the fake shit the economy sucks and they boogeyed

HEATON
04-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Wouldn't the sight of a van selling shit out of the back, light a bulb somewhere not to buy from them?

IndianStig
04-05-2009, 12:00 AM
My dad and I fell victim to this scam actually. They wanted a grand but we got it for only 300, wasn't too bad of a deal. It takes care of our home theatre needs pretty well so i guess we didn't get scammed to bad. The sub hits hard too and speakers are at ear level when sitting down. Not a bad deal for 300..

Atlblkz06
04-05-2009, 01:06 AM
Definitive Technology Supercube I <-- freakin awesome sub for SMALL size.
10" enclosed sub with 2 radiators putting out 1500W.

Bus Driver J
04-05-2009, 01:13 AM
I was approached by some guys doing this a couple years back by Northpoint mall. The story was the guy won it in a raffle at work and didnt need it. I dont remember how much they were asking for.
I hate people who go around tryin to sell shit. Especially on Memorial, constant "hustlers" with bootleg shit.

JITB
04-05-2009, 01:16 AM
my friend got hit by one of them...lol..

antiv6
04-05-2009, 01:26 AM
lol ive had this happen twice, once i was with my friend at QT on old peachtree and the other time i was at Wachovia on old peachtree in gwinnett. Different people both times. There is a website about their scam, they are fake systems relabeled as high quality brands. They work but their not what they say they are. But it obvious that noones gonna sell you a 3k system for like 200 bucks lol

HEATON
04-05-2009, 01:37 AM
You get what you paid for?

That's a new concept..

HEATON
04-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Was it this guy :???:

http://www.cullmanlive.com/mattfoley/mfvan.jpg