PDA

View Full Version : IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE

primespark22
03-24-2009, 04:20 PM
what would be the signs of it going bad or what are the effects if it is bad,my car car is out of safe mode yet i cant get past 5k rpms and alot of people are saying that this might be why,??

Zhu
03-24-2009, 04:29 PM
umm well for me, the check engine light kicked on and I noticed idle rpms were tons loer and led to it being easier to stall... but then I cleaned it out and it was all good.
I doubt that's the solution to your problem because the name "idle" in IACV suggests that it only messes with your idle... but I could be wrong.

punkr6
03-24-2009, 04:31 PM
signs of bad iacv

Idle RPM too high
Idle fluctuating wildly
Idle RPM too low and/or erratic
Idle fluctuating when loads occur to the engine
Fast idle too low for cold starts

primespark22
03-24-2009, 04:39 PM
ok so ill give it a good clean, but this wouldnt be causing the problem right?

Barefoot
03-24-2009, 08:29 PM
but this wouldnt be causing the problem right?nope

scttydb411
03-24-2009, 08:35 PM
signs of bad iacv

Idle RPM too high
Idle fluctuating wildly
Idle RPM too low and/or erratic
Idle fluctuating when loads occur to the engine
Fast idle too low for cold starts

also bad/jerky light throttle cruising.

scttydb411
03-24-2009, 08:39 PM
to the op:

is this a chipped ecu w/ a launch control at 5k? if so and you don't have a cel the speed sensor is bad, but it still communicates diagnostic voltage to the ecu without communicating any speed voltage. that'll cause it to not throw a cel, but will also tell the ecu that you are standing still even though you are rolling=hitting the launch limiter.

VickNotic
03-25-2009, 09:10 AM
also bad/jerky light throttle cruising.

i think your right, cause thats what my car is doing .. hmm maybe a little cleaning wouldn't hurt.. 8D thanks

primespark22
03-30-2009, 05:59 PM
are b series iacv interchangeable or not and how bout d series

punkr6
03-30-2009, 06:01 PM
are b series iacv interchangeable or not and how bout d series

b-series yes...

primespark22
03-30-2009, 06:14 PM
ok thanks dude..........+1

TheChosenOne
08-20-2009, 06:11 PM
SEARCHING FTMFW!!! I was itching to blurt the most obnoxious thread title to get fast help, but I chilled for a second, meandered through my many flame memories, and almost like a wet titty in a KY wrestling match... SSCCHMMAAACKKKKKK!!!! THE SEARCH TAB!!! This ingenious creation, spawned by Al Gore The Internet God, himself. :D

But seriously... I'm pattin' my own back for searching. An essential skill that seemingly is not easily attained by many young IA'ers, such as myself. My car has been a bigger pain in my back than you could imagine, and now, becasue I SEARCHED, I'm almost positive my IACV is the culprit of my phacked up idle.

Good Day. ;)