PDA

View Full Version : Bored.

fawk_you
03-24-2009, 06:52 AM
So im sitting at Grand Prix Racewear http://90right.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/gpr09c.jpg?w=510&h=340 in England like literally 20 feet from Silverstone raceway. Which is the home of British racing. http://admin.vivideventgroup.com/uploads/silverstone-circuit(8).jpg

Every single day there is some sort of racing or practice going on.
So far ive seen......
Formula Cliot
Formula BMW
Porsche Cup
F1 practice

etc.etc.

Ive driven on one of the random track days about 4 days after I got here, in a fully prepared 91 Gti, RHD... completely gutted, caged stock motor but brakes about the size of those on a porsche with proper suspenstion components. Got there at the end of the day, had about 5 laps around the track before the brakes went out in the 2nd chicane spun the car and went into the litter. poo. (luckily for me, they forgot the bleed the brakes. :2up: haha)

The daily is a diesel 1 series 5 door (120d which they dont have in the states), rhd... and left side of the road. Little hard to get used to, but its different and cool. http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1023/1130178356_544877c124.jpg (the one im driving is blue)

Ive been to one of the professional karting events... at the PF International track.... freaking wicked. http://www.kasianicklinracing.co.uk/images/PFI.jpg

Yea andretti speed lab is cool, and ive seen the occasional karts out at diff. events, but it was nothing like this.

Sorry bored. Figured it was pretty neat so id post. blah

BobbyFresco
03-24-2009, 06:56 AM
Overseas travel is teh shit. Overseas travel with driving mixed in is even better. How's that rhd working out for you?

fawk_you
03-24-2009, 07:01 AM
Overseas travel is teh shit. Overseas travel with driving mixed in is even better. How's that rhd working out for you?

For sure! Nice sig btw. lol

Yeah yet alone to be at the heart of it all, and being able to talk with drivers and managers and all of that on a daily basis. Nice knowing people. Ill have more seat time within the next couple days. Happy about it all cause im missing seat time at home. :(

I like the RHD, fairly easy and all that, at home ill shift for friends if they get on the phone, and friends having skylines and shit helps. The left side of the road throws you off a bit though. Makes sense though cause your left side drive at home right side of the road, either way you are close to the dotted line in the drivers seat. As well as the round abouts everywhere.

umairejaz
03-24-2009, 07:06 AM
Thats tight! Super jealous.

NevrNufTorq
03-24-2009, 07:06 AM
have fun and get us some vids!!! :goodjob:

fawk_you
03-24-2009, 07:08 AM
Will have tons of pix and vids soon. Walking over to the track in about 30 mins after lunch break. :)

Thats tight! Super jealous.
sal'right. :)

civic95
03-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Did you move there?

fawk_you
03-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Did you move there?
I like it a lot, but I havent moved no. Just here for seat time as well as my well now ex. but yea.

tron
03-24-2009, 08:11 AM
military?

fawk_you
03-24-2009, 08:12 AM
military?
nope. just for shits and giggles.

tron
03-24-2009, 08:15 AM
nope. just for shits and giggles.

thats pretty cool that you can just move like that:goodjob: . i cant wait to move and experience something different

DJ Maestro
03-24-2009, 08:16 AM
That is awesome LA. I want seat time in Europe too. I hear it is the shit. Anyways, just out of sheer curiousity, are you over in England vacationing or doing something track related? Forgive my cluelessness. :crazy: :D

fawk_you
03-24-2009, 08:17 AM
thats pretty cool that you can just move like that:goodjob: . i cant wait to move and experience something different
I didnt move, its just a long visit.

DJ Maestro
03-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Damn, you answered my question while i was typing it. lol! :lmfao:

NVEOUS
03-24-2009, 08:18 AM
thats pretty sweet. I cant wait to see the pics and vids that you get. :)

tron
03-24-2009, 08:21 AM
I didnt move, its just a long visit.

