PDA

View Full Version : Food Ru Sans

NAMNORI
03-29-2009, 09:52 PM
This place is fucking awesome. I've been twice now and the food and atmosphere are the best. I'm not a big sushi fan but this has got to be the best i've had. If you like sushi you definitly need to check this place out!

Piedmont rd in Buckhead.

TIGERJC
03-29-2009, 09:59 PM
I miss the Ru sans from back in the day (when I discover it), the shrimp fried rice doesn't taste the same like it use to 5-8 years ago

Still a good and decent price place to eat at

Revmaynard
03-29-2009, 10:01 PM
I go to the one near my work down off Moreland, they're pretty good for lower price sushi, but there are some better places to go that cost a bit more. lol

NAMNORI
03-29-2009, 10:06 PM
This is pretty much the only sushi bar i've been to, so i'm not sure how well they accept loud ass car guys hootin' and hollerin' all night!

ironchef
03-29-2009, 10:35 PM
The sushi there is ok, theres other places with better sushi. But the atmosphere there is really fun.

NAMNORI
03-29-2009, 10:44 PM
yeah i'm loving it there so much i'm having my birthday party there.

The Ren
03-29-2009, 10:45 PM
the ru sans in buckhead sucks.. we went there last night.. about 8 of us.. took almost 2 hours.. it was rediculous.. ill never go back.

NAMNORI
03-29-2009, 10:51 PM
wow never been a real problem for us last time there were 25 of us and we waited for about 20-30 min and had our tables and everything.

TeeJay
03-30-2009, 12:26 PM
nasty ass fast food sushi

Vteckidd
03-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Not a fan, i have only been to the one by Town Center and it SUCKED. THe sushi wasnt fresh, and it was warm ewwwww

JennB
03-30-2009, 09:05 PM
I like the terriyaki chicken but the atmosphere gets on my nerves and last time I was there, it took about 2 hours to order, get food and eat. Way too much waiting.

It seems like every time I'm there, it's 25 different people's birthdays and you have to hear the guy yelling into the microphone constantly.

This all happened at the one in Buckhead.

I'll pass unless someone else reeeeeeally want to go there but I know plenty of good places to go instead.

RL...
03-30-2009, 11:23 PM
ru sans is good, but over-rated

If by sushi you mean sashimi then sashimi is essentially the same no matter which (respectable) sushi establishment you go to.

If by sushi you mean the various rolls that each sushi institution makes with their own twist, then it's a little different at every place.

Elbow
03-31-2009, 12:07 AM
Ru Sans is the McDonalds of sushi in my book, it's kind of generic, not that great, easy to go to, but nothing special.

Homer Simpson
03-31-2009, 01:00 AM
Ru sans is awesome. Their fried oysters ain't no joke.

rizzler
03-31-2009, 01:10 AM
I go to the one near my work down off Moreland, they're pretty good for lower price sushi, but there are some better places to go that cost a bit more. lol

the one in moreland is pretty freaking good. Great atmosphere even though its usually packed. Also I find the Ru Sans in Kennessaw to be up up on the list also.

LeX
03-31-2009, 10:12 AM
Ru Sans in Rome is pretty good. I am a sushi guy so I definitely don't consider the sushi there very good.. but it's ok. All the other dishes and good though

flak_monkey
04-01-2009, 03:57 AM
i <3 rusans in midtown. Sit at the bar when you go, so you don't have to deal with the shitty help that the franchise seems to love to employ.

Jimmy B
04-04-2009, 05:51 PM
the one is buckhead is ALWAYS packed.. its the trendy place to go, befroe you go out.. we go to the new one in alpharetta all the time.. alot less crowded, closer, adn all the cooks know us and give us free stuff!

ironchef
04-04-2009, 06:40 PM
There's one in Alpharetta now? Awww snap!

Jimmy B
04-05-2009, 08:50 AM
a little north of winward, on hwy 9, on the right, right after the new super target

Deke
04-05-2009, 03:10 PM
I've only been to the one on Piedmont. Not much atmosphere to speak of but it's all you can eat sushi bar, so who cares. Friends and I have been known to go there on a Sunday afternoon after a night of heavy drinking.

