PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Where's the best dyno tuner for my car?

KenRed
09-25-2005, 07:25 AM
I have a 2002 Acura RSX Type S, and I plan on doing a n/a application of course. I know exactly how I'm gonna build the motor, and what internals, and ems I'm gonna use..here's a list.

AEM Cold Air Intake (moddiflied with Prototype Racing Intake Bell)
DC Race Header
Exhaust
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
Hondata K-Pro
K-Series (Integra Type R) Intake Manifold
Cunningham Titanium Rods
CP custom pistons with a max bore of 89mms
Eibach Valve Springs for 9500rpms max rev
Toda Headgasket
IPS Camshafts
Quaife Limited Slip Differential
Exedy Cerametallic Clutch
Exedy Flywheel

now with all these mods it's gonna take time for the build process, my question is...I wanna find someone who really know's hondata so they can show me how to tune it..any suggestions? my whp is anywhere between 220-240whp max, and I know it's gonna be a challenge, but I wanna try...so who's the best tuner in georgia, that knows k-pro?

Vteckidd
09-25-2005, 06:05 PM
we can do it. im currently in the process of building an NA type S. We have TWM ITBs, Skunk2 Stage 2 K series cams, CP pistons, and a host of other stuff. we can tune hondata Kpro.

We are very well known for tuning NA honda cars. let me know if you need anything else or any other advice.

KenRed
09-25-2005, 06:15 PM
we can do it. im currently in the process of building an NA type S. We have TWM ITBs, Skunk2 Stage 2 K series cams, CP pistons, and a host of other stuff. we can tune hondata Kpro.

We are very well known for tuning NA honda cars. let me know if you need anything else or any other advice.

how much for a dyno tune? and pulls

LS2ner
09-25-2005, 08:35 PM
GO with vteckidd, homey be buildin some mad All Mota's yo!

Vteckidd
09-25-2005, 09:14 PM
We charge $100/Hour

we just tuned a Turbo RSX this weekend that made 313 with a bolt on cybernations kit. he was using Kpro. We also do alot of NA tuning which is what i know what tyou want done. We know how to use the VTC tables and get the most out of your IVTEC engine

LS2ner
09-26-2005, 02:57 AM
Werd~

KenRed
09-26-2005, 06:45 AM
We charge $100/Hour

we just tuned a Turbo RSX this weekend that made 313 with a bolt on cybernations kit. he was using Kpro. We also do alot of NA tuning which is what i know what tyou want done. We know how to use the VTC tables and get the most out of your IVTEC engine

alright good...what i wanna learn are the angles on the cams, that i'll buy first..then maybe find the right degrees when tuning so I can make a good calibration...I'm gonna get the intake mod shortly, then i would like to dyno after i get that my rh, an exhaust, and k-pro untuned.

4dmin
09-26-2005, 09:52 PM
talk to mainstream or batlground

sixfifty
09-27-2005, 08:59 AM
We have had a RSX-s in here with almost all Tomei parts and bolt-ons that made 230 whp with k-pro. (his buddy had a turbo type s and he made 280) we also just had a 03 civic si with k-pro that made 253 whp. $126/hour for tuning

sixfifty
09-27-2005, 09:01 AM
hey vteckidd, got any stock b16 valve spring seat locators around?

Vteckidd
09-27-2005, 09:23 AM
We have had a RSX-s in here with almost all Tomei parts and bolt-ons that made 230 whp with k-pro. (his buddy had a turbo type s and he made 280) we also just had a 03 civic si with k-pro that made 253 whp. $126/hour for tuning
where was this at? The blue RSX is TEFU. his buddy has a white RSX with all TODA parts and it has a K20A DC5R motor in it. hes the one your prob talking about that made 230whp with Kpro.

sixfifty
09-27-2005, 09:57 AM
ah yes what a dumbass, toda not tomei. BG (not a good representation of us)

KenRed
09-27-2005, 10:01 AM
where was this at? The blue RSX is TEFU. his buddy has a white RSX with all TODA parts and it has a K20A DC5R motor in it. hes the one your prob talking about that made 230whp with Kpro.

I think i might know that guy..he live in Gwinnett right? cause he told me he had the toda n2 package...then he blew it I think...then got the K20aR swap, and good lord that thing is just plan fast!

Vteckidd
09-27-2005, 10:05 AM
ah yes what a dumbass, toda not tomei. BG (not a good representation of us)
LOL its cool. yeah that white rsx was pretty fast. i ran him in my old hatch ahwile back before he blew the motor.

LS2ner
09-27-2005, 11:58 AM
**wonders when vteckidd is gonna update his all motor goodness log**

Goinfasterthanu
09-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Try Balanced Performance ....get ED to tune it...He has ALLWAYS done me right.. Got REALLY good numbers out of my close to stock{hondata} h22. More tq than any h22 with same mods i have even seen.. They also do a LOT of k tuning.

