PDA

View Full Version : Car and Driver uses Obama to get the best of Nascar fans on April fools day.

EJ25RUN
04-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Magazine's Obama-NASCAR hoax creates April Fool's stir

A Car and Driver April Fool's hoax on the Web, reporting President Obama had ordered Chevrolet and Dodge out of NASCAR after the 2009 season, turned into a sizzling Internet topic Wednesday.
"Just when we thought we could take a breather from Barack Obama's wacky policies, he reached across the Atlantic today to drop another one on us," wrote Sandra Rose at Rightfielders.com. "Naturally, NASCAR fans are outraged."

Car and Driver later pulled the fake story (which estimated savings of $250 million between the manufacturers) and apologized for "going too far" while noting the magazine " has a proud tradition of irreverent editorial and we amplify that each year with our April Fool's Day joke."

The mea culpa wasn't enough for Denny Darnell, who does public relations for Dodge's motor sports program. He wrote in an e-mail that "I've been in this business more than 30 years and I have never seen a story so irresponsible."

.................................................. .................................................. .

Nascar fans are stupid so i'm not surprised.

Ran
04-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Dodge will probably be out of NASCAR soon enough anyway once their company finishes deteriorating.

EJ25RUN
04-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Dodge will probably be out of NASCAR soon enough anyway once their company finishes deteriorating.
That will be one less sticker to laugh at.

I mean just look at this.....

The Dodge Charg////// I MEAN Avenger!

http://www.autobloggreen.com/media/2007/10/franchitti-avenger.jpg

Autoblog...

As NASCAR has tightened the aerodynamic restrictions on cars over the past decade to the point where they now use common templates for all "makes" of cars, they have become increasingly difficult to distinguish. Now it appears that even Chrysler can't tell its own cars apart. For the past couple of years the Dodge cars were branded as Chargers, but the advent of the "Car of Tomorrow" this year brought the new Avenger to NASCAR. It can be confusing -- just ask Chysler. The photo above of Dario Franchitti making his NASCAR debut appeared on the Chrysler's Firehouse media blog. Compare the photo caption to the label on the nose of the car and you'll see what we mean.

Paul
04-02-2009, 03:13 PM
lol - nascar fans are fucking dumb

ATL_EG
04-02-2009, 03:17 PM
hahahahah fuckin rad
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

OnURleft
04-02-2009, 03:19 PM
That is why I love Car and Driver. It's sort of like the closest thing we have to Top Gear

Ran
04-02-2009, 03:25 PM
That is why I love Car and Driver. It's sort of like the closest thing we have to Top GearPerhaps, but you can't get away with that in America.

We haz lawsootz.

OnURleft
04-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Perhaps, but you can't get away with that in America.

We haz lawsootz.

True.....

ShooterMcGavin
04-02-2009, 09:34 PM
damn too bad it wasn't real... lol