PDA

View Full Version : need a new motherboard

BanginJimmy
03-31-2009, 05:51 PM
I have a POS gateway laptop that fried another motherboard. I tried doing a search the couple of computer hardware sites I know and couldnt find anything. Anyone have an idea where I can get one? Or maybe someone with an extra laptop that they want to sell overly cheap or maybe trade for some audio gear?

Everything else on my laptop works except I believe the motherboard. So I could also throw that in as a trade for a laptop to someone that could possibly fix this one.

wannab20hatch
03-31-2009, 06:40 PM
check out newegg.com they have cheap refurbished laptops. i may be selling my compaq within the next week or so fairly cheap.

DemonEyez
03-31-2009, 10:16 PM
if its a gateway laptop dont think you will be able to find a replacement laptop.

from now on, dont buy gateway.

know it doesnt help much but at least u wont waste more time looking for the mobo.

if you need cheap laptops check our fry's ad's every day. they have em sometimes for 350 or something for really basic ones. for pretty decent ones Lenovo had a model on sale for 599 that had 3gb ram, 250gb HD, nvidia 9300GS vid card and a P7850 processor. which is actually quite a good laptop.

BanginJimmy
04-01-2009, 10:30 AM
I know now to stay as far away from gateway as I can. I have had nothing but problems with the one I have. I guess I will be on the lookout for a something cheap then.