PDA

View Full Version : Sports Cutler

FlipKing
03-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Where do you think he'll end up? Who's side are you on?

Personally, I think Cutler has every right to be pissed.

Basically the Broncos tried to trade the house to get Matt Cassel because Mcdaniels is a bitch.lol Cutler found out and basically said "F you, if you dont want me, I want to be traded."

Broncos said, "Oh no, you are our quarterback, stop your bitchin."

Mcdaniels told Cutler, " Damn straight I wanted Matt over you, but i'm stuck with you now so STFU."

and thats the cliff notes

quickdodgeŽ
03-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Pissed about what? Post a back story. Later, QD.

FlipKing
03-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Story added

BB6dohcvtec
03-24-2009, 01:53 PM
its just business. kid needs to man up.

FlipKing
03-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Idk, they havent been winning because of defense not because of his play. He has been pretty good actually.

BB6dohcvtec
03-24-2009, 02:36 PM
I didn't say his play was bad, I am saying they got a new coach with a new philosophy and maybe he felt more comfortable with a new QB. Its the NFL its a business as soon as he learns that the better off he will be.

FlipKing
03-24-2009, 03:42 PM
True, just saying the owner is a prick for allowing it to happen. Owner one year " you are our franchise qb" Next year " fuck you ima go with my 32 year old head coach's opinion." lolol

HypnoToad
03-24-2009, 04:29 PM
broncos fucked up firing mike.......that was worst thing they could have done.

GLulic
03-25-2009, 12:28 AM
ok the broncos are my favorite team so thats why this is being said lol.even i'm pissed about it,how dare they compare jay cutler to chris simms,like wtf?the guy is missing a spleen.jay cutler threw for 4000+ yards last year,wtf did chris simms do last year and the year before that and the year before that lolol?he didn't throw that much in his whole career.and all this trade talk of him going to new york,that's just not gonna happen lol,they have no one/nothing to offer to the broncos.

FlipKing
03-25-2009, 12:45 AM
1st round pick so that mcdaniels can fail with his own quarter back. Seems this guy has no respect for the players and I say that he is gone with in 3 years.

GLulic
03-25-2009, 01:31 AM
1st round pick so that mcdaniels can fail with his own quarter back. Seems this guy has no respect for the players and I say that he is gone with in 3 years.
i can bet anything that this is his only year lol,the guy screwed up with this jay cutler thing,unless he gets them to the superbowl then he doesn't have a future with them.plus he's a nobody,nobody wanted him and the broncos made the mistake of firing shanahan and now they're stuck with the nobody.

aguynamedpat
03-25-2009, 01:44 AM
I understand where Mcdaniels is coming from though, he wants a QB he was familiar with and who knew his system. Cassell learned a lot from him in New England, and he was available, I personally do not blame him.

Its all a business. Look at Tyson Chandler on the Hornets. He was actually traded, did not pass his physical, so the trade was reversed. HE ACTUALLY LEFT NEW ORLEANS, but when he got back he didnt bitch and moan, he went back to business and they won like 5 or 6 straight after getting him back. One game he caught 4 ally-oops in the same quarter, I remember that sportscenter highlight lol.

Its all a business, and the sooner these people realize that, the better.

Spectic Tank
03-25-2009, 09:25 AM
It's all business. A business in which Cutler gets paid handsomely, so he needs to STFU.

FlipKing
03-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah, except Chandler was never told he was the Franchise player. You dont see Lebron, or Wade, or Paul being shopped. I bet that would create some anger. The owner is flaking. Cutler might be being a lil over sensitive, but If i'm gonna be commited to a team, I want a team thats commited to me aslong as I'm playing well.

BanginJimmy
03-25-2009, 02:45 PM
I will take Cutler's side on this because of the way it was done, not what was done. The Brons did him wrong by not at least giving him notice that they were shopping him.

Side note:
Cutler is traded off to Detroit for the #1 overall pick and maybe a 3rd round pick. This benefits everyone as the Broncs can draft Sanchez or Stafford with the #1 pick to fill that QB slot, and Detroit can take a HUGE step forward in their QB situation, then use the Brons pick to grab an O lineman.

HalfBaked
03-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Cutler alone isn't worth a #1 pick much less 2 picks.

Cutler has always been a whiny bitch though so this doesn't surprise me. He should be flattered that he would even be considered worth a player like Matt Cassel.

FlipKing
03-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Worth a player like cassel?lololol you funny. I bet cassel falls flat on his face in KC.

