PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Honda Bashing?

chico78
03-20-2009, 01:42 AM
Why does anyone bash on them? Mainly civics. Who gives a crap that everybody and their brother seems to have one. People like their civics and it makes sense to have one. They are cheap to buy, fix, mod, etc. They are one of the most reliable cars you can have. And if you do blow up an engine, no big deal, swap it for CHEAP! If you are into modding you can almost build an entire car out of aftermarket parts and the parts are readily available from all over the country. Takes very little, if anything, to make one look good. And with the right parts they are FAST. So why would you bash a car that is good in so many ways?

81911SC
03-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Moved to Car Talk.

speedminded
03-20-2009, 01:57 AM
If it's take very little to look good then why do most look like shit? lol!

Aftermarket parts are the same price as any other compact car.

They are one of the top two stolen import "tuner" cars.

If you truly believe everything you said why get defensive or care what others think or say? ;)

joseph dale
03-20-2009, 02:16 AM
we dont bash the cars, just the people.

Turbodude06
03-20-2009, 02:18 AM
idk about the same price, civic parts are much cheaper then others......

speedminded
03-20-2009, 02:25 AM
idk about the same price, civic parts are much cheaper then others......What parts? Compared to what models/cars?

joseph dale
03-20-2009, 02:50 AM
Why does anyone bash on them? Mainly civics. Who gives a crap that everybody and their brother seems to have one. People like their civics and it makes sense to have one. They are cheap to buy, fix, mod, etc. They are one of the most reliable cars you can have. And if you do blow up an engine, no big deal, swap it for CHEAP! If you are into modding you can almost build an entire car out of aftermarket parts and the parts are readily available from all over the country. Takes very little, if anything, to make one look good. And with the right parts they are FAST. So why would you bash a car that is good in so many ways?

there actually no different from any other 4cyl econobox.. you could say the same for a toyota/mazda/nissan/mitsu etc...

K20Z1
03-20-2009, 09:40 AM
k swap civic isn't cheap

oneSLOWex
03-20-2009, 09:41 AM
REAL parts are not cheap either....egay is stupid

93delsol15
03-20-2009, 02:38 PM
im with bill anything can be cheap if you make it cheap....

thepolecat
03-20-2009, 02:59 PM
I like my civic- I dont care wha others say-

Why waste time devoting a whole thread to it- no one will ever be completely happy with every car out there.

redrumracer
03-20-2009, 03:15 PM
FWD
EVERYWHERE(not unique enough)
NOT RWD
I JUST DONT LIKE THEM.

MINI
03-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah I rarely see a good looking honda.

AirMax95
03-20-2009, 03:32 PM
The ones that are bashed are the ones that are trashed.

quickdodge®
03-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Takes very little, if anything, to make one look good. And with the right parts they are FAST.

Correction. It takes A LOT to make a Civic look good these days. They can look decent, but to make it look good needs a shitload of imagination.

As far as "with the right parts" goes? Money needs to be sunk to make that car fast. Later, QD.

Captain-Obvious™
03-20-2009, 03:40 PM
who cares anyway?

quickdodge®
03-20-2009, 03:45 PM
who cares anyway?

I agree. If you're not building whatever car it is your building for yourself, then you're in the wrong hobby. Later, QD.

Captain-Obvious™
03-20-2009, 03:47 PM
I agree. If you're not building whatever car it is your building for yourself, then you're in the wrong hobby. Later, QD.

well said sir...

EJ25RUN
03-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Wasn't this discussed:

7 times in 2005
4 times in 2006
8 times in 2007
13 times in 2008
2 times in 2009

Enough is enough.

MINI
03-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Wasn't this discussed:

7 times in 2005
4 times in 2006
8 times in 2007
13 times in 2008
2 times in 2009

Enough is enough.

Why the spike in 2008? :thinking:

:lmfao:

EJ25RUN
03-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Why the spike in 2008? :thinking:

:lmfao:

I frequented IA more in 08 than those other years. My tally sheets were filling up on all counts that year. lol

Mr.RedLine
03-20-2009, 05:42 PM
everyone bashes on civics for not looking "JDM" everyone has a different taste when they wanna hook there car up!! i for one hate body kits and neons and the stick on fender bling that Autozone like's to sell but they sell it cuz there's gonna b sum jackass out there who will put it on there civic..and besides it dont matter how much sh#T u talk about sumone's Honda not lookin JDM there still gonna make there car look how they want it to look!! its a free world fuck wat people say!!

