PDA

View Full Version : CEL for my Hatch Please! help

turboSOHC
03-23-2009, 07:33 PM
ive been tryna figure out what can be the problem! but then seem to not be able to check the CEL!

for some reason when i plug in the Wire to chek the CEL it wont BLINK! it'll just stay on and it wont make no move at all!

okay so as of 3/23/09 i just checked my IACV and when i UNPLUGGED THE SENSOR IT WONT IDLE NO MORE! But then when i PLUG it back in it IDLES Up and Down!

does this mean my IACV is bad or no?

please respond

DamnDisLaOsBoY
03-23-2009, 08:00 PM
does the light go on and off every now and then? to the best of my knowledge, turn the key to the on position and once the CEL is on jump it from there... try spraying the IACV with brake cleaner...

turboSOHC
03-23-2009, 08:03 PM
well, yea it goes off wen i turn it to ON! and then wen i start it up it goes back on!
and it wont blink for nothing at all if im tryna check the CEL on that plug by the ECU!

but then my cousin told me to try to spray it but then i wasnt sure!

does the light go on and off every now and then? to the best of my knowledge, turn the key to the on position and once the CEL is on jump it from there... try spraying the IACV with brake cleaner...

BlackDubs
03-23-2009, 08:18 PM
You can only jump the ECU for codes, if the CEL stays on after its cranked. If you try jumping the ECU without the a CEL being on, then the CEL light will just stay on cause there are no codes.

Like he said, try taking out the IACV and clean it when some carb or brake cleaner.

turboSOHC
03-23-2009, 08:21 PM
yes i know that! im saying it wont let me jump it for no kinda codes! even if its just turn to ON!

so iono what it cant be! but then i know wen i unplugg the IACV it idle fine, but then wen i plug it back up it idles roughly up and down! so im not sure if theIACV is bad or not! thats what i know know

EmminoDaGreat
03-23-2009, 08:29 PM
you probably burnt the ecu.

turboSOHC
03-23-2009, 08:32 PM
no if i burnt my ecu it wouldnt be able to turn the car over right?

well, im not sure cause it dont seem like its burnt or nothing!

you probably burnt the ecu.

turboSOHC
03-24-2009, 07:29 AM
ttt, need the help guys

scttydb411
03-24-2009, 08:51 PM
if the cel comes on while the engine is running and then you jump it while it's running and doesn't go out then usually a sign of a bad ecu...not always, but most of the time.

try this...start the car. when the cel comes on stall out the car w/o turning off the key. try jumping it at that point. it'll keep the code stored.

everytime you switch off the car the cel clears from the temporary memory. when you turn the key back on but engine off all the diagnostics are seeing what they want to see, but once it's running it'll be an item that only operates once the engine is running.

is this a chipped ecu? there could be something very simple that needs to be corrected.

turboSOHC
03-25-2009, 09:26 AM
its a all stock p06 ECU! no mods or nothing to the car or anything!

imma have to try my boys ECU out to see if thats the problem!

CEL is off after the is Turn to ON as soon as the Fuel Stop, but then after car is started, 3 seconds later it comes on! so im nt sure whats wrong with it!

it also feels like its not getting enough fuel from 1500k-2000k inbetween that it idels if im sittn still in the drive way and wen i drive it on the streets!

so i have no clue!

if the cel comes on while the engine is running and then you jump it while it's running and doesn't go out then usually a sign of a bad ecu...not always, but most of the time.

try this...start the car. when the cel comes on stall out the car w/o turning off the key. try jumping it at that point. it'll keep the code stored.

everytime you switch off the car the cel clears from the temporary memory. when you turn the key back on but engine off all the diagnostics are seeing what they want to see, but once it's running it'll be an item that only operates once the engine is running.

is this a chipped ecu? there could be something very simple that needs to be corrected.