PDA

View Full Version : Possession of Marijuana

SloWRX
03-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Ok, last friday my friend and I were on our way to a hotel party and we get pulled over for speeding and the cop tells us the car smells on marijuana and tells us to step outside. After some searching he finds a little bud literally the size of half a damn penny. I dont know if my friend knew that shit was in there or not but i sure as hell didnt and when they put handcuffs on me my friend admits it to the cop that the dope is his and i still get charged with possession!!!! First asshole cop i've ran into. Now, when we go to court am i gonna need a lawyer because my friend will admit to the judge that the dope is his but considering the cop was an asshole i'm worried that the judge might be too. Any suggestions?

1. It wasn't my car/I wasn't driving
2. Dope was in friends car
3. It was Lawrenceville Police Department

MrBoostedCRX
03-26-2009, 08:46 PM
you can spend money on lawyer, or just let your friend say it was his...u had nothing to do with it if he confess...shes just going to tell you to watch out next time for bringing friends in your car

Evil Goat
03-26-2009, 08:46 PM
im no scientist, but id get a lawyer....and choose your friends more wisely next time

MrBoostedCRX
03-26-2009, 08:47 PM
if you werent driving then your good!!!

PURP
03-26-2009, 08:51 PM
It doesn't matter if it's your car or his, and it doesn't matter if you knew it was there. all parties are held accountable for substances in the car. Now, I don't see why he arrested either of you for a crumb. Around my area they make you throw it on the ground and step on it. But he shouldn't have had it in his car in the first place. I would get a lawyer. And not rely on my friends testimony. The court will not care for his confession. You should go ahead and consult with a lawyer and see what he thinks..

81911SC
03-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Shouldn't have been driving stoned.

Got Milk?
03-26-2009, 08:56 PM
DAMN MAN, who were you with?

yungdz
03-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Shouldn't have been driving stoned.

Dumbass can u read?

1. It wasn't my car/I wasn't driving
2. Dope was in friends car
3. It was Lawrenceville Police Department

81911SC
03-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Dumbass can u read?Nice grammar, Kelsey. But seriously, driving while stoned is not a good idea. :no:

Got Milk?
03-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Nice grammar, Kelsey. But seriously, driving while stoned is not a good idea. :no:

I know what you mean. Whenever im stoned and driving during the night, every light i see behind me, makes me think its a cop. :lmfao:

MrBoostedCRX
03-26-2009, 09:03 PM
I know what you mean. Whenever im stoned and driving during the night, every light i see behind me, makes me think its a cop. :lmfao:

x2

81911SC
03-26-2009, 09:04 PM
I know what you mean. Whenever im stoned and driving during the night, every light i see behind me, makes me think its a cop. :lmfao:And he was driving his car. :???:

quickdodge®
03-26-2009, 09:05 PM
It doesn't matter if it's your car or his, and it doesn't matter if you knew it was there. all parties are held accountable for substances in the car.

That's not necessarily true. If the "owner" of substance takes claim to it, then it is the "owner" who takes the fault. SloWRX should not have taken a rap for this. If I were you, SloWRX, I'd definitely consult a lawyer and ask what he thinks about it. If you have a clean record (especially drug wise), then you probably won't have any problems getting this off of you.

Now if the "owner" had not confessed and their was no agreement on who's it was, THEN all parties would be held accountable. Later, QD.

Got Milk?
03-26-2009, 09:06 PM
slowrx was not driving as stated in first post.

Frög
03-26-2009, 09:07 PM

OK, I thought I was crazy..

81911SC
03-26-2009, 09:07 PM
slowrx was not driving as stated in first post.No, no. He was driving and hotboxing in the car. Bad idea.

Got Milk?
03-26-2009, 09:10 PM
No, no. He was driving and hotboxing in the car. Bad idea.

lol w.e., have it your way.

Frög
03-26-2009, 09:11 PM
No, no. He was driving and hotboxing in the car. Bad idea.