:rolleyes: gotcha!!

fawk_you
03-24-2009, 08:24 AM
That is awesome LA. I want seat time in Europe too. I hear it is the shit. Anyways, just out of sheer curiousity, are you over in England vacationing or doing something track related? Forgive my cluelessness. :crazy: :D

Yeah it is CERTAINLY the shit, scary racing with ferraris and porsches though on a track you have never ever driven. In a RHD car you have never driven that you dont know, that doesnt have power steering and you're 105lbs of fury. LOL Ive never even seen an over view of it. LOL Here, they throw you in with everything... as opposed to the gti being with miatas and stuff like that or even close to the car, you play with the big dogs. And unlike a lot of the iditos at home that do the PDX events, if you dont pay attention to your surroundings, they will pit you faster than you can think. Every man for himself.

answered the other half.

fawk_you
03-24-2009, 08:26 AM
thats pretty sweet. I cant wait to see the pics and vids that you get. :)
fer suuuure

quickdodge®
03-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Sorry bored. Figured it was pretty neat so id post. blah

Here's 40 to add excitement to your day.

Notice how the 40 is in red so you need to do the appropriate math. Later, QD.

fawk_you
03-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Here's 40 to add excitement to your day.

Notice how the 40 is in red so you need to do the appropriate math. Later, QD.

Thank you! :)

BTEC
03-24-2009, 08:46 AM
sheddup punk.

umairejaz
03-24-2009, 08:59 AM
..wait, you said you're bored?!

quickdodge®
03-24-2009, 10:06 AM

This is how attention whores gather fulfill their needs. Later, QD.

fawk_you
03-24-2009, 12:35 PM
sheddup punk.
Bite me.

fawk_you
03-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Well for the most part... soon as I typed what I did earlier, we left and went to donington park... which is another race park about an hour from silverstone. Went and chatted with some saleen guys... got pix and video there too.

Elbow
03-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Silverstone sucks lol.

As for the karts, go to the WKA @ Road Atlanta.

Elbow
03-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah it is CERTAINLY the shit, scary racing with ferraris and porsches though on a track you have never ever driven. In a RHD car you have never driven that you dont know, that doesnt have power steering and you're 105lbs of fury. LOL Ive never even seen an over view of it. LOL Here, they throw you in with everything... as opposed to the gti being with miatas and stuff like that or even close to the car, you play with the big dogs. And unlike a lot of the iditos at home that do the PDX events, if you dont pay attention to your surroundings, they will pit you faster than you can think. Every man for himself.

answered the other half.

Well no shit..PDX = like track touring parade laps.

Chin Motorsports = real track days.

Shit aint scary.

SampaGuy
03-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Cool. I should be going to London in April. Not for any car related reasons though :(

F1 practice

When was this?

Elbow
03-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Cool. I should be going to London in April. Not for any car related reasons though :(

When was this?

It wasn't lol, they have been elsewhere.

CopyRight
03-24-2009, 04:18 PM
wait a second....you guys broke up overseas? hmmm...I bet that's an interesting story.

your ex is a drifter right? why do you need seat time?

fawk_you
03-25-2009, 05:05 AM
Silverstone sucks lol.

As for the karts, go to the WKA @ Road Atlanta.
So you have been here, and driven the track? Ok. ;)

Havent been to the WKA or whatever, but I am very sure you havent seen the PFi track either so... lol.

Well no shit..PDX = like track touring parade laps.

Chin Motorsports = real track days.

Shit aint scary.
True... chin events at barber are where its at. Been about 2+ years since ive done one of those though. Was before the barber school got moved. :( Long time.

As far as scary... eh, to me personally it was. Car and track I didnt know. But whatever. Sure ill get more shit for that. But ok.

When was this?
Boo.

They have 2 of the cars here, it was about 4 days ago.

fawk_you
03-25-2009, 05:08 AM
It wasn't lol, they have been elsewhere.
So you are in London too? LOL You were sitting in the stands watching them practice with me? Thats SO COOL! Ever heard of the force 1 team? I belive they are french.

Local f1 teams practice at local tracks. I believe these guys are based right down the road. Will have to find out.

God for the life of me right now I wished I could upload these pictures and vids but unfortunately I cant until I get home.

wait a second....you guys broke up overseas? hmmm...I bet that's an interesting story.

your ex is a drifter right? why do you need seat time?
Yeah... its a long but very interesting story.

God you people pay attention to others lifes too much. The drifter was like almost 2 years ago now. If you are going to pay attention to my life, atleast know whats going on SORTA?

Why do I need seat time? Dont have to have it... its FREE seat time while I am here.

quickdodge®
03-25-2009, 05:32 AM
AWWWW, STILL BEGGING FOR ATTENTION??

Shut the fuck up, sir. If you're overseas having such a great fucking time, the fuck you doing on here besides craving attention. Later, QD.

fawk_you
03-25-2009, 05:38 AM
Theres a great saying over here, 'Fuck off.' :)

quickdodge®
03-25-2009, 05:48 AM
Theres a great saying over here, 'Fuck off.' :)

How about leading by example? You know I'm right about you. The proof is in your posts. You pop in about every three/four months and just about every post you make has to include pictures of you so you can get all the "just hit puberty" dudes talking about you. You're about as hot as the surface of Pluto, sir. Later, QD.

fawk_you
03-25-2009, 05:54 AM
not always. :) And I heard Pluto is pretty cool. :dunno:

CopyRight
03-25-2009, 07:52 AM
God you people pay attention to others lifes too much. The drifter was like almost 2 years ago now. If you are going to pay attention to my life, atleast know whats going on SORTA?

Geez, I'm sorry....just know you been around the block and then some on IA. Thought you actually settled down. My mistake for thinking you were with someone for more than I dunno.....1 week.

DJ Maestro
03-25-2009, 08:09 AM
not always. :) And I heard Pluto is pretty cool. :dunno:

Pluto is cool as fawk. :goodjob: :lmfao:

http://www.alldisneycharacters.com/images/all_disney_characters_pluto_a.jpg

The Ninja
03-25-2009, 08:20 AM
How about leading by example? You know I'm right about you. The proof is in your posts. You pop in about every three/four months and just about every post you make has to include pictures of you so you can get all the "just hit puberty" dudes talking about you. You're about as hot as the surface of Pluto, sir. Later, QD.

C'mon, you gotta come harder than that. He turned that "pluto" thing around on you. I am not entertained, QD.
http://austrianeconomists.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451eb0069e2010535b0ac8e970c-800wi

DJ Maestro
03-25-2009, 08:22 AM
Entertained now??? :thinking:

http://donstuff.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/gladiator-photoshopped.jpg

The Ninja
03-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Entertained now??? :thinking:

http://donstuff.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/gladiator-photoshopped.jpg

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
Working on it, LMAO!

Frög
03-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Hope you visited all of GB and other countries during your stay on the other side of the pond..

DJ Maestro
03-25-2009, 08:35 AM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
Working on it, LMAO!

How about now??? :???:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/219/971xv0.jpg

The Ninja
03-25-2009, 08:43 AM
How about now??? :???:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/219/971xv0.jpg

Pchop the guitar hero guitar in. :lmfao::lmfao:

fawk_you
03-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Geez, I'm sorry....just know you been around the block and then some on IA. Thought you actually settled down. My mistake for thinking you were with someone for more than I dunno.....1 week.
:lmfao: I wont even go there.

I wouldnt settle down with that foo if you paid me. I was with him for a year... and my now present was 6 months.... guess thats a little longer than 1 week? lol Whats with the 1 week thing anyways? Thats awesome. lol

If someone goes on a date with a person, doesnt mean they are sleeping together. And if someone is even hanging out with a person doesnt mean they are together in any way. Its a shame the way society is now days.

fawk_you
03-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Hope you visited all of GB and other countries during your stay on the other side of the pond..

Ive been in the same spot for 2 weeks. Supposedly we are going to London on Sat. and Sunday but we'll see. All else fails im going on Monday down to the SW side of the country and chill with my girl, head up to london with her and take charge and come back home early.

Frög
03-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Ive been in the same spot for 2 weeks. Supposedly we are going to London on Sat. and Sunday but we'll see. All else fails im going on Monday down to the SW side of the country and chill with my girl, head up to london with her and take charge and come back home early.

Why come back home early? :thinking:

You are all the way over there and have all of Europe right next to you.. I can't believe you flew all the way over there to sit for 2 weeks by a racetrack.. You know, you can do that in the U.S.

Have you ever been to other countries in Europe?

fawk_you
03-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Why come back home early? :thinking:

You are all the way over there and have all of Europe right next to you.. I can't believe you flew all the way over there to sit for 2 weeks by a racetrack.. You know, you can do that in the U.S.

Have you ever been to other countries in Europe?

