PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or????

nightracer
09-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Is something wrong with FEMA and the general Houston public. Granted they're panicking and trying to get out but you can't evac 2 millioni people on a couple highways all at once without problems. I would have at least tried to take the back ways out or head towards the sunset, I.E. the west. I've escaped tornado's that way before and thats the same thing I'd do for an hurricane.

uproot
09-23-2005, 04:36 PM
hmm...i've never heard a hurricane called an h-cane

nightracer
09-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Happy now?

Scrappy
09-23-2005, 04:38 PM
SPELL CHECK IS YOUR FRIEND! millioni is MILLION evac is EVACUATE

uproot
09-23-2005, 04:39 PM
lol i wasnt mad ...

but anyway, yeah thats crazy trying to evacuate all those people on a couple of highways.... but are they telling the people the roads they have to take? or are they just tellin them they have to leave?

nightracer
09-23-2005, 04:47 PM
SPELL CHECK IS YOUR FRIEND! millioni is MILLION evac is EVACUATE
Evac = short for EVACUATE and the other was a typographical error. Thank you for your services though. ;)

Scrappy
09-23-2005, 04:49 PM
no problem, helping the desperate ;)

nightracer
09-23-2005, 04:51 PM
lol i wasnt mad ...

but anyway, yeah thats crazy trying to evacuate all those people on a couple of highways.... but are they telling the people the roads they have to take? or are they just tellin them they have to leave?
I'm not sure. I know Houston has some big roadways and pretty nice long boulevards to speed on so you should be able to find your way out. My philosophy would be to head to the west because NE Texas is going to get slammed with tornados like a plague.. And they get HUGE tornados down there. Its not like in Ohio where we had the coastal air seldomly mixing with Canadian and North Pole wind gusts and making an occasional twister. They could see like several big tornados in an area, at once. :eek: