PDA

View Full Version : rb20 idle problem???

rbsilvia
04-04-2009, 12:11 AM
hey guys, i have a rb20det swap in my 240sx and i just started noticing that when i stop and let it idle for 5 or so min. it starts sputtering and wanting to die?? i give it gas and rev it to 2k rpms and u can hear it sputtering in the exhaust. when i start moving i feels like somethings holding it back:???: , then it lets go and runs fine???I havent had it tuned and its pretty much stock. so you guys have any one have and solutions???:thinking:

whatever210
04-05-2009, 06:02 PM
holy crap.....need way more info then what your giving in order to properly help you, like what turbo, maf, ecu, any boost leaks, vac leaks? torn or rings on injectors, what injectors are you running. pretty much stock doesnt help much. when people swap these days they use mixed match crap.

rbsilvia
04-05-2009, 07:07 PM
well, it has the SAFC, greddy boost controller, stock maf and stock injectors and stock fuel pump, stock turbo, Stock everything! custom intercooler piping. Thats bout it. i just figure i need a tune? Not sure if any thing is torn on the injectors tho....it was running fine when i first got it. i don't really give it hell becouse its my only car. o-yea, it takes a few trys to crank the car when its been sitting over night and when i turn it off it keeps running and finally dies...I don't have a turbo timer! what u think??

whatever210
04-06-2009, 06:27 PM
well, it has the SAFC, greddy boost controller, stock maf, stock fuel pump and stock injectors and , stock turbo, Stock everything! custom intercooler piping. Thats bout it. i just figure i need a tune? Not sure if any thing is torn on the injectors tho....it was running fine when i first got it. i don't really give it hell becouse its my only car. o-yea, it takes a few trys to crank the car when its been sitting over night and when i turn it off it keeps running and finally dies...I don't have a turbo timer! what u think??

theres half your problem right there. cant run ka fuel pump or maf on any swap for a 240....well you can if you want it to run like crap. turbo is bringing in more flow than the stock ka. fuel wise i wouldnt be suprised if your running lean as hell. i would get a 300zx maf and a walbro 255l fuel pump then tune and see where that puts you. as for the turbo timer...its not necessary to have one of them. just stay in your car for about 15-30sec depending on how hard you drove it and let the turbo cool down and oil reserculate.

rbsilvia
04-07-2009, 08:54 PM
well, i have bought a new walbro fuel pump but havn't installed it yet, the man said it had one but you can't hear it? But the car don't run lean..... it might have one. hell i have so much shit bought for this car its not funny, just don't have the time to put it on. lol! Well thanks for the info man, ill get some stuff put on and will see how she runs then. thanks

sean8564
06-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Any type of BOV A lot of the RB20's I have seen had a problem with the BOV and the MAF which could be fixed with a fuel controller But a KA fuel Pump is the first thing that needs to come out of the car when the swap is done.