PDA

View Full Version : Who here has enough of a life to NOT go see another wretched movie?

quickdodge®
04-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Go at it, folks. Later, QD.

B00STedSvT
04-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Didnt see it..Never watched tokyo drift...I live in the car scene..I dont need to watch a fake ass movie about it...I watched the first one..But was a part of probly the 20% of honda owners that Didnt go straight to Autozone or Nopi and buy a Super Tight rice mod for their car afterwards

quickdodge®
04-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Didnt see it..Never watched tokyo drift...I live in the car scene..I dont need to watch a fake ass movie about it...I watched the first one..But was a part of probly the 20% of honda owners that Didnt go straight to Autozone or Nopi and buy a Super Tight rice mod for their car afterwards

Same here. I think I saw the first one, for the first time, around the time the third one came out. Saw some "swamp scene" or something from the second one (?) and have never seen a cel from the last ones. Later, QD.

mocha latte cupcake
04-04-2009, 10:07 AM
i enjoyed'm all :goodjob:

oneSLOWex
04-04-2009, 10:10 AM
i enjoyed'm all :goodjob:
same here....they are movies....not supposed to be real

Evil Goat
04-04-2009, 10:17 AM
the first two were okay, i still havent watched tokyo drift all the way through, and i plan on at the least renting the newest one when it comes out

as movies i think theyre pretty good, as a representation of the car scene we all know its a joke, but atleast its getting better, i mean the opening scene of the first one he changed gears like 6 times, called a n/a supra motor a 2jz, acted like maximas and jettas were fast, and made people think the bigger and more nitrous tanks you have the faster your car will go :lmfao:

mocha latte cupcake
Quick Drizzles just mad about the 1st one still where they attacked truckers with hondas :lmfao:

~runs away~

quickdodge®
...not supposed to be real

I'm not sure I understand the comment. This will be your assignment for today...look at all my posts and find AND quote where I ever said the movie was real or even based on a real story. I will give you all 16,000 of my reps for a quote NOT DOCTORED UP from me where I did.

And if anyone thought the movie was real or based on, they need their head examined. Later, QD.

stillaneon
04-04-2009, 10:18 AM
I watched it. Had nothing better to do, plus preggo kept bitching that I dont ever go anywhere with her.

so we went.

HyPer50
04-04-2009, 10:19 AM
1st one I liked, 2nd one sucked awfully.. 3rd one I actually liked despite the fact that I have never liked "drifting".. Haven't seen the 4th one yet but I'm sure I'll see it.

redrumracer
04-04-2009, 10:32 AM
I didn't see that one option that said I'm a young whipper snapper and not an old scrooge so I was able to go to the movie and appreciate it for what it is which is a form of entertainment as opposed to what was formerly known as a ricer bible.

:tongue:

quickdodge®
04-04-2009, 10:35 AM
I didn't see that one option that said I'm a young whipper snapper and not an old scrooge so I was able to go to the movie and appreciate it for what it is which is a form of entertainment as opposed to what was formerly known as a ricer bible.

My choices were relative to the question from my vantage point. It is simply my opinion. Later, QD.

B00STedSvT
04-04-2009, 10:35 AM
the first two were okay, i still havent watched tokyo drift all the way through, and i plan on at the least renting the newest one when it comes out

as movies i think theyre pretty good, as a representation of the car scene we all know its a joke, but atleast its getting better, i mean the opening scene of the first one he changed gears like 6 times, called a n/a supra motor a 2jz, acted like maximas and jettas were fast, and made people think the bigger and more nitrous tanks you have the faster your car will go :lmfao:You have Benn +Repped sir LoL

B00STedSvT
04-04-2009, 10:36 AM

:tongue:This made me LoL too +Repped

oneSLOWex
04-04-2009, 10:38 AM

hahahhaha

++reps

Bruce Leroy
04-04-2009, 10:39 AM
I saw it yesterday. Honestly, the movie ok imo, but i hardly watch movies anyways.

The cars that were not in first race were really nice tho. I liked seeing the year one bandit and the f-bomb in "action". Those mexicans were riding clean too.

oneSLOWex
04-04-2009, 11:36 AM
These movies are supposed to be based on a real story......right?

LOL! JK!

I was talking about how people are picking apart the movies like they are real life....and not just entertainment. Should have been more clear....my bad :goodjob:

oneSLOWex
04-04-2009, 11:38 AM
I saw it yesterday. Honestly, the movie ok imo, but i hardly watch movies anyways.

The cars that were not in first race were really nice tho. I liked seeing the year one bandit and the f-bomb in "action". Those mexicans were riding clean too.

Yeah whats up with the f-bomb? Was it made just for the movie or something?

ironchef
04-04-2009, 11:40 AM
What does one have to do with the other? If you enjoy the series, then go see it. Just cause someone liked it, doesn't necessarily mean they don't have a life.

AirMax95
04-04-2009, 11:40 AM
I have learned to not expect anything in movies these days. I just watch and hope for entertainment, lol.

quickdodge®
04-04-2009, 11:42 AM
LOL! JK!

I was talking about how people are picking apart the movies like they are real life....and not just entertainment. Should have been more clear....my bad :goodjob:

I'm just bullshittin' ya, lolol.

Just cause someone liked it, doesn't necessarily mean they don't have a life.

I wonder if I should make a thread about people taking threads in the WL too seriously and not recognizing them for the puns they are.

I'll take a wild guess and say you took this offensively because you saw it? Later, QD.

StockEG
04-04-2009, 11:45 AM
It wasn't bad, Im not gonna say it was good.

oneSLOWex
04-04-2009, 11:45 AM

I wonder if I should make a thread about people taking threads in the WL too seriously and not recognizing them for the puns they are.

I'll take a wild guess and say you took this offensively because you saw it? Later, QD.

LOL! :lmfao: DO IT!

SUBY_RUE
04-04-2009, 11:49 AM
I will wait till it comes out on dvd, I have no desire sit in a theatre with a bunch of noobs looking for ideas on there next project on there already pos...

ironchef
04-04-2009, 12:13 PM

I'll take a wild guess and say you took this offensively because you saw it? Later, QD.I never know with you when youre serious or joking. Yes I did see it, but I didn't take it offensively. Da internetz ain't serious bidness for me!

Oddly enough by the way, when the movie was over, the entire theater clapped. I haven't seen that in a while.

quickdodge®
04-04-2009, 12:16 PM
I never know with you when youre serious or joking.

I am smart enough to know that if you want to be taken seriously, you do NOT post in the WL.

Yes I did see it, but I didn't take it offensively. Da internetz ain't serious bidness for me!

Your response says otherwise, lolol.

Oddly enough by the way, when the movie was over, the entire theater clapped. I haven't seen that in a while.

There's a reason for that, lolol. Later, QD.

BobbyFresco
04-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm not going to lie...I watched it purely for the mindless entertainment factor that comes along with watchies movies such as this.

Frög
04-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Weak poll..

I mean, I have a life where I don't need that crap, but I went to see it.. Why not? The only part that pisses me off is the fact that they got my $11.. I wasn't expecting a masterpiece, but I also wasn't expecting that bad of a movie..

quickdodge®
04-04-2009, 12:22 PM
It's as if the Internet is a life-blood. Later, QD.

Julio
04-04-2009, 12:26 PM
It was a good movie.. I liked it better then the other 3.

to my surprised, I saw older people watching the movie.. it was weird.. And the whole clapping thing was also weird.. especially when the dark skin guy got killed at the end... lol.. But the movie did what it was suppose to do, entertain and get people to get really involved with the movie.

For us, who have been in the car "scene" per say, understand all the fake shit.. But to all the other people who dont know shit about car modding etc, they careless, they just went for entertaining purpose.

when the #'s come out on monday and F&F was the number one movie of the weekend and they get all there money back.. thats all they care about..
Which, I think they will make a killing this weekend.

BobbyFresco
04-04-2009, 12:29 PM
The funniest thing, from a car guy's standpoint, was listening to ppl after the movie talk about things that they had no knowledge of....and watching a movie in a theater full of high school kids is FTL...

Julio
04-04-2009, 12:32 PM
I went to the 9:30 showing @ D.Mills and it was a mixed crowd. All race,sex and ages.

speedminded
04-04-2009, 12:35 PM

as movies i think theyre pretty good, as a representation of the car scene we all know its a joke, but atleast its getting better, i mean the opening scene of the first one he changed gears like 6 times, called a n/a supra motor a 2jz, acted like maximas and jettas were fast, and made people think the bigger and more nitrous tanks you have the faster your car will go :lmfao:Umm, both [twin]turbo and n/a supra engines are 2jz's. Just like both TT and N/A Z32's are VG30's.

The biggest bullshit of the first one was the nitrous exploding, nitrous oxide is NON-FLAMMABLE!!

nextelbuddy
04-04-2009, 12:43 PM
i didnt get to go until the midnight show at discover mills since i was bored and didnt feel like being a bar rat.

i really enjoyed this movie. it kept my glued to my seat but to be honest this movie had a much more serious tone to it, much more mature than the previous 3 and they did not focus on ricey cars too much like they did in the 1st 3. there were a lot of older folks in there which i like since im 28 i didnt feel weird watching it.

the acting was of course much better than the 1st one since all of thw actors have had time to grow/develop into their charachters.

I would defiantely buy this on blu ray when it comes out

BobbyFresco
04-04-2009, 12:43 PM
I went to the 9:30 showing @ D.Mills and it was a mixed crowd. All race,sex and ages.

I went to a theater here in SC, to the midnight showing, Thursday night...

Bruce Leroy
04-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Yeah whats up with the f-bomb? Was it made just for the movie or something?

its a hot rod magazine project car..

has something like 1500 hp... I don't think the real one was in the movie tho....

