PDA

View Full Version : aftermrkt HID bulb w/ OEM ballast?

dumpdaccord
03-21-2009, 09:08 AM
is it possible? how do you know which wires to use?

i have infinity ballasts that i want to use....the aftermarket goes out when it rains(doesnt even get wet n goes out)

infinity ballasts have a mesh going from ballast to igniter/bulb connect....how do i mod this to work with aftrmrkt two wire bulb?if at all possible?

pic in a lil bit

rickgiblin
03-21-2009, 09:14 AM
why dont you just get infiniti bulbs and mod the bulb to fit into your housing?

§treet_§peed
03-21-2009, 10:39 AM
it should work as long as the power rating are the same the wattage and voltage. how long it will last i do not know.

DynamicSound
03-21-2009, 06:32 PM
is it possible? how do you know which wires to use?

i have infinity ballasts that i want to use....the aftermarket goes out when it rains(doesnt even get wet n goes out)

infinity ballasts have a mesh going from ballast to igniter/bulb connect....how do i mod this to work with aftrmrkt two wire bulb?if at all possible?

pic in a lil bit

No, it is not compatible. The Infiniti ballasts will require either a D2R or D2S depending on year. You will need that same bulb in a 55 watt version. D series bulbs do not have wires coming from them, so if you have 2 wires coming from the bulb, you do not have D2R or D2S bulbs. Any modifying will probably just blow the bulbs. Why not just buy aftermarket ballasts??

uproot
03-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah buying aftermarkets would be better, they're not too much and at least you'd have peace of mind

dumpdaccord
03-24-2009, 05:03 AM
why dont you just get infiniti bulbs and mod the bulb to fit into your housing?

couldnt find ne blown stock bulbs, until sunday, got one in....gotta finish the other......