PDA

View Full Version : back up camera

mark ryan7
03-22-2009, 01:25 AM
my dad just bought a 09 CTS-V and its a beautiful car the only thing he doesnt like about it is that it does not have a back up camera...is there any shops that can install one and have the video go through the stock tv/gps moniter instead of a seperate moniter? feedback will be greatly appreciated!!:D

Got Milk?
03-22-2009, 10:54 AM
He cant drive with out the backup camera?

mark ryan7
03-22-2009, 11:04 AM
He cant drive with out the backup camera?

Ha no hes to lazy...he has an M45 too and that one has the camera so it just gotten to lazy and use to using it..but there are certain situations that the camera comes in usefull alot

DynamicSound
03-22-2009, 11:20 PM
The funny thing is the coupe version they are coming out with is suppose to have it.

GTScoob
03-23-2009, 12:10 AM
WTF? And I was just reading about the new Toyota Venzas having an optional backup camera. When i asked my mom why she opted out of it, she said, for the same reason as why she opted out of the navigation, because she's been driving for 40yrs without it and isnt dependent on stupid gizmos.

When is it useful? For when you forget how to parallel park your car? The only time I'd think it would be useful would be for stealthily checking out milfs walking to their cars in the Kroger parking lot.

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
03-23-2009, 02:48 AM
my camera has been very useful. I drive a 350z and there are terrible blind spots all around the rear area of the car + tint. it helps me on the highway, backing in to spots,etc..

I know when i park next to two long trucks at walmart its hard to see oncoming cars so the camera helps me see cars coming.

my camera runs off my monitor and i can use is whenever i am driving so its not just for reversing. its been a big help in situations. my windows have dark tint so i think its helpful if you plan on tinting your windows.

DynamicSound
03-23-2009, 07:22 AM
WTF? And I was just reading about the new Toyota Venzas having an optional backup camera. When i asked my mom why she opted out of it, she said, for the same reason as why she opted out of the navigation, because she's been driving for 40yrs without it and isnt dependent on stupid gizmos.

When is it useful? For when you forget how to parallel park your car? The only time I'd think it would be useful would be for stealthily checking out milfs walking to their cars in the Kroger parking lot.'

Once you one a few times, you will want it in your car.

mark ryan7
03-23-2009, 09:16 AM

When is it useful? For when you forget how to parallel park your car? The only time I'd think it would be useful would be for stealthily checking out milfs walking to their cars in the Kroger parking lot.

at night backing up with the windows bein so dark is one case and idk if youve been in the new V's but the back seat headrest block alot of the back window and to make it worse the way the window is angled its hard to see out of in the first place plus with the windows tinted so dark.. its just nice to have a back up camera:D

GGPIS3
03-23-2009, 05:24 PM
I will have Beetle look into it for you. I have him shoot you a PM with pricing tomorrow.

mark ryan7
03-23-2009, 06:45 PM
I will have Beetle look into it for you. I have him shoot you a PM with pricing tomorrow.

Greatly appreciate it thanks!!

Beetle
03-25-2009, 01:20 PM
I looked into it for you and i can't find any aftermarket manufactures that make an intrigation peice for that vehicle. Ill see if there is an OEM peice avaliable.

mark ryan7
03-26-2009, 12:22 PM
I looked into it for you and i can't find any aftermarket manufactures that make an intrigation peice for that vehicle. Ill see if there is an OEM peice avaliable.

damn..i cant find anything either! thanks for looking tho!:cheers:

Princess12
03-29-2009, 12:19 AM
hey, i was just doing some browsing and i found this...

http://www.directdepot.net/product_info.php?products_id=16763

not sure if it would work but i think it will

mark ryan7
03-29-2009, 12:37 AM
hey, i was just doing some browsing and i found this...

http://www.directdepot.net/product_info.php?products_id=16763

not sure if it would work but i think it will

Nice find! it looks like it should work...ima look into it! thanks princess!;)