PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy a bike.

wannab20hatch
03-31-2009, 07:49 PM
well ive been talking to the wife and im gonna look at getting another bike. where is a good place to buy one at? I want a good all around dealership as i plan to have them service the bike and such. Ive been looking at cycle nation in braselton. they have quite a few 08's left for a good deal.

loudasscbr
03-31-2009, 08:00 PM
save more money buy out of state............cough tennessee....

wannab20hatch
03-31-2009, 08:04 PM
theyll still hit me with taxes when i go to tag in GA.

LordMDP
03-31-2009, 11:38 PM
i'd recommend buying used Ron--a lot of people are willing to negotiate prices with the way the economy is going

wannab20hatch
04-01-2009, 12:14 AM
i thought about used but i plan on keeping it until its paid off and then some. so id rather just have new. plus 08's are decently priced. not to much more than used ones. and come with a warranty.

Hondatwin23
04-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Mountain motorsports in conyers

loudasscbr
04-01-2009, 11:51 AM
I bought my 08cbr from mountain motorsports.... you can set up a maintenance package that is cheap as hell, and I think it includes the first six scheduled maintenences, also you can nab that 2yr factory warrenty..... its worth it

wannab20hatch
04-01-2009, 05:31 PM
conyers is quite a drive for me. ill look at their site though.

DynamicSound
04-01-2009, 05:45 PM
I suggest buying used from a individual. You can go on Craigslist and find some that are $2000 below value. A friend of mine bought a 06 Gixxer (perfect condition with slip-on exhaust and tinted shield) for $4700. It only had 7000 miles on it. The value I believe is between $6-7. The biggest thing you need to double check when you do this is running the VIN to ensure the bike is good to go. Also, if you do not know anything about bikes, bring someone with you that does so they can inspect it to make sure there are no problems.

I bought mine brand new at Motions, but would probably buy used if I could do it again to save money.

wannab20hatch
04-01-2009, 06:54 PM
i dont have the money to buy used so im gonna finance it and i only feel comfortable financing a new one.

browningboy7
04-01-2009, 06:59 PM
North Ga Motorsports in Braselton or Cycle World in Athens.

wannab20hatch
04-01-2009, 07:09 PM
north ga MS doesnt have yamaha's though. im leaning towards a yamaha they look great and got high remarks from all the articles ive read.

DynamicSound
04-01-2009, 08:16 PM
north ga MS doesnt have yamaha's though. im leaning towards a yamaha they look great and got high remarks from all the articles ive read.

The best thing to do is go to a shop that has all brands and sit on them and get the feel to see which is the best for you. Honda's/Yamaha's are going to be more relaxed feel where the Gixxers you lean over more...more aggresive. I personally like the Gixxer feel better than my Honda because the gas tank os a little wider...giving you an easier grip on the tank. There is no real way to go on what reviews say. You can pull up reviews saying any of the bikes are better. It all just depends on who does it and what they are looking for out of the bike.

wannab20hatch
04-01-2009, 08:27 PM
i use to have a 00 gsxr 600 and i never liked the feel. its alot of reach to the bars. ive ridden a 99 01 03 and 05 r6 and i felt comfortable on all of them so ive always leaned towards the yamahas. i went last week to gainesville motorsports and i really like the yamaha the best. just heard alot of bad things about their service dept and how they wont move on prices so i wont be buying there.

DynamicSound
04-01-2009, 10:46 PM
i use to have a 00 gsxr 600 and i never liked the feel. its alot of reach to the bars. ive ridden a 99 01 03 and 05 r6 and i felt comfortable on all of them so ive always leaned towards the yamahas. i went last week to gainesville motorsports and i really like the yamaha the best. just heard alot of bad things about their service dept and how they wont move on prices so i wont be buying there.

Yeah, the Gixxer is a stretch, but works for me since I am 6' 2". The Yamahas and Hondas a much more relaxed. I never rode a Kawasaki, but heard from several people and reviews that it is a rough ride.