PDA

View Full Version : obd2b tach signal wire

primespark22
04-02-2009, 10:16 PM
ok so ima install a new wiring harness on the car and ima use a 2000 gsr harness on my ej1 with b18c swap.the harness is plug and play even tho they are different obd's.the problem is since the harness is obd2b i have to manually add the tach signal wire,anybody know how to do this or a write up of this

PROŽ
04-02-2009, 10:30 PM
ok so ima install a new wiring harness on the car and ima use a 2000 gsr harness on my ej1 with b18c swap.the harness is plug and play even tho they are different obd's.the problem is since the harness is obd2b i have to manually add the tach signal wire,anybody know how to do this or a write up of this

http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/b-series-tech/337437-doing-obd2-gsr-swap-eg-what-wire-harness-do-i-use.htmlhttp://www.b20vtec.com/forums/b-series-tech/337437-doing-obd2-gsr-swap-eg-what-wire-harness-do-i-use.html

9th post down.
"you will have to run a wire for you tach guage to work, from the blue wire on the dizzy, to the blue wire on your driver side body harness clips..."

primespark22
04-02-2009, 10:39 PM
thanks bro this the second time you help,and can you find a better link or fix this one cause it doesnt work

primespark22
04-02-2009, 10:42 PM
ok never mind fixed it but what body harness is it anyone no

PROŽ
04-02-2009, 10:46 PM
ok never mind fixed it but what body harness is it anyone no

gsr, i believe.

primespark22
04-02-2009, 10:58 PM
ok ok did some searching and i have to run a line (wire)from the blue wire of the ignitor to the blu wire in the plug in the shock tower but instead of figuring out which blue wire you can pull the cluster out and the plug farthest to the left will have that blue wire and there you got it

PROŽ
04-02-2009, 11:03 PM
ok ok did some searching and i have to run a line (wire)from the blue wire of the ignitor to the blu wire in the plug in the shock tower but instead of figuring out which blue wire you can pull the cluster out and the plug farthest to the left will have that blue wire and there you got it

that looks like what i said re-worded, lol. anyways, glad you found your answer. hope you get it working:goodjob:

primespark22
04-02-2009, 11:06 PM
lol i know but what i didnt know was which blue wire cause there are like three i think its post#3 but yeah thank alot,and we'll see tomorrow when i start