PDA

View Full Version : Misc Lasik

LiL PaKi
03-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Has anyone on here gotten Lasik done?

Where would you recommend?
Any special discounts?

Is it worth it? do you think my eyesite will go bad in 20 years?
from a cost perspective if it's costing me around $3,200 for both eyes.. thats $160 a year for 20 years (which is how much my yearly exam and contacts is)

Thanks in advance for any responses :)

has anyone gotten any side effects?
"dry eye"," "night glare" and "halos"

03RCode
03-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Best thing I've ever done for my vision. I had mine done at LasiksPlus in Marietta and it was a good bit cheaper than anywhere else I found it, and if my vision ever gets worse they will redo the procedure free of cost. My vision went from 20/150 to 20/15 in less than 3 days.

LiL PaKi
03-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Best thing I've ever done for my vision. I had mine done at LasiksPlus in Marietta and it was a good bit cheaper than anywhere else I found it, and if my vision ever gets worse they will redo the procedure free of cost. My vision went from 20/150 to 20/15 in less than 3 days.

nicee.. I have a discount with my health provider that I get 15% off the standard price Lasikplus offers or 5% off the promotional price they offer... plus they have the 0% for 18mo. thing that really caught my eye.

did u get the traditional Lasik?
Custom lasik?
traditional lasik with IntraLase?
or Custom lasik with Intralase?

phuoc_dat
03-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Did mine at lasik vision institute in cobb parkway. Got both eyes for $2400 lifetime warranteed. This was the best experience ever in my life and the best investment i have ever made. The best part of all is waking up everyone morning not having to run to the restroom and put on a pair of contacts. :)

P.S not going to lie, but the process hurts like hell but just for 5 seconds though. haha

03RCode
03-25-2009, 01:54 PM
nicee.. I have a discount with my health provider that I get 15% off the standard price Lasikplus offers or 5% off the promotional price they offer... plus they have the 0% for 18mo. thing that really caught my eye.

did u get the traditional Lasik?
Custom lasik?
traditional lasik with IntraLase?
or Custom lasik with Intralase?

When you go for your preop deal they will tell you what type of Lasik you need to help your vision the most. Mine was just a straight traditional Lasik with no frills.

dragnGSR
03-25-2009, 01:58 PM
I had mine done at Lasik plus in Marietta also and with the lifetime warranty. I can't remember exactly how much I paid but it was around that price that you mentioned. My younger brother also had it done there along with my ex-g/f. The procedure itself was not painful at all, but the several days afterwards was something I would like to forget. The only reason I say that is because I hard the PRK procedure (cutting the flap completely off) vs the normal procedure (folding the flap back). I think it depends on the thickness of your cornea? Anyways, my vision has regressed since then (had it done 4 or 5 years ago) but not by much as confirmed by a eye exam I had done a couple of months ago. I'm thinking of going back to get it redone but I've been too busy.

LiL PaKi
03-25-2009, 02:05 PM
oh ok cool thanks.. as long as they will redo the procedure if my eyesite worsens later i'm definetly going to consider it

NevrNufTorq
03-25-2009, 02:11 PM
best $5k i ever spent in my life...cheaper now but mine was done 11 years ago when i was 24 and i still have 20/20 vision!!!!! :cheers:

LiL PaKi
03-25-2009, 02:13 PM
best $5k i ever spent in my life...cheaper now but mine was done 11 years ago when i was 24 and i still have 20/20 vision!!!!! :cheers:

good to hear :)

Julio
03-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Had mines @ lasik plus in Duluth... $2700.. about/almost 2 years ago..

Best money ever spent.

ShooterMcGavin
03-25-2009, 03:50 PM
personally wouldn't do it, not that it matters bc my vision is fine. but being that it's so new there's no telling what it'll do for your vision more than 20 yrs down the road...if you're already old then yeah go ahead since you most likely won't be alive even if they find out 30 yrs from now that it makes you go blind. but i wouldn't be a big fan of being the first generation of guinea pigs so to speak.

LiL PaKi
03-25-2009, 03:54 PM
personally wouldn't do it, not that it matters bc my vision is fine. but being that it's so new there's no telling what it'll do for your vision more than 20 yrs down the road...if you're already old then yeah go ahead since you most likely won't be alive even if they find out 30 yrs from now that it makes you go blind. but i wouldn't be a big fan of being the first generation of guinea pigs so to speak.

that's why I didn't get it when I was like 16 because it was too "new".. i'll be 23 this year

lasikplus has been doing it for over 15 years...

my eyesite is getting worse every year b/c i sit infront of a computer screen all day..

with the lifetime satisfaction plan I believe they will redo the procedure if my eyesight gets bad again so that's one of the main reasons why i'm attracted to it..

