PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Alarm System Installation Question

eg mike
03-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Alright I got my alarm all hooked up. It is still acting up but there is one thing I do not know how to fix. I added a trunk popper (actuator) to my 1994 civic coupe. The alarm system says it is sending a negative (-) out to the actuator. It also receives ground from another wire to the alarm.

okok

So I am getting a negative sent to the actuator.. ?

I tested this wire with 12volts sent and it pops. ... wish alarm did this.. anyways

I hooked 12v directly to actuator and hooked alarm wire into other plug. Still nothing...

Any ideas?

I also have a problem with the alarm going off after 22 seconds exactly every time it is armed.

David88vert
03-23-2009, 09:24 PM
The negative output from the alarm is only about 150 milliamps - not enough to pop the actuator. You have to run that negative output to a relay, and use that to throw either 12v+ to the actuator (and ground the other side), or to throw a negative from the relay (with the other side of the actuator hooked a 12v+ feed - fused of course).

PTCDC5
03-23-2009, 09:26 PM
The negative output from the alarm is only about 150 milliamps - not enough to pop the actuator. You have to run that negative output to a relay, and use that to throw either 12v+ to the actuator (and ground the other side), or to throw a negative from the relay (with the other side of the actuator hooked a 12v+ feed - fused of course).
:werd: Exactly right. As far as the alarm going off, it sounds like you have either failed to diode isolate, or have incorrectly wired up one of your instand triggers.

eg mike
03-24-2009, 10:19 AM
:werd: Exactly right. As far as the alarm going off, it sounds like you have either failed to diode isolate, or have incorrectly wired up one of your instand triggers.

How do I check this? : "failed to diode isolate"

Awesome! Got some questions on this though.

So I can hook the (-) coming out of the alarm to a relay that is (3 wires if im not mistaken). Hook it in 1 wire. ground another . and the 3rd wire will be sending 12v+ as the new output?

Anyone live near Henry Co. ? I could pay someone to look into the alarm going off every 22 seconds. The car is still stripped from the rebuild... waiting on alarm to finish putting dash in and interior.