GTScoob
03-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Some of us like building unique cars, others like to look like everybody else. You can say the same for how you dress as well.

And there is nothing you can do to a civic that hasnt been done a million times before. I only bash guys that think that their civic is more than an econobox because they put turbos and whatnot onto it. And I laugh even more at the guys that try to make their Civics look even more high dollar with fancy leather interiors, puddle lights, HIDs, etc.

chico78
03-20-2009, 06:04 PM
I didn't get defensive. I just asked why and stated some positives about the cars. I couldn't personally care any less about what other people think or say about a car. If I like a car, then I like it regardless of anyone eles' opinion about it.

If you truly believe everything you said why get defensive or care what others think or say? ;)

speedminded
03-20-2009, 06:11 PM
everyone bashes on civics for not looking "JDM" everyone has a different taste when they wanna hook there car up!! i for one hate body kits and neons and the stick on fender bling that Autozone like's to sell but they sell it cuz there's gonna b sum jackass out there who will put it on there civic..and besides it dont matter how much sh#T u talk about sumone's Honda not lookin JDM there still gonna make there car look how they want it to look!! its a free world fuck wat people say!!People that refer to JDM as being a style are complete idiots. They should be required to walk around with high voltage shockers on their genitalia and every time they say it they can smell their own burning pubes and flesh.

Mr.RedLine
03-20-2009, 06:21 PM
lol thats funny JDM isn't a style yur right!! its 3 letters stating if yur corner lights arent amber enough its not JDM or if yur tail lights arent JDM or all those little bullshit things that make people think its JDM and payin top dollar for it..idk if wat i said made sense idc cuz im drunk right now and this is funny to read but its becoming hard to so im gonna leave wit this last statment..i love Honda's cuz there reliable nd they save me money at QT so i can get beer!! thank you Honda for making civics and thank u PasswordJDM cuz if it wasnt for u this thread wouldnt b posted!! everyone have a great weekend im sure we will b revving motors at other badass Honda's...

EJ25RUN
03-20-2009, 06:39 PM
lol thats funny JDM isn't a style yur right!! its 3 letters stating if yur corner lights arent amber enough its not JDM or if yur tail lights arent JDM or all those little bullshit things that make people think its JDM and payin top dollar for it..idk if wat i said made sense idc cuz im drunk right now and this is funny to read but its becoming hard to so im gonna leave wit this last statment..i love Honda's cuz there reliable nd they save me money at QT so i can get beer!! thank you Honda for making civics and thank u PasswordJDM cuz if it wasnt for u this thread wouldnt b posted!! everyone have a great weekend im sure we will b revving motors at other badass Honda's...

Trying to prove a point while referencing beer isn't usually a good idea.

RL...
03-20-2009, 07:02 PM
FWD
4 CYLINDERS
TOO COMMON

But they are great cars, I just would never own one.

Got Milk?
03-20-2009, 07:33 PM
I like my civic, the vteck spools up really nice, and it handles really good.

RX4BRDM
03-20-2009, 10:03 PM
FWD
EVERYWHERE(not unique enough)
NOT RWD
I JUST DONT LIKE THEM.

My Honda is RWD.

87 Turbo II
03-20-2009, 10:29 PM
I hate them BECAUSE of the reasons you posted.

First of all, the fact that everyone has one makes them uninteresting to see modded, and less individualistic. Even really clean ones bore the shit out of me just cause I see Civics all the time.

Seconds, The cheap to buy, fix, mod, etc. is another reason it's just not interesting. It's harder to respect someone who basically bought a Lego of a car for nearly nothing and put one of the millions of readily avaliable parts that were easy as hell to track down, afford, and install.

-Takes very little, if anything, to look good- yeah, once again, no respect, you did less work, so how should I LIKE your car for that, secondly, looks are an pinion, I think most FWD cars look like shit because of their offsets and fender sizes, and wheel sizes (in proportion to car).

The fast thing goes with the respect, it was too easy to make it fast, so I don't really care.

Just to add to the list of bad things:

FWD, never really a sports car nor ever intended to be. It's a grocery getter with good MPG and it's trying to hard to live outside it's own status bracket. People just starting MAKING them something fast, and with enough support that could happen to anything.

speedminded
03-21-2009, 01:56 AM
I hate them BECAUSE of the reasons you posted.

First of all, the fact that everyone has one makes them uninteresting to see modded, and less individualistic. Even really clean ones bore the shit out of me just cause I see Civics all the time.

Seconds, The cheap to buy, fix, mod, etc. is another reason it's just not interesting. It's harder to respect someone who basically bought a Lego of a car for nearly nothing and put one of the millions of readily avaliable parts that were easy as hell to track down, afford, and install.

-Takes very little, if anything, to look good- yeah, once again, no respect, you did less work, so how should I LIKE your car for that, secondly, looks are an pinion, I think most FWD cars look like shit because of their offsets and fender sizes, and wheel sizes (in proportion to car).

The fast thing goes with the respect, it was too easy to make it fast, so I don't really care.

FWD, never really a sports car nor ever intended to be. It's a grocery getter with good MPG and it's trying to hard to live outside it's own status bracket. People just starting MAKING them something fast, and with enough support that could happen to anything.LOLOL! The Integra Type-R obviously was never meant to be a sports car.

How about a challenge of any Mazda (other than Star/Formula) built for under $20k including the chassis vs. this Del Sol? Any road course on the east coast south of VIR down to Homestead...

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=184142&stc=1

Humphrizzle
03-21-2009, 02:26 AM
i dont like most honda owners..

but i love my car.

Humphrizzle
03-21-2009, 02:28 AM
LOLOL! The Integra Type-R obviously was never meant to be a sports car.

How about a challenge of any Mazda (other than Star/Formula) built for under $20k including the chassis vs. this Del Sol? Any road course on the east coast south of VIR down to Homestead...

damn.. every post you have is like everything i want to say.

you just say it first.

Humphrizzle
03-21-2009, 02:30 AM
FWD
4 CYLINDERS
TOO COMMON

But they are great cars, I just would never own one.

sure a civic is common, but a nice looking one is rare..

i see more maximas, cobalts, tcs, neons, etc. than i do 99-00 civic Sis

green91
03-21-2009, 07:16 AM

i see more maximas, cobalts, tcs, neons, etc. than i do 99-00 civic Sis

Yeah because they've all been stolen and stripped and are rotting in junk yards!!

speedminded
03-21-2009, 08:51 AM

i see more maximas, cobalts, tcs, neons, etc. than i do 99-00 civic SisOther than a well built road race neon the cars you mentioned are scary to drive hard.

bRiAnMcIvIcS
03-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Yeah because they've all been stolen and stripped and are rotting in junk yards!!

TRUE!

Nashville
03-21-2009, 09:55 AM
who ever said that making a civic look unique, is a retard. its not hard to make your car look unique. just do what you want. and not what other people are doing. find a car that looks like mine..

87 Turbo II
03-21-2009, 10:44 AM
LOLOL! The Integra Type-R obviously was never meant to be a sports car.

Shut up, everyone throws the Type R in my face when I say the Civic/Integra series was never meant to be a sports car. First of all, I was talking about the 90% of this entire site driving a honda motor Co. car, 70%of which aren't driving the top end Si, Type R, S2000, or other "sporty Hondas". Secondly, the CIVIC ACCORD AND INTREGRA weren't ever designed from the bare chassis to be a sports car, the manufacturer just pours oodles of their high dollar research and development into their everyday econoboxes to come up with the Type R projects. They didn't build the Civic from scratch thinking "This chassis needs to be perfectly balanced with as little weight as possible and the highest technology braking and suspension we can afford to put in." No they're thinking "How can we make this as cheap as possible without feeling so cheap that o one likes it?" Then LATER as an AFTERTHOUGHT, Honda goes "Ya know, if we sell a few of them with engines that we develop with our F1 technology, beef up the suspension a little, and move some shit around to try and balance the car out a bit better, I bet we can impress the sports crowd a bit." As apposed to the Rx-7, Supra, Corvette, etc. which where they are designed from the very beginning on a drawing board to production to appeal to enthusiasts. This is the reason these cars have "soul" something you'll often hear about on top Gear when Jeremy drives a Ferrari.

Why can't everyone just be ok with the fact I hate Hondas? They always have to throw around the S2000 and NSX and The Type R cars. Of course there are always exceptions, but not everyone on this site is rocking a Type R.

P.S. If it weren't for the Mazda Rx-7, the Type R project wouldn't have even started. Honda Built the NSX in 1991 and raced it against the Evo, the GTR, the current Supra, and the FC chassis Rx-7 in determination that their new $90,000 car would be the fastest amungst all the current Japanese sports cars. It won, in 93when the FD came out, Honda did it again, the NSX came second only to the FD. Honda was pisssed because the FD cost 1/3 as much, so they decided to build the first Type R ever, the NSX Type R, JUST to beat the Rx-7s lap time, which they barely did by .2 seconds. Go look itup in the Type R history video.

I'm not going to touch on the Del Sol challenge because one car is irrelevant. Also that Del Sol wouldn't have ever existed if ti weren't for the success of the Mazda Miata that Honda wanted in on, only the Miata is the best selling 2 seater car of all time, the del Sol, is out of production.

Captain-Obvious™
03-21-2009, 10:52 AM
again...who really cares anyway?

Twan0690
03-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Well my opinion is that because they can be bought for pretty cheap, alot of people buy them and destroy their appeal. Half a** spoilers, hideous body kits, and other random craziness like the chrome colored windshield wipers at auto zone. Things like that creates a negative stigma towards civics and some times tuners for that matter. :2cents:

01CDMLUDER
03-25-2009, 12:49 PM
I don't know why ppl always bash on honda's but it doesn't bother me at all... I drive a Prelude

Sammich
03-25-2009, 12:53 PM
What parts? Compared to what models/cars?

agreed, coilover setup for a civic/integra is about the same price as a coilover setup for my maxima. alot of things are the same price. civics/integras are easier to fix than most other cars

Greddypacked
03-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Well my opinion is that because they can be bought for pretty cheap, alot of people buy them and destroy their appeal. Half a** spoilers, hideous body kits, and other random craziness like the chrome colored windshield wipers at auto zone. Things like that creates a negative stigma towards civics and some times tuners for that matter. :2cents:
Yep... Honda is a great car BUT... its what people do to some of them that gives them a bad rap. Putting the right kind of mods on a car in packages and peices usually helps. Like some people (not just certain Honda owners but several people) will put a wing on a stock car, neon lights, heavy chrome wheels, stickers that mean squat, and a muffler tip that sounds like a beee. This is the reason some people bash Honda's, cuz some people put cheap stuff on there ride. I have seen some bad ass Honda's though, and i mean there fresh.

bigdare23
03-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Shut up, everyone throws the Type R in my face when I say the Civic/Integra series was never meant to be a sports car. First of all, I was talking about the 90% of this entire site driving a honda motor Co. car, 70%of which aren't driving the top end Si, Type R, S2000, or other "sporty Hondas". Secondly, the CIVIC ACCORD AND INTREGRA weren't ever designed from the bare chassis to be a sports car, the manufacturer just pours oodles of their high dollar research and development into their everyday econoboxes to come up with the Type R projects. They didn't build the Civic from scratch thinking "This chassis needs to be perfectly balanced with as little weight as possible and the highest technology braking and suspension we can afford to put in." No they're thinking "How can we make this as cheap as possible without feeling so cheap that o one likes it?" Then LATER as an AFTERTHOUGHT, Honda goes "Ya know, if we sell a few of them with engines that we develop with our F1 technology, beef up the suspension a little, and move some shit around to try and balance the car out a bit better, I bet we can impress the sports crowd a bit." As apposed to the Rx-7, Supra, Corvette, etc. which where they are designed from the very beginning on a drawing board to production to appeal to enthusiasts. This is the reason these cars have "soul" something you'll often hear about on top Gear when Jeremy drives a Ferrari.

Why can't everyone just be ok with the fact I hate Hondas? They always have to throw around the S2000 and NSX and The Type R cars. Of course there are always exceptions, but not everyone on this site is rocking a Type R.

P.S. If it weren't for the Mazda Rx-7, the Type R project wouldn't have even started. Honda Built the NSX in 1991 and raced it against the Evo, the GTR, the current Supra, and the FC chassis Rx-7 in determination that their new $90,000 car would be the fastest amungst all the current Japanese sports cars. It won, in 93when the FD came out, Honda did it again, the NSX came second only to the FD. Honda was pisssed because the FD cost 1/3 as much, so they decided to build the first Type R ever, the NSX Type R, JUST to beat the Rx-7s lap time, which they barely did by .2 seconds. Go look itup in the Type R history video.

I'm not going to touch on the Del Sol challenge because one car is irrelevant. Also that Del Sol wouldn't have ever existed if ti weren't for the success of the Mazda Miata that Honda wanted in on, only the Miata is the best selling 2 seater car of all time, the del Sol, is out of production.

:thinking: So basically we can thank Mazda for everything good about Honda...

:rolleyes:

Mr.Ek9
03-25-2009, 02:01 PM

And yet you continue to throw the RX-7 and Miata at us? What about all of the other Mazda travesties: Millenia, 626, 323, 929, tribute, mx-3......
Just because a car company may have made a couple of good cars, there is always
plenty more they made that suck balls just as hard as any other manufacturer.

LOL at the hypocrisy. :goodjob:

EP3sAreFun
03-25-2009, 02:44 PM
agreed, coilover setup for a civic/integra is about the same price as a coilover setup for my maxima. alot of things are the same price. civics/integras are easier to fix than most other cars

Honda-
http://www.prostreetonline.com/x/omni-power-full-coilover-kit.asp - $650
along with lots of different companies and options

Starion
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MK1-FULL-COILOVER-KIT-WIDEBODY-STARION-CONQUEST_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c6 6Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c 293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhash Zitem120323885970QQitemZ120323885970QQptZOtherQ5fV ehicleQ5fParts
- $1500.00

Mookeeh is the only company that makes them for us and they are superb quality from what i hear but thats it, Unless you wanna buy some for a different car and make them work.

Honda strut bar 30 bucks or less, Starion? 130.

Hondas and pretty much any other mainstream car is cheap to modify. Compare them against some random car like a Starion or some bizarre old euro sports cars and you'll see a price difference though.

Sammich
03-25-2009, 02:47 PM
i believe the same tein set up for my max and a civic is maybe about 2-300 difference...

afwfjustin
03-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Some of us like building unique cars, others like to look like everybody else. You can say the same for how you dress as well.

And there is nothing you can do to a civic that hasnt been done a million times before. I only bash guys that think that their civic is more than an econobox because they put turbos and whatnot onto it. And I laugh even more at the guys that try to make their Civics look even more high dollar with fancy leather interiors, puddle lights, HIDs, etc.

your wrx isn't an econobox?

People that can afford leather interior and turbos can afford to have more expensive cars. They drive them because they like them. If you laugh at them for that, you're laughing for the wrong reasons.

To the OP, most people trash Honda because it was the main brand to be whored out during the rise of the tuning scene in the mid to late 90s. Most Hondas during that time were very slow and people starting putting on stupid modifications to make the cars look and perform better than they did. The notion has ceased to go away.

Even when I had my turbocharged S2000 - that had 400 whp - people rarely gave me any respect or thumbs up. AND it was rear wheel drive. Now I drive a run of the mill 240sx that just so happens to have an R33 Skyline engine and kids flip out left and right. I get more props and attention than a stripper on the pole.

...and my car has much less power and handling ability than my s2000 did. Nowadays it's all about drifting..:rolleyes:

cactusEG
03-25-2009, 03:11 PM

the Ricers with nasty body kits and wings to the sky, ruined it.

87 Turbo II
03-25-2009, 03:40 PM
And yet you continue to throw the RX-7 and Miata at us? What about all of the other Mazda travesties: Millenia, 626, 323, 929, tribute, mx-3......
Just because a car company may have made a couple of good cars, there is always
plenty more they made that suck balls just as hard as any other manufacturer.

LOL at the hypocrisy. :goodjob:
It would be hypocrasy if I said Honda < Mazda. I think as a company Honda is better, but I'd rather drive one of the two good Mazdas over any Honda, just cause I don't like Hondas. But my justification is personal, don't take this as me saying they're bad cars, the biggest problem of all of the ones I mentioned is the common-ness. It's purely personal opinion, cause that may not bother others as much or at all. I don't go around dissing Hondas, but this thread wanted to know my reasoning and I gave it. Again, why should anyone care that I don't like their car? I said why I don't, someone threw out the Type R cars that are few and far between, and I mentioned I wasn't targeting those, it's the kids on the site with a stock D16(or whatever one of the bad engines is, I don't know Honda engine codes) and slammed suspension that piss me off.

:thinking: So basically we can thank Mazda for everything good about Honda...

:rolleyes:

And no, but the Type R series was set into motion by the Rx-7, and the Del Sol was created to compete with the Miata. The S2000 is more hardcore than the Miata, so it was good and wasn't inspired by Mazda, and the type R series and Del Sol could have very well been underway regardless, but the cars that have been linked to possibly inspire them did happen to be made by Mazda.

Black4DrEK
03-25-2009, 04:17 PM
This thread = :gay:

rx7 = :gay:

87 Turbo II
03-25-2009, 05:05 PM

Someone's a little butt hurt I don't like their car.

EJ25RUN
03-25-2009, 05:22 PM

I think this post clearly shows why Honda owners make themselves easy targets.

TypeRPersonality
03-25-2009, 05:40 PM

For those reasons. Every make gets bashed. Every make has its fanboys. Yet Honda owners are constantly the people who complain and uses those same reasons to justify their complaints. I guess it trickles down to the fact Honda owners believe they deserve more attention than they actually get.

I'm not saying your complaining, more like questioning. I'm just using you as example to get my point across.

HypnoToad
03-25-2009, 06:37 PM
this thread made me lol

atlxpat
03-25-2009, 07:01 PM

Because you touch yourself at night.

amped4life33
03-25-2009, 07:13 PM
I could go on and on and on all day about this issue.

The biggest problem is that there are WAY to many people that do them WRONG...enough to overshadow the ones that do them right. If Civics are so easy to make look good why are there so many of them that look like shit? If there so cheap to make fast then why are there so many of them that are so damn slow, with owners that THINK they have a fast car? If you're car runs 14's and you think its fast, you are sadly mistaken. And dont say its "fast for what it is" because even if thats true, this isnt a relativity issue.

and most of all...theyre FWD, which means i dont even have to say anything else...

HypnoToad
03-25-2009, 07:26 PM
and anyone that says honda parts are cheap...check out some SBC parts,makes honda look like ferrari parts,lol

Black4DrEK
03-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Someone's a little butt hurt I don't like their car.

^ O no, im not 'butt hurt' at all!! Dont know you or care what your likes are...

Just how you express YOU dont like HONDAs

I dont like RX7 simple as that...

And no im NOT just a HONDA owner!!:goodjob:

O and for the Other guy to call me a 'easy' target... SHOOT at me all you want...

Im a target because I said this topic/thread about BASHING is Gay and rx7 is gay???:thinking:

green91
03-25-2009, 08:31 PM
I do enjoy listening to Rotary nutswingers. I think the engine is neat in theory, but what company in their right mind would continue to produces engines that are prone to the same problems for what now.. 20+ years?

That being said, yes i do own hondas. They are bland, generic cars. My green one has a decent amount of money invested and handles very well and is pretty quick. IT does not stand out. But it does do what i want it to, and relatively inexpensively at that.

Captain-Obvious™
03-25-2009, 08:40 PM
I hate all cars except E36 M3, SRT4, WRX (few SRT4/WRXs found in this price), LS1 fbody, RSX, civic EP3, MB CLK430

green91
03-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Amen brother!

87 Turbo II
03-27-2009, 01:31 AM
Just how you express YOU dont like HONDAs

Im a target because I said this topic/thread about BASHING is Gay and rx7 is gay???:thinking:

I am in a thread that's ASKING me to say why I don't like Hondas. Of course I'm going to express myself.

I don't care if you like my Rx-7 or Rx-7s in general or not, I love my car. They're wonderful cars, as the honda Civic might be, but I just don't care for them for reasons I have stated.

To that last comment, yes it makes you an easy target. It does so because calling a car "gay" is childish and a stabbing attack with nothing concrete to back it up. It really gives you a look of not having an open mind. At least my dislike is re-enforced with fact and reason and it shows that I really analyzed my subject before siding with or against it as apposed to just saying it's "gay".

I do enjoy listening to Rotary nutswingers. I think the engine is neat in theory, but what company in their right mind would continue to produces engines that are prone to the same problems for what now.. 20+ years? I'm no nutswinger, I'm not one of those rotorheads who goes around acting like ym engine is the end-all be-all engine from God like some do, but I d have a vast library of information to backup the Rx-7, and I will say an enine having problems for having only been built for the past 40 years isn't bad. I doubt the reciprocating piston engines in 1940 were as reliable as the modern day Renesis. 40 years of piston engineering across many many makes and models as apposed to 40 years of engineering from ONE company across a handful of models, I'd say the rotary isn't doing so bad.

NOCLUE
03-27-2009, 02:37 AM
AFirst of all, the fact that everyone has one makes them uninteresting to see modded, and less individualistic. Even really clean ones bore the shit out of me just cause I see Civics all the time.

BSeconds, The cheap to buy, fix, mod, etc. is another reