PDA

View Full Version : Duc 999 review

David88vert
03-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Picked up an '05 999 for a friend this afternoon, rode it home for him.

What I liked:
> The transmission is the smoothest tranmission I have ever shifted on a bike. Made my R1s feel clunky, and was smoother than any of the Honda transmissions also.
> Power delivery is very deceptive. Bike felt slow, and like it had no torque compared to my old 02 R1, but in reality was quite powerful, yet easy to ride. The MPH really got up there quick. Hit 130+ without even trying instantly.
> The handling on the stock suspension was as good as my Ohlins R1 with BSTs. Ducs definitely have the handling down pat.
> Stock Brembo brakes were as strong on the bike as my AP brakes on my R1.
> The smoothness of the engine. It wasn't unbearably loud, even with a modded engine, and a full Termi exhaust.

What I didn't:
> The stock seat is the most uncomfortable seat I have ever sat on. I block of wood with nails sticking up and out would be much more comfortable. Can be fixed with a Sargeant seat.
> The bike has one of the most agressive seating positions that I've even been on (including race bikes)>This may also be due to the Sato rearsets, but it was only comfortable in full tuck. Great for the track, but for in-town rides, it is very uncomfortable, if you wish to sit up. Probably could be fixed with keep stock rearsets though.
> Low speed riding - under 16mph, the bike was very jerky, not fun to ride in slow stop-and-go traffic.

I'll get pics of it later.