PDA

View Full Version : gauge cluster problem

yunglaosta
03-28-2009, 11:54 PM
well today i found out that one of my corner light bulbs were out...so i went to autozone and bought some brand new bulbs. now when i plugged the bulbs in everything worked ok. corner light came on and everything, BUT now when i use my turn signal, my cluster needle moves up and down between 800 and 1500 rpm. also when i use my turn signal while driving the rpm lags a shit load. was wondering whats the problem?

punkr6
03-29-2009, 09:28 AM
take the bulbs back out and see if it still does it, you also may have pinched a wire when installing the cluster causing it to ground...if it doesnt mess up with the bulbs out, install one at a time and test that to see where the problem is..

Barefoot
03-29-2009, 10:53 AM
take the bulbs back out and see if it still does it, you also may have pinched a wire when installing the cluster causing it to ground...if it doesnt mess up with the bulbs out, install one at a time and test that to see where the problem is..:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

yunglaosta
03-29-2009, 02:50 PM
take the bulbs back out and see if it still does it, you also may have pinched a wire when installing the cluster causing it to ground...if it doesnt mess up with the bulbs out, install one at a time and test that to see where the problem is..

just took out the both bulbs and found out it still has the same problem. could it be the speed sensor? just had a friend look at the car and he said it could be the speed sensor. also when i installed the cluster i dont think i pinched any wires because it was working fine for a while now.

punkr6
03-29-2009, 02:56 PM
well today i found out that one of my corner light bulbs were out...so i went to autozone and bought some brand new bulbs. now when i plugged the bulbs in everything worked ok. corner light came on and everything, BUT now when i use my turn signal, my cluster needle moves up and down between 800 and 1500 rpm. also when i use my turn signal while driving the rpm lags a shit load. was wondering whats the problem?

you have a short not a bad speed sensor...

yunglaosta
03-29-2009, 03:05 PM
you have a short not a bad speed sensor...

damn it, u dont think it could be from the light bulb sockets neither do u?

yunglaosta
03-29-2009, 04:14 PM
nevermind just took out both my light bulb sockets for the corner lights and thats not the problem either. i guess im going to have to look for the short?

yunglaosta
03-29-2009, 10:10 PM
well i just drove my car on the highway and it seems the problem stops while it passes 3k rpm. do you think its the cluster?

punkr6
03-30-2009, 03:39 AM
well i just drove my car on the highway and it seems the problem stops while it passes 3k rpm. do you think its the cluster?

does it still malfunction when you use the turn signal ?

yunglaosta
03-30-2009, 09:03 PM
does it still malfunction when you use the turn signal ?

yeah it still malfunctions, i'm going to try another cluster and see if it still acts up.