BIG WORM
04-06-2009, 01:20 AM

Yes the one in the Edgewood shopping plaza is better than Tower Place or Piedmont, more "youthful."

The the all you can eat buffet is good for the price (like $9, 11am-3pm everyday), also fun to take a date there and do saki bombs.

A more traditional Japanese place would be Suishi Ave. in down town Decatur.

I believe Ru Sans is owned by Chinesse ppl, which might explain for the sushi being so-so.

3 rolls for $1, I rate a good place to eat for the price.

NAMNORI
04-06-2009, 01:41 PM
MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Ru Sans mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Can't wait for sunday!

GIXXERDK
04-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Other than the atmosphere the food sucks!

JDM onlyy
04-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Ru Sans in the Lenox area is great. Never have any problems, just a long wait sometimes, but what can you expect from a good Sushi Bar. I always have fun when I go there, and the Sushi is pretty good to me.

NAMNORI
04-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Ru Sans in the Lenox area is great. Never have any problems, just a long wait sometimes, but what can you expect from a good Sushi Bar. I always have fun when I go there, and the Sushi is pretty good to me.

yes sir that place has been nothing but good for me, the only problem i've ever had is a little bit of a long wait but honestly it's to be expected when you have a group of 12-15 one time and 20-25 the next, but overall the food and atmosphere were excellent.

speedminded
04-08-2009, 08:56 PM
If you plan on going during busy hours then treat it as a bar and not a place you're going because you're hungry. Eventually people will learn not to go to a trendy sushi bar during the rush hours for the sole reason of consuming food, you WILL have to wait for it then you feel rushed eating and it takes away from the experience. Order food, get a couple drinks, and enjoy the atmosphere...if you don't meet somebody or chill with another group then you're just a hermit anyways.

If you're with a small group or as a couple then sit at the bar in front of the glass and service is normally on point. It's all right there in front of you and if you ask about an item they will most likely let you try it. You'll still have to wait to get a seat but your food will come faster than at a table.

For the atmosphere Ru Sans in Buckhead wins hands down, i've been going there at least 5-6 years. I've been to 3 of their others multiple times and was not impressed one bit, they remind me of Chinese buffet restaurants that happen to serve sushi. If I wanted that serene atmosphere then I'd go to a real Japanese sushi restaurant and pay just a little more.

Examples found on the internet...

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/19/l_738deb93e4423e365c0fa1cbca2ecbed.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3183/2892793138_b4e4df4225.jpg

NAMNORI
04-08-2009, 11:52 PM
If you plan on going during busy hours then treat it as a bar and not a place you're going because you're hungry. Eventually people will learn not to go to a trendy sushi bar during the rush hours for the sole reason of consuming food, you WILL have to wait for it then you feel rushed eating and it takes away from the experience. Order food, get a couple drinks, and enjoy the atmosphere...if you don't meet somebody or chill with another group then you're just a hermit anyways.

If you're with a small group or as a couple then sit at the bar in front of the glass and service is normally on point. It's all right there in front of you and if you ask about an item they will most likely let you try it. You'll still have to wait to get a seat but your food will come faster than at a table.

For the atmosphere Ru Sans in Buckhead wins hands down, i've been going there at least 5-6 years. I've been to 3 of their others multiple times and was not impressed one bit, they remind me of Chinese buffet restaurants that happen to serve sushi. If I wanted that serene atmosphere then I'd go to a real Japanese sushi restaurant and pay just a little more.

amen to you sir, someone who understands Ru Sans very well. It's atmosphere is what makes it so great and if you are having a good time and not being overly picky you might enjoy the food that much more.

flak_monkey
04-09-2009, 11:24 PM
I used to live less than a mile from the one on Piedmont. I miss RuSan's so damn much. You can't get decent sushi in stone mountain. PERIOD. And once you go to RuSan's, you get pissed at spending eleventy bamillion dollars on sushi elsewhere, even if it IS better.

d1esel12
04-20-2009, 11:11 PM
trust me when i say, its true what you pay is what you get. ru sans doesnt compare to MF Buckhead(in the Terminus building) or MF Sushibar (off Ponce right next to the Krispy kremes) good ass FRESH sushi, but yes, ru san's atmosphere is fun.