BB6dohcvtec
03-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Worth a player like cassel?lololol you funny. I bet cassel falls flat on his face in KC.

x2 Cassell just benefit from a great cast around him. now KC is the real test and he will more than likely fail.

FlipKing
04-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Cutler has been granted a trade

BanginJimmy
04-01-2009, 01:38 PM
I think he ends up in Detroit for a first and 4th round pick. Denver picks up Sanchez as the #1 pick.

FlipKing
04-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Stafford is the obvious first pick. Sanchez will go mid round.

BanginJimmy
04-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Sanchez has more upside than Stafford. Sanchez is Stafford's equal now, in 3 years Sanchez will surpass Stafford if they are in an equal situation. I actually think Freeman will be the marquis QB of this class if you re-evaluate them in 5 years.

More to the point though, Sanchez fits Denver's situation far better than Stafford does. The only reason either Stafford or Sanchez have for entering the NFL this year is that Bradford and McCoy stayed in college.

FlipKing
04-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Stafford has the best physical tools of anyone in the country. He has amazing upside for learning an offense and learns quickly. I really see him being good pick that just gets better with time.

BanginJimmy
04-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Stafford has the best physical tools of anyone in the country. He has amazing upside for learning an offense and learns quickly. I really see him being good pick that just gets better with time.

Yes, he has great physical tools, but in the NFL those are secondary to mental tools and I dont think Stafford has elite talent in that area. Plain and simply, he should be a FAR better decision maker after being a 3 year starter than he is. Right now, Sanchez has NFL quality physical tools and he is very football smart. He is already smarter than Stafford is after only 1 year starting.

Let me add that I dont believe that either Stafford or Sanchez should have come out this year. Neither is really ready yet, but I do know they decided to come out because the 3 best QB's in the country last year stayed in college. If Bradford or McCoy decided to leave neither Stafford or Sanchez would evn he in the conversation for #1 QB, not to mention #1 pick.

FlipKing
04-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Meh, Bradford would be the best. I'm not sold on Mccoy. Stafford did great things considering he always had a patchwork O-line and usually had subpar receivers. They never lost games b-c of stafford. They lost when the defense fell apart.

BanginJimmy
04-02-2009, 09:24 PM
They never lost because of Stafford, but I never saw them win because of him either and he did have chances to make that happen, like in the games vs SC and TN in 07.

I understand the weariness with McCoy, but I see a QB that has all the tools, all the mental abilities, and all of the attitude to make it big. He needs to learn to make quicker decisions in the pocket though, and he wont be able to run like he does now when he hits the pros.

FlipKing
04-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Plus the talent level that surrounds him at Texas along with the D and running game they always put on the field

FlipKing
04-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Oh, and 2 first round picks and Orton for Cutler? Idk about THAT much,lol

BanginJimmy
04-03-2009, 01:26 PM
I said the EXACT same thing about Cutler. I think the Bears could have gotten him for a first and third this year, or maybe a first and conditional second next year.

McCoy had no real running game outside of himself. He had good receivers, but they were no better than Stafford has had for the past 3 years. I would even say that Mass was the equal to any of Texas' receivers.

Spectic Tank
04-03-2009, 01:29 PM
There aren't many players in the NFL who are worth what the Bears gave up for Cutler.

I think Matt Stafford will perform as well as all the other UGA QB's in the NFL....LOL!

BanginJimmy
04-03-2009, 03:46 PM
There aren't many players in the NFL who are worth what the Bears gave up for Cutler.

I think Matt Stafford will perform as well as all the other UGA QB's in the NFL....LOL!

has UGA ever had a QB play NFL football?

FlipKing
04-04-2009, 12:27 AM
yeah, cant think of his name. Black guy, played for Minn maybe? Ran alot.

sogood
04-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Cutler is a bitch and I can't believe how much the Bears gave up to get him.

As far as Stafford and Sanchez go.. I'm a Gators fan and I'll still say that Stafford is the most talented QB coming out of the draft this year, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll produce in the NFL. Sanchez, like every other hyped up USC QB, won't do much of shit in the NFL besides warm the bench for someone. Sure, he might start the first year, but he'll be a bust.

BanginJimmy
04-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Cutler is a bitch and I can't believe how much the Bears gave up to get him.

As far as Stafford and Sanchez go.. I'm a Gators fan and I'll still say that Stafford is the most talented QB coming out of the draft this year, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll produce in the NFL. Sanchez, like every other hyped up USC QB, won't do much of shit in the NFL besides warm the bench for someone. Sure, he might start the first year, but he'll be a bust.

The Bears overpaid, but look at it from their point of view. They were a QB away from a SB win in 06. The next 2 years they were playing the QB swap game and got no results from that. They NEED a QB and they didnt see one worth drafting in this years draft. I am positive they could ahve gotten Detroit's #1 overall pick for 2 firsts and a third if they saw someone they really wanted.

As far as Stafford, all I really see in him is a big arm. At times his decision making has been good, other times it has been horrible. No one can deny his physical tools, but his mental tools are still a little suspect and he would benefit greatly from another year in college. Where Sanchez falls behind Stafford in physical tools, he makes up for with mental ones. Sanchez needed another year in college also though because of his limited experience. We saw that inexperience against Ore St this year.

As far as all USC QB's being bench warmers, I think Carson Palmer and Matt Cassell will disagree with you.

FlipKing
04-04-2009, 05:07 PM
I think Matt Leinart and other guy will agree with you. :-p

sogood
04-04-2009, 11:58 PM
The Bears overpaid, but look at it from their point of view. They were a QB away from a SB win in 06. The next 2 years they were playing the QB swap game and got no results from that. They NEED a QB and they didnt see one worth drafting in this years draft. I am positive they could ahve gotten Detroit's #1 overall pick for 2 firsts and a third if they saw someone they really wanted.

As far as Stafford, all I really see in him is a big arm. At times his decision making has been good, other times it has been horrible. No one can deny his physical tools, but his mental tools are still a little suspect and he would benefit greatly from another year in college. Where Sanchez falls behind Stafford in physical tools, he makes up for with mental ones. Sanchez needed another year in college also though because of his limited experience. We saw that inexperience against Ore St this year.

As far as all USC QB's being bench warmers, I think Carson Palmer and Matt Cassell will disagree with you.

I said hyped up USC QBs, I don't recall anyone hyping up Cassel when he went into the draft. Sure, Palmer is a starter, but he's far from what people thought he'd be when he came into the league.

I fully agree that the Bears need a solid QB to be real contenders, but what I'm saying is that I don't think Cutler is as good as they're making him out to be. I could see making that trade for a REAL star, but again, Cutler isn't it IMO.

I also agree that both Stafford and Sanchez should've stayed in college for another year, but I think we can both agree that they went when they saw their opportunity. There aren't really any other QBs to write home about in this year's draft and they know there will be much better quality coming out next year.

BanginJimmy
04-05-2009, 12:16 PM
The only other QB to talk about in this draft is Josh Freeman, who I think will be the best of the bunch when you look back 5 years from now. I would even say that if Freeman went to UGA or USC he would be considered the obvious #1 QB in the draft. But since he want to kansas St, he must be of lesser talent.

FlipKing
04-05-2009, 03:47 PM
The Joe Flacco point of view.

BanginJimmy
04-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Joe Flacco didnt creep up on anyone though. Everyone knew he had all of the tools to play NFL QB and he did have alot of success at Delaware St. I think he will be even better if Baltimore can get 1 or 2 higher end receivers for him to throw to.

More like a Chad Henne approach. He won the job down in Miami before Pennington got there, and now he is simply biding his time until he really gets his shot. I actually wouldnt be surprised to see a team like Denver or Tampa to go after him on a draft day trade. IMO he would have been ahead of both Stafford and Sanchez if he came out this year.

FlipKing
04-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Henne never lived up to the Hype at Mich. I meant some people were skeptical of Flacco because he came from a small college.

BanginJimmy
04-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Henne did live up to the hype, he is the all-time leading passer in school history. His problem was the type of offense he was in didnt really lend itself to huge numbers. It was always FAR too conservative under Lloyd Carr. Go back and look at him in the Cap 1 Bowl against Florida. That was a wide open offense and he lit Florida up. His throws were accurate, on time, and to the right receiver. He is also very used to a prostyle offense, so I think he will do well in the pros if he gets that chance.

FlipKing
04-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Ahh, proved me wrong. Idk, still dont see him being better than Stafford. and I'm not sold on Sanchez. Freeman does have great upside.

BanginJimmy
04-05-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm not sold on Sanchez long term either, I only think he is more pro ready than Stafford is right now.

I agree though, the upside on Freeman is huge, larger than either Stafford or Sanchez IMO, but so are the doubts. He didnt put up mindblowing numbers at K State, but was that because of his talent or was it because of the talent around him? The same question could be asked about why he didnt win more games.

sogood
04-06-2009, 01:12 AM
Honestly, I haven't looked into Freeman enough to really form an opinion on his talent, but I think it's obvious he didn't win more games because of where he was, not because he didn't have the talent to do so. You could put any of the best college QBs in his position and I doubt they'd do much better.