PDA

View Full Version : I'm doing this speech

The Ninja
03-25-2009, 08:26 AM
....about .... well I'm not exactly sure what about. I was thinking about doing it about Ferrari's manufacturing plant in Maranello, Italy, but I'm not sure I can squeeze 4min of at least semi-interesting information out of that. Anyone have any constructive ideas? Green and :boobies: for good ideas. BTW, its due at 12, lol.

Frög
03-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Porsche Racing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXZ4-ffnfyM)

tron
03-25-2009, 08:52 AM
abortion or any touchy issue
i had to do one last week it turned out to be 8 minutes long lol

EJ25RUN
03-25-2009, 08:55 AM
You can squeeze four mins out of anything. That's how i passed speach without even preparing.

1. Anyways, Ferrari's plant has interesting things about it. For one, their use of trees to keep the oxygen level right. The facilitites wind tunnel and F1 test circuit.....

2. Honda's hatred of two strokes can be justified.

3. Chinese auto industries abuse of trademarks and copyrights by cheaply cloning vehicles from other countries and selling as their own.

4. Why diesels are better than hybrids.

Is that what you're looking for?

The Ninja
03-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Yea....but I just found out about this FCX Clarity that was on Top Gear. Shit seems like the future of cars for real.

For the unenlightened ones: Check This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOfzbaglUOo) and This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCX_Clarity) out.

Thanks Brandon.

Good ideas though guys, but I think I might go with the "future of cars" idea.

The Ninja
03-25-2009, 09:05 AM
abortion or any touchy issue
i had to do one last week it turned out to be 8 minutes long lol

Meh, those are boring and over-done. People tend to zone out when you bring up such issues in a simple speech.

tron
03-25-2009, 09:06 AM
i guess you wanted something car related...my bad
good luck with your speech man

The Ninja
03-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Porsche Racing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXZ4-ffnfyM)

Checking this out.

The Ninja
03-25-2009, 09:07 AM
i guess you wanted something car related...my bad
good luck with your speech man

Thanks, appreciate it.

tron
03-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Meh, those are boring and over-done. People tend to zone out when you bring up such issues in a simple speech.

yea but its easy and it only has to be 4 min
plus it almost always starts a debate of some kind

Frög
03-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Yea....but I just found out about this FCX Clarity that was on Top Gear. Shit seems like the future of cars for real.

For the unenlightened ones: Check This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOfzbaglUOo) and This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCX_Clarity) out.

Thanks Brandon.

Good ideas though guys, but I think I might go with the "future of cars" idea.

LOL @ jay leno! I love this guy:

"See in America, we like everyone to know about the good we are doing anonymously."

:lmfao:

The Ninja
03-25-2009, 09:18 AM
LOL @ jay leno! I love this guy:

"See in America, we like everyone to know about the good we are doing anonymously."

I know, lol. I liked the volleyball girls part, when he was explaining the engine. LOL top gear ftw.

BKgen®
03-25-2009, 09:33 AM
:goodjob:

The Ninja
03-25-2009, 09:35 AM
:goodjob:

Repped. :bowdown:

gtrmonkey
03-25-2009, 09:39 AM
You could talk about the GTR Vs Turbo Rivalary since the 80's

The Ninja
03-25-2009, 09:41 AM

See, unless you're an enthusiast, that iss a rather boring topic. =/

Frög
03-25-2009, 09:43 AM

Hope you are not referring to the 911 Turbo.. Because if so, LOL @ 80's and you sir are an idiot..

BKgen®
03-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Hope you are not referring to the 911 Turbo.. Because if so, LOL @ 80's and you sir are an idiot..

beat me to it :lmfao:

gtrmonkey
03-25-2009, 10:14 AM
The Porsche 959 was Nissan's target when designing the GT-R. The chief engineer, Naganori Itoh, intended to use the car for Group A racing, so the design specification was drawn up in conjunction with a copy of the Group A rules. The Nordschleife production car record at the time of development was 8'45" - set by a Porsche 944. Nissan test driver Hiroyoshi Katoh reset the record with a time of 8'20".[11] Best Motoring managed 8'22"38

WIKI

gtrmonkey
03-25-2009, 10:20 AM
If this doesn't sound fimliar, and you don't see this Rivalary was before 2007 then your an idiot. lol :)

TheGodfather
03-25-2009, 10:21 AM
LOL at frog having a hard on for Porsche, when clearly Ferrari is exponentially better of a topic.

Frög
03-25-2009, 10:23 AM
The Porsche 959 was Nissan's target when designing the GT-R. The chief engineer, Naganori Itoh, intended to use the car for Group A racing, so the design specification was drawn up in conjunction with a copy of the Group A rules. The Nordschleife production car record at the time of development was 8'45" - set by a Porsche 944. Nissan test driver Hiroyoshi Katoh reset the record with a time of 8'20".[11] Best Motoring managed 8'22"38

WIKI

You are a god damn dumbass.. What does any of that have to do with the Porsche 911 Turbo vs GTR rivalry?

You have quoted a passage referring to the Porsche 959 (which is a supercar) and a Porsche 944 ( which is a shit Porsche).. The Turbo vs. GTR "rivalry" is only since the new GTR you idiot.. Because the 959 (which isn't the turbo, NOOB) was a benchmark, didn't make it a rivalry.. There is a HUGE diference between a "benchmark" and a "rivalry"..

God damn it, go back to reading Nissan promotional catalogs.. You should not ever mention Porsche in any of your posts..

http://jalopnik.com/5071142/what-started-the-porsche-vs-nissan-rivalry

The Alpina-renault A110 was a rival of the early 911 models..

Frög
03-25-2009, 10:24 AM
LOL at frog having a hard on for Porsche, when clearly Ferrari is exponentially better of a topic.

Actually, Porsche is more successful than Ferrari.. They have more winnings than any other automaker..

Porsche (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXZ4-ffnfyM)

TheGodfather
03-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Too bad they don't look as good.

Clearly Ferrari is the superior auto-brand out of the two, regardless of who won more races.

That's like being the smartest kid at the special olympics.

81911SC
03-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Too bad they don't look as good.

Clearly Ferrari is the superior auto-brand out of the two, regardless of who won more races.

That's like being the smartest kid at the special olympics.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao ::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
O hey, lets ignore facts because it interfers with our opinion. :lmfao::lmfao:

Frög
03-25-2009, 10:32 AM

That's like being the smartest kid at the special olympics.

Wow you are dumb.. Even dumber than I thought..

TheGodfather
03-25-2009, 10:33 AM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:: lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
O hey, lets ignore facts because it interfers with our opinion. :lmfao::lmfao:

Oh, so whoever won more races is the superior car brand? Never knew that's why people decide which car is better.

You're another guy who gets hard for Porsches, gtfo.

TheGodfather
03-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Wow you are dumb..

And you think you're hot shit because you drive some krautmobile.

Frög
03-25-2009, 10:36 AM
And you think you're hot shit because you drive some krautmobile.

Not at all.. I would be the exact same, and WAS the exact same when I drove a Honda.. Its funny that every time I argue with someone, they say something along these lines..

Sad you have to resort to this..

81911SC
03-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Oh, so whoever won more races is the superior car brand? Never knew that's why people decide which car is better.

You're another guy who gets hard for Porsches, gtfo.That's not the only reason, champ.

gtrmonkey
03-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Hey Frog 959 is not a 911. Are you sure, really sure about that?

Frög
03-25-2009, 10:39 AM

You're another guy who gets hard for Porsches, gtfo.

Well in this case, arguing between Porsche and Ferrari where both brand's number one priority is automobile racing, and out of all automobile manufacturers are the most involved, and spend more money/time/resources on racing than any other because their image depends on it... YES..

TheGodfather
03-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Not at all.. I would be the exact same, and WAS the exact same when I drove a Honda.. Its funny that every time I argue with someone, they say something along these lines..

Sad you have to resort to this..

No, it comes with the territory. Driving some expensive Porsche and all of the sudden you're the man.

Only someone who thinks they are the man would brag about being french...

And 81911, thanks for calling me champ. Appreciate the compliment. :goodjob:

Frög
03-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Hey Frog 959 is not a 911. Are you sure, really sure about that?

Yes, a 959 is not a 911 Turbo.. I see what you are trying to get to here, please continue so I can own you..

TheGodfather
03-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Well in this case, arguing between Porsche and Ferrari where both brand's number one priority is automobile racing, and out of all automobile manufacturers are the most involved, and spend more money/time/resources on racing than any other because their image depends on it... YES..

I don't give a shit about the racing though, so my idea of being a stellar company doesn't revolve around that. I'm sure that isn't the only thing they care about. And Ferraris look much better, have a faster top of the line car, have a more diverse lineup of cars, and overall a better automobile brand.

Frög
03-25-2009, 10:45 AM
No, it comes with the territory. Driving some expensive Porsche and all of the sudden you're the man.

Only someone who thinks they are the man would brag about being french...

You are pitiful.. Just because you are dumb and have proven so in every fucking thread where you and I have argued make me better than you.. This has nothing to do with what car I drive..

81911SC
03-25-2009, 10:46 AM
I don't give a shit about the racing though, so my idea of being a stellar company doesn't revolve around that. I'm sure that isn't the only thing they care about. And Ferraris look much better, have a faster top of the line car, have a more diverse lineup of cars, and overall a better automobile brand.:lmfao::lmfao:
1st- That's an opinon. So you can't say that works out for all people.
2nd. Faster top of the line car? In what area? Topspeed? That means nothing really.
3rd. They DO NOT have a more diverse line up. No SUV. Look at all the different kinds of Porsches. Way more than Ferrari.
4th. Overall, how so? Build quality? Yes. Reliability? FUCK no.
Sorry, try again.

Frög
03-25-2009, 10:49 AM
I don't give a shit about the racing though, so my idea of being a stellar company doesn't revolve around that. I'm sure that isn't the only thing they care about. And Ferraris look much better, have a faster top of the line car, have a more diverse lineup of cars, and overall a better automobile brand.

Holy shit you are dumb and know nothing about cars! This is why:

1st:
Yes, Ferrari and Porsche care mostly about racing.. Their companies revolve around racing..

2nd:
More diverse lineup of cars? Porsche has SUV's, coming out with a sedan, etc.. etc.. Ferrari has sport cars..

3rd:
"Ferrari's look better" is an argument? That's a personal opinion you dip shit..

TheGodfather
03-25-2009, 10:51 AM
You are pitiful.. Just because you are dumb and have proven so in every fucking thread where you and I have argued make me better than you.. This has nothing to do with what car I drive..

The attitude you portray is indicative of the car you drive. The holier than thou idea you come off as.

F1 goes to Ferrari hands down. They are the standard for F1 racing.

In LeMans they haven't won in a while, but up into the 70's they were dominant.

Porsche hasn't been super for a while either.

CAYENNE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A PORSCHE ENGINE.

Why the fuck would Ferrari spend time developing a mommy mobile? What would be the point of that?

They trump Porsche in many areas, but those who are Porsche drivers get so hard over their brand they can't see past it.

Frög
03-25-2009, 10:55 AM
The attitude you portray is indicative of the car you drive. The holier than thou idea you come off as.

LOL what about every fucking one of your posts that has the "holier than thou" attitude..

Seriously, look at your post's history..

It is pitiful you have to resort to my car argument.. Usually, only jealous people do that.. :thinking:

TheGodfather
03-25-2009, 10:57 AM
LOL what about every fucking one of your posts that has the "holier than thou" attitude..

Seriously, look at your post's history..

It is pitiful you have to resort to my car argument.. Usually, only jealous people do that.. :thinking:

Lol. I'm sarcastic and joking mostly, you're just a prick.

And jealous of a your car? Nope. I'd never own one. Sorry chief.

Frög
03-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Why the fuck would Ferrari spend time developing a mommy mobile? What would be the point of that?

They did.. Once again, you have proven you know nothing about cars.. You claim to like Ferrari when you know nothing about them..

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/214479/ferrari_suv.html

Elbow
03-25-2009, 10:58 AM

They trump Porsche in many areas, but those who are Porsche drivers get so hard over their brand they can't see past it.

Ummm ok come on now....

Porsche has always been dominant.

Frög
03-25-2009, 10:59 AM

Elbow
The End.

Frög
Lol. I'm sarcastic and joking mostly, you're just a prick.

Actually, no.. I'm sarcastic and joking mostly..

Elbow
03-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Actually, no.. I'm sarcastic and joking mostly..

Don't worry I'd trade my balls for your car.

TheGodfather
03-25-2009, 11:02 AM
That was fun while it lasted, but I gotta get back to class.

Fuck you guys. I don't care that I'm not responding. You didn't own me. And Ferrari doesn't have a SUV right now, so forget that.

Enjoy driving your nazimobile. :gay:

Elbow
03-25-2009, 11:04 AM
What's wrong with a 500+hp SUV that handles better then half the regular cars on the road, and can still go off roading like a mofo? lol

Frög
03-25-2009, 11:05 AM
That was fun while it lasted, but I gotta get back to class.

Fuck you guys. I don't care that I'm not responding. You didn't own me. And Ferrari doesn't have a SUV right now, so forget that.

Enjoy driving your nazimobile. :gay:

Pitiful, every car argument you attempted failed..

Yes, I will enjoy driving my nazimobile.. in the mean time, enjoy driving your kamikazemobile :gay:

gtrmonkey
03-25-2009, 11:05 AM
No Doubt Porsche as the most successful automotive racing record. Hell they won the dakar rally in 1986.

But Comparing them with Ferrari is a joke. Ferrari doesn't care about anything besides F1. That it.

81911SC
03-25-2009, 11:07 AM

They trump Porsche in many areas, but those who are Porsche drivers get so hard over their brand they can't see past it.You mean the 60's Ferrari won. Porsche won 5 times in the 70's. Look it up. And they same reason Ferrari would make a "mommy mobile" would be the same reason they started making production cars in the first place, for RACING.
You have no idea what you're talking about. :lmfao:

81911SC
03-25-2009, 11:09 AM
I bet he's never even driven one, or a Ferrari.
Ibhesayshehas. LOL. I don't even think Ferrari has won at Le mans since the 60's. ~scratching head~

Elbow
03-25-2009, 11:09 AM
No Doubt Porsche as the most successful automotive racing record. Hell they won the dakar rally in 1986.

But Comparing them with Ferrari is a joke. Ferrari doesn't care about anything besides F1. That it.

That's also not true...lol...at all.

They do spend their factory time mostly on F1 yes, but there is Ferrari Challenge, their ALMS effort, FIA effort, etc. True not 100% factory, but hey...they are giving Porsche a run for their money.

Frög
03-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Don't worry I'd trade my balls for your car.

LOL

Frög
03-25-2009, 11:11 AM
I bet he's never even driven one, or a Ferrari.
Ibhesayshehas. LOL. I don't even think Ferrari has won at Le mans since the 60's. ~scratching head~

Seriously.. Because if he ever did, he would know Ferrari is completely 100% race centered..

Elbow
03-25-2009, 11:12 AM
I see EJ25 looking to clear things up lol.

81911SC
03-25-2009, 11:13 AM
I see EJ25 looking to clear things up lol.Thank God.
I know he searches Porsche and Ferrari and Le mans daily.. :lmfao:

Elbow
03-25-2009, 11:15 AM

Drive a Ferrari, they aren't nice little luxury sporty cars lol, they are definitely 100% we built a race car now made it for the street.

Frög
03-25-2009, 11:16 AM
It is pitiful you have to resort to my car argument.. Usually, only jealous people do that..:thinking:

Don't doubt that.. Hence: "usually" and ":thinking:"

EJ25RUN
03-25-2009, 11:26 AM

Not really. First off, Enzo only made street cars to fund his F1 team. He was going to make power tools so making that comparo is a bit off. Choosing where to spend the money is another reason 1972 was the last year Ferrari ran in the world sports car championship.

Porsche's F1 history isn't to shabby either. They won in the 60's with a car of their own construction and in the 80's, the Tag branded McLaren Porsche won 3 consecutive titles for Lauda and Prost.

Porsche has never seen F1 as a viable option for them as the go racing to promote and prove their road cars. It is a fact that Ferry Porsche decided to go racing because he couldn't afford advertising in the 50's.

Ferrari on the other hand exists to race F1. That is why they have participated in every F1 season since 1950.

Uh, make that 70's, 80's and 90's

The reason they havn't returned in the 2000s is because an Audi Porsche rivalry in the same class wouldn't make sense. Besides that, Porsche has spent this decade focusing on GT racing.

Super? Porsche became the third most expensive brand in the world in 2008.

They are slightly behind BMW and Toyota. If anything, they are doing incredibly well. That is why in the next ten years, we will see much more diverse models from their line up.

Uh, yeah it does. If you're taking about the new diesel version, Porsche is above VW which is above Audi. Porsche is estentially GM so any engine from VW group is also Porsche's.

They wont because Ferrari is Italian and represents itself as a purist sports car brand.

Porsche is German and has higher expectations especially in the new economy. As i said earlier, expect new things you didn't expect in the coming years.

Porsche has been #1 in consumer reports initial quality study every year since 2006 and i'm sure they'll take that again in 2009.

Ferrari's are cars that live in garages. Porsches take you anywhere in the world with the owner knowing they will get there with no problems. Ferrari owners dont have that peace of mind.

Side note. You are very opinionated but have no knowledge of what you're taking about. Try to change that.

Elbow
03-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Owned...

Frög
03-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Owned..

gtrmonkey
03-25-2009, 11:33 AM
WOw

_Christian_
03-25-2009, 11:34 AM
OWNED...

gtrmonkey
03-25-2009, 11:49 AM
I love this site. lol

EJ25RUN
03-25-2009, 12:01 PM
I see EJ25 looking to clear things up lol.

Wow, i just saw this lol.

BKgen®
03-25-2009, 12:45 PM
PORSCHES & FERRARIS ARE BOTH FTMFW

NOW SHUT THE HELL UP ALL OF YOU

DJ Maestro
03-25-2009, 12:48 PM
PORSCHES & FERRARIS ARE BOTH FTMFW

NOW SHUT THE HELL UP ALL OF YOU

http://images.shoutwire.com/pic_full/rage_jpg5958274b-8ba4-4adf-b8c0-8141d9c4b917.jpg

EJ25RUN
03-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Hyundai owners in their own world lol ^

:taun:

The Ninja
03-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Mmk...Well...

On Topic: I didn't have to do my speech today, so i have nearly a week before I have to do mine, lol.

Off Topic:
#1: They are both great car manufacturing companies.
#2: All the Porsche "nut hangers" did completely school you.
#3: I'd love to own at least one of both at some point in my life. I'll make my preferential judgment then, but until then I'll just say I like them both. I've never driven either, though I've sat in a Ferrari (which doesn't mean shit but my ass cheeks > your ass cheeks)

#4: I didn't do my paper on either of them. I did it on a Honda, because I believe Honda is a superior company over all. :lmfao:

gtrmonkey
03-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Porsche Nutswingers= Really 911 nutswings.

Frög
03-25-2009, 02:48 PM

1st

That makes no sense..

2nd

Porsche Nutswingers > Nissan fan boys..

EJ25RUN
03-25-2009, 08:54 PM

Ahh...i could make an argument for both.

Many years ago, my favorite Porsche was the 550.

gtrmonkey
03-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Ej25run. Do you believe the Cayman is a Better platform then the 911

SpeedMonkey
03-25-2009, 11:44 PM
who cares about porsche.. i mean its cool if you can afford one, but a ferrari is still a ferrari.

if you can't come up with 4 minutes of interesting shit about ferrari... well then you can probably talk about the cute dress you saw at the mall for about 45 minutes. fagg0t.

gtrmonkey
03-26-2009, 12:08 AM
1st

That makes no sense..

2nd

Porsche Nutswingers > Nissan fan boys..

First the only car you claim that is a true Pcar is a 911.

Second I am not a nissan fanboy I use to own a 911 Sc

Catnip
03-26-2009, 12:29 AM
Here's my speech:
I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation.

Five score years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed the Emancipation Proclamation. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Negro slaves who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity.

But one hundred years later, the Negro still is not free. One hundred years later, the life of the Negro is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. One hundred years later, the Negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. One hundred years later, the Negro is still languished in the corners of American society and finds himself an exile in his own land. And so we've come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.

In a sense we've come to our nation's capital to cash a check. When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all men, yes, black men as well as white men, would be guaranteed the "unalienable Rights" of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." It is obvious today that America has defaulted on this promissory note, insofar as her citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, America has given the Negro people a bad check, a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds."

But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. And so, we've come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice.

We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind America of the fierce urgency of Now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God's children.

It would be fatal for the nation to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering summer of the Negro's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. Nineteen sixty-three is not an end, but a beginning. And those who hope that the Negro needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. And there will be neither rest nor tranquility in America until the Negro is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again, we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force.

The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to a distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom.

We cannot walk alone.

And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead.

We cannot turn back.

There are those who are asking the devotees of civil rights, "When will you be satisfied?" We can never be satisfied as long as the Negro is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of police brutality. We can never be satisfied as long as our bodies, heavy with the fatigue of travel, cannot gain lodging in the motels of the highways and the hotels of the cities. We cannot be satisfied as long as the negro's basic mobility is from a smaller ghetto to a larger one. We can never be satisfied as long as our children are stripped of their self-hood and robbed of their dignity by signs stating: "For Whites Only." We cannot be satisfied as long as a Negro in Mississippi cannot vote and a Negro in New York believes he has nothing for which to vote. No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until "justice rolls down like waters, and righteousness like a mighty stream."¹

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from narrow jail cells. And some of you have come from areas where your quest -- quest for freedom left you battered by the storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of police brutality. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive. Go back to Mississippi, go back to Alabama, go back to South Carolina, go back to Georgia, go back to Louisiana, go back to the slums and ghettos of our northern cities, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed.

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."2

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the South with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing.

Land where my fathers died, land of the Pilgrim's pride,

From every mountainside, let freedom ring!

And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true.

And so let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire.

Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York.

Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania.

Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Rockies of Colorado.

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California.

But not only that:

Let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia.

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee.

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi.

From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!

blaknoize
03-26-2009, 01:53 AM
Oh... well, its after 12 so...