PDA

View Full Version : Getting closer... just tap it in. Little tappy

DinanM3atl
03-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Tap Tap Taperoo!

Rear Wheels are ready! 235.40.17 on 17x10. 215.40.17 on order for my 17x9s on the front! Front end suspension rebuilt is en route along with the tires! Coilovers are VERY soon!

Hope to be completed and stanced within 30 days! Not too happy with the Yokos as the large, beefy shoulder makes it kind of look odd :(

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3426/3392560761_50a1b349fc_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3429/3393369070_b154b83958_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3551/3392562865_5f04baf684_b.jpg

Oz10
03-28-2009, 04:05 PM
That last shot is really cool.

Alan®
03-28-2009, 04:08 PM
fuckin sweet

swollix
03-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Any reason for that tire choice? I like how they look. Did you refinish the wheels at all? I just spent way too much time refinishing all my wheels...

Jecht
03-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Damn, that is nearly twice the width of the wheels on my Miata. :lmao:

I'd like to see them on the car though.

mirz833
03-28-2009, 05:01 PM
i like d tires

DinanM3atl
03-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Any reason for that tire choice? I like how they look. Did you refinish the wheels at all? I just spent way too much time refinishing all my wheels...

Yup. Free! And I got 4 of them :)

Not yet. I just mounted tires and need fronts now. I am going to mess with them but not too much right now.

TheGrillMan
03-28-2009, 05:06 PM
i think they will look pretty good once on the car

swollix
03-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Yup. Free! And I got 4 of them :)

Not yet. I just mounted tires and need fronts now. I am going to mess with them but not too much right now.

You should have refinished them before putting tires on.

silverDA
03-28-2009, 05:47 PM
i like:goodjob:

matthewAPM
03-28-2009, 05:53 PM
sick man!

jcbe34
03-28-2009, 06:43 PM
I have some 95% tread 215/40 Dunlop FM901's that I will be getting rid of if you haven't ordered the fronts yet

LokiSays
03-28-2009, 06:57 PM
happy gilmore!

Z0_o6
03-28-2009, 07:19 PM
they look good, just a bit too stretched for me. i have 245 series tires on my 18x8.5" wheels, i dunno about narrower tires than mine on wheels wider than mine. i thought the point of wide wheels was to be able to have meaty tires!

it DOES look good though man, keep it up.

DinanM3atl
03-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Jon:

PM Sent!

Alex:

No. I don't want to spend the time right now. If I didn't want to fully refinish them right now I didn't want to.

Wide Wheels to stretch tires! That is why! I run big meat on the track car.

swollix
03-28-2009, 08:11 PM
they look good, just a bit too stretched for me. i have 245 series tires on my 18x8.5" wheels, i dunno about narrower tires than mine on wheels wider than mine. i thought the point of wide wheels was to be able to have meaty tires!

it DOES look good though man, keep it up.

How about 245's on 7.5" wide wheels? :goodjob:

DinanM3atl
03-28-2009, 08:12 PM

meh - that is weak. 245s on a 8.5 all around with some spacers. Much better.

Just because I am a douche....

I test fit them on the M3 ;) Also comparison of rear fenders. Quite a difference in stock verse rolled and pulled.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3436/3393954686_9064070574_b.jpg

Fender Comparo:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3588/3393953716_281e343b09_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3612/3393952482_d0b4fb909d_b.jpg

Look they fit!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3539/3393140705_658fd24699_b.jpg

FasTech
03-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Looks pretty damn good to me, man.

GetFRESH!
03-28-2009, 09:28 PM
It's all in the hips...

It's all in the hips...

:crazy:

Nice stuff man.

Always admire people who take the time to pay attention to wheel fitment and stance for not just looks but practicality. :goodjob: Offset's not too extreme, stretch isn't overboard. Everything looks just right. Props to you sir.

j0nbunklah0m
03-28-2009, 10:07 PM
thought this was a car pic section.

DinanM3atl
03-28-2009, 10:42 PM
thought this was a car pic section.

I am 100% positive I posted a pic of a 1996 328iC and a 1999 M3.

matthewAPM
03-28-2009, 11:50 PM
i cant wait for wheels

CCW? :ninja:

Z0_o6
03-29-2009, 01:08 AM

then you get the goofy balloon lookin tires lol. its a fine line! not hating on a little stretch though, unless its like a damn 265 on a 7" wide wheel LOL that's a little extreme IMHO.

DinanM3atl
03-29-2009, 11:48 AM
then you get the goofy balloon lookin tires lol. its a fine line! not hating on a little stretch though, unless its like a damn 265 on a 7" wide wheel LOL that's a little extreme IMHO.

Goofy balloon tires hehe

Big Baller
03-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Whats the point

silverDA
03-29-2009, 01:19 PM
money shot of all four installed/?

DinanM3atl
03-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Whats the point

What's the point of what?

money shot of all four installed/?

Not yet. They aren't for the M3 :)

quickdodge®
03-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Whats the point

Lolol. Later, QD.

OMG Its Platz
03-29-2009, 02:32 PM
no too shabby...not a fan of streached tires..would rather have all the meat on the ground to hook

Big Baller
03-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Whats the point of putting stretched tires on a performance car of any type. I assume you are putting them on something fairly fast because you have Neovas on them and they aren't cheap. Stretched tires behave like absolute shit...I don't understand why anyone who knows anything about performance would do that to a perfectly good tire....Whats the Point

DinanM3atl
03-30-2009, 04:44 AM
no too shabby...not a fan of streached tires..would rather have all the meat on the ground to hook

I still have all of the 235 on the ground...

Whats the point of putting stretched tires on a performance car of any type. I assume you are putting them on something fairly fast because you have Neovas on them and they aren't cheap. Stretched tires behave like absolute shit...I don't understand why anyone who knows anything about performance would do that to a perfectly good tire....Whats the Point

The point? So the aggressive fitment on the wheel front fits. I am looking for a certain stance and look to the car and stretching tires is going to be required for that. Spacers as well.

These are for a 1996 328i CONVERTIBLE. Performance car? roflmao not really. I will keep the M3 handling nicely on 245 R Comps on each corner for handling ;)

I know more about 'performance' and handling and driving than most people on this forum. Doesn't mean I don't want/need to have a clean and low cruiser car.

AirMax95
03-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Looks better than I imagined. Get em on!

P.s.> I still have not ordered mines, LMAO!

Mike Lowrey
03-30-2009, 09:10 AM
Tap Tap Taperoo!

Rear Wheels are ready! 235.40.17 on 17x10. 215.40.17 on order for my 17x9s on the front! Front end suspension rebuilt is en route along with the tires! Coilovers are VERY soon!

Hope to be completed and stanced within 30 days! Not too happy with the Yokos as the large, beefy shoulder makes it kind of look odd :(

I would say that this is caused by having too narrow a tire on your rim. I have Yoko R1R's 235/40R17 on a 7.5" wide rim and they fit nearly perfectly.

swollix
03-30-2009, 09:37 AM

Negative on balloon looking tires. 245 on 7.5":

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3133/3229507730_cb88a2ba75_o.jpg

Sammich
03-30-2009, 09:39 AM
TEETZ ALIVE THATS SICK...ALWAYS LOVE THESE WHEELS

Brian*
03-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Nice ass wheels, but I guess I'm not "Cool enough" to understand the way the fuk to small of tire thing on a nice size wheel LOL

Anyway, I like the wheels for sure*

DinanM3atl
03-30-2009, 12:18 PM
I would say that this is caused by having too narrow a tire on your rim. I have Yoko R1R's 235/40R17 on a 7.5" wide rim and they fit nearly perfectly.

No. Many tires don't look like this. The Yokos are an Ultra High Performance tire so the shoulder/sidewall is very stiff. Thus it looks like it does.

Thanks for 'educating' me on tires though.

Nice ass wheels, but I guess I'm not "Cool enough" to understand the way the fuk to small of tire thing on a nice size wheel LOL

Anyway, I like the wheels for sure*

rofl

There is nothing to understand. There really isn't.

Dirty Octopus™
03-30-2009, 12:40 PM
fuckin' sugar dipped balls bro! http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/image.php?u=9626&dateline=1237521760

speedminded
03-30-2009, 12:46 PM

Anyway, I like the wheels for sure*I'm pretty sure one of the original uses was the average drifter not being able to afford the stiffer ultra expensive high performance tires that they're just going to burn off anyways. Stretching increases the stiffness of the sidewall that you would wouldn't ordinarily have with a cheaper touring tire. A stiffer sidewall allows the driver to rotate the car and change directions more fluidly. The look then stuck for years afterwards no matter how stiff the tire.

The second reason would be stance. A stretched tire enables the car to be lower without the sunken school bus wheel look. A good stance requires the wheel to be flush with the outside of the fender, then you can only lower the car so much without sitting the fender on the tire. Stretch the tire some and you now can have a lower car or maybe a little more suspension travel.

JITB
03-30-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty sure one of the original uses was the average drifter not being able to afford the stiffer ultra expensive high performance tires that they're just going to burn off anyways. Stretching increases the stiffness of the sidewall that you would wouldn't ordinarily have with a cheaper touring tire. A stiffer sidewall allows the driver to rotate the car and change directions more fluidly. The look then stuck for years afterwards no matter how stiff the tire.

The second reason would be stance. A stretched tire enables the car to be lower without the sunken school bus wheel look. A good stance requires the wheel to be flush with the outside of the fender, then you can only lower the car so much without sitting the fender on the tire. Stretch the tire some and you now can have a lower car or maybe a little more suspension travel.

i thought it was just from people copying the european guys doing it because there tire tread had to be within the fender line to pass inspection. Europeans are being ripped for all their uniqueness...its the EDM year! last year was jdm..

Dirty Octopus™
03-30-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm pretty sure one of the original uses was the average drifter not being able to afford the stiffer ultra expensive high performance tires that they're just going to burn off anyways. Stretching increases the stiffness of the sidewall that you would wouldn't ordinarily have with a cheaper touring tire. A stiffer sidewall allows the driver to rotate the car and change directions more fluidly. The look then stuck for years afterwards no matter how stiff the tire.

i thought it was just from people copying the european guys doing it because there tire tread had to be within the fender line to pass inspection. Europeans are being ripped for all their uniqueness...its the EDM year! last year was jdm..

AWESOME!!! im using both those great explanations as an excuse to put a 185/45/15 tire on a 8.5" wheel :D

JITB
03-30-2009, 01:08 PM
AWESOME!!! im using both those great explanations as an excuse to put a 185/45/15 tire on a 8.5" wheel :D

lol whatever works!

speedminded
03-30-2009, 01:18 PM
i thought it was just from people copying the european guys doing it because there tire tread had to be within the fender line to pass inspection. Europeans are being ripped for all their uniqueness...its the EDM year! last year was jdm..The origin will probably never be known...

"The history behind hipari style stretched tires is two fold as poor people have been stretching tires onto wheels they don’t belong forever while euro tuners in Germany and Belgium started stretching their tires out of legal necessity. Local laws there require that the tire tread be within the fender line and with wider or lower offset wheels that can cause problems. To maintain the wide wheel fashion and keep the car street legal, narrow tires are stretched over the wide wheels."

Mike Lowrey
03-30-2009, 01:49 PM
No. Many tires don't look like this. The Yokos are an Ultra High Performance tire so the shoulder/sidewall is very stiff. Thus it looks like it does.

Thanks for 'educating' me on tires though.

LOL. So, you already knew they would not look right due to the stiff sidewall and still went forward. Nice.

p.s. Nothing like holding up the stereotype of the typical bmw owner. :goodjob:

speedminded
03-30-2009, 01:57 PM
LOL. So, you already knew they would not look right due to the stiff sidewall and still went forward. Nice.

p.s. Nothing like holding up the stereotype of the typical bmw owner. :goodjob:Define "looks right"...

Some people like their wheels protecting their tires anyways lol! :taun:

Mike Lowrey
03-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Define "looks right"...

Some people like their wheels protecting their tires anyways lol! :taun:

Well, if you read the first post, the OP said he did not like the way it looked. That is what I was referring to. :taun: lol

.blank cd
03-30-2009, 04:07 PM
oh snap! Berry nice dude!

your pics suck

~runs~

DinanM3atl
03-30-2009, 04:08 PM

p.s. Nothing like holding up the stereotype of the typical bmw owner. :goodjob:

WTF? No I didn't know they would not 'look right'. I have never seen a photo of an Advan Neova, 235.40.17 on a 10" wide wheel. So no, I didn't know what it would look like and then did it anyways. I know WHY it looks like it does now.

WTF does that even mean? Stereotype of the typical BMW owner?

Well, if you read the first post, the OP said he did not like the way it looked. That is what I was referring to. :taun: lol

Well you didn't. Not too happy is what was said. As in the next set of tires I get will not be in the ultra high performance ball park.

Also as a side note. I got a set of four 235.40.17 Advan Neova's for free. So I am using them. They were not my first choice but I am not going to turn down a free set of 1,000 dollar tires that are the proper size for the rear ;)

Stance - Jason is right. I am going for a certain 'stance' and stretching tires is needed. Sorry but I am not willing to destroy my fenders to fit a 265 onto the back of my e36 convertible.

JITB
03-30-2009, 04:13 PM
The origin will probably never be known...

"The history behind hipari style stretched tires is two fold as poor people have been stretching tires onto wheels they don’t belong forever while euro tuners in Germany and Belgium started stretching their tires out of legal necessity. Local laws there require that the tire tread be within the fender line and with wider or lower offset wheels that can cause problems. To maintain the wide wheel fashion and keep the car street legal, narrow tires are stretched over the wide wheels."

as many euro ford sites i frequent, those inspections they do over there are serious business. Ive been hearing about this for years... It does "look" nice on some applications. But i wouldnt drive on it..

swollix
03-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Halston, you should post the responses from this thread on Bimmerforums. I am sure they would get a kick.

DinanM3atl
03-30-2009, 04:44 PM
I am sure it would be funny. Don't want to start a war.

Don't want to drive on it? If this was a huge safety issue and it was definitely dangerous then people would not continue to do it over and over and over and over and over again. There are some dumb people that maybe would but at this point I don't think it will be an issue. 235 on a 10 is not even all that stretched...

225s on a 10.5
http://blankmediagroup.com/Pictures/Mike/E28-%20Black/Redefined/done/camber.jpg

JITB
03-30-2009, 04:50 PM
If this was a huge safety issue and it was definitely dangerous then people would not continue to do it over and over and over and over and over again. ]

thats always a valid point... :lmfao:

everyone else is doing it.. its ok!

I like the old generation BMW owners......classy fellows.

DinanM3atl
03-30-2009, 05:34 PM
What is with you attacking BMW owners? What does 'class' have anything to do with it?

All those classy 240 guys? All those class VW guys? All those classy Merc guys?

*edit*

I have some humor JITB. Why do you post videos to a benz that has stretched tires claiming it to be "GORGEOUS". What about the flat black sedan you posted with stretched tires? You claimed that to be 'your kind of honda'. What about the RX7 with stretched tires you posted?

I guess you like them but since I did some minor stretch I am a 'classless BMW owner'?

roflmao

JITB
03-30-2009, 07:06 PM
What is with you attacking BMW owners? What does 'class' have anything to do with it?

All those classy 240 guys? All those class VW guys? All those classy Merc guys?

*edit*

I have some humor JITB. Why do you post videos to a benz that has stretched tires claiming it to be "GORGEOUS". What about the flat black sedan you posted with stretched tires? You claimed that to be 'your kind of honda'. What about the RX7 with stretched tires you posted?

I guess you like them but since I did some minor stretch I am a 'classless BMW owner'?

roflmao
I nevr said I didn't like anything about it not looking good. I just would never do it. in the states it serves no purpose but to look good. vw peeps admit it, no one else wants too. the reasoning behind doing these things that bmw owners use just don't add up. it looks fine, but a proper fitting tire never gets old

speedminded
03-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I nevr said I didn't like anything about it not looking good. I just would never do it. in the states it serves no purpose but to look good. vw peeps admit it, no one else wants too. the reasoning behind doing these things that bmw owners use just don't add up. it looks fine, but a proper fitting tire never gets oldIsn't that the point of swapping wheels? They serve no purpose, they just look good...or hopefully do.

DinanM3atl
03-30-2009, 08:25 PM
I nevr said I didn't like anything about it not looking good. I just would never do it. in the states it serves no purpose but to look good. vw peeps admit it, no one else wants too. the reasoning behind doing these things that bmw owners use just don't add up. it looks fine, but a proper fitting tire never gets old

What reasoning other than looks did I say was the reason? I already admitted it was done to achieve a certain stance. It was done for looks and looks alone. My proper fitting tires can be kept to my R Comps on the M3 ;)

Also could you elaborate on the 'class' comment? And 'stereotypical bmw' owner?

Isn't that the point of swapping wheels? They serve no purpose, they just look good...or hopefully do.

Exactly.

JITB
03-30-2009, 09:35 PM
What reasoning other than looks did I say was the reason? I already admitted it was done to achieve a certain stance. It was done for looks and looks alone. My proper fitting tires can be kept to my R Comps on the M3 ;)

Also could you elaborate on the 'class' comment? And 'stereotypical bmw' owner?

Exactly.
1st. I never said anything about ur tires.
2nd. I never mentioned your class

I prefer the older classy bmw owners. 7 series 5series...

3 aren't my thing

DinanM3atl
03-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Maybe I read it wrong. You prefer older BMWs because they are more classy? I already owned a couple of them :)

atlantamx3
03-30-2009, 11:41 PM
Should have got some 275s for that wide of a wheel.

235s are weaksauce.

IMHO.

speedminded
03-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Should have got some 275s for that wide of a wheel.

235s are weaksauce.

IMHO.Can't tuck 275's on a e36 very easily, can get 265's but won't have the stance he's going for with this offset wheel. I can't wait to see it with coil-overs on. If i were Halston i'd have pics already with the rear wheel on the convertible with a couple people standing in the trunk to see how it would look lol!

atlantamx3
03-31-2009, 12:08 AM
Can't tuck 275's on a e36 very easily, can get 265's but won't have the stance he's going for with this offset wheel.

OKay then, Now I know.

Thanks.

I was thinking more of an autocross set-up... LOL

speedminded
03-31-2009, 12:19 AM
OKay then, Now I know.

Thanks.

I was thinking more of an autocross set-up... LOLIt's a convertible, can't get any less performance oriented then that. Unless you count a formula car...or sports cars from the 50's to 70's.

DinanM3atl
03-31-2009, 08:02 AM
Auto-X Setup? I would be running something along the lines of a 235 or 245 anyways. If you run a 275 and can't get heat into it you are just wasting time.

It is a convertible as stated 2 or 3 times now... Not very performance oriented haha

AirMax95
03-31-2009, 08:53 AM
If i were Halston i'd have pics already with the rear wheel on the convertible with a couple people standing in the trunk to see how it would look lol!

I agree.....let's do eet! :D Meet up in Alphaghetto or the hole at which you work, lol.

browningboy7
03-31-2009, 08:57 AM
..http://www.lazydork.com/movies/happygilmore.jpg

Digipix
03-31-2009, 01:55 PM
forget about all the haters out there. stretched is :crazy: :goodjob: i have 215/40 on 8.5 and 225/40 on 9.5 that i run daily!

this is a old pix
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/mrscion/DSC_0101.jpg

DinanM3atl
03-31-2009, 01:59 PM
I agree.....let's do eet! :D Meet up in Alphaghetto or the hole at which you work, lol.

Too much work.

swollix
04-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Halston, I found your vert's blue twin!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/swollix/01-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/swollix/03.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/swollix/04.jpg

9x17 ET33, 10x17 ET33 with 215/40-17 fronts and 245/35-17 rears.

Dev
04-01-2009, 11:30 PM
stretched tires FTMFW!

speedminded
04-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Halston, I found your vert's blue twin!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/swollix/01-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/swollix/03.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/swollix/04.jpg

9x17 ET33, 10x17 ET33 with 215/40-17 fronts and 245/35-17 rears.Wet dreams!

I want to see one with a roll bar. Is that molding painted?

DinanM3atl
04-01-2009, 11:43 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You ruined the surprise! That car also has spacers and I am running 235 rears. 245.36.17 is such a rare size and you can't lower the rear as much. Also it has stock fenders and mine are flared. I will also be lower :)

Moulding is painted and cleared. Makes it gloss.

swollix
04-02-2009, 12:05 AM
That's what happens when you take too long. ;) It's close enough, I could maybe photoshop it green?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You ruined the surprise! That car also has spacers and I am running 235 rears. 245.36.17 is such a rare size and you can't lower the rear as much. Also it has stock fenders and mine are flared. I will also be lower :)

Moulding is painted and cleared. Makes it gloss.

speedminded
04-02-2009, 01:08 AM
That's what happens when you take too long. ;) It's close enough, I could maybe photoshop it green? :ninja:

swollix
04-02-2009, 06:06 AM
:ninja:

muahaha

_Christian_
04-02-2009, 06:38 AM
This thread made me lol, so many funny comments. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. I'm expecting sex on wheels. Plz don't disappoint.

I saw your M a few months ago passing by my office in Alpharetta. :eek::goodjob:

DinanM3atl
04-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Really? Thats cool :)

Whatever Alex. You can be a pen0r and I will take my time! roflmao

swollix
04-02-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm expecting sex on wheels. Plz don't disappoint.

Look up a few posts I think you missed it, :goodjob:

Really? Thats cool :)
Whatever Alex. You can be a pen0r and I will take my time! roflmao

I will, isn't that what BMW owners are known for?

DinanM3atl
04-03-2009, 03:07 PM
I think so...