PDA

View Full Version : Going from Non Powered to Powered Seats

FrnkPwrs
03-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Ok, I got a GOOD deal on some black front seats pulled out of another e36 and they are in almost mind condition. I'm in the process of getting my interior together, and so i was so happy to be able to put in better seats today.

the only problem is, I have non powered seats in my '92. You lift a lever and they slide or tilt. My new seats are powered. Me thinking that I was going to get that BMW pre-wired goodness like the CD Changer and alarm, pulled my seats out and only seen 1 plug, which i figure is the seatsbelt sensor. I need like 3 more plugs for the seats.

Anyone know what I can do to power my new seats? I figure that the only thing seats would need is power to run to each motor [vertical and horizontal lift, etc] and maybe thats what those plugs are for? Do I have to modify the voltage to each motor? My mind is set on installing these seats, seeing how mine are pretty much shot to hell. I can grab the seat harnesses from wrecked e36s on craigslist local here in ATL, but if I have to rig something up, I would want to know which direction I would have to go.

Any help is greatly appreciated

redphantom
03-31-2009, 10:43 AM
just take a look at a powered seats in and e36 and try to compare the wires...if anything i have great black leather seats and they are manual

FrnkPwrs
04-02-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm going to create my own harnesses and go that route. I plan on doing a write up. But my starter went out, LOL, so getting her up and running again is the first priority

redphantom
04-02-2009, 06:22 PM
it sux to change the starter out a couple of stuff you need to remove to ge the starter out...if you need some one to do the work let me know.....

FrnkPwrs
04-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Yea, it REALLY does suck. All last week it rained crazy. Today I tried to get out there to pull the old one, and it was WAAAYYY to cold. tomorrow I gotta man up and do it. I've almost got the intake manifold off.

But I have the cut harnesses from some powered seats that I'm going to wire to my car. Once the starter is in. I'm doing the factory alarm install and seats all in the same day.