Frög
03-25-2009, 03:55 PM
I was going to do it, but they said I should wait a couple years..

ShooterMcGavin
03-25-2009, 03:56 PM
that's why I didn't get it when I was like 16 because it was too "new".. i'll be 23 this year

lasikplus has been doing it for over 15 years...

my eyesite is getting worse every year b/c i sit infront of a computer screen all day..

with the lifetime satisfaction plan I believe they will redo the procedure if my eyesight gets bad again so that's one of the main reasons why i'm attracted to it..

and what if 30 yrs down the road it makes you blind? may seem unlikely now but you never know...

LiL PaKi
03-25-2009, 03:56 PM
I was going to do it, but they said I should wait a couple years..

the lasik people themselves told u?

I need to set up a pre-op... they told me i cant wear my contacts for 3 days straight before the exam though...

LiL PaKi
03-25-2009, 03:57 PM
and what if 30 yrs down the road it makes you blind? may seem unlikely now but you never know...

then ummm.. i dunno it was meant for it to be.. and God had it planned for me ?

GTScoob
03-25-2009, 04:04 PM
My mom was a guinea pig for emory when they were experimenting with the procedure 15yrs ago and she has some issues with nighttime driving. But when she got hers done, there was one laser doing the reshaping, when I got mine done 2 yrs ago I think I had 15-20 lasers reshaping my cornea. Even still she insisted that me and my two sisters each get lasik when we turned 21 and our eyes stabilized.

I'd say the procedure is almost perfect, I was in and out within an hour when I had it done, each eye took ~15seconds, the rest was waiting for the sedative to kick in so there was no chance of me fidgeting.

I had an amazing experience, the people at Emory Healthcare were very friendly. I do think it costs more there than elsewhere but I got a Delta discount and a legacy discount since my older sister and mother had each previously had the procedure there. I'm 20/15 every day now and dont have to worry about contacts or glasses anymore. I've got lifetime adjustments but my vision has not gotten any worse since the day of the surgery.

Frög
03-25-2009, 04:55 PM

I need to set up a pre-op... they told me i cant wear my contacts for 3 days straight before the exam though...

Yeah, this was a year or two ago.. Now I should be good, like GTscoob said, you have to be 21 or so..

The Youngn
03-25-2009, 10:17 PM

My brother had an appointment to get his done and chickened out so we didnt want to leave the people hanging. So called to set and appointment to get me checked for qualification the day before his appointment was. They told me to just not wear my contacts that night and it would be fine. Went in and came out with the procedure done.

Highly, highly, highly recommended. My quote was the same $1600 an eye with lifetime warranty but they gave me $300 off since i got it done the first time they saw me. Talk to them and they'll be able to do something for you. LasikPlus in Buckhead for me though:D

LiL PaKi
03-26-2009, 09:32 AM
ok I feel confortable now.. thanks guys :)

My pre-op is Saturday morning... if all goes well.. I'll be wearing a set of new eyes Saturday :)

LiL PaKi
03-26-2009, 09:49 AM

_Christian_
03-26-2009, 09:57 AM
I can't wait to get lasik...

The Youngn
03-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Its normal. Part of the healing process. I was out driving at night the next night and they'll give you drops for your eyes to keep them from drying. They tell you that you will be seeing halos and stuff for a month but mine was done in 2 weeks max?? Been 2.5 years since I had mine done

The Ninja
03-27-2009, 02:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL01H65Gf54

LiL PaKi
09-16-2009, 02:17 PM
ok so it's been like 5 1/2 months... I get dry eyes sometimes.. and night vision sucksssssssssssss... I get head aches.. I have another appt in a couple days lets see how it goes...

FreeMyndz
09-26-2009, 11:13 PM
that really caught my eye.

lol...no pun intended...right?

But no, I'm glad to see everything went well for you...I've been scaring myself out of doing it for YEARS now...

I might have to look into it now...

Julio
09-27-2009, 07:21 AM
ok so it's been like 5 1/2 months... I get dry eyes sometimes.. and night vision sucksssssssssssss... I get head aches.. I have another appt in a couple days lets see how it goes...

Wow, you are honestly the 1st person I read about having issues after 5 month.

Hopefully is nothing serious and part of the healing process.

Keep us updated.

ruah_23
09-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Do you have problems with glares? esp if u don't wear ur shades during the day? I always have that problem all the time!

