PDA

View Full Version : Motor swap

Robby
03-24-2009, 12:04 PM
I am doing a b18b1 motor swap into my 97 civic, and I am really unfamiliar with doing this. I have everything I need except the mounts. What kind of mounts do I need, cheapest that will work the best, what is the best kind of mount. Can I use b18b1 stock mounts and not have to do extra work? Can someone tell me?

STRteg
03-24-2009, 12:09 PM
I am doing a b18b1 motor swap into my 97 civic, and I am really unfamiliar with doing this. I have everything I need except the mounts. What kind of mounts do I need, cheapest that will work the best, what is the best kind of mount. Can I use b18b1 stock mounts and not have to do extra work? Can someone tell me?

Just drop it in with stock mounts from B series your good to go:cheers:

SixSquared
03-24-2009, 01:13 PM

The stock mounts should work... not 100% sure cause I mainly stick with EG chassis cars, not the later ones.

As far as the best? Innovative. Hands down. And they're well priced for aftermarket mounts. Take a look. www.innovativemounts.com

Barefoot
03-24-2009, 02:39 PM
on the 97 u need all si model model not just any b series mount will work. also spend the money now get u a solid model to replace that driver side vac mount.

NOCLUE
03-24-2009, 03:05 PM
ebay 1z will be fine, i mean if you going 2 be runin hard then you should think about the more $ 1z

Robby
03-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Well, I only have 3 mounts holding my d series in. If stock B mounts. I want aftermarket just in case later on I feel like building it more. But when I look up the mounts, it comes back with 3 mounts and 1 bracket. Shouldn't their be 3 brackets? And if not, could I use my d series?

VickNotic
03-25-2009, 08:57 AM
i do believe you'll need to run the Dseries mount on the driver side if stock mounts only, and the passenger side bseries mount will fit right on, and you'll need a bseries t bracket & mount and you should be good to go 8D .. and again on the driver side mount you could use the bseries driver side mount but you'll have to do some cutting and stuff i 4got. it's been awhile since i last did a swap on a 96+ civic

Sammich
03-25-2009, 08:58 AM
i believe all of your D series mounts, except one will actually work. i forgot which one though, but i believe its a tranny mount if i remember correctly

Robby
03-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Ok, I don't want to have to cut anything but I will try my stock mounts first, then I will try stock b mounts. I don't really want to have to buy alot if I dont have to.

Sammich
03-25-2009, 10:30 AM
D series and B series are cousins...so they can utilize alot of the same parts...if ur strapped for money u can use some parts temporarily til u get enough money to get the real deal

Robby
03-25-2009, 10:53 AM
I have money, I just get it weekly and I can't save for crap. But I guess I can just try. I just have an extra 600 this week and I need to buy axles and get mounts. So I can get my car running before summer actually gets here.

Sammich
03-25-2009, 10:54 AM
do what u need to, but make sure you shop around.

Captain-Obvious™
03-25-2009, 11:11 AM
the d series mounts should work...pretty sure you just have to replace the drivers side mount...thats how my old set up and a friend's are...and they both work just fine

Black4DrEK
03-25-2009, 11:36 AM
600 bucks is Fine.... Go to ebay and get the AVID motor mounts. They were like $250-300 something like that. I have them, there stiff and durable just as the Hasport mounts and you still have enuff to get axles......

punkr6
03-25-2009, 12:04 PM
all the info you need...

http://hybrid.honda-perf.org/tech/6gtech.html

josh94civic
03-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Well, I only have 3 mounts holding my d series in. If stock B mounts. I want aftermarket just in case later on I feel like building it more. But when I look up the mounts, it comes back with 3 mounts and 1 bracket. Shouldn't their be 3 brackets? And if not, could I use my d series?

i droped a b18c1 in my 94 civic and i only have 3 mounts. works just fine.:goodjob:

Robby
03-25-2009, 03:56 PM
See, my driver said upper mount is broken. I didn't have a bottom mount. That was out a long time ago. I have the passenger side tranny mount and the pain in the rear mount behind in the engine. This is the most complicated part I have faced. I can put together a whole engine in no time but I am having so many problems understanding this. I will just try it today and come back.