PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Motorsports Park needs your help!!!

©hris
04-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Jeremy Porter, CEO, AMP wrote:

Team AMP:
Good morning. May I solicit your help? Please help get Atlanta Motorsports Park across the finish line by taking action on both of these items below! This is it, we are almost there!!

FINAL ZONING HEARING – WE NEED YOUR HELP – April 13th , 6:00 PM

To all fellow racers/drivers/riders:
Thank you for your interest and support with Atlanta Motorsports Park. Our team has been working on this project for many years and the goal is to have it across the finish line in April 13th.

To do this, AMP needs your support in the Zoning Hearing on April 13th, 6:00 PM, Dawsonville, GA at the Racing Hall of Fame, City Hall, the second floor.

PLEASE WEAR A BLUE SHIRT (ANY TYPE) SHOWING YOU ARE WITH AMP!! Please sit in the front of the room.

WE NEED YOUR VOICE AND SUPPORT! This may be the most important date in your racing/seat time future to allow a world-class facility to be opened in your backyard.

Please tell anyone that wants seat time to attend this meeting to give their support on this project.

Directions to The Racing Hall of Fame/City Hall: 400 North, once you pass the outlet mall, turn left on Highway 53, follow highway 53 through town, until it dead ends, turn left continuing to follow 53 until you see the City Hall, Racing Hall of Fame on your right. It is about 10 miles from 400.

PART TWO – Send an e-mail to the city and county officials – the only part of this e-mail that matters is the subject line!!! (They don’t read the e-mail, just the subject line)
Send an e-mail to the e-mail addresses below with: SUPPORT AMP – JOBS, TAXES, PROVIDES SUPPORT BUSINESSES, AND BUSINESS TO THE CURRENT MEMBERS OF THE CITY AND COUNTY!!! You are welcome to put the same line in the e-mail since they rarely if at all open them.

Cut and past these e-mails into the “To” section of your e-mail:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Evil Goat
04-02-2009, 10:38 AM
email sent to all

speedminded
04-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Why do I have a funny feeling I went to HS with [email protected]

matthewAPM
04-02-2009, 10:41 AM
pics of the 944 or its fake

©hris
04-02-2009, 11:53 AM
pics of the 944 or its fake

All i have so far... i gotta pick it up next week up in Dahlonaga. I just got it and have yet to get it home. Should be track ready by June-July....

was my GFs dads car.... I was trying to sell it for him but decided to buy it myself.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/Chris04EX/3-4.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/Chris04EX/1-4.jpg

Elbow
04-02-2009, 03:56 PM
What are you racing it in?

matthewAPM
04-02-2009, 03:59 PM
^ from the looks of his sig...spec 944

Elbow
04-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Oh didn't see that, have fun with that lol.

©hris
04-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Spec and TT.... eventually lightning races.

garagdoorman
04-02-2009, 04:44 PM
From a dawsonville resident THANKS for everyones support:goodjob::goodjob:

OnURleft
04-02-2009, 07:45 PM
I have more fun watching snails on a camping trip then watching Spec-944.

Please everyone, support this damn track

StraightSix
04-03-2009, 08:27 AM

Spec-944s turn times at Road Atlanta that are close to SpecE30. Right now Spec944 is a brand new class in NASA-SE, so there's really only one regular car that shows up to our races. Right now, I'm thinking that I'm going to be going towards Spec944 with my '84 (just have to get an engine to get the balls rolling.)

I'd really like to see AMP get built.

green91
04-03-2009, 09:47 AM
Repost! As a dahlonega/dawsonville resident, i do NOT support this park. I suggest everyone see past having a race track and take a look at the local impact this park will have on dawson county.

http://www.citizens4dawson.org/

matthewAPM
04-03-2009, 10:07 AM
^ STFU.

ATLANTA MOTORSPORTS PARK FTW!!!!

green91
04-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Call them and have them build it in your backyard then! Oh wait, you're not even a land owner, are you?

redrumracer
04-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Email sent

©hris
04-03-2009, 03:52 PM

:D hahaha i'll admit that is pretty funny.... but... I'll have more fun driving in a wheel to wheel race with 40 other cars in a 944 around a race track for an entire weekend than sitting in the grass watching ANY cars go around a track.

Big Baller
04-03-2009, 04:28 PM
As an avid racer and car enthusiast there is nothing I would like more than to have another track local to me...however I can not support a track at that location. I don't feel that it is in the best interest of the community and I certainly wouldn't want them building one in back yard if I was Joe Homeowner. If it does pass I feel like they are going to have lots of trouble in the future from residence bringing lawsuits against them etc... Really I think it makes the whole motorsports community look bad when something like this happens, I hate to see this track get built and then suffer like many other tracks in the country have simply because the local community doesn't support them.

Alan®
04-03-2009, 04:31 PM
the letter against the park is prolly the weakest rebuttal i have ever read ever.

MongolPup
04-03-2009, 04:32 PM
^ STFU.

ATLANTA MOTORSPORTS PARK FTW!!!!

He has more riding on this than you do, don't make yourself look like a jackass.

Jimmy B
04-03-2009, 04:41 PM
LOL.. i get this in an e-mail all the time.. i delete it..

green91
04-03-2009, 06:58 PM
As an avid racer and car enthusiast there is nothing I would like more than to have another track local to me...however I can not support a track at that location. I don't feel that it is in the best interest of the community and I certainly wouldn't want them building one in back yard if I was Joe Homeowner. If it does pass I feel like they are going to have lots of trouble in the future from residence bringing lawsuits against them etc... Really I think it makes the whole motorsports community look bad when something like this happens, I hate to see this track get built and then suffer like many other tracks in the country have simply because the local community doesn't support them.

Thank you, im glad someone around here is open minded. I feel much the same way. Being a motorsports enthusiast i know its almost blasphemous for me to NOT want a track near me.. but i really feel they are placing the track soley for proximity to atlanta and the ability to possibly get land for cheap, not considering the noise, environmental and land values for adjacent landowners. Dawson county in general isnt a very wealthy county and the facilities would be out of reach for a vast majority of the residents.

Reps for you sir.