LiL PaKi
09-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Wow, you are honestly the 1st person I read about having issues after 5 month.

Hopefully is nothing serious and part of the healing process.

Keep us updated.

well my vision isn't PERFECT.. they said no ones ever is.. my right eye has more of a perscription needed than my left eye... I think i'm going to get lasik done again on my right eye.. and then later do my left eye again... I have to repeat the scariest 5mins of my life.. :(

Do you have problems with glares? esp if u don't wear ur shades during the day? I always have that problem all the time!

yes sir!

LiL PaKi
10-19-2009, 08:59 AM
I had my Lasik Redone Saturday... Thank God it went well.. but I really wont know the outcome for a few months.. hopefully my eyes will be fine this time...

mocha latte cupcake
10-19-2009, 09:09 AM
:cry: sorry aisha, but i'm so scared of wearing any crazy eye opening head gear i'd definately need a GOOD i mean GOOD sedative, needles, lazer, crazy moving objects and people keepin my eyes open... wow. i need to get this done for all the issues i have with my contacts and what not but srsly... wow just wow. :cry: i'm glad everything went well with you though

LiL PaKi
10-19-2009, 09:58 AM
:cry: sorry aisha, but i'm so scared of wearing any crazy eye opening head gear i'd definately need a GOOD i mean GOOD sedative, needles, lazer, crazy moving objects and people keepin my eyes open... wow. i need to get this done for all the issues i have with my contacts and what not but srsly... wow just wow. :cry: i'm glad everything went well with you though

dude it was the scariest thing in my life..i'm usually not afraid of things but i had to go through it twice.. first the scare of having this thing clamping my eyes open making you not be able to blink and watching a flashing light.. have pressure put on ur eye, going blind for a lil bit and just not seeing anything at all.. then see them putting something over ur eye and watching everything.. ughhh... then its just the scare of going blind :(

right now my left eye seems perfect.. my right eye is still a lil weak.. pray that it gets better in the coming months.. I would hate to have to go through it AGAIN!!

donovan772
10-19-2009, 02:37 PM
They should get better, I'm prolly gonna get mine done when I turn 18. the only thing that scares me is the knife they scrape your eye with.

LiL PaKi
10-20-2009, 11:01 AM
They should get better, I'm prolly gonna get mine done when I turn 18. the only thing that scares me is the knife they scrape your eye with.

there are 2 different kinds.. the cheaper one consists of them cutting it with a knife.. the more expensive one is the laser does it for you... I chose the laser cuz i dont trust someone with a knife either

donovan772
10-20-2009, 10:04 PM
there are 2 different kinds.. the cheaper one consists of them cutting it with a knife.. the more expensive one is the laser does it for you... I chose the laser cuz i dont trust someone with a knife either

yeah. I'll prolly try for just the laser. If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost you and where did you get it done at?

LiL PaKi
10-21-2009, 08:31 AM
yeah. I'll prolly try for just the laser. If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost you and where did you get it done at?

I went to LasikPlus in Gwinnett... the total was around $4,000 but I had a couple discounts.. $500 discount from their site.. another $500 from my insurance and then they offered 2 years no interest.

Ms Dollar
10-23-2009, 08:33 PM
I decided against it because the money just wasn't right and also they told me if you ever get pregnant then your eyesight can change and you will need the procedure again.

Also they told me that my eyesight wouldn't get better for a couple of weeks and I would have to get it redone every couple of years because of the type of vision I have....oh well.

How are things going with your eyes Aisha??

bimmergirrl
10-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Thinking of getting this done.
Sounds sooo scary! But I mean I am sooooo blind. I cant drive at night and I cant see a liscence plate thats just 5 ft in front of me. ehh. lol

LiL PaKi
11-09-2009, 10:44 AM
I decided against it because the money just wasn't right and also they told me if you ever get pregnant then your eyesight can change and you will need the procedure again.

Also they told me that my eyesight wouldn't get better for a couple of weeks and I would have to get it redone every couple of years because of the type of vision I have....oh well.

How are things going with your eyes Aisha??

things are getting better.. thanks for asking..

The Ren
11-09-2009, 10:51 AM
My mom had hers done out here at Northside forsyth by Dr. Blue.. he did an awesome job and she is very happy..

iNsTuN nOoDoH
11-09-2009, 06:45 PM
wow, times must be real rough for them... I had mine done 3 years ago for 2700. It's still the best investment I've ever put my money into. Wish I could've done it sooner though.

Julio
11-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Jusy a reminder guys... This takes about 20 seconds.. you wont have time to get scared.. lmao..

easy shit..