PDA

View Full Version : Evap charcoal cannister problem..

DamnDisLaOsBoY
03-27-2009, 04:20 PM
my car is throwing a code for large vac leak in cannister, the car was coverted to OBD1 and back to OBD2. Cannister was removed but never put back in.. i hear it wont really affect anything much but i would need a OBD2 scanner to delete that code, anyone got a OBD2 scanner to help me delete that code? or do you guys know what i would need to do??

Barefoot
03-27-2009, 06:16 PM
or do you guys know what i would need to do??yah u need to fix the problem. the code will just keep coming back. if your clearing to take emissions it wont work. odds are your ecu will not be close to readiness mode before it comes back on.

DamnDisLaOsBoY
03-27-2009, 06:40 PM
yah u need to fix the problem. the code will just keep coming back. if your clearing to take emissions it wont work. odds are your ecu will not be close to readiness mode before it comes back on.

nah i dont need emission im registering in another county

im_hung
03-27-2009, 07:12 PM
yah u need to fix the problem. the code will just keep coming back. if your clearing to take emissions it wont work. odds are your ecu will not be close to readiness mode before it comes back on.

x2. you will always have that code without the canister. i would get a canister, imo...

carbon_crash
03-27-2009, 07:37 PM
charcoal cannisters are some useless shit. My car has been doing fine without one since I did my bay awhile back. Just needed for emissions, but since you dont need emissions, maybe a tune on the ecu to get rid of it? I havent had any codes from mine not being there, but my swap is also obd1 in a obd2 car