PDA

View Full Version : water under the back seat

dread
03-23-2009, 10:54 AM
i purchase a 95 accord ex 4dr with a sunroof, come to find out i found water under the back seat. the carpet was wet & seems like the trunk was wet too. any idea why this happening, thx for your help.

GLulic
03-23-2009, 10:56 AM
the sunroof got left open while it was raining on day...

just sayin'

Barefoot
03-23-2009, 12:53 PM
also could be bad weather stripping the trunk. i mean it can be a bunch of shit. u just got to look around and hunt it down.

Captain-Obvious™
03-23-2009, 01:03 PM
also could be bad weather stripping the trunk. i mean it can be a bunch of shit. u just got to look around and hunt it down.

x2

3 of my hondas have leaked water in from the trunk/hatch and it spreads to the rest of the car from there

gsrteg
03-23-2009, 01:18 PM
grab a cup of water and start pouring around areas you think is leaking...then pinpoint where its froms. I start with windows, windshield, and around the trunk gaps. After that, figure what to do to prevent future leaks: (getting new gaskets/weather strips, and apply sealant).

If worst comes to worst, you might need to repair : welding or riveting, bondo it, and repaint

Master Shake
03-23-2009, 01:39 PM
my girlfriend is having the same problem with her 95 civic ex.

except its only leakin on the passenger floorboard.

i've damn near tore that car apart trying to find out where it was coming from, and i still have no idea.
but i'm thinking it coming from underneath, cause i wash the car and it doesn't get wet, but the shit is soaked after driving in the rain.

bowdown201
03-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Yea my car leaks under the passenger rear seat but Its never alot just more like built up condensation.

Oh yea. I would say sit in the car and have someone spray it with a water hose and just kinda go from there. It may be coming from underneath the car though

speedminded
03-23-2009, 09:53 PM
also could be bad weather stripping the trunk. i mean it can be a bunch of shit. u just got to look around and hunt it down.I love it that everybody thinks it's a cut & dry fix with every single problem on a car...then nobody want to pay the labor for a lengthy diagnosis! It's just like going to a doctor, tests are generally needed first.

i've damn near tore that car apart trying to find out where it was coming from, and i still have no idea.
but i'm thinking it coming from underneath, cause i wash the car and it doesn't get wet, but the shit is soaked after driving in the rain.Anti-freeze or water?

fucksohc
03-23-2009, 09:57 PM
get in the car and have a friend(or enemy just whatever your into) spray a hose in all your jams and you should be able to find the leak and fix it then.

my guess tho would be the weather stripping in your trunk.

Master Shake
03-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Anti-freeze or water?its water. i actually found out where it coming from today. lol.
her dad tried to install a amp into the back, and the power cable running back was ran thru the side by the door instead of thru the firewall, and the water was going down in, into the car.
i removed that shit as soon as i seen it, cause it causin the leak thru the weather stripping.

Barefoot
03-23-2009, 11:31 PM
I love it that everybody thinks it's a cut & dry fix with every single problem on a car...then nobody want to pay the labor for a lengthy diagnosis! It's just like going to a doctor, tests are generally needed first.qft :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Master Shake
03-24-2009, 09:32 AM
does the car have the factory wing?
if it does, the foam or whatever underneath it to protect the trunk from the wing could be bad and allowing water to leak thru, along with what NO MO HONDAS was saying, bad weather stripping.

im_hung
03-27-2009, 08:13 PM

but i'm thinking it coming from underneath, cause i wash the car and it doesn't get wet, but the shit is soaked after driving in the rain.

check this out bro... :goodjob: hope it helps

wwli
03-28-2009, 06:21 PM
That is some good info man.

I have a leak on my ek hatch on the trunk as well. I suspect the rear lights because it's only on the rear section when it rains. However I also suspect the seams on the roof and the hatch hinge seal.

Will have to test it when I get a chance to, and thanks for that info on the 3M sealer.

d16_turbo
03-28-2009, 09:58 PM
my carpet was getting wet too, and it was the sunroof drains

Franco Tirador
03-30-2009, 11:57 AM
check this out bro... :goodjob: hope it helps

you are the man for this one man:goodjob: :goodjob: :bump: :cheers:

dread
03-31-2009, 01:49 PM
thx bro.... great info..........