MR2DR
04-21-2009, 07:16 AM
trust me when i say, its true what you pay is what you get. ru sans doesnt compare to MF Buckhead(in the Terminus building) or MF Sushibar (off Ponce right next to the Krispy kremes) good ass FRESH sushi, but yes, ru san's atmosphere is fun.

biased much ;)

imbosile
05-17-2009, 02:16 PM
I went there last fall for my buddy's 21st birthday, it was pretty awesome. We did Sake Bombs with the chef too and they didn't ID a single person at our table, I wouldn't say the food was great, but that's not why we went there in the first place.

collins
05-22-2009, 12:20 PM

Examples found on the internet...

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/19/l_738deb93e4423e365c0fa1cbca2ecbed.jpg

haha those are my friends matt and tracy dead center in the photo... and that almost looks like my bald spot in the background....

collins
05-22-2009, 12:22 PM
I used to live less than a mile from the one on Piedmont. I miss RuSan's so damn much. You can't get decent sushi in stone mountain. PERIOD. And once you go to RuSan's, you get pissed at spending eleventy bamillion dollars on sushi elsewhere, even if it IS better.
amen to that!!!! SUCKS! now, there IS a new joint over in tucker that looks promising (to be decent anyway) but i havent tried it out yet... its in the same strip as the new firehouse subs and five guys.

flak_monkey
05-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Rusans is very hit and miss. I love it though for some reason. Probably because I can actually get FULL on sushi for two people and about $35 or less with drinks. I always sit at the sushi bar to avoid the shit service. I've eaten at the Piedmont one and the edgewood one past little five.

Julio
05-23-2009, 08:53 PM
I went to the one in Town Center today..

Not impressed. I had better.

speedminded
05-23-2009, 10:42 PM
I went to the one in Town Center today..

Not impressed. I had better.That one sucks. Had it several times and it's the atmosphere of the one at Tower Place that rocks.

Julio
05-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Town center ? Tower place?

The one of barrett..

lol

ironchef
05-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Tower Place is the one in Buckhead pretty much right off of exit 2 on GA 400.

speedminded
05-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Town center ? Tower place?

The one of barrett..

lolTown Center/Barrett Pkwy. always reminded me of the typical Chinese buffet. Tower place is the one on the 2nd floor overlooking Piedmont Rd. in Buckhead...totally different crowd and atmosphere.

Julio
05-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Town Center/Barrett Pkwy. always reminded me of the typical Chinese buffet. Tower place is the one on the 2nd floor overlooking Piedmont Rd. in Buckhead...totally different crowd and atmosphere.

Gotcha...

speedminded
05-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Anyone down for a Ru Sans Buckhead meet?!

ironchef
05-25-2009, 11:46 AM
*Raises hand*

Total_Blender
06-02-2009, 04:39 PM
I like it that they have a huge ass menu. You can go with vegeterians and they will still find something they like (even though their dumbass servers did mix up the orders at our table and give the vegeterians a meat dish once:rolleyes:). When I order a bunch of small dishes instead of a regular sized entree I find that I end up eating less.

My favorite thing there so far is the smoked catfish. An order of those and some sweet potato tempura and I'm set. :goodjob:

My only gripe with them is that their beer selection sucks. Japanese beer just isn't good. Sapporro is just Budweiser in a Mad Tyte JDM can and Ashai and Kirin aren't any better. Corona is like tapwater and Michelob Ultra is for girly men. If they were to offer something halfway decent like Amber Bock or Killian's or even Yuengling I'd forgive them. :crazy:

fininfarina
06-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Lunch buffet overthere, FTW!!!

NAMNORI
06-08-2009, 10:30 PM

thinking about going this friday night.

Balls
06-09-2009, 05:35 PM
thinking about going this friday night.

you find any other people to go??

NAMNORI
06-09-2009, 09:05 PM
nah i think were going to do it another time

Balls
06-10-2009, 04:05 PM
nah i think were going to do it another time

that works..