PDA

View Full Version : President Obama's Aunt

NAMNORI
04-03-2009, 03:09 PM
ok here's a video from Glenn Beck talking about how prez Obama's aunt is here illigally and still is getting more chances to fight deportation.

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=4158842&referralPlaylistId=playlist

BanginJimmy
04-03-2009, 04:15 PM
and your point is?

NAMNORI
04-03-2009, 04:23 PM
don't care do you. the only reason she's still here is he's the fucking president, doesn't that bother you??

Big Baller
04-03-2009, 04:41 PM
No it doesn't bother me in the least, why shouldn't she stay....we don't even bother to try and deport the Mexicans that are here illegally.

NAMNORI
04-03-2009, 04:43 PM
that's the point too many don't care.everyone is just complacent with everything. no more fight is left in the american people.

Big Baller
04-03-2009, 04:50 PM
that's the point too many don't care.everyone is just complacent with everything. no more fight is left in the american people.

No there is plenty of fight, sometimes you just have to choose to fight the right fight.

There are a lot of people like yourself that are worried about the wrong things. Why don't you focus your efforts on getting good people into political office, with good people in office problems like this start to take care of themselves. There are lots of fights worth fighting however for the most part illegal aliens aren't one of those problems.

preferredduck
04-03-2009, 05:20 PM
No there is plenty of fight, sometimes you just have to choose to fight the right fight.

There are a lot of people like yourself that are worried about the wrong things. Why don't you focus your efforts on getting good people into political office, with good people in office problems like this start to take care of themselves. There are lots of fights worth fighting however for the most part illegal aliens aren't one of those problems.

thats the problem is no matter what we do there is no such thing as a good elected official until the whole power structure is changed. we the people have the right to overthrow our gov't if we see fit, but most folks can't miss work or the rerun of the office to do anything about it and say let someone else take care of it.

BanginJimmy
04-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Illegals are a problem, but its a useless fight until someone is done to make it unprofitable for business to hire them, and it is possible to keep them out. I am all for executing them as spies, but most people wouldnt agree with me. Mexico doesnt even want these people, why should we take them?

Dont give me that they only take jobs Americans dont want line either. It simply isnt true. You can find PLENTY of people that would take a construction job if they were available.

The lady isnt here becaus she is the presidents sister, she is here because of our embarassingly lax immigration policy.

Big Baller
04-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Dont give me that they only take jobs Americans dont want line either. It simply isnt true. You can find PLENTY of people that would take a construction job if they were available.

As the owner of a construction company I can tell you that is 100% not true. When there are houses being built there aren't enough Americans to fill the positions and the ones that are willing to work and work hard aren't willing to do it for a reasonable amount of money.

The difference between an American Crew framing a house and a Mexican Crew (which part of are legal and part not) is over $2000 dollars. Thats a lot of money. Not only that but it generally takes an American Crew 3-4 days to frame a house and the Mexican crew can do it in a day and a half.

Give me your poor.....etc.....

NAMNORI
04-03-2009, 11:38 PM
So you hire illegal immigrants huh? do you know the kind of fines you could endure for your actions? Is it really that worth it? I'm not trying to be an asshole but think about it, you hire illegals to save you time and therefore a little money but if you company was known for it's practices you could face multipul fines and who knows if you'd stay in business. Sorry that's too much risk for my liking!

HeLLo iM iZzY
04-04-2009, 02:14 AM
Dont give me that they only take jobs Americans dont want line either. It simply isnt true. You can find PLENTY of people that would take a construction job if they were available.I'll give you that line because it is true. To them making that $8-$9 jobs is worth because back home THAT'S money for them. Here, Americans are too picky about jobs. Not enough hours, not enough pay, not enough vacation. A job is a job. If you don't like it, move along, I'm sure there is someone out there that needs even 10 hours of pay, any pay, and don't even need vacation. Of course everyone is going to have opinions but I can tell you that's not my opinion, that's fact. Because I have witnessed this more then several times.

And I don't think that dude said he hired illegals. He just said who worked better.

BanginJimmy
04-04-2009, 10:30 AM
We all know illegals work cheaper. That in turn drives down median wages across the board. This cost saves line is BS too. If you correctly bid a job you will make the same profit no matter who you hire. I know of at least 2 companies that have framers working for less than minimum wage and working under the table. If you try to turn them in, you are asked for proof before anyone will investigate. Our laws on illegals are FAR too lax and it will only hurt us in the long run. The only people it doesnt hurt are the people like Big Baller, who can charge the same and pay less than companies that are using Americans.

Big Baller
04-04-2009, 10:41 AM
So you hire illegal immigrants huh? do you know the kind of fines you could endure for your actions? Is it really that worth it? I'm not trying to be an asshole but think about it, you hire illegals to save you time and therefore a little money but if you company was known for it's practices you could face multipul fines and who knows if you'd stay in business. Sorry that's too much risk for my liking!

You are truly uninformed about how this country really works and thats kind of sad.

To answer your questions,

No we don't hire illegals we subcontract all of our work to other companies, those companies are legit businesses with a federal id number.

Do I know about the fines that could be imposed for hiring illegals...I do...they never fine anyone.

I don't hire illegals and neither does anyone else...the illegals all work for a guy with a legal corporation.

You think it saves a little time and money huh....on a sub 200,000 dollar house if I tried to hire all "american" crews it would cost me easily another 20,000 dollars. You know where that puts my house prices...higher than everyone else around me.

Thanks for your advise on the home building business but since we built an average of 50 homes a year for the past 5 years...(excluding last year)
I think I've got it figured out ok.

My Great Granparents (Italian) came over here on a boat, they were poor and hungry and willing to work for virtually nothing just to live in these United States of America, because they would have a better life here. I friends that sneak over from south of the border are no different, they are just trying to make a better life for themselves.

People like you that truly have no understanding of the struggle these people face truly make me sad.

Big Baller
04-04-2009, 10:44 AM
In case you have never been to the Statue of Liberty

The New Colossus
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
—Emma Lazarus, 1883

Big Baller
04-04-2009, 10:50 AM
We all know illegals work cheaper. That in turn drives down median wages across the board. This cost saves line is BS too. If you correctly bid a job you will make the same profit no matter who you hire. I know of at least 2 companies that have framers working for less than minimum wage and working under the table. If you try to turn them in, you are asked for proof before anyone will investigate. Our laws on illegals are FAR too lax and it will only hurt us in the long run. The only people it doesnt hurt are the people like Big Baller, who can charge the same and pay less than companies that are using Americans.

No ONE and I mean NO ONE in the construction business has the time money or resources to check the background of every employee of every company that they do business with. I have never been to a jobsite in ga where they were using 100% American crews.

LOL...you might get someone on here to believe that you know framers working for less than minimum wage but its not me. The framing crews that work for us make great money and its nowhere near minimum wage, we have crews where every guy on the crew is bringing home over 50k dollars a year.

BanginJimmy
04-04-2009, 05:00 PM
No ONE and I mean NO ONE in the construction business has the time money or resources to check the background of every employee of every company that they do business with. I have never been to a jobsite in ga where they were using 100% American crews.

But if every company checked the backgroud of those that work for them we wouldnt have this problem. Do you use the e-verify system? If not, why not? Its free to use.

Maybe I should rephrose it and not say Ameican crew, but I do mean legal.

LOL...you might get someone on here to believe that you know framers working for less than minimum wage but its not me. The framing crews that work for us make great money and its nowhere near minimum wage, we have crews where every guy on the crew is bringing home over 50k dollars a year.

I never said it was you that was doing it, but I do know some that do. My father in law runs an insurance business and they deal with these companies all the time.