PDA

View Full Version : Z06 vs. T88H Supra

SilviaK93
09-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Last night as many were leaving the normal northside meeting spot a red Supra rolls into the parking lot. The car was on stock chrome wheels, N1 style exhaust, FMIC, and Mahdavi Motorsport stickers on each window. I ask the driver about the car as I assume MM did the work. He says it is single with a T88H kit on it. I ask to see under the hood and he allows. Definately a T88 as I can read the label on the Greddy turbo. We talk some more and this is the information that he gave me:

T88H
HKS FMIC
26psi
???hp/???tq
Kit installed by MM
going to have dynoed by BG here soon

He is up for a run so we talk about where to run and we go. He had a passenger with a vidoe camera so all three runs were on tape.

1st run- 50mph roll Z06 jumped alittle earlier and shutdown around 85mph
2nd run- 50mph roll Z06 ahead by 2 cars up to 110mph
3rd run- 45mph roll Z06 pulls ahead 2-2.5 cars up to 135mph and shutdown

I thought there was something wrong with his car so I got off at the next ramp and we met at a gas station. He said everything was ok, and I kindof felt bad for him at this time.:( His buddy was VERY hesitant to let me see the video after they said they were not going back to the meeting spot. We chatted for about 10 mins and I finally got a little mad and told him i wanted to see the video. I saw the 2nd and 3rd race, and you could hear the jet like sound of the massive turbo. I had questioned his driving ability but from the video he was definately on it, and was shifting pretty quick. From the angle of the video you could see me put cars on him, and then we would stay even once the turbo hit boost. Even up to the 130-140 range he never would start catching up to me.

If I were to guess this car would have to be in the 500-525hp range. Due to weight and pump gas I had the major advantage lucky for me.

And to eliminate any confusion this was ALL MOTOR for the Z...;)

tony
09-23-2005, 01:10 PM
I was going to ask how this came out.. T88 at 26psi???? Just from reading this I figured he would have blown you away.

HiPSI
09-23-2005, 02:46 PM
guess i need to go give them a try :)

Xrated O.G.
09-23-2005, 02:49 PM
I guess it all depends on how bad the Poopra really needs to be tuned. Untuned and I could see this happen very easily. By no means does that take anything away from the Z. I am really liking how Marshall has just been going out and bullying all these cars. You go boy...

Clark94T
09-23-2005, 03:08 PM
T88H
HKS FMIC
26psi
???hp/???tq
Kit installed by MM
going to have dynoed by BG here soon

If I were to guess this car would have to be in the 500-525hp range. Due to weight and pump gas I had the major advantage lucky for me.

So this guy was on pump gas and he said he was running 26psi? On roadtrips when I run pump gas, I never go over 16-17psi in my supra.

chnco
09-23-2005, 05:42 PM
26psi + Pump Gas = Blown up Supra :)

There definitely was something wrong with the Supra, even on pump, with a T88H and proper supporting mods, it should definitely be making some good power.

smackdown
09-23-2005, 07:45 PM
26psi + Pump Gas = Blown up Supra :)

There definitely was something wrong with the Supra, even on pump, with a T88H and proper supporting mods, it should definitely be making some good power.

:stupid:
t-88 dyno :)
http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/198/t88dyno5du.th.jpg (http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=t88dyno5du.jpg)

Luv2spd
09-23-2005, 07:58 PM
I was there to witness it. Marshall walked that shit easy. I was really surprised. Supra sounded good. That's about it. It looks like it had been in a damn dust storm though. FILTHY :doh: POOR SUPRA

HiPSI
09-23-2005, 08:22 PM
http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/198/t88dyno5du.th.jpg (http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=t88dyno5du.jpg)

that graph sure as hell wasn't done on pump gas ;).

Luv2spd
09-23-2005, 10:26 PM
that graph sure as hell wasn't done on pump gas ;).

No supra's dyno is ever done on pump gas thats why there DYNO QUEENS ;)

WINDSOR
09-23-2005, 10:40 PM
needs nitrous to spool to beat the zo6. I don't understand why some of these guys put a laggy turbo on a small motor like that. I mean look at clarks car...PT71 and the car runs hard and spools fast.

Got powerband?

UpSideDownDesi
09-23-2005, 10:52 PM
doesn't one of the Madavi owners own a red supra or owners bro????

RotiEatter
09-24-2005, 08:21 AM
Nice Kill...

What a shitty running Supra though, eh

SilviaK93
09-24-2005, 11:43 AM
So this guy was on pump gas and he said he was running 26psi? On roadtrips when I run pump gas, I never go over 16-17psi in my supra.

I hear ya Clark. This is the info the guy gave me, and after we ran he I asked him what he was boosting at and he said 20psi. He never really said anything about pump gas, BUT I can only assume it was pump as C16 would have pulled buses on me from any gear.:(

SilviaK93
09-24-2005, 11:45 AM
needs nitrous to spool to beat the zo6. I don't understand why some of these guys put a laggy turbo on a small motor like that. I mean look at clarks car...PT71 and the car runs hard and spools fast.

Got powerband?

Yeah I say the same thing. He had a passenger and a full stereo. That just made it worst for him. The car is laggy, HEAVY, and on pump gas. Z06>His Supra :D

SilviaK93
09-24-2005, 11:46 AM
doesn't one of the Madavi owners own a red supra or owners bro????

Yes Patrcyja owns the car, and it was not hers by any means. This car was straight dirty as heck.

SilviaK93
09-24-2005, 11:53 AM
I am really liking how Marshall has just been going out and bullying all these cars. You go boy...

I dont intend to nor do I think mine is the fastest thing on the road, BUT many people under estimate the car even in stock trim. Like Vipers many Z06 owners cant DRIVE and get beat by cars who shouldnt have a chance normally. I raced a 300+hp SR 240 last week with a passenger in my car and he hung with me up to 100 then I started pulling slowly. :eek:

I owned a car with similar power and I was surprised to say the least. Come to find out this week that I was making hp/tq that of a STOCK Z06. With a passenger it totally makes since. Wonder if that 240 owner would want to line it up again w/o a passenger and me making sig numbers?????? ;)

HiPSI
09-24-2005, 12:46 PM
sure... we'll hit the track and run ;)

1439/2000
09-24-2005, 12:54 PM

Because Allen doesnt know about big turbo supras.... :rolleyes:

I call bs that was done on pump.

PSINXS
09-24-2005, 01:19 PM
Your Z06 is Satan on wheels.

good kills u been having

Vteckidd
09-24-2005, 02:12 PM
not to take anything away frmo these kills, but i see all these people talking about "viper owners cant drive " and "z06 owners cant drive". how fucking hard is it to do a highway pull, i mean, come one, its not rocket science ;)

:)

PhAtBoYMr2
09-24-2005, 02:54 PM
not to take anything away frmo these kills, but i see all these people talking about "viper owners cant drive " and "z06 owners cant drive". how fucking hard is it to do a highway pull, i mean, come one, its not rocket science ;)

werd

good kills, although a good running t88 supra running 26psi shouldve ran away from you, good kill nevertheless.

run what you brung

mogallo
10-04-2005, 09:17 PM
You know what..... i was about to call BS.... but then i saw the part about how the car was built by Madhavi........................................... ..... Nuff said.....

SilviaK93
10-05-2005, 11:53 AM

very true and I would have always thought the same. Thing is many Z owners dont shift at the right time, or fast enough. I have heard where they shift at 5500 or 5800rpm when running hard. They claim they want to be easy on the car and red will only hurt it in the long run. Then they shift as if they are driving a Nissan Frontier---SLOWWWW.

I on the other hand tac mine to 6800rpm and slam every gear! Puts me right back in the perfect band each time. :D

SilviaK93
10-05-2005, 11:54 AM
a good running t88 supra running 26psi shouldve ran away from you.

Without a doubt- no arguement there! :goodjob:

SilviaK93
10-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Your Z06 is Satan on wheels.

Actually it is a great grocery getter. I went shopping at Wal-Mart and had $284 worth of groceries, movies, clothes, etc in the trunk. Needless to say it scraped like a bit*h going over speed bumps in the complex. ooppsss

Sam
12-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Come now Marshall. Now that you have a ZO6 you think it's the fastest thing in the world, just like your Sylvia was. I built that car for that kid and it did do over 500 untuned, and we still haven't tuned it. You have been driving fast cars for years, now and he's had that thing 6 months. I will drive it and promise to beat you, but only on the track. To say that driver has nothing to do with racing is obsurd. If you don't shift a 6 speed supra right with a big turbo you can get your ass handed to you, but if you do it right, you'll be handing asses out. If you recall the Bristol race with me against the Afantis Bro in his 6 speed you'll see what I mean. He ran a serous number, but because he fucked up at the hole I beat him barely, but his trap speend was like 30mph more than mine. I'll race you in Patrycia red auto with 100 less hp and still beat you. In that case driver has a lot to do with it. Also the Zo6 has a serious power band, and if you flinch or fall asleep you'll get beat by one. Also don't you have nos on that.

I am sure you heard about the Jaime's Lexus, Viper race right? From what I hear Jaime fucked him up. Now I built that car and know the power and know the weight of it, and Jaime beat him bad. I would have to see it to believe it, and I built the car. It did 400/410 at the wheel on lowe boost 7psi. You tell people that and half won't believe you. So please the shit talking and street racing needs to stop. Ryan is a senior in high school and it's his first fast car, let's let him enjoy it. Now I know your smarter than this, Marshall.

HiPSI
12-20-2005, 08:59 AM
old thread, Z06 has been sold.

99SI
12-20-2005, 09:06 AM
lol, wow, about three months late on this thread there bud. Congrats on being able to actually find it though! ;)

PSINXS
12-20-2005, 10:52 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/psinxs/old_newsisexciting.jpg

Sam
12-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Sorry, we were racing and taking care of our sponsor at SEMA. I just saw this thread because we don't get on the net, as you can see by my status. THis thread was brought up in another recent thread. Thank you.