PDA

View Full Version : California to Ban Black Cars.......

Vteckidd
03-25-2009, 05:28 PM
What a joke of a state. We seriously need to kick them out of America.

"In a move that will likely get California's consumers in a huff, impending legislation may soon restrict the paint color options for Golden State residents looking for their next new vehicle. The specific colors that are currently on the chopping block are all dark hues, with the worst offender seemingly the most innocuous color you could think of: Black. What could California possibly have against these colors, you ask? Apparently, the California Air Resources Board figures that the climate control systems of dark colored cars need to work harder than their lighter siblings – especially after sitting in the sun for a few hours. Anyone living in a hot, sunny climate will tell you that this assumption is accurate, of course. In fact, legislation already exists for buildings that has proven successful at reducing the energy consumption of skyscrapers.

So, what's the crux of the problem... can't paint suppliers just come up with new, less heat-absorbent dark paints? According to Ward's, suppliers have reportedly been testing their pigments and processes to see if it's possible to meet CARB's proposed mandate of 20% solar reflectivity by 2016 with a phase-in period starting in 2012, and things aren't looking good. Apparently, when the proper pigments and chemicals are added to black paint, the resulting color is currently being referred to as "mud-puddle brown." That doesn't sound very attractive, now does it? Windshields, backlights and sunroofs are also slated to get reflective coatings starting in 2012.

When we first heard of this issue, an internal debate immediately began as to whether this might be an elaborate early April Fool's joke, but it isn't. Read through CARB's complete Cool Cars Standards and Test Procedures here (PDF link) for more. Thanks for the tip, Joaquin! "

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/25/california-to-reduce-carbon-emissions-by-banning-black-cars/

LOLOLO

Vteckidd
03-25-2009, 05:30 PM
And Big Screen TVs

In their continuing quest to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, state regulators have uncovered a new villain in the war on global warming : your big screen TV

Couch potatoes, beware.

The California Energy Commission is considering a proposal that would ban California retailers from selling all but the most energy-efficient televisions. Critics say the news standards could take 25 percent of televisions off the market — most of them 40 inches or larger.

“The larger the television, the more at risk it is of being banned unnecessarily in California,” said Douglas Johnson, senior director of technology police for the Consumer Electronics Association.

Association officials say the standards are not only unnecessary – because the federal government already regulates energy efficiency through the voluntary Energy Star program — but also ill-timed. The last thing our economy needs now is products taken off the market, they say.

Furthermore, they say that with a weak economy, consumers are going out less and watching TV more.

“This is really about regulating entertainment, not energy use,” Johnson said.

Poppycock, says the commission.

Affordable big screen TVs will still be available under the new standards, spokesman Adam Gottlieb said. In fact, he said the regulations will save you money.

The commission calculates that if you buy televisions meeting the proposed standards it’ll cut your annual energy use by — drum roll, please — $18 to $30 per television per year.

“I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like to save money,” Gottlieb said.

Gottlieb said the commission is exploring the regulations to reduce the strain on the energy grid and to avoid building new power plants.

Televisions are the fastest growing consumer appliance in California. Californians are buying bigger TVs, and more of them. If something doesn’t happen, televisions are going to devour a bigger and bigger piece of the state’s power grid, which means we’ll need more power plants. More power plants mean more greenhouse gas emissions.

“Consumers aren’t aware of the hidden cost of powering these things,” Gottlieb said.

Gottlieb insisted that the regulations wouldn’t eliminate big screens from California stores. But the commission’s own draft report says TV energy use is “proportional to the screen size.” And there’s no doubt the regulations will limit energy use.

So if you’re in the market for big screen TV, now might be the time to buy. The regulations are expected to be approved this summer.

Want to weigh in? Email the Energy Commission with your comments at [email protected].

LOLOLOLOLx209-1830928409240932

Im sure none of this will be passed but i cant believe its even being talked about

EJ25RUN
03-25-2009, 05:34 PM
I don't know what's more amazing.

