PDA

View Full Version : Misc weight gain

hmong_Spec
03-24-2009, 10:44 AM
ok, i am around 115 to 120 pounds. i want to get to the 130s or 140. ill be really happy if i get to 150. but what can i do? i know proteins work, but im high metabolism, however you spell it. and to busy working out everyday. is there any way for me to gain all that weight? also, i don't really want to spend to much money. What should i do IA people?

Ed
03-24-2009, 10:46 AM
eat mcdonalds everyday you scrawny motherfucker.

haha

hmong_Spec
03-24-2009, 10:50 AM
to much money there. but hey, im not like those skinny people who is all bone and see their ribs and everything. i happen to be all built. abs and chest and everything. i think im pretty strong for my size. benching 135 pounds. incline stronger than some people. got some shoulder muscles. i see some people that are 125 and they are not even as strong as me, to be honest, they dont even look as big as i do. lol.

eat mcdonalds everyday you scrawny motherfucker.

haha

batlude
03-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Eat... eat.... eat... and eat!! :D weight gainer is always a helper too if you can't seem to get enough calories. Hit the weight and stay constant man! give yourself a 1-2 rest days but no more than that. You want to stay in a anabolic state at all time! hope that help!

One_Bad_SHO
03-24-2009, 01:58 PM
It's going to be real hard to put on that kind of weight on a tight budget. You need CALORIES. LOTS of them.

Cheap Calories/Protein

1.)Eat a PB&J every night before bed. Use wheat bread. That will cost you about $6.00 for a weeks supply. It's going to get old real fast so make sure you alternate your flavors of jelly.

2.)Boiled eggs are rich in protein. A carton of eggs will cost roughly $3. I used to eat 5 every morning. Beware... your farts will be deadly.

3.)Water. Drink it. A lot of it. All day.

That's about all I got for ya. Eat eat eat! If you decide to get weight gainer powder, I recommend mixing it with water. Sure, the extra calories milk provides is great (not to mention makes it taste better) but milk is hard to digest and the body will be unable to absorb all the calories... thus meaning you are wasting powder.

Oh, and lift HEAVY. Less reps, more weight. Follow it up with some creatine and protein!

Good luck dude.

Greddypacked
03-24-2009, 02:05 PM
When i was in Highschool i had the same problem. Though i was 155 benching over 225, and was MR. Triathalon lol. Anyways, having soccer practice 2 hrs a day, running 6 miles a day, and working out at the gym for 2 hrs a day can make an already fast metabolism even faster. I had probably 3 % percent body fat back then and the only way to keep meat on my bones and not having my muscles eat off each other I would have to eat great meals at each meal time and take in enough calories for your body to take in. I mean good sides, and good main course meal, weight gainer, 5-6 glasses of water a day and what not. Im not talking about a Peanut butter and jelly for lunch and a glass of milk for the right calories on a heavy work out. Drinking lots of water a day will keep you healthy, cleanse out the system and you will never really get sick. Alot of times i would take a supplement b4 i worked out, and eat a great meal afterwards. Never eat b4 you work out, unless it's a suppl. or snack to get you going. These were alot of things i did while i worked out massively and it worked. I mean i ran the 40 yrd dash in around 4.3, the mile in 6:17, and could out muscle guys twice my size. Got 2nd place in the SE bench press competition and even was asked to participate in JR. bodybuilding. Well im not like that anymore lol, but im still in pretty good shape. In order to keep in great shape you have to continually work out. Hope this helps out G/L.

ed_gm90
03-24-2009, 03:08 PM
i gained around 18lbs in 2 months with a good diet and supplements. oh and one thing you dont want to do is work out everyday. you have to give your muscles time to rest.

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
03-24-2009, 08:32 PM
When i was in Highschool i had the same problem. Though i was 155 benching over 225, and was MR. Triathalon lol. Anyways, having soccer practice 2 hrs a day, running 6 miles a day, and working out at the gym for 2 hrs a day can make an already fast metabolism even faster. I had probably 3 % percent body fat back then and the only way to keep meat on my bones and not having my muscles eat off each other I would have to eat great meals at each meal time and take in enough calories for your body to take in. I mean good sides, and good main course meal, weight gainer, 5-6 glasses of water a day and what not. Im not talking about a Peanut butter and jelly for lunch and a glass of milk for the right calories on a heavy work out. Drinking lots of water a day will keep you healthy, cleanse out the system and you will never really get sick. Alot of times i would take a supplement b4 i worked out, and eat a great meal afterwards. Never eat b4 you work out, unless it's a suppl. or snack to get you going. These were alot of things i did while i worked out massively and it worked. I mean i ran the 40 yrd dash in around 4.3, the mile in 6:17, and could out muscle guys twice my size. Got 2nd place in the SE bench press competition and even was asked to participate in JR. bodybuilding. Well im not like that anymore lol, but im still in pretty good shape. In order to keep in great shape you have to continually work out. Hope this helps out G/L.

im sorry but i call bs on some of the stuff you claim..in my experience when i was in college. every wr, rb, etc.. kid that came out of highschool claimed 4.4 or 4.5 times. of course i never believed most of them and took them out to the field to see what kind of speed they really had and of all the kids i have played football against on our rec fields about 50 of them were legit sub 4.5 speed. that was out of probably 600-1000 people i have played against over the years. being mr. triathlon a 6:17 is not fast at all for the mile actually its pretty bad if you were a soccer player and all this and that. its good if you can keep that pace for several miles, but just doing one all out mile its not that good. during highschool for our basketball conditioning i ran 6:30mile and i was well down the list for that. i was 5'5 135lb in highschool and put up a legit 245 during football season and i can still do around 225, 7 yrs later and i know im not strong now.I know people in your weight class that put up over 315 at state competitions and still didn't win. so i know there is no way you can be winning or asked to compete in bodybuilding events putting up that number. i dont doubt the fact that your strong but i just think your trying to puff your head up. your insights are okay for the topic but very traditional answers.

There is a nutritionist on this forum that the author should contact. in my experience for weight gain i always minimize cardio if possible. high weight low reps increases bulk but you need to continually confuse your muscles in order to keep gains. when i say confuse your muscles it means to switch up excercises constantly so that your muscles will not get use to a certain excercise. check out bodybuilding forums to help gain weight/mass. although that may not be your purpose they provide alot of help in gaining weight and mass properly. there are alot of weight gainers and supplements that work. i have used bsn products in the past and i experienced weight gains right off the bat. every body is different though so test around and ask questions. i know there is alot of people in here that lift all the time.

I work out at lifetime fitness so if you want to work out there i am there probably 5 days a week. i just lift to live a healthy lifestyle now so im not out to get huge but i can help you with what little i know about the area.

hmong_Spec
03-25-2009, 08:30 AM
yeah, i was drinking cell-tech. gained 5 pounds in a week. took a dump one morning, and all of it dissapeared lol. but yup, i ran a mile in 7 min. and 12 seconds. KNOWING THE FACT THAT I SMOKE, aND I BARELY RUN. but what do you guys recomand for proteins, or the snack bar.

Greddypacked
03-25-2009, 09:45 AM
^^^ Well a good source of food to take for calories is Pasta. For protein: fish, meat, eggs especially the white, and vegetarian foods. G/L.

dashy
03-31-2009, 04:57 AM
Whenever you milk, try having a banana with it. It helps the body gain some fat.

krisjun2002
03-31-2009, 05:50 AM
ok, if youre cheap this may help. GNC weight gainer... up to 3 drink a day. Flax seed, a tone of oatmeal or oatbran, snack on crackers throughout the day, put peanut butter on EVERYTHING, make you some ground turkey and brown rice (kinda like chicken and rice, but cheaper).... cost about 5 bucks to make over 5 pounds. MOST IMPORTANTLY.... SLEEP AND LOTS OF WATER!!!!! Low reps high weight!

If you have a little extra money, creatine is also a good way...

The Youngn
03-31-2009, 11:57 AM
to much money there. but hey, im not like those skinny people who is all bone and see their ribs and everything. i happen to be all built. abs and chest and everything. i think im pretty strong for my size. benching 135 pounds. incline stronger than some people. got some shoulder muscles. i see some people that are 125 and they are not even as strong as me, to be honest, they dont even look as big as i do. lol.
You're still very young dude. I was exactly the same way you were when i was your age. I was slim and had definition but that was only due to my metabolism being so high. I thought i was built but its really not man...trust me on that one. Been through the same situation. Just stick to working out and eating a lot. It should be fairly simple for you to gain.

How tall are you btw?

hmong_Spec
04-01-2009, 10:07 AM
i'm 5"4. i'm not built, but compare to people that is my weight size, i look at them and be like, do i look like that. lol.

You're still very young dude. I was exactly the same way you were when i was your age. I was slim and had definition but that was only due to my metabolism being so high. I thought i was built but its really not man...trust me on that one. Been through the same situation. Just stick to working out and eating a lot. It should be fairly simple for you to gain.

How tall are you btw?

hmong_Spec
04-01-2009, 10:08 AM
well, i eat rice and chicken EVERYDAY. lol. and also, weight gainers, i dont like the fact that they are thick?

ok, if youre cheap this may help. GNC weight gainer... up to 3 drink a day. Flax seed, a tone of oatmeal or oatbran, snack on crackers throughout the day, put peanut butter on EVERYTHING, make you some ground turkey and brown rice (kinda like chicken and rice, but cheaper).... cost about 5 bucks to make over 5 pounds. MOST IMPORTANTLY.... SLEEP AND LOTS OF WATER!!!!! Low reps high weight!

If you have a little extra money, creatine is also a good way...

HMGDRFTER
04-01-2009, 10:13 AM

How tall are you btw?

he's like 5'6?
hmongspec i think you should just do whatever your doing right now and wait until you are like 18-19 and then your metabolism will slow down, trust me i was like that too, now i actually have to watch what i eat. everyone has their own opions about how to gain weight or whatever cause thats what works for them. don't need to waste money on weight gainers etc, you work at bk just buy a double whopper or osmething they're packing like 1000+ calories already.

twinj
04-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Good Info

blacknightteg
04-01-2009, 10:16 AM
thats one of the bitches about them.

over the past few months. i wanted to get up to 200 from 185. how i did it; i worked out atleast 3 days a week, every other day. no more then that usually. i would eat at leat 6 meals a day a long with a shake in the morning and at night, maybe one after working out as well. I would drink something called no-xplode before and cellmass after my work outs so thats why i didnt didnt do the weight shakes after work outs most of the time. above all you just have to eat eat eat EAT if you dont eat, then you wont gain. i got up to my 200lbs but the problem with what i did was that i started to get a gut, i wasnt watching what i was eating and what not sometimes and i wasnt doing abs a good amount either.

I over the past two months i have been fluctuating between 185 to 190. my eating routine has not had a chance to be where it was but i am trying to get back to it. my ultimate goal is 220.

Sammich
04-01-2009, 10:16 AM
steak and potatoes

hmong_Spec
04-01-2009, 10:17 AM
haha, doode i starting packing everything when i was working at sonics. nothing changed, it seeems like if i lose some weight. but yea, i hate the fact that i'm outta shape. i eat and eat and eat, wake up, next thing you know, its down the toilet. lol.

he's like 5'6?
hmongspec i think you should just do whatever your doing right now and wait until you are like 18-19 and then your metabolism will slow down, trust me i was like that too, now i actually have to watch what i eat. everyone has their own opions about how to gain weight or whatever cause thats what works for them. don't need to waste money on weight gainers etc, you work at bk just buy a double whopper or osmething they're packing like 1000+ calories already.

hmong_Spec
04-01-2009, 10:19 AM
i also heard eating alot of mayo makes you fat to.

hmong_Spec
04-01-2009, 10:20 AM
OH, BY THE WAY, I WEIGH 110 or 115, BUT I LOOK LIKE IF I WEIGH 125.

Sammich
04-01-2009, 10:21 AM
i also heard eating alot of mayo makes you fat to.

yea thats something thats been told to NOT eat when you are trying to lose weight...

follow this in the direct opposite..

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/healthieryou/9219/best-foods-for-a-flat-belly/

high-fructose corn syrup, this is a big one:goodjob:

Zodiac
04-01-2009, 11:22 AM
im sorry but i call bs on some of the stuff you claim..in my experience when i was in college. every wr, rb, etc.. kid that came out of highschool claimed 4.4 or 4.5 times. of course i never believed most of them and took them out to the field to see what kind of speed they really had and of all the kids i have played football against on our rec fields about 50 of them were legit sub 4.5 speed. that was out of probably 600-1000 people i have played against over the years. being mr. triathlon a 6:17 is not fast at all for the mile actually its pretty bad if you were a soccer player and all this and that. its good if you can keep that pace for several miles, but just doing one all out mile its not that good. during highschool for our basketball conditioning i ran 6:30mile and i was well down the list for that. i was 5'5 135lb in highschool and put up a legit 245 during football season and i can still do around 225, 7 yrs later and i know im not strong now.I know people in your weight class that put up over 315 at state competitions and still didn't win. so i know there is no way you can be winning or asked to compete in bodybuilding events putting up that number. i dont doubt the fact that your strong but i just think your trying to puff your head up. your insights are okay for the topic but very traditional answers.

There is a nutritionist on this forum that the author should contact. in my experience for weight gain i always minimize cardio if possible. high weight low reps increases bulk but you need to continually confuse your muscles in order to keep gains. when i say confuse your muscles it means to switch up excercises constantly so that your muscles will not get use to a certain excercise. check out bodybuilding forums to help gain weight/mass. although that may not be your purpose they provide alot of help in gaining weight and mass properly. there are alot of weight gainers and supplements that work. i have used bsn products in the past and i experienced weight gains right off the bat. every body is different though so test around and ask questions. i know there is alot of people in here that lift all the time.

I work out at lifetime fitness so if you want to work out there i am there probably 5 days a week. i just lift to live a healthy lifestyle now so im not out to get huge but i can help you with what little i know about the area.

I run a 4.32 in highschool. 10.76 in the 100m and 21.72 in the 200m

4DrTeg
04-14-2009, 10:23 AM
haha hell yeah wen this mofo was still at sonic man he'd eat atleast 2 chicken clubs everynight..lol

hmong_Spec
04-14-2009, 10:33 AM
yupp, and never got big. lol. talking about it, i want a chicken club right now.

haha hell yeah wen this mofo was still at sonic man he'd eat atleast 2 chicken clubs everynight..lol

Annihilation
04-14-2009, 10:51 AM
some beer to put on some fat, work it out tone your body.. i'm 5'8 2yrs ago at 125lbs could bench 180Lbs and rep 130 all day. well after surgery i went down to 107 LBS and then took me 2 years to gain 20LBS , my body cant digest all the food anymore LOL so i'm at 127 now... Same as you very high metabolism. i've been on the high calorie crap for a bit. what works for me take two months to get results but you'll gain the weight...

(3) peanut butter jelly sandwich a day....i'm talking about ALOT of PB and jelly on two slice of bread

daily vitamin pills

OH YEA HONEY BUNS AND Ramen Noodle or PHO

(3) boiled eggs daily hell put one in each sandwich

(1) calorie shake daily or every other day ( even if its cheap walmart or cvs brand) just gulp it down... you can get those small 6 pack plastic bottles for like $4.

gauranteed results first month eat drink shit, second month eat shit drink & work out

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
04-14-2009, 12:18 PM
I run a 4.32 in highschool. 10.76 in the 100m and 21.72 in the 200m

You are one of few people that can do that. Congrats. Where did you run track at? and what years did you run. because you are putting up state winning numbers at times in 21s for 200 and even 10.76 you are competing at state. Crazy to believe you kept that 10.7/8 speed through 200m

I ran at duluth back in 01-03 and had numbers from 10.8-11.7 in the 100m and 200m was high 22-24 range. 200m was definately not my thing as I was no a strider. I am short so I was quick off the bat to 100m. I ran back when brad lester, jeff francoeur, michael grant, etc ran. michael grant was the fastest guy that i knew at the time. he was running low 21s and went to arkansas for football/ track.. he was like michael johnson running at the highschool level.

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
04-14-2009, 12:39 PM
OH, BY THE WAY, I WEIGH 110 or 115, BUT I LOOK LIKE IF I WEIGH 125.
just wondering how old you were?

Gaining weight is tough at any age before 25 depending on genetics.

This is how I gained weight when I was working out/ playing sports constantly. I was at college so I had my cafeteria at my disposal. This was usually my meal. I usually ate 4 big meals a day one week and 6 small meals the next so that my body was never comfortable with my set meals. I guess you could consider it like muscle confusion.

Lunch:

4 pb & j sandwiches. no crust (I dont like the crust plus its just added carbs with no pb or j on it.)
6 egg whites cut up on top of pasta with very little marinara/ alfredo sauce for flavoring. I also added about 8 slices of turkey from the sub line to the pasta. I liked this because you don't taste the egg whites as much and this was where i got alot of my protein. Some times I subbed turkey for hamburger patties that were degreased using a napkin.
I drank 2 glass of milk and 1 glass of juice.
Also I usually ate another plate of whatever they had for the day whether it was from the Asian line or from the traditional meal line.

This meal adds tons of calories, but you aren't neccesarily eating bad stuff.

In my experience whole milk has helped me gain weight. Protein shake with peanut butter and whole milk are money.

In college I worked out 5-6 days a in week 1 and 4 days in week 2 and I always alternated to get the right rest. I worked out 1hr a day.

My advice is to eat yes but dont eat the same stuff where it gets routine. For my body I always gained the most weight when I switched up meal consumptions.

I was 141 going into things and came out 8 months later at 155lbs. Which to me is a health gain. I wasnt going for a super huge build. I was just trying to gain the strength I had in highschool back. Everything was more well rounded versus just focusing on bench, squat, powercleans from highschool.

If you want to gain weight work out your bigger body parts first like your legs. the bigger your legs get the more weight you will gain.

Just be smart with what you do. Don't go out and throw all junk in your mouth because eventaully down the road it will catch up to you. There is a difference between healthy weight gaining and stuffing your mouth to gain weight. Cater everything to your genetics. I know in highschool i was introduced to creatine and i blew up like a balloon.

I have taken NO xplode (Pre workout drink too intense for some people) and cell mass after (this filled up my muscle and i experience 3-4 lb gains in the first few days) Also I took syntha-6 protein, nitrix (Occasionally), and axis ht.
They have worked for me but i know other people it hasn't helped so just try different things to see what fits for you.

soul
04-14-2009, 05:55 PM
eat eat eat and buy a shit load of steriods and hgh and horse semen :ninja:

Zodiac
04-14-2009, 06:33 PM
You are one of few people that can do that. Congrats. Where did you run track at? and what years did you run. because you are putting up state winning numbers at times in 21s for 200 and even 10.76 you are competing at state. Crazy to believe you kept that 10.7/8 speed through 200m

I ran at duluth back in 01-03 and had numbers from 10.8-11.7 in the 100m and 200m was high 22-24 range. 200m was definately not my thing as I was no a strider. I am short so I was quick off the bat to 100m. I ran back when brad lester, jeff francoeur, michael grant, etc ran. michael grant was the fastest guy that i knew at the time. he was running low 21s and went to arkansas for football/ track.. he was like michael johnson running at the highschool level.

I still run track in Centennial Highschool.

4DrTeg
04-16-2009, 09:37 AM
humm..after reading sum of the posts above it just sounds like a heart failure waiting to happen..lol

Zodiac
04-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Not if you do it right

01CDMLUDER
04-22-2009, 12:47 PM
some beer to put on some fat, work it out tone your body.. i'm 5'8 2yrs ago at 125lbs could bench 180Lbs and rep 130 all day. well after surgery i went down to 107 LBS and then took me 2 years to gain 20LBS , my body cant digest all the food anymore LOL so i'm at 127 now... Same as you very high metabolism. i've been on the high calorie crap for a bit. what works for me take two months to get results but you'll gain the weight...

(3) peanut butter jelly sandwich a day....i'm talking about ALOT of PB and jelly on two slice of bread

daily vitamin pills

OH YEA HONEY BUNS AND Ramen Noodle or PHO

(3) boiled eggs daily hell put one in each sandwich

(1) calorie shake daily or every other day ( even if its cheap walmart or cvs brand) just gulp it down... you can get those small 6 pack plastic bottles for like $4.

gauranteed results first month eat drink shit, second month eat shit drink & work out

Listen to this guy he knows what he's talking about!! Peanutbutter works!!

Kevykev
05-22-2009, 07:32 AM
HAHHAHAAHAAA I can see someone STRAIGHT UP DYING or DEVELOPING DIABETES from listening to MOST of you bastards.

Hahahahhahahahaaa.

Hmong, Just keep active and eat a protein rich diet, eat at least twice more per day that you normally do.

Give your body time to naturally adjust it's metabolic rate.

DeeAOne
05-22-2009, 07:38 AM
i have this problem as well. but i eat 3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches almost everyday before bed and still no help. lol

hmong_Spec
05-22-2009, 07:50 AM
^^^^well, i guess it all really depends on the person. i dont know how, but i gained 5 pounds. lol.

jap_racer1
05-23-2009, 01:41 PM
be like all the hmong folks eat rice till there aint no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!