PDA

View Full Version : STi at SDR

Z0_o6
03-26-2009, 03:20 PM
just a quick video of my car at SDR last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaBN3MmiS3o

needs antilag. :)

LongLiveH2b
04-02-2009, 09:24 PM
nice! GT35R and how much power you makin to all four wheels? just curious since i saw that dyno video of you but no stats

Z0_o6
04-03-2009, 01:28 AM
officially? 363 whp :ninja:

DirtyMechanic
04-03-2009, 01:40 AM
umm your not making that at 27psi on a 35r. oh and are you really untuned.. thats just stupid on stock block 35r@27psi wtf

sleepys4
04-03-2009, 02:23 AM
I would think you would be making a little more. That setup should be good for high 11's shouldn't it?

Z0_o6
04-03-2009, 09:36 AM
i'm on a conservative pump gas tune. i am technically untuned for race gas. hence the reason i only went up 6 psi from 93 oct at 21 psi to 27 psi on C16. believe me with a real race gas tune at 30+ psi it would have trapped at over 120 as it sits. this setup is good for high 11's with better driving and anti-lag. i'm only launching at 3-5 psi.

Once the built motor goes in (forged CP pistons, Pauter rods, Cosworth 278/274 cams with a decent amount of headwork) it will be making MUCH more power and it will spend MUCH more time on the dyno to get everything setup for 10's out of the box.

HypnoToad
04-03-2009, 06:57 PM
very nice car man,i was in the camaro:(

Z0_o6
04-03-2009, 08:45 PM
haha was that you?! i was wondering that! put a LSx in it and whoop my ass.

HypnoToad
04-04-2009, 06:07 AM
haha was that you?! i was wondering that! put a LSx in it and whoop my ass.

lol,yep.......its bout 99% stock and 1st time at the track,idk bout whooping u,lol....but deff should be good bit quicker soon.

NevrNufTorq
04-07-2009, 12:31 AM
good run :goodjob: and gl on your new setup on the new block

UpSideDownDesi
04-07-2009, 01:28 AM
i'm on a conservative pump gas tune. i am technically untuned for race gas. hence the reason i only went up 6 psi from 93 oct at 21 psi to 27 psi on C16. believe me with a real race gas tune at 30+ psi it would have trapped at over 120 as it sits. this setup is good for high 11's with better driving and anti-lag. i'm only launching at 3-5 psi.

Once the built motor goes in (forged CP pistons, Pauter rods, Cosworth 278/274 cams with a decent amount of headwork) it will be making MUCH more power and it will spend MUCH more time on the dyno to get everything setup for 10's out of the box.
363whp, i know how much ninja power u have lol. Man you are lucky that you can get anti lag, i am stuck with no launch control. AP2 only supports Launch control for Drive-by-wire cars 04+ wrx, and STI's.

umm your not making that at 27psi on a 35r. oh and are you really untuned.. thats just stupid on stock block 35r@27psi wtf
nope that isn't stupid on stock block, pushing it, but no stupid. STI motor are low compression 8:1, and built well, so they can take bit of boost. 27psi on race gas is fine.

DirtyMechanic
04-07-2009, 03:00 AM
363whp, i know how much ninja power u have lol. Man you are lucky that you can get anti lag, i am stuck with no launch control. AP2 only supports Launch control for Drive-by-wire cars 04+ wrx, and STI's.

nope that isn't stupid on stock block, pushing it, but no stupid. STI motor are low compression 8:1, and built well, so they can take bit of boost. 27psi on race gas is fine.its no boost the pops motors its the power... 27psi on a 35r is near the limit of the stock block.

Z0_o6
04-07-2009, 10:23 AM
its no boost the pops motors its the power... 27psi on a 35r is near the limit of the stock block.

correct it is not boost that blows things up its power. power comes from timing. at a given boost pressure more timing is more power and more stress.

i am running conservative timing for pump gas, and race gas allows more timing. i turn up the boost a little to make up for the low timing, however it is still technically 'untuned' because the car has never had c16 in it on the dyno. my tuner is the one who told me when i asked, that if i wanted to run race gas, keep it under 30 psi and data log every run and see what happens. i have gotten it up to 28-29 psi on a cool night before getting any knock, so this night i only went to 27.

the motor has since then shown signs of being hurt, but i believe it is from a head lifting and breaking the seal of a head gasket slightly, because now under hard boost it spits coolant out of the overflow tank. thus the built engine going in to handle the turbo.

nevernufftorq- who did you have build your sti if you don't mind me asking? i'm considering having phil at element tuning build my longblock or ron at raw1performance.

upsidedown- man you know you can have antilag and launch control! standalone. i have hydra 2.6 MUCH better than an accessport.

DirtyMechanic
04-07-2009, 02:04 PM
correct it is not boost that blows things up its power. power comes from timing. at a given boost pressure more timing is more power and more stress.

i am running conservative timing for pump gas, and race gas allows more timing. i turn up the boost a little to make up for the low timing, however it is still technically 'untuned' because the car has never had c16 in it on the dyno. my tuner is the one who told me when i asked, that if i wanted to run race gas, keep it under 30 psi and data log every run and see what happens. i have gotten it up to 28-29 psi on a cool night before getting any knock, so this night i only went to 27.

the motor has since then shown signs of being hurt, but i believe it is from a head lifting and breaking the seal of a head gasket slightly, because now under hard boost it spits coolant out of the overflow tank. thus the built engine going in to handle the turbo.

nevernufftorq- who did you have build your sti if you don't mind me asking? i'm considering having phil at element tuning build my longblock or ron at raw1performance.

upsidedown- man you know you can have antilag and launch control! standalone. i have hydra 2.6 MUCH better than an accessport.THANK YOU. someone else thats knows something. you can have 60psi and only make 300hp, its going to be a really small turbo. and ill be really surprised that your couplers and hoses can handle 60psi but yeah 60psi wont pop the motor. but like 10psi on a T-88 might

Z0_o6
04-07-2009, 04:11 PM
yep. everybody freaks out when i say i run up to 30 psi on a bone stock engine with a 35R. kind of funny that it has lasted 10k miles before any mishap at all, and even now, as long as i keep it on wastegate boost it is still drivable. i just can't wait to get the new engine in and see what this turbo can REALLY do! :)

yungdz
04-07-2009, 04:26 PM
GL with the new motor.

I believe there is a way for Launch control on the bugeyes

Z0_o6
04-07-2009, 05:00 PM
standalone.

pimpdaddy
09-17-2009, 10:28 AM
not hatin it seemed like you were shifting kind of slow.

NevrNufTorq
09-17-2009, 11:02 AM

upsidedown- man you know you can have antilag and launch control! standalone. i have hydra 2.6 MUCH better than an accessport.

sorry brother i didnt see this:(turbodave did it all at r and d auto:goodjob:mahle oistons, carillo rods, valve train, cams and all the port work on the head which is let's just say substantial:yes:

heard good things about phil but never done anything with him and dont know about ron at all:2cents:

hope all is well:D

oleblue
09-17-2009, 11:17 AM
That thing sounds SWEET....