That stupidity of California or the fact i checked autoblog and saw that article without it even registering in my head. lol

quickdodge®
03-25-2009, 05:41 PM
That stupidity of California

It's not really the stupidity of California. California is a state. It is not a member of any legislation nor can it vote or draw up laws or amendments. Ergo, California can not be stupid. The representatives or politicians of the state, however, can be. There's a big difference. Later, QD.

apex2305
03-25-2009, 05:43 PM
wow, so there will be legal marijuana, no dark cars, and small tv's, why dont they just go ahead and secede, thats gotta be where they are headed

apex2305
03-25-2009, 05:44 PM
i just want to know, are their politicians actually representing any of their people??? i mean the ones that elected them, do they agree with this kind of crap? i dont get it

EJ25RUN
03-25-2009, 05:44 PM
It's not really the stupidity of California. California is a state. It is not a member of any legislation nor can it vote or draw up laws or amendments. Ergo, California can not be stupid. The representatives or politicians of the state, however, can be. There's a big difference. Later, QD.

Thank You QD for your impute.

So let me clarify.

I wouldn't expect this legislation to come up anywhere besides California.

TheGodfather
03-25-2009, 06:44 PM
The politicians in California are the biggest bunch of pussy hippies ever. I thought Arnold was going to keep people in line, what the hell happened?

I'm all in favor of cutting off California and selling it or blowing it up.

Faggots and latinos all over the fucking place, pollution running rampant, and so many liberals it makes Ted Kennedy look conservative.

Julio
03-25-2009, 07:53 PM
The politicians in California are the biggest bunch of pussy hippies ever. I thought Arnold was going to keep people in line, what the hell happened?

I'm all in favor of cutting off California and selling it or blowing it up.

Faggots and latinos all over the fucking place, pollution running rampant, and so many liberals it makes Ted Kennedy look conservative.

Did a latino fuck a gf of yours in the past or something? Because damn, you sure bash on them..

lol

TheGodfather
03-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Did a latino fuck a gf of yours in the past or something? Because damn, you sure bash on them..

lol

Nah, he's a white hick, I don't like rednecks either.

I live in NY and hate the overpopulating and shoving in my face hispanic culture that is always happening to me. I've got into these discussions before, and nothing will change my mind about it. My ancestors came here through Ellis Island, HAD to learn english, and HAD to assimilate. These hispanics don't have to do shit.

Yes I generalize, and know some hispanics that don't fit the mold. But alot do. So I do just group them.

It's sad, and a slap in the face to my family that worked so hard.

Got Milk?
03-25-2009, 08:14 PM
They should give california back to mexico.

TheGodfather
03-25-2009, 08:23 PM

x 1,000,000,000

green91
03-25-2009, 08:24 PM

after it falls into the ocean!!

GTScoob
03-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Fuck that, we should cross the border and take the Baja. This is America, we dont back down to anyone. And while we're at it, we should nab the Yucetan as well since its beautiful and Cancun is already an american city.

TheGodfather
03-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Fuck that, we should cross the border and take the Baja. This is America, we dont back down to anyone. And while we're at it, we should nab the Yucetan as well since its beautiful and Cancun is already an american city.

Maybe we don't back down, but politicians sure do bend over.

Why else would every fucking sign have spanish and english on it?

Sport1.3
03-25-2009, 08:31 PM
not surprised, LOL @ at the image of them crushing cars because they are black.....there will be riots

Alan®
03-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Won't happen just like the legislation they had in new york to ban sports cars but still pretty stupid that it is even being brought up

green91
03-25-2009, 08:33 PM
I think it shows how out of touch with reality these politicians get once they are in office. They bask in each others bullshit constantly and have no feeling for the needs of their constituency

Elbow
03-25-2009, 09:49 PM
What's so dumb about everything Vteckidd posts?

"impending legislation may soon restrict "

He forgets to see the word MAY, PROPOSED, any of those words that mean it's not ACTUALLY MADE yet.

2SICC4IA
03-25-2009, 09:52 PM
we aint a joke of a state! your a joke!

cali is the best and most liberal territory in the country!

fucc that! and fucc your blacc cars too bitch!

shit in ga.. u cant even buy beer on sundays or past midnight.. out here, i can go to the corner and buy a prerolled blunt on sunday at 2am

Vteckidd
03-25-2009, 09:54 PM
What's so dumb about everything Vteckidd posts?

"impending legislation may soon restrict "

He forgets to see the word MAY, PROPOSED, any of those words that mean it's not ACTUALLY MADE yet.

hey ass face i posted the article i know what it says, and i said

IT WILL NEVER GET PASSED BUT THE FACT THIS IS EVEN BEING DEBATED SHOWS HOW RETARDED THEY ARE

Go back to the kiddie corner

Elbow
03-25-2009, 09:54 PM

shit in ga.. u cant even buy beer on sundays or past midnight.. out here, i can go to the corner and buy a prerolled blunt on sunday at 2am

Past 11:30 at Wal Mart.

BobbyFresco
03-25-2009, 10:12 PM
hey ass face i posted the article i know what it says, and i said

IT WILL NEVER GET PASSED BUT THE FACT THIS IS EVEN BEING DEBATED SHOWS HOW RETARDED THEY ARE

Go back to the kiddie corner

You locked the other thread as I was responding..Well, someone did...Anyway, what happened to that 4k thing we were discussing?

Vteckidd
03-25-2009, 10:14 PM
You locked the other thread as I was responding..Well, someone did...Anyway, what happened to that 4k thing we were discussing?
Still talking to them, the guy is away at bootcamp so his time is limited.

IM going over there tomorrow to see what the deal it

BobbyFresco
03-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Still talking to them, the guy is away at bootcamp so his time is limited.

IM going over there tomorrow to see what the deal it

Cool...Lmk what you find out. You have my # still?

Vayda
03-26-2009, 09:48 AM
I think it's really funny that the manufacturers are actually trying to make black paint less heat-absorbent. That's the right idea, guys. When California changes the laws, just respond by changing the laws of physics. Black will always absorb more light and heat. That's what makes it BLACK.

*sigh*

NVEOUS
03-26-2009, 09:52 AM
What bullshit. That is so stupid.

AirMax95
03-26-2009, 10:12 AM
I have a sweet pad on Pluto if anyone wants to move later on, lol.

If this gets passed, I can only imagine whats next.

_Christian_
03-26-2009, 11:14 AM
They should also make it illegal to have your windows down while the a/c is on.

garagdoorman
03-26-2009, 11:32 AM

Genius?:thinking:
Liberal territory is the problem. I assume thats a medical blunt:rolleyes:

Bballjamal
03-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Save the earth save nature :gay:

Next they'll say the worlds population needs to be reduced to 500,000,000 ;)

XLR8NMR2
03-26-2009, 12:19 PM
eastside motherfuckers

The Ninja
03-27-2009, 06:45 AM
http://wardsautoworld.com/ar/auto_id_save_auto/index.html

Lmao.... more bullshit tactics.

TY, plz come again.

cm7k24
03-28-2009, 10:07 PM
wtf

tdurr
03-28-2009, 10:17 PM
lol. they should make all black cars have 5%tint. Problem solved.

DunDunSkeert
03-29-2009, 01:39 AM
What a bunch of tree huggin liberal dueshers

The Ninja
03-29-2009, 11:30 AM
^ Read the article I posted retard.

DunDunSkeert
03-29-2009, 11:44 AM
^ Read the article I posted retard.

Why should I read it?

The Ninja
03-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Why should I read it?

Ok. Don't read it.

One_Bad_SHO
03-29-2009, 01:16 PM
I think it's pretty dumb, however, glad to see an effort being made to help Mother earth out a bit. I applaud their efforts.