Buttons
04-05-2009, 12:45 AM

as movies i think theyre pretty good, as a representation of the car scene we all know its a joke, but atleast its getting better, i mean the opening scene of the first one he changed gears like 6 times, called a n/a supra motor a 2jz, acted like maximas and jettas were fast, and made people think the bigger and more nitrous tanks you have the faster your car will go :lmfao:

LOL WUT?

am i missing something?

Buttons
04-05-2009, 12:48 AM
Umm, both [twin]turbo and n/a supra engines are 2jz's. Just like both TT and N/A Z32's are VG30's.

The biggest bullshit of the first one was the nitrous exploding, nitrous oxide is NON-FLAMMABLE!!

oh okay... thank you someone else caught that.

redrumracer
04-05-2009, 12:55 AM
oh okay... thank you someone else caught that.
truth right there.

Got Milk?
04-05-2009, 11:17 AM
I dont get your thread:wtf?

"I have a life to where I don't need that crap..."

But since everyone is talking about F&F...i guess ill pitch in.

Are you trying to say, people who watch F&F or any other type of other movie dont have a life? Please enlighten me. Movies are there to entertain you, not decide to the point where you have a life or not.

F&F was really entertaining. I went and watch the movie at 11:50 last night, and it was sold out.

Still, im confused on what this thread is about.

Echonova
04-05-2009, 01:15 PM
I have watched and own all three. I wish they had never made F&F2. I can shit a better storyline. Tokyo drift wasn't bad, compared to F&F2 it was fantastic. #4 can wait until it's a rental. But I will probably buy just to have the whole series.

The original is still my favorite. Because it reminds me of a point and time in the "scene"... We were all ricers and didn't give a damn. It was about making friends and working on cars.

tron
04-05-2009, 01:49 PM
f&f 4 was like midnight club....i watch it and loved it, why? cause it was entertaining
and im pretty sure movies are for ENTERTAINMENT!

just like women!.....lol jk....well not so much!

Echonova
04-05-2009, 02:54 PM
im pretty sure movies are for ENTERTAINMENT!

just like women!.....lol jk....well not so much!Women were made to serve men...

~runs away~

man
04-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Quick question for those who say these movies are not a real representation of the car scene. Who in their right mind would pay ten bucks to watch a movie about a bunch of kids standing around in a parking lot with their hoods popped?

Arm&hammer
04-05-2009, 03:41 PM
watching a movie in a theater full of high school kids is FTL...

That's why I'm going to see it later on when a lot of people aren't going to be there.
I have heard from a lot of people that saw it and most say it was a good movie, so I'm going to check it out sometime this week.

Echonova
04-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Quick question for those who say these movies are not a real representation of the car scene. Who in their right mind would pay ten bucks to watch a movie about a bunch of kids standing around in a parking lot with their hoods popped?Amen.

Spilner was going to make Hector learn the hard way what was under his hood

quickdodge®
04-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Still, im confused on what this thread is about.

Lolol @ you going straight to the reply button instead of reading the other entries I made. Later, QD.

hondachik
04-05-2009, 05:25 PM
I've seen them all. Tokyo drift may be my favorite just because it was a little different than the first two. I will go see this new one when it goes to the $1.50 theatre before they come out as video rentals. Its not worth me paying $9+ for. I save my monies for the Saw movies.

green91
04-05-2009, 05:26 PM
I dont dislike these movies for how terrible or cheesy they are.. i dislike these movies for what they've done to the "scene." They made gaudy body kits and neons try to seem cool.

VooDooXII
04-05-2009, 07:21 PM
I fell asleep during 2 Fast 2 Furious. I watched Tokyo Drift about a month ago from an movie-streaming website...went in with no expectations and came away mildly entertained. I'm just not as into this movie as most people seem to be. Gone in 60 Seconds...now that's a good car movie. In my opinion, the FnF movies make car enthusiasts look like utter tools.

Got Milk?
04-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Lolol @ you going straight to the reply button instead of reading the other entries I made. Later, QD.

lol, no wonder im so confused about this one thread. :taun:

ill check out your other entries and come back with a new reply.

quickdodge®
04-05-2009, 08:34 PM
ill check out your other entries and come back with a new reply.

Make sure you read the one where I stated that this was a joke thread. Later, QD.

§treet_§peed
04-06-2009, 01:49 AM
Movies are for entertainment. I do agree to an extent it can send the wrong message to some people. o yeah i got a accord with a muffler, im a bad ass street racer. but all in all it was a good movie. the best so far, i didn't like tokyo dreeft to much. some of the scenes in it were WAY more unrealistic than this one. i mean come the fuck on, the ending race in tokyo dreeft was way more CGI than this movie.

green91
04-06-2009, 07:21 AM
Your civic fit right into the movie. Wtf are you talking about.

RL...
04-06-2009, 08:19 AM

There are 10 sec maxima's....that's pretty fast...no?

Jetta's can be just as fast as well....sounds like your butthurt cuz a goat wasnt a main car.

green91
04-06-2009, 09:26 AM
BTW a n/a Supra motor is still a 2jz on the mk4.

ShooterMcGavin
04-06-2009, 10:10 AM
if i had a life i wouldn't be on ia, fml :lmao: