did you search?

redrumracer
03-21-2009, 01:09 AM
im pretty sure there has been a thread on this

did you search?
does anybody search these days.

speedminded
03-21-2009, 01:32 AM
More than 2" up or down from stock height is illegal in the state of Georgia.

X-Runner
03-21-2009, 01:34 AM
More than 2" up or down from stock height is illegal in the state of Georgia.

:yes:

sleepys4
03-21-2009, 02:46 AM
Apparently not for trucks! Just Hondas. Code section 10:31:18 GA STATE LAW

JDMJAYDC2
03-21-2009, 07:06 AM
lol i was about to say cause i see lots of dudes with lifted trucks with super swampers on them or baller mickey thomspsons but if its 2 inches then yeah lol im in trouble lol

uproot
03-21-2009, 07:12 AM
I thought your headlights just had to be within a certain height range from the road....

wrekonize
03-21-2009, 07:56 AM
you heard that on mtv's true life.......lol

I thought your headlights just had to be within a certain height range from the road....

quickdodge®
03-21-2009, 08:02 AM
lol i was about to say cause i see lots of dudes with lifted trucks with super swampers on them or baller mickey thomspsons but if its 2 inches then yeah lol im in trouble lol

Lolol. It's technically for all vehicles, man. Later, QD.

speedminded
03-21-2009, 08:12 AM
TITLE 40. MOTOR VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC
CHAPTER 8. EQUIPMENT AND INSPECTION OF MOTOR VEHICLES
ARTICLE 1. EQUIPMENT GENERALLY
PART 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS

O.C.G.A. § 40-8-6 (2008)

40-8-6. Alteration of suspension system; operation of vehicle with broken springs

(a) It shall be unlawful to alter the suspension system of any private passenger motor vehicle which may be operated on any public street or highway more than two inches above or below the factory recommendation for any such vehicle.

(b) It shall be unlawful to operate any private passenger motor vehicle upon any highway, roadway, or street if the suspension system of such vehicle has been altered more than two inches above or below the factory recommendation for such vehicle.

(c) It shall be unlawful to operate any motor vehicle upon any highway, roadway, or street if the springs relative to the suspension system are broken.

(d) Any person violating this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

PART 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS

O.C.G.A. § 40-8-6.1 (2008)

40-8-6.1. Raised chassis vehicles

(a) As used in this Code section, the term:

(1) "Frame" means the main longitudinal structural members of the chassis of a truck.

(2) "Frame height" means the vertical distance between a level surface and the lowest point on the frame of a truck, measured when the truck is upon such level surface without a load.

(3) "Gross vehicle weight rating" means the manufacturer's gross vehicle weight rating whether or not the vehicle is modified by use of parts not originally installed by the manufacturer.

(b) It shall be unlawful to alter the suspension system of any truck with a gross vehicle weight rating of 4,500 pounds or less, which may be operated on any public street or highway, so as to exceed 27 inches as measured from the surface of the street to the lowest point on the frame of the truck.

(c) It shall be unlawful to alter the suspension system of any truck with a gross vehicle weight rating of not less than 4,501 pounds and not more than 7,500 pounds, which may be operated on any public street or highway, so as to exceed 30 inches as measured from the surface of the street to the lowest point on the frame of the truck.

(d) It shall be unlawful to alter the suspension system of any truck with a gross vehicle weight rating of not less than 7,501 pounds and not more than 14,000 pounds, which may be operated on any public street or highway, so as to exceed 31 inches as measured from the surface of the street to the lowest point on the frame of the truck.

(e) It shall be unlawful to operate any truck upon any highway, roadway, or street if the suspension system has been altered in excess of the limitations provided for in this Code section.

(f) Any person violating this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

FRYLOCK
03-21-2009, 08:24 AM
i just got a ticket for it last night my frame was 1 3/4 inches off the ground lol

speedminded
03-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Here's an interesting one, apparently you can't drive with no suspension at all lol!

GEORGIA CODE
Copyright 2008 by The State of Georgia
All rights reserved.

*** Current through the 2008 Regular Session ***

PART 4. HORNS, EXHAUST SYSTEMS, MIRRORS, WINDSHIELDS, TIRES, SAFETY BELTS, ENERGY ABSORPTION SYSTEMS

O.C.G.A. § 40-8-77 (2008)

40-8-77. Energy absorption system

(a) As used in this Code section, the term "private passenger automobile" shall mean a four-wheel motor vehicle designed for carrying ten passengers or less, not for hire, for use on public roads and highways, and not designed for use as a dwelling or for camping, provided that the term "private passenger automobile" shall not include a multipurpose vehicle, which is, for the purposes of this Code section, defined as a motor vehicle, except a trailer, designed to carry ten passengers or less and constructed either on a truck chassis or with special features for occasional off-road operation.

(b) Every new private passenger automobile manufactured on and after August 1, 1973, which is sold or licensed in this state shall be sold subject to the manufacturer's warranty that it is equipped with an appropriate energy absorption system conforming to all federal motor vehicle safety standards applicable to such automobile on the date of manufacture. The warranty may be given by means of the federal safety standard certification label affixed to the automobile.

HISTORY: Ga. L. 1971, p. 373, §§ 1-3; Ga. L. 1974, p. 8, § 1; Ga. L. 1976, p. 1413, § 1; Code 1933, § 68E-408, enacted by Ga. L. 1982, p. 165, § 4; Code 1981, § 40-8-77, enacted by Ga. L. 1982, p. 165, § 10; Ga. L. 1992, p. 2785, § 28.

wwli
03-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Dang yo, GA laws are so weird man.

Before when I was in Miami I also received a citation for height but in Florida it was 23 inches from the middle of the vehicles Headlight to the ground.

Now thanks to this reading I just learned something new and at the worst time too. Now cops are writing everyone in their mothers a ticket for $$$$. Just like that time I got a ticket for "Laying Drag" which costed me $400.

Laying Drag = anytime when the vehicle makes the tire screatching sound this applies to the new asphalt parking lots and stuff. I got caught making a turn on a new paved road. Cops are bigger dicks now so watch out people.

Mr. Clean
03-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Dang yo, GA laws are so weird man.

Before when I was in Miami I also received a citation for height but in Florida it was 23 inches from the middle of the vehicles Headlight to the ground.

Now thanks to this reading I just learned something new and at the worst time too. Now cops are writing everyone in their mothers a ticket for $$$$. Just like that time I got a ticket for "Laying Drag" which costed me $400.

Laying Drag = anytime when the vehicle makes the tire screatching sound this applies to the new asphalt parking lots and stuff. I got caught making a turn on a new paved road. Cops are bigger dicks now so watch out people.

incest has been illegal for a while, though i'm not sure on the Ga regulations. if you got a ticket i'm sure you deserved it anyway.

quickdodge®
03-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Here's an interesting one, apparently you can't drive with no suspension at all lol!

I guess I'm glad I put the springs back in my CVCC. Later, QD.

SiR EG2
03-21-2009, 04:06 PM
i just got a ticket for it last night my frame was 1 3/4 inches off the ground lol
damn was it GCPD?

Captain-Obvious™
03-21-2009, 10:22 PM

your car doesn't have a frame...

Kyle
03-21-2009, 11:34 PM
air-ride for the win. thats my next step.

jew_boy
03-21-2009, 11:36 PM
im pretty sure there has been a thread on this

did you search?

No he didnt search, i know for a fact there is one i posted up the law in GA for lowering cars just go to search man and look around it might take alittle time but it on here

d_day87
03-21-2009, 11:41 PM
air-ride for the win. thats my next step.

wish that was my next step. :D

Atlblkz06
03-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Technically my ride is not DOT compliant? :lmfao:
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo276/1500goon/donk.jpg

wwli
03-22-2009, 03:47 PM
incest has been illegal for a while, though i'm not sure on the Ga regulations. if you got a ticket i'm sure you deserved it anyway.

Are you serious man????

Anyways,

It's called "Stereotype" and no I did not deserve a ticket. Just because I own a modified car does not mean I deserve a ticket. Please know your facts before making stupid comments like that.

quickdodge®
03-22-2009, 03:51 PM
It's called "Stereotype" and no I did not deserve a ticket. Just because I own a modified car does not mean I deserve a ticket. Please know your facts before making stupid comments like that.

Right. No one ever deserves their tickets. Every person in possession of a driver's license is a great, perfect driver. Come on, man. Don't try to put all that "cops are idiot" banter down on here. You had to have been doing a little more than just making a simple turn in order to cause your tires to squeal. I guarantee you that. And for that, you deserve the ticket. You drive unlawfully, you get caught, you get ticketed. Later, QD.

wwli
03-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Maybe your right maybe your wrong but one day you will know how I felt...one day!!!!

Not all cops are honest if you don't know that already yet.:2cents:

quickdodge®
03-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Maybe your right maybe your wrong but one day you will know how I felt...one day!!!!

Not all cops are honest if you don't know that already yet.:2cents:
I never thought they all are good, no. And I doubt I will ever think that my ticket was unmerited. You're one of those "they got me cause of my race, they got me cause of my car, they got me for my clothing style" type people that have to pass the blame to anyone but yourself. Later, QD.

AE86Raptor
03-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Well, I got pulled over in Cumming about a month ago for the suspicion of having too dark of window tint. I did nothing to alert the officer and before the stop I knew he was running my plate because he was typing into his Toughbook while we were at the traffic light. Of course, I didn't get a ticket because they're street legal (32%), but I got a warning about my license plate bezel because it was covering the the county I'm from, even though my plate is a custom one. I admit I knew about the bezel but I had ran it for three years and never had anything said to me until now. It was also the first time I was pulled over for a supposed window tint violation. There are good cops but also some not so good ones. Also, remember because of the state of the economy, a lot of the counties are targeting the little things for some revenue.