That's always a bad idea.. Do it beforehand and don't carry any..

Remember kids:
Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly instead!

81911SC
03-26-2009, 09:11 PM
lol w.e., have it your way.If it was my way no drugs would be involved. However, this guy may think differently.

Frög
03-26-2009, 09:13 PM
If it was my way no drugs would be involved. However, this guy may think differently.

http://www.youthink.com/quiz_images/quiz1262outcome4.gif

M'Kay?

Got Milk?
03-26-2009, 09:14 PM
If it was my way no drugs would be involved. However, this guy may think differently.

Having drugs in your car is dumb. :goodjob:

81911SC
03-26-2009, 09:16 PM
I love trolling. LOL

Got Milk?
03-26-2009, 09:16 PM
http://www.youthink.com/quiz_images/quiz1262outcome4.gif

M'Kay?

Drugs that are man-made are bad, grass that has effects is not a drug in my world.

ep9716
03-26-2009, 09:21 PM
All I Can Say...Is That You Got Pwned HAHA

Got Milk?
SUPER DUPER

Crazy Asian
here's a tip kid:

You're F'd. Get a lawyer because you are an ACCOMPLICE to your friend and YOU WERE TRANSPORTING DRUGS!!! Doesn't matter that you were just in the car.Simple as that. If you have friends that are like that I suggest you look for new friends because you will seriously be f'd for your life.

Frög
03-26-2009, 09:24 PM
SUPER DUPER

Taking my word.. :lmfao:

Got Milk?
03-26-2009, 09:24 PM
here's a tip kid:

You're F'd. Get a lawyer because you are an ACCOMPLICE to your friend and YOU WERE TRANSPORTING DRUGS!!! Doesn't matter that you were just in the car.Simple as that. If you have friends that are like that I suggest you look for new friends because you will seriously be f'd for your life.

Got Points There. Get new friends.

TheGodfather
03-26-2009, 09:25 PM
God I hate stoners.

Got Milk?
03-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Taking my word.. :lmfao:

Who are you?

Frög
03-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Who are you?

o wow..

Got Milk?
03-26-2009, 09:34 PM
o wow..

No credit for you sir. :lmfao:

RL...
03-26-2009, 11:45 PM
the snozzeberrys taste like snozzeberrys!

G.C
03-26-2009, 11:51 PM
i'm pretty sure you won't get in trouble for this. Since the guy confessed it's his.

nreggie454
03-26-2009, 11:54 PM
You can still get in trouble. One guy I work with was in a car with a dude who had crack. The guy who owned it fessed up and said it was his. Everybody in the car was charged and convicted with possession of crack cocaine. Get a GOOD lawyer, get the exact police report, and cross your fingers.

sogood
03-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Know your rights next time and this wouldn't have panned out the same way.

SleepingTalon
03-27-2009, 12:00 AM
This is entirely gonna depend on the judge. I've gotten a marijuana possession charge before, and it was for a similar situation. I would go get a lawyer either way, but this is a very minor charge, and it shouldn't be a big deal to get out of it. In my case, what my lawyer did was have me pass a few piss tests before I went to court (which meant no smoking for a little while), and the judge just threw the charge out because it showed I was clean.

claybird
03-27-2009, 12:01 AM
damn that some bull

RedEj8
03-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Damn that sucks for you..

My story..

I was driving MY car with my friend in it at like midnight. He had pot. My car gets a blown head gasket so smoke is pouring out of the exhaust and when I pull into a BK a cop pulls in behind me with his lights on. I get out and go look under the hood..cop yells at me and then yells at my friend to get back in the car. He then says he smells weed. He asked if I had any in the car and I said no. He said he was gonna search and if he found any we were both going to jail, I said go ahead...

My friend confesses and gets a ticket for possession..I get nothing at all except a blown head gasket...

Moral of the story? Bibb Co. sheriffs are cock sucking assholes who lie..
Mother fucker couldn't possibly smell the dime sack my friend had in his pocket especially with burning coolant smoke surrounding my car and the parking lot...

The fucked up thing is my friend lost his license for 6 months and he wasn't even driving LOL.

SleepingTalon
03-27-2009, 12:06 AM
here's a tip kid:

This is total bullshit. "Transportation of drugs"? LOL. First of all, if he was gonna get a charge like that, which would be a FELONY, and would be called "Felony trafficking of marijuana", or whatever drug you had in your possession, he would have to be charged with it already, and would have to possess a whole lot more than what he had. I got charged with felony drug trafficking charges for LSD and Ecstasy before, (which they never got to stick), and you have to have A LOT of shit on you. For pot, anything less than an ounce is a misdemeanor, and easily taken care of, especially if you have a clean record. Beyond all that, when it's all said and done, he can get his record expunged for about $100 and it'll be like it never happened.

nreggie454
03-27-2009, 12:07 AM
here's a tip kid:

LOL you won't be F'ed for life for misdemeanor possession. Assuming you have a clean record, you can do pretrial diversion which means you have to undergo supervision for a year or so (basically probation but technically not probation), do some community service, and some kind of alcohol/substance abuse course. Once you complete all that, the charges are dropped and the only thing on your record is the actual arrest, which you can get expunged.

nismo_92
03-27-2009, 12:41 AM
man dis shit happen 2 me hears the story me and a fried drove 2 were six flags is CUS THIS DUDE OWED ME MONEY and a fried told me 2 wait for hiM at a wallmart parken lot and it was full this was on the tweenty third of dec a couple mouths ago so im waiting for him finaly he pulls up i get out my car hop in to his car the a fucken cop komez up to the kar less then a min anD knocks on the window he pulls buddy out the kar asks him wat we going he said nothen cop searches my friend found nothen pulls me out searches me nothen ether serches my car nothen ! searches buddys kar and pulles out a half ounce of coke IN THE CENTER CONSLE he ask whoes is it i said i dint know so he tAKE ME 2 JAIL ALSO IM IN JAIL XMAS AND NEW YEARS TILL I GO TO COURT JUGE SET A BOND TO 2O,000 IM LIKE WFT SO MY POPS GETS THE BOND I GOT 2 COURT AND WENT 2 TRAIL AND STILL LOST THE DAM CASE .. EVEN THO IT WASNT MY CAR AND I WAS JUST IN THE CAR OR LESS THEN 2 MINS SO I STILL GET CHAREGD WITH POSSION WITH IN TINT 2 DISTRIBUTED SO NOW IM JUST WAITING FOR THEM 2 GIVE ME MY SENTENCE ... I WISH U LUCK THAT U DONT GET A FUCKED UP JUDGE BRO

nreggie454
03-27-2009, 12:48 AM
man dis shit happen 2 me hears the story me and a fried drove 2 were six flags is CUS THIS DUDE OWED ME MONEY and a fried told me 2 wait for hiM at a wallmart parken lot and it was full this was on the tweenty third of dec a couple mouths ago so im waiting for him finaly he pulls up i get out my car hop in to his car the a fucken cop komez up to the kar less then a min anD knocks on the window he pulls buddy out the kar asks him wat we going he said nothen cop searches my friend found nothen pulls me out searches me nothen ether serches my car nothen ! searches buddys kar and pulles out a half ounce of coke IN THE CENTER CONSLE he ask whoes is it i said i dint know so he tAKE ME 2 JAIL ALSO IM IN JAIL XMAS AND NEW YEARS TILL I GO TO COURT JUGE SET A BOND TO 2O,000 IM LIKE WFT SO MY POPS GETS THE BOND I GOT 2 COURT AND WENT 2 TRAIL AND STILL LOST THE DAM CASE .. EVEN THO IT WASNT MY CAR AND I WAS JUST IN THE CAR OR LESS THEN 2 MINS SO I STILL GET CHAREGD WITH POSSION WITH IN TINT 2 DISTRIBUTED SO NOW IM JUST WAITING FOR THEM 2 GIVE ME MY SENTENCE ... I WISH U LUCK THAT U DONT GET A FUCKED UP JUDGE BRO

You are a fucking idiot. Please graduate grade school and come back to this thread.

nismo_92
03-27-2009, 12:51 AM
MAY I ASK WHY?

You are a fucking idiot. Please graduate grade school and come back to this thread.

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-27-2009, 12:55 AM
here's a tip kid:

You're F'd. Get a lawyer because you are an ACCOMPLICE to your friend and YOU WERE TRANSPORTING DRUGS!!! Doesn't matter that you were just in the car.Simple as that. If you have friends that are like that I suggest you look for new friends because you will seriously be f'd for your life.WTF are you talking about?

This wasn't a carter member who got pulled over.

X-Runner
03-27-2009, 12:56 AM
MAY I ASK WHY?

Maybe because you can't speak english? :thinking:

nismo_92
03-27-2009, 12:58 AM
WHY CANT I SPEAK ENGLISH????????????
Maybe because you can't speak english? :thinking:

X-Runner
03-27-2009, 12:59 AM
WHY CANT I SPEAK ENGLISH????????????

Ok sorry, proper english. Look at the post you made with your story. And turn the caps off.

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-27-2009, 01:00 AM
nismo? Oh shit. You must be JDM AS PHUCK!

You know that ***** Han? Homeboy still owes me a ride.

nismo_92
03-27-2009, 01:06 AM
what :thinking::thinking:
nismo? Oh shit. You must be JDM AS PHUCK!

You know that ***** Han? Homeboy still owes me a ride.

nismo_92
03-27-2009, 01:07 AM
ight :goodjob:
Ok sorry, proper english. Look at the post you made with your story. And turn the caps off.

Crazy Asian
03-27-2009, 01:40 AM
This is total bullshit. "Transportation of drugs"? LOL. First of all, if he was gonna get a charge like that, which would be a FELONY, and would be called "Felony trafficking of marijuana", or whatever drug you had in your possession, he would have to be charged with it already, and would have to possess a whole lot more than what he had. I got charged with felony drug trafficking charges for LSD and Ecstasy before, (which they never got to stick), and you have to have A LOT of shit on you. For pot, anything less than an ounce is a misdemeanor, and easily taken care of, especially if you have a clean record. Beyond all that, when it's all said and done, he can get his record expunged for about $100 and it'll be like it never happened.

Haha yeah I worded it wrong trafficking there you go. But I think it's different in each state. I was getting it from Cali. A good friend of mine got pulled over and basically he had several charges like possession of marjuana, intent to sell, trafficking, and other things. Yeah it was a lot of too. He like 9 oz. That got him f'd for good though.

x Resilience
03-27-2009, 06:10 AM
Haha yeah I worded it wrong trafficking there you go. But I think it's different in each state. I was getting it from Cali. A good friend of mine got pulled over and basically he had several charges like possession of marjuana, intent to sell, trafficking, and other things. Yeah it was a lot of too. He like 9 oz. That got him f'd for good though.

Yeah, news flash when its an oz or greater its a felony, under that is a misdemeanor. It really isn't a big deal but its good to take care of it.

stillaneon
03-27-2009, 10:01 AM
It was a bud... Misdemeanor charge. If its your first offense, you will most likely have 6 months to a year on probation and some fines. Get a lawyer!! A good lawyer can do wonders, and might even be able to get the charge dropped all together due to the amount of pot that was there.

Evil Goat
03-27-2009, 10:05 AM

holy shit....im starting to think jail time isnt such a bad idea for you even though it wasnt yours....did you read this shit after typing it :screwy:

Bruce Leroy
03-27-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm going through something similar... except I had half an ounce, and It was in my car.

I figured that It is my first offense, and its just a misdemeanor, so i was just going to plead guilty, take my fine and probation. I went to court, and the solicitor said that If i plead guilty, I would lose my license. No fine, no probation, just court fees and no license for a year :screwy:. She told me to plead not guilty, and get a lawyer. Then I tried to get a court appointed, but i'm unable to get one because its not a jailable offense. I have a feeling that she screwed me big time. I ended up getting my case transfered to fulton county, but its gonna be a year or two before I go back to court. I should have just gotten a lawyer in the first place.

Whatever you do, know your rights.

AnthonyF
03-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Next time don't drop any and make sure u smoke all of it.

-Ant.

Got Milk?
03-27-2009, 02:31 PM

LOL WUT? Damn kid, what school did you go to? :screwy:

The Ninja
03-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Next time don't drop any and make sure u smoke all of it.

-Ant.

Exactly! Because 6months probation and a few fines aren't going to stop you from doing what you want to do, but it is going to pay for the time the cop wasted on you guys. Or is it?

sogood
03-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Whatever you do, know your rights.

A little late for that advice.. If he and his friend had known their rights they probably wouldn't be in this situation.

SloWRX
03-27-2009, 06:38 PM
That's not necessarily true. If the "owner" of substance takes claim to it, then it is the "owner" who takes the fault. SloWRX should not have taken a rap for this. If I were you, SloWRX, I'd definitely consult a lawyer and ask what he thinks about it. If you have a clean record (especially drug wise), then you probably won't have any problems getting this off of you.

Now if the "owner" had not confessed and their was no agreement on who's it was, THEN all parties would be held accountable. Later, QD.

No, i have no other tickets involving drugs and 2 days after I got out of jail I went to take a drug test and passed so I'm still thinking i dont need a lawyer since my friend is gonna confess and i have proof that i dont smoke it

FuckYoHonda
03-27-2009, 06:42 PM
No, i have no other tickets involving drugs and 2 days after I got out of jail I went to take a drug test and passed so I'm still thinking i dont need a lawyer since my friend is gonna confess and i have proof that i dont smoke it

LOL.

gtrmonkey
03-27-2009, 10:58 PM
You need a lawyer.

nreggie454
03-27-2009, 11:23 PM

Trust me. You need a lawyer. It is DEFINITELY worth it.

collins
03-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Beyond all that, when it's all said and done, he can get his record expunged for about $100 and it'll be like it never happened. can you do that with speeding tickets? lol i could use that...

x Resilience
03-28-2009, 09:46 PM

What are you doing on the 20th of next month, I was thinking we should chill ;)

SloWRX
03-28-2009, 10:14 PM
What are you doing on the 20th of next month, I was thinking we should chill ;)

Ohh nothing, thinking about blazing lolol. wanna join? :D

TheGrillMan
03-28-2009, 10:18 PM
on the 20th i shall burn down trees

all day long

§treet_§peed
03-28-2009, 10:39 PM
on the 20th ill prolly be working.

TheProfiteer
03-29-2009, 06:27 AM

Listen to this man, he has good advice on this one.

If he claimed it, if its his car, and he was driving, as long as he keeps the same story in court (along with claiming that you guys did not smoke, and the smell was just a lingering from a few days ago then you and ONLY you should be able to get off clean)

just think about it, does the State have enough evidence to convict you of the crime? If you believe its no, then at your arriagnment request the judge a motion of dismall on those grounds, if he does not give it to you, plead not guilty and get a Jury Trial (most likely it will never even go to court).

now if you guys get a decent lawyer you might both get off on an improper search and siezure dismisall.

x Resilience
03-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Ohh nothing, thinking about blazing lolol. wanna join? :D

Hell yeah :lmao:

Mr. Antonov
03-29-2009, 11:13 AM
im not scientist, but id get a lawyer....and choose your friends more wisely next time

The guy admitted that is was his right off the bat, why would he be a bad friend?