PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods new setup-smokes!

NickW
09-24-2005, 09:32 AM
OK, I just got done putting a turbo on my integra nd now my car smokes...really bad. There is a little shaft play so im thinking it could be the turbo. it spools really well, but my car never smoked before!
Oh and its a T3 off of a saab and ive got a 95 integra. So...is that what happens when theres a little to much shaft play or could it be something else?

Annihilation
09-24-2005, 09:53 AM
need rebuild

i can rebuild

check Pm

brads94accord
09-24-2005, 12:29 PM
possible you might need a rebuild...

or in my case when i have too much oil in my car it smokes a little. it wasn't allowing my oil to drain properly

NickW
09-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Ya, mines a little to full and my drain line is a little kinked...I was already planning on fixing both of these issues, but now I'll do it today!

anniliation- Your PM box is full!

brad- I love that car...if i wouldn't have came across my 4dr teg, iwas going to get a 4dr accord, the same color! If you throw a OEM style CF hood on it, I think it would look even better!

Bishop
09-24-2005, 11:31 PM
Awesome man! I cant wait to turbo mine

iNsTuN nOoDoH
09-25-2005, 12:08 AM
Oil line kinked? There's your problem there.

NickW
09-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Doh! That will be fixed! Damn you guys have some nice cars! BTW, I'm having another problem now...the damn thing won't boost. I don't know if my guage just won't show me boosting, or what, but its pissing me off!!!!

OK, heres the deal- I was boosting fine, then after stopping and hanging out w/ some friends, the damn thing won't boost past 0. At idle it shows -20. Is this a little lower than normal? Anyway It jumps up to 0 just fine. I popped the hood and hit the throttle feeling around my charge pipes to see if there was a leak and couldn't find anything. One thing that Im wondering is if I am boosting, but my guage isn't showing correctly.
You know how you're supposed to tee your boost guage inline w/ your vacuum, on your FPR? Well I did that and everything was cool. Then I hooked up my FMU, but from what I understand, you are supposed to tee this off on the vacuum of the FPR. So instead of cutting the line again, I just teed off of the first tee and ran the FPR to one side of the second tee and the boost guage to the other side of the second tee. Could this br my problem? Do any of you have any suggestions? I hope I don't sound to ignorant, I have been doing this by my-self and This is the first car I've boosted (If you couldn't already tell!). Thanks for all the help!

scttydb411
09-26-2005, 08:06 PM
sounds like you blew a chargepipe loose...ck near the intercooler/turbo connections.

EclipseE16g
09-27-2005, 10:24 PM
do you have an oil restricter on your oil feed line? if not, you are dumping too much oil into the turbo, causing it to smoke.

NickW
10-02-2005, 05:47 PM
Well I put another turbo on and fixed the kinked oil line, but i still smoke, a little. Haven't heard of an oil restricter...tell me more. And i am running rich.

Sentra
10-02-2005, 09:54 PM
BATLGROUND!!!
They will tell you EVERY thing wrong...AND fix it.

jimjam187
10-09-2005, 02:00 PM
well If the motro has high miles on it it could not even be the turbo its the MOTOR.
Factor the sleeves, plugs, air fuel ratio, rings or just a new rebuild onthe motor itself.

NickW
10-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Very possible....but it was the turbo. I swapped them and now im just running a little rich, so i puff some blue smoke sometimes...that and i need new valve guides...or maybe a rebuilt head...or maybe a built vtec head...ok ill stop now.
Thanks for all the help everyone

93H22ACX
10-14-2005, 11:38 AM
do a compression and leak down test..

blue smoke is oil

NickW
10-15-2005, 02:34 PM
ummm...that sucks...will do thanks!