PDA

View Full Version : FIX SALVAGE TITLE

gerardojdm
03-23-2009, 09:40 PM
ok looking for a body shop that could help fixing my title since it salvage. i was going to sell it but dont have money to buy another.. i want everything done right the first time and willing to pay

car is a 1992 Civic Dx Hatch

speedminded
03-23-2009, 09:46 PM
ok looking for a body shop that could help fixing my title since it salvage. i was going to sell it but dont have money to buy another.. i want everything done right the first time and willing to pay

car is a 1992 Civic Dx HatchGooood luck! Since the laws changed it's not as easy or cheap as it was a few years ago. Willing to bet that it will be cheaper to part out and buy a new clean title shell.

fucksohc
03-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Gooood luck! Since the laws changed it's not as easy or cheap as it was a few years ago. Willing to bet that it will be cheaper to part out and buy a new clean title shell.

X2, you would probably be better off partin it out whatever you can and sellin the shell to the scrap yard IMO.

Master Shake
03-23-2009, 10:12 PM
once your car has a salvage title, there really isn't anything you can do to change it.
sorry man, you can't just fix something like that.

speedminded
03-23-2009, 10:51 PM
once your car has a salvage title, there really isn't anything you can do to change it.
sorry man, you can't just fix something like that.Fail. Never seen a Georgia rebuilt title huh?

Inspection info here. Just a few years ago they made it to where the company getting an inspection had to be a licensed rebuilder, before any joe blow could pay the $100 and get it inspected.

http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/titles/needed/rebuilt.asp

josh94civic
03-23-2009, 11:00 PM
yea i got my car in july and paid 200 for inspection and now its a rebuild.

Master Shake
03-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Fail. Never seen a Georgia rebuilt title huh?

Inspection info here. Just a few years ago they made it to where the company getting an inspection had to be a licensed rebuilder, before any joe blow could pay the $100 and get it inspected.

http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/titles/needed/rebuilt.aspbut the title says "rebuilt" on it. i know about this. my girl's car is like that. it must go thru full inspections and emission before the title can be changed. a rebuilt title, will always have the "rebuilt" printed in bold letters for whoever owns the car to know.
FAIL. try preaching that shit to someone else.

Cool Cat Racing
03-25-2009, 06:40 PM
QFT, My E30 is a rebuilt title as well. Any car can move from Salvage to Rebuilt once its fixed and certified but it will never have a clean title again no matter what you do. Not only this but the insurance pay outs on totaling a rebuilt car are less so if you fix it and then get in a wreck I can assure you that you won't get anything near what you spent to fix the car.

GSRteg®
03-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Fail. Never seen a Georgia rebuilt title huh?

http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/titles/needed/rebuilt.asp

This man knows

silversol
03-25-2009, 06:57 PM
lots of bad advice in this thread. A salvage title is not the end of the world but its not a simple process either. is it a ga salvage title or out of state?

if its a ga salvage title you will need pics of the damage before any work is performed! you will need recepts for all the parts everything!if you use used parts you must have a bill of sale WITH THE VIN NUMBER ON IT. and or the ticket from the salvage yard on it.

DO NOT PAINT THE CAR OR PARTS BEFORE IT GOES TO THE INSPECTION!

Check all the basics. all the lights, horn, ect also if the check engine light is on or the srs or abs light are on or do not come on it will fail inspection.

also if any welding is done like say a core support the will check the welds. shity or slopy welds will fail a inspection. hope this info helps

Cool Cat Racing
03-25-2009, 07:29 PM
I only see one piece of bad advice and that's Tran saying you can't fix a salvage title. All the rest is true.

AnthonyF
03-25-2009, 07:40 PM
silversol knows what he is talking about. Follow what HE says.

-Ant.

DaRussian
03-25-2009, 07:45 PM
lots of bad advice in this thread. A salvage title is not the end of the world but its not a simple process either. is it a ga salvage title or out of state?

if its a ga salvage title you will need pics of the damage before any work is performed! you will need recepts for all the parts everything!if you use used parts you must have a bill of sale WITH THE VIN NUMBER ON IT. and or the ticket from the salvage yard on it.

DO NOT PAINT THE CAR OR PARTS BEFORE IT GOES TO THE INSPECTION!

Check all the basics. all the lights, horn, ect also if the check engine light is on or the srs or abs light are on or do not come on it will fail inspection.

also if any welding is done like say a core support the will check the welds. shity or slopy welds will fail a inspection. hope this info helps

x2 he listed EVERYTHING there is to it.

SixSquared
03-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Word. It's a pain in the ass and will cost you some dough to get repaired by a licensed shop, as they tend to charge a premium for their services. Then you have to pay for the new title and everything... Seriously, find a clean shell for the amount it would cost to get all that squared away. Then you can either sell the salvage title shell to someone who wants to build a race car, or the junkyard for scrap.

quickdodge®
03-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Word. It's a pain in the ass and will cost you some dough to get repaired by a licensed shop, as they tend to charge a premium for their services. Then you have to pay for the new title and everything... Seriously, find a clean shell for the amount it would cost to get all that squared away. Then you can either sell the salvage title shell to someone who wants to build a race car, or the junkyard for scrap.

I think all the info was already covered. Later, QD.

SixSquared
03-25-2009, 10:54 PM
You really need to find someone else to e-stalk.

quickdodge®
03-25-2009, 11:00 PM
You really need to find somewhere to post. Later, QD.

oaznbeasto
03-26-2009, 01:59 PM
that just sounds like a fun time fixing that

Zhu
03-27-2009, 09:42 AM
let's say I rebuilt the car myself and I want to get it inspected, who's a licensed rebuilder that wouldn't mind putting their name on for me for inspection? (will be paid)

okra1981
03-28-2009, 01:21 AM
Someone told me that you can register in a state that doesn't have rebuilt titles and then transfer back and you can get a clean title, but this is just hearsay, I have no proof that this would work.

X-Runner
03-28-2009, 02:00 AM
let's say I rebuilt the car myself and I want to get it inspected, who's a licensed rebuilder that wouldn't mind putting their name on for me for inspection? (will be paid)

If you don't know someone good luck with that, most won't do it.

ej6kidd
03-28-2009, 02:16 AM
every thing silversol said is the right way to do it but you have to have a rebuliders licence to do it its a very big process better off partin it out but if you need any more info or help pm me i am a licenced rebulider

Kaiser
03-30-2009, 01:38 PM
silversol knows what he is talking about. Follow what HE says.

-Ant.

xOne Million.

silversol
03-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Someone told me that you can register in a state that doesn't have rebuilt titles and then transfer back and you can get a clean title, but this is just hearsay, I have no proof that this would work.
NOT TRUE!!! it will still be a salvage title and will still need to be inspected to be taged in ga! some states i know sc and i think al dont have inspections! but even out of state REBUILT title still will need to be reinspected to be taged in ga!

silversol
03-30-2009, 05:56 PM
every thing silversol said is the right way to do it but you have to have a rebuliders licence to do it its a very big process better off partin it out but if you need any more info or help pm me i am a licenced rebulider
yes you will need a rebuilders licence and it cost a butt load! i think the law has changed i think you can do one a year if it a personal vehicle

dragnGSR
03-30-2009, 05:58 PM
True, it will still be a salvaged title in GA. Not sure about SC (I would have to look at work) but I know in AL you would only be able to sell the vehicle for parts as you are not able to get a salvaged title...stupid rule I know. Unless you know somebody in Kentucky, you will not able to "wash" that title clean of the salvage branding.

gerardojdm
03-31-2009, 12:58 PM
head ache of reading what everyone has to say, make me not want to fix it anymore.

Kaiser
04-02-2009, 12:26 PM
True, it will still be a salvaged title in GA. Not sure about SC (I would have to look at work) but I know in AL you would only be able to sell the vehicle for parts as you are not able to get a salvaged title...stupid rule I know. Unless you know somebody in Kentucky, you will not able to "wash" that title clean of the salvage branding.

Even if you do this, the vin number will still plainly show the old salvage title and only an idiot who does no research (meaning not even doing a FREE carfax) would buy it as clean. Oh, and if they wise up later on you're looking at jail time for: Fraud, Theft by Deception, Felony Deception, and god knows what else, plus probably Mail fraud and Wire fraud if they can find some way to do it. People who get caught "washing" titles typically get the book thrown at them by the courts because if you get caught once, they will assume you've done it a few times. All-in-all, good luck with that there. It's less risk to just buy a clean-title shell with a straight frame and start swapping parts over. Saves time on repairing frame damage too.