PDA

View Full Version : Places ANY REGGAE CLUBS?!

Turbo Terrance
04-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Ive been to hip hop clubs, spanish clubs, and 1 techno club but where are some reggae clubs??? Let ur boy know i might hit some up soon....:goodjob:

Hondatwin23
04-02-2009, 10:15 PM
I heard there are like 3 off of memorial drive. I forgot the names though

ej6kidd
04-02-2009, 10:28 PM
hit up club 426 str-8 reggae

cjhutch
04-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Memorial drive is where you want to be. Intrigue is a nice spot and a guy I know DJ's. there sometimes.

SLOWLYbtngU
04-08-2009, 04:15 PM
What they said. 426 nad Intrigue off of memorial Dr. Fri @ 426 is great! Thurs not so much. I heard Intrigue was good as well as Black Lion downtown

PSINXS
04-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Footprints off wesley chapel

lexx
04-09-2009, 11:11 AM
426 and intrigue all day

MistaCee
04-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Club Expose. Also off Memorial Drive. Just make sure you dont go before 2. I usually hit up Intrigued then go to Exposed.

Turbo Terrance
04-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Club Expose. Also off Memorial Drive. Just make sure you dont go before 2. I usually hit up Intrigued then go to Exposed.

y not before 2?!?!:thinking:

SLOWLYbtngU
04-16-2009, 04:45 PM
y not before 2?!?!:thinking:
Right!? What happens? I dont understand... :???:

chameleon30038
04-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Club Expose -- is hot as hell. Sardines in a can.
Club Intrigue -- Under New Management and Bass is always ridiculous
Club 426 -- Alway the jump off
Aaliyah's -- Party this Friday Night !!...Newly Renovated and New Management
Melange -- Every First Friday

above are the general reggae scene but events pop off downtown @ different venues all the time.

The big party this weekend is Saturday @ Trois ... the place is hella nice.... have limited tickets for sale ahead of time. lmk

check out Staminapresents.com

If that doesn't help you nothing will.

chameleon30038
04-16-2009, 08:34 PM
y not before 2?!?!

Right!? What happens? I dont understand... :???:

Nothing happens....party just doesn't really pickup until then because you have all the people that leave parties downtown (which shuts down @ 2-3am) and head to Memorial Drive since they don't close till 5-6am. :cheers:

809KiNg
04-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Thursday at belushi's but not every week

MistaCee
04-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Nothing happens....party just doesn't really pickup until then because you have all the people that leave parties downtown (which shuts down @ 2-3am) and head to Memorial Drive since they don't close till 5-6am. :cheers:

Sometime 7-8 if the event is hot.

trini_gsr
04-24-2009, 03:05 AM
folks hit the usual spots right on the head. can't go wrong with memorial drive:

1) club 426 thurs-sat for reggae, fri and sat are the better nights.

2) club intrigue - sat night is the best night to go. although it's always reggae, the events vary. sometimes you might have an artist, an out of town dj/sound, etc. so the price varies too.

3) club xpose - usually gets a late crowd like someone else mentioned.

now downtown you have:

1) black lion - on auburn ave up the street from peacock. fridays and saturdays. pretty decent crowd.

2) django - on peachtree street across from the hospital and next to verve. they play a mix of reggae and hip-hop in the basement. bout 50/50. every friday night

3) aliyah's - new spot they just reopened on piedmont in the lindbergh area. fri and sat nights. both nights are doing ok, i just played there last sat and it was pretty nice. kinda on the upscale side.

4) seasons - off lavista rd across from the target - 1st fridays are usually good.

that's pretty much all of them i think? memorial weekend there's LOTS of great reggae parties so look out for that. I DJ at djangos every Friday except the last one and DJ in most of the other clubs I listed at least once a month. PM me if you ever feel like passing through.

Tasuki_Civic
05-08-2009, 12:32 PM
you guys for got about Vibes and Barn yard. 2 trini spots

Tasuki_Civic
05-08-2009, 12:38 PM
and the best parties to go to on reggae nights is ALL BY WORD OF MOUf cause going to a reggae club on the regular night like hip hop clubs dont cut it. you might go on a boring night. everyone knows at a reggae club parties dont start til late. its just like that. yea now a days its cause pple will go to a hip hop club and the reggae club stays open late but on a norm its just they dont get jumpin til late.

hint: keep a friend who is Caribbean lol who likes to club and you will know what club to go to and when. In addition the house parties are just as fun as the club. sometimes betta

MistaCee
05-08-2009, 01:15 PM
and the best parties to go to on reggae nights is ALL BY WORD OF MOUf cause going to a reggae club on the regular night like hip hop clubs dont cut it. you might go on a boring night. everyone knows at a reggae club parties dont start til late. its just like that. yea now a days its cause pple will go to a hip hop club and the reggae club stays open late but on a norm its just they dont get jumpin til late.

hint: keep a friend who is Caribbean lol who likes to club and you will know what club to go to and when. In addition the house parties are just as fun as the club. sometimes betta

Agreed.

chameleon30038
05-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Barn yard. trini spot

Did you mean ... De Panyard?

Turbo Terrance
05-27-2009, 01:34 PM
this weekend ill be hittin up memorial then....

trini_gsr
05-27-2009, 03:00 PM

man...last weekend was the weekend to go out, it was carnival weekend so all of the events were off the chain. intrigue had like 1500 ppl on sat, 426 had a good crowd from thurs-sun, the atrium had 2500 ppl last fri.

not even sure what's going on this weekend but the weekend after carnival tends to be quiet bc ppl are broke lol...i'd say wait another week and then check the spots out.

chameleon30038
05-27-2009, 08:28 PM

Wrong time ... all the action was last weekend. Everybody is resting now.

Listen to di trini....nailed it on the head :cheers:

BLK JDM
05-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Intrique is definitely blowing up. Supa Mark is the new owner and he's getting some serious acts and sounds from all over. The new sound system in the club HITS HARD!! 426 is also a good spot but it's always crowded and hot! That's cool if u like that.

MistaCee
05-28-2009, 08:09 AM
Intrigued this Sat should be poppin

Turbo Terrance
05-28-2009, 12:23 PM
man...last weekend was the weekend to go out, it was carnival weekend so all of the events were off the chain. intrigue had like 1500 ppl on sat, 426 had a good crowd from thurs-sun, the atrium had 2500 ppl last fri.

not even sure what's going on this weekend but the weekend after carnival tends to be quiet bc ppl are broke lol...i'd say wait another week and then check the spots out.

DAAAAMMMNNNN I KNOW IT WAS POPPIN I HIT UP THE CARNIVAL OFF MEMORIAL DRIVE, BUT I DIDNT GO OUT CUZ I WAS BROKE...LOL

trini_gsr
05-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Intrique is definitely blowing up. Supa Mark is the new owner and he's getting some serious acts and sounds from all over. The new sound system in the club HITS HARD!! 426 is also a good spot but it's always crowded and hot! That's cool if u like that.

yeah man Mark is trying a thing over there at Intrigue. I kept an event there in January. real cool dude, and that black audi he has is bad as hell...

BABY J
05-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Cowboy's