Vteckidd
09-28-2005, 07:14 PM
hey vteckidd, got any stock b16 valve spring seat locators around?
you mean Keepers?

Wait till you guys see our K series.
12.5:1
TWM ITBS off the Skunk2 Drag CAr
Skunk2 Prototype Stage 2 Camshafts
Skunk2 Prototype Tri Y header
DFE Headwork
Crower Billet Rods
Kpro

should make 270whp. we ahould have the highest B series(my motor) and K series in the state all motor wise.

Id go with us , (obviously), or Batlground. I have never seen a good car LOCALLY make power all motor that came from ED. he likes to run cars rich from what i have seen. i have nothing against ed , he tunes alot of my friends cars that are turbo, but i have not seen an all motor car from there that i was impressed with.

Silver RSX-S
10-02-2005, 03:43 PM
**wonders when vteckidd is gonna update his all motor goodness log**

**wonders if he is ever going to see his other dyno graphs so i can find out why i'm not making the power i should be:(**

KenRed
10-02-2005, 04:17 PM
**wonders if he is ever going to see his other dyno graphs so i can find out why i'm not making the power i should be:(**
u again!!! stay on clubrsx lol trader

kiddin

Vteckidd
10-02-2005, 05:35 PM
send me your email address. i dont have it.

What power SHOULD you be making, cause every other Turbo RSX here only makes around 280-290 at the same boost level. remember you ran out of fuel, and if i was correct we didnt touch VTC cause you didnt have any more time.

just curious.

Silver RSX-S
10-02-2005, 11:00 PM
everyone on CRSX said 12psi should be at the VERY least 340whp with little to no tuning over the basemap. i dunno, i'm having a few guys look at the maps and see what they think. all i know is its a good bit faster than before i got the exhaust/tune, and i'm happy for now, but i still want more power :D

and yeah, just Air Fuel was done, no ignition or VTC i believe

also, on the dyno i only hit 86% duty cycle at 11.9psi, on the streets it goes over 11.9psi and up near 100% duty cycle.... :eek: once i get a 5psi wastegate spring in i'm going to street tune the car some more, then try and get a good dyno tune done.

Vteckidd
10-03-2005, 12:08 PM
everyone on CRSX said 12psi should be at the VERY least 340whp with little to no tuning over the basemap. i dunno, i'm having a few guys look at the maps and see what they think. all i know is its a good bit faster than before i got the exhaust/tune, and i'm happy for now, but i still want more power :D

and yeah, just Air Fuel was done, no ignition or VTC i believe

also, on the dyno i only hit 86% duty cycle at 11.9psi, on the streets it goes over 11.9psi and up near 100% duty cycle.... :eek: once i get a 5psi wastegate spring in i'm going to street tune the car some more, then try and get a good dyno tune done.
yeah i hear ya, but be leary of what people say on message boards. same goes for all motor, there are guys in cali making 200whp on their Stock RSX-S (02-04) and we usually only see 175-185whp at the most. as you know sea level, humidity, make a big difference.

IF you got some VTC action going on, i bet you would be at your goal easily.

good luck

Silver RSX-S
10-03-2005, 12:34 PM
yeah i hear ya, but be leary of what people say on message boards. same goes for all motor, there are guys in cali making 200whp on their Stock RSX-S (02-04) and we usually only see 175-185whp at the most. as you know sea level, humidity, make a big difference.

good luck

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?p=7087471

view that. after looking at my fuel curves after the dyno, they look like spaghetti. i dont know if that happened when the tune got corrupted or not, but thats the values i got even after i downloaded the tune straight off the ecu and off the file chunky sent me via USB stick... :eek: :eek:

KenRed
10-03-2005, 12:38 PM

good luck

what im wondering is this...without k-pro, i'm wonder will i hit 200whp with intake, rh, ex, and hondata img or close enough to hit, cause a friend of mine hit 196whp with intake, rh, and exhaust.

Silver RSX-S
10-03-2005, 12:42 PM
also, i think it would be best if we discuss this on aim if you want to further discuss it. you guys did a excellent A++ job and i dont want folks getting the wrong idea

Silver RSX-S
10-03-2005, 12:45 PM
what im wondering is this...without k-pro, i'm wonder will i hit 200whp with intake, rh, ex, and hondata img or close enough to hit, cause a friend of mine hit 196whp with intake, rh, and exhaust.

stock i hit 165
with cai/exhaust i hit 179
when i had intake/rh/exhaust i hit about 195ish (cant remember to lazy to find dyno sheets), you will need a freak car to break 200whp or a high reading dyno (maybe a dynapack)

with CAI/RH/Exhaust/Kpro 212whp with a LOT more power under the curve

KenRed
10-03-2005, 12:58 PM
stock i hit 165
with cai/exhaust i hit 179
when i had intake/rh/exhaust i hit about 195ish (cant remember to lazy to find dyno sheets), you will need a freak car to break 200whp or a high reading dyno (maybe a dynapack)

with CAI/RH/Exhaust/Kpro 212whp with a LOT more power under the curve

u shoulda just kept goin n/a u was gettin close to 200whp..i think u shoulda kept ur IPS cams, and just woulda built the shit out of that K

Vteckidd
10-03-2005, 01:47 PM
trust me , his boosted car is much faster than an NA car lol. But CJ IM me tomrrow, i will let you come dyno again and see what happened with the file. im interested in making you hppy, and having you get the numbers you want. PM me or IM me tmrrow when im at work.

KenRed
10-03-2005, 01:56 PM
trust me , his boosted car is much faster than an NA car lol. But CJ IM me tomrrow, i will let you come dyno again and see what happened with the file. im interested in making you hppy, and having you get the numbers you want. PM me or IM me tmrrow when im at work.

oh i know he's pretty quick...not doubt about that...i just want the car to be at a mild tune, and able to bust some ass at that.

KenRed
10-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Yah CJ u suppose to be a broke college student, where u gettin all this money for tuning? lol

Silver RSX-S
10-03-2005, 02:18 PM
theres a reason i had limited time on the dyno ($$). and i am VERY happy with the work that was done by the shop. i'm just going to do some street tuning and probably tune the car myself on the dyno next time, chunky did a great job, i just want to learn myself

i hate watching others do stuff to my car lol, thats why i stayed under the car during exhaust install and right by it at the dyno. i also fixed the FMIC so i wont be blowing charge pipes much anymore and the bumper stays on :D

KenRed
10-03-2005, 02:24 PM
theres a reason i had limited time on the dyno ($$). and i am VERY happy with the work that was done by the shop. i'm just going to do some street tuning and probably tune the car myself on the dyno next time, chunky did a great job, i just want to learn myself

i hate watching others do stuff to my car lol, thats why i stayed under the car during exhaust install and right by it at the dyno. i also fixed the FMIC so i wont be blowing charge pipes much anymore and the bumper stays on :D
oh snap...i need to find some places that i wont pay a high ass price for the RH and EH, got any ideas?

Vteckidd
10-03-2005, 02:29 PM
oh i understand, i was just saying you paid for dyno time , and the car seemed to be tuned right, then the file upload problem occurred, i just want to make sure you get your moneys worth, and i would like to see the car more and have chunky look at it cause he tuned it, your more than welcome to tune it yourself. but since you paid chunky and us, i would like to make sure you get it right.

the fuel problems amaze me, cause the dynos before that did not have those problems, so who knows what caused it. I would like to investigate more. this is not the first time i have seen file get corrupted or not load properly. i had a GSR with a basemap on it that washed a cylinder out cuse of a corrupt file with Uberdata and who knows why it did that.

I know chunky very well, and im VERY PICKY about who i let tune a car on our dyno. Remember, our tuners represent us. and i dont let any billy bob on the dyno. Chunky has tuned more than his fair share of K cars with no problems, im interested to see what your map is and why it was not satisfactory (to all parties involved).

I know your not bashing, i appreciate the good words. but i still want to make sure all our customers get what they pay for and are satisfied.

Contact me on IM CJ and we can talk further tomrrow

chunky
10-03-2005, 04:43 PM
CJ: Email me your contact info!!! [email protected]

I want to help you get this fixed. Your car was tuned for 10psi. you made 313hp @ 10psi, not at 12 psi.

I responded to your thread on clubrsx. Get back to me!

Silver RSX-S
10-03-2005, 06:51 PM
oh snap...i need to find some places that i wont pay a high ass price for the RH and EH, got any ideas?

eh = exhaust i assume?

and i'll put them on for you for cheap :D

Silver RSX-S
10-03-2005, 06:54 PM
also, i think the car made 10psi on the dyno, but with the extra load (weight wind resistance etc) on the car on the street, its running more boost (off wastegate spring)

the fuel issues i took care of with street tuning, now i just need to get it back to 10psi. i dont feel soo bad since it was 10psi on the dyno, i was looking at the wrong datalog i believe (send that too please chunky) and the only problem with getting back up there is distance, thus the reason i thought of doing it myself. 3.5hrs of driving sucks. and you guys are the closest i'd let do it...
that said i may use a local dyno and get the tune really good myself, then bring it up there for an all out tune that wont take as long with a good base tune

KenRed
10-03-2005, 07:05 PM
eh = exhaust i assume?

and i'll put them on for you for cheap :D

you know what i ment foo0o yes ex=exhaust my mistake!

Oh yah, u just tryin to hussle so u can get money for tuning arent u?

Silver RSX-S
10-03-2005, 07:22 PM
no. i need $ for a fuel pump first