PDA

View Full Version : Got new bike tonight!!

Subleg4
03-31-2009, 11:06 PM
Pretty excited, sold my Jeep this afternoon and got a bike to replace tonight.

Rode it a few miles tonight, love the V-twin, my last bike was R6, this bike def is a different ride. I have one crappy camera phone pic but ill get more tomorrow. I also got a 92 Honda CBR F2 Track bike in the deal with an extra motor.

2004 Honda RC51

wannab20hatch
03-31-2009, 11:11 PM
nice pickup. always loved the RC's

Hondatwin23
04-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Nice

EJ25RUN
04-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Wasn't expecting that. SP2 has got be one of Honda best ever machines.

loudasscbr
04-01-2009, 11:55 AM
gotta love the sound of those bikes

Cool Cat Racing
04-01-2009, 05:24 PM
I rode an RC51 a few years ago and that thing was a blast. Its nice to have decent top end but the torque of a large V-Twin will spoil you real fast.

Dietcoke
04-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Awesome! I love mine, ditch those factory cans, they are HEAVY!

SuperChicken
04-03-2009, 04:09 PM
If ya like torquey V-Twins from Honda, the SuperHawk is much more fun as a daily rider than the RC! Better chassis for everything below track work, and without a doubt the most fun bike I've ever owned!

Subleg4
04-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Awesome! I love mine, ditch those factory cans, they are HEAVY!

Its not the stock exhuast, its a full sato racing exhaust system

Tarzanman
04-12-2009, 07:08 PM
If ya like torquey V-Twins from Honda, the SuperHawk is much more fun as a daily rider than the RC! Better chassis for everything below track work, and without a doubt the most fun bike I've ever owned!

Mmm, I shall disagree with you there. The superhawk has two issues with that keep it from being on par with the supersports

-Much poorer handling... *especially* at slow speeds. The bars always feel like they want to turn in on themselves which makes the steering feel very heavy... and it is a lot more work than it should be to lean it over in corners. Maybe I'm spoiled from having ridden mostly supersports?

-Easy to stall! If you yank the clutch in or shift into neutral and coast to a stop from a moderately high speed (~40 mph or so) without engine braking then the air going through the intake will lean out the fuel/air mix in the engine and turn the bike off. Annoying, and a ridiculous oversight on the part of the engineers. Its the only bike I've ever ridden that does that.

If you like the RC-51 then you should swing your leg over a Ducati 999 one day :-)

Tech5
04-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Mmm, I shall disagree with you there. The superhawk has two issues with that keep it from being on par with the supersports

-Much poorer handling... *especially* at slow speeds. The bars always feel like they want to turn in on themselves which makes the steering feel very heavy... and it is a lot more work than it should be to lean it over in corners. Maybe I'm spoiled from having ridden mostly supersports?

-Easy to stall! If you yank the clutch in or shift into neutral and coast to a stop from a moderately high speed (~40 mph or so) without engine braking then the air going through the intake will lean out the fuel/air mix in the engine and turn the bike off. Annoying, and a ridiculous oversight on the part of the engineers. Its the only bike I've ever ridden that does that.

If you like the RC-51 then you should swing your leg over a Ducati 999 one day :-)

Well put man!!!

Agree 110%!!!

SuperChicken
04-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Wow. I don't know where you got the idea that the SuperHawk handles like that! I've ridden both, and the Hawk is much easier to ride at slow speeds...no floppiness at ALL! It's actually the most neutral steering bike I've ever ridden, including race bikes...

As for blowing out the candle, a very simple mixture screw adjustment took care of that.

Oh, and I LOVE Duc's, but I'll be damned if I'll put up with the maintenance headaches and expenses...I've worked for 2 Duc dealers, and I've seen what's involved and what's called for. Sweet bikes, but I'm not wealthy enough to own one.

ALVIN
04-13-2009, 03:28 PM
get you some Pirelli SuperCorsa takeoffs in 120/70 and DEFINITELY go to a 190/55. The turn in is so much easier and more fluid. It really is a night and day difference between 190/50 and the 190/55's

juan b
04-13-2009, 08:52 PM
damn man thats crazy, looks just like mine :lmfao::lmfao:

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1803/adamsbike.jpg

EJ25RUN
04-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Colin Edwards would approve.

Subleg4
04-14-2009, 07:02 AM
damn man thats crazy, looks just like mine :lmfao::lmfao:

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1803/adamsbike.jpg

Haha funny guy.