PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Notice More Cops

Crazy Asian
03-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Anyone notice there's been an increase of cops running around gwinnett and dekalb?

CSquared
03-30-2009, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't say any more cops but there have been
A ton of speed traps around my area. A few days ago I saw 6 people pulled over just going down memorial drive
Between 78 and 285.

CSquared
03-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Also I'm guessing from the picture that you ditched the prelude.

Crazy Asian
03-30-2009, 01:09 PM
yup yup.

CSquared
03-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Shame shame! Ha my supra will officially have been off the road a year come late april. Tired of seeing it sit in the backyard but I got some shit in the works. What you driving now?

GaGen2Teg
03-30-2009, 01:41 PM
end of the month they always come out you dont see them the beginning of months but you will towards the end of the month they'll be less this week trust me

Sammich
03-30-2009, 01:43 PM
it aint just the end of the month...they are being pressed for jobs too..i know locally they are more pressing on the highway...state troopers and county cops are running the roads

GaGen2Teg
03-30-2009, 01:49 PM
it aint just the end of the month...they are being pressed for jobs too..i know locally they are more pressing on the highway...state troopers and county cops are running the roads

tru tru but i just notice they always be out towards the end of the month but yeah there are more county cops and yes they are way more on the highways before i would only see maybe 1 or 2 now i see atleast 4 or 5

Sammich
03-30-2009, 01:50 PM
yea...they are trying to get more on their quota than usual to convince the chief 'i'm better than the other copper' lol

NevrNufTorq
03-30-2009, 01:51 PM
all of your local minicipalities(counties, cities) are hurting for money and easy way to get it is to give more speeding tickets....happening over here on the west side too. let's just say i've got some friends from the old bouncing/fighting days and thats the word form them ;) :2cents:

aguynamedpat
03-30-2009, 01:54 PM
They have to generate revenue somehow!...

Seriously, since this economic crap has started I have noticed an increase in cops clocking speeders. I used to rarely see speed traps and cops sitting on the side of the road clocking, now they are all over 20 clocking, they always have their token speed trap on sugarloaf set up, and ronald reagan as well.

GaGen2Teg
03-30-2009, 02:01 PM
yea...they are trying to get more on their quota than usual to convince the chief 'i'm better than the other copper' lol

haha damn true

SweetRevenge
03-30-2009, 02:02 PM
The government lives off the people that get arrested for stupid shit like going one or more over or under the speed limit, outstanding warrants and so on... I went with one guy to court because he was going 3 miles an hour more then the speed limit was and he had to pay $25.... so imagine how much the people that go 30 or more over the speed limit..

aguynamedpat
03-30-2009, 02:14 PM
I have an extremely hard time believing he was ticketed for going 3mph over. Seriously. The $25 doesnt even cover the cost for that judge to ask if he wished to plead guilty, not guilty, or NoLo and if he had anything else to say.

SweetRevenge
03-30-2009, 02:36 PM
that was just an example... my dad went around 5 miles less then the speed limit and he got a ticket... now what kinda shit is that...

the true story is he was going 65 on a 75 speed limit... and he was in the left lane.. and i was with him in the car

Crazy Asian
03-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Shame shame! Ha my supra will officially have been off the road a year come late april. Tired of seeing it sit in the backyard but I got some shit in the works. What you driving now?

Im driving my mom's car. My mom wrecked my 2009 Honda Accord but thank god. That was junk.

Crazy Asian
03-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Ya and also dunwoody police got more squad cars fully furnished with more equipment to hunt more of them idiots on the street.

nreggie454
03-30-2009, 03:11 PM
that was just an example... my dad went around 5 miles less then the speed limit and he got a ticket... now what kinda shit is that...

the true story is he was going 65 on a 75 speed limit... and he was in the left lane.. and i was with him in the car

That is impeding traffic. Ever heard the phrase "Slower traffic keep RIGHT"?

He deserved that ticket. That shit grinds my gears.

Greddypacked
03-30-2009, 03:14 PM

LOL well no shit, faster traffic keep to the left and most of the time the left lane goes well above the speed limit anyways. The ticket was a good cause, because that is not safe what he was doing.

SweetRevenge
03-30-2009, 03:14 PM

lol i know but he doesn't really speak English so... and I wasn't driving back then i was just in the car when it happened

GaGen2Teg
03-30-2009, 03:19 PM

x2

Sammich
03-30-2009, 03:24 PM

X2

UR DAD IS AN EXAMPLE OF A RETARDED LEFT LANE WHORING JERK

SweetRevenge
03-30-2009, 03:31 PM
haha thank you

MINI
03-30-2009, 04:18 PM
There has been a big increase in Rome to where its really obvious.

.blank cd
03-30-2009, 04:22 PM

He deserved that ticket. That shit grinds my gears.x375

BTW, the ticket quota thing is a myth, at least in Cobb and Cherrokee

GaGen2Teg
03-30-2009, 04:24 PM
x375

BTW, the ticket quota thing is a myth, at least in Cobb and Cherrokee

yeah i know its not i cobb and cherokee one of my buddies is a cop...but i still see more out here

.blank cd
03-30-2009, 04:27 PM
yeah. just alot of people think "oh shit i gotta watch out at the end of the month"

RL...
03-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Anyone notice there's been an increase of cops running around gwinnett and dekalb?

it's the end of the month....they have quotas to meet

Master Shake
03-30-2009, 04:55 PM
it's the end of the month....they have quotas to meetthat and its getting closer to summer too.

cops are probably about to start the 100 days of heat or whatever. where for 100 days, they are gonna be cracking down hard on people for everything.

RL...
03-30-2009, 06:30 PM
that and its getting closer to summer too.

cops are probably about to start the 100 days of heat or whatever. where for 100 days, they are gonna be cracking down hard on people for everything.

tis is teh troof

sogood
03-30-2009, 06:32 PM
I honestly haven't noticed more cops out, but it's probably just the area I live in.

01CDMLUDER
03-30-2009, 07:52 PM
I've noticed the increase too. It's probably a number of things thats already listed. Just go a lil under the speed limit and u shouldn't have anything 2 worry about.

He didn't get a ticket for going too slow he got a ticket for impeding traffic! He deserved that ticket! I hate it when ppl do that shit! Slower traffic keep to the right!! The only way u can get a ticket for going too slow is if ur going 45 or under on an interstate. The word "speed LIMIT'' means u cannot go faster than whats posted not that u have to go that speed.

DynamicSound
03-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I know Gwinnett is getting real deep on coverage. My office is on Jimmy Carter and I see them all day long. of coarse one of their stations is at the corner of Jimmy Carter and I-85. On top of that, they have a lot of undercover cars. I know they have an older Ford Ranger and a Grand Am. These are not unmarked cars, these are completely undercover only having dark tint on them.

Crazy Asian
03-30-2009, 07:58 PM
it's odd. I havent see this much at all. Ever since I moved here, I didnt notice much. Now it looks like there looking for America's Most Wanted. Heck I was being tailed by 1 cop everyday.