Well the reason I came was because of my now ex. Its awkward now, and ive been trying to be ok with the situation and trying to repair it, but it wasnt my wrong so I feel stupid for even trying. Long long story.

I know. I was told id be working, ive pitched in a lot... as much as I can, but no one will take any time to be like OK here this is what I want you to do or whatever. Yeah I know I can do that in the us. Im pissed cause I spent my money to even come because I can spend that doing something I enjoy at home or whatever.

Nope I havent, been in one place for 2 weeks like I said, and its my first time over here. The most id see is London. Presently in North Hampton, which is like where I live at home, in the country. But with more sheep and pretty much no cows. eek

Elbow
03-25-2009, 10:10 AM
So you have been here, and driven the track? Ok. ;)

Havent been to the WKA or whatever, but I am very sure you havent seen the PFi track either so... lol.

True... chin events at barber are where its at. Been about 2+ years since ive done one of those though. Was before the barber school got moved. :( Long time.

As far as scary... eh, to me personally it was. Car and track I didnt know. But whatever. Sure ill get more shit for that. But ok.

Boo.

They have 2 of the cars here, it was about 4 days ago.

Yes been there done that, yes very familiar with that kart track considering I raced karts for 9 years. I mean karts at Road Atlanta lap as fast as a GT2 ALMS car.

Maybe there was a F1 team there, but why weren't they with the other teams doing real testing?

fawk_you
03-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Yes been there done that, yes very familiar with that kart track considering I raced karts for 9 years. I mean karts at Road Atlanta lap as fast as a GT2 ALMS car.

Maybe there was a F1 team there, but why weren't they with the other teams doing real testing?

Right on forgot about that one. Dont know much about karting so... ok.

There were two. One was the force 1 and the other I am not sure about. There is a ferrari shop 20 feet from here, theres a ducati shop, theres a porsche shop... etc.etc. Its the home of british racing, and I mean the guy that does shipping here said that they are local so it makes sense for them to practice at their home track right? There was one of the teams photographers out at the stands near me, I asked him what was going on... they did some testing then would pit in and do a fake pit stop to film for some commercial or something. Might have been just for that, BUT they were at the track all day.

RL...
03-25-2009, 11:02 AM
thats cute

Brian*
03-25-2009, 11:07 AM
LUCKY! Gahhhhhh...

fawk_you
03-25-2009, 11:43 AM
LUCKY! Gahhhhhh...
Alright Nepolian. LOL

RandomGuy
03-25-2009, 04:14 PM
sup nucka, so you moved?

Frög
03-25-2009, 04:20 PM
sup nucka, so you moved?

LOL seriously? :headslap:

:lmfao:

quickdodge®
03-25-2009, 04:26 PM
C'mon, you gotta come harder than that. He turned that "pluto" thing around on you. I am not entertained, QD.

No one turned anything back on me. And I wasn't trying to entertain you either. I said what I said because it's the truth. Plain and simple and there really is no argument otherwise. Later, QD.

fawk_you
03-26-2009, 07:56 AM
sup nucka, so you moved?
Didnt move, just a long visit. :)

DJ Maestro
03-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Didnt move, just a long visit. :)

I commend you LA, it takes courage to move to another country and leave everything behind. :goodjob:

fawk_you
03-26-2009, 08:13 AM
I commend you LA, it takes courage to move to another country and leave everything behind. :goodjob:
You know it. ;) lol

EJ25RUN
03-26-2009, 08:16 AM
Um....:Jealous:

Hope you had fun.

DJ Maestro
03-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Um....:Jealous:

Hope you had fun.

She's not having fun, she's bored. Read the thread title, sheesh! :D

EJ25RUN
03-26-2009, 08:20 AM
She's not having fun, she's bored. Read the thread title, sheesh! :D

touché

:ninja:

DJ Maestro
03-26-2009, 08:21 AM
touché

:ninja:

http://www.thewildgardener.com/images/touche.jpg

Well played good sir. :goodjob:

fawk_you
03-26-2009, 08:22 AM
you guys are so smart.

DJ Maestro
03-26-2009, 08:23 AM
you guys are so smart.

http://odeo.com/uploads/0012/7409/serial_29856.png

fawk_you
03-26-2009, 08:28 AM
lol

SNOOPy00
03-26-2009, 09:31 AM
thats so awesome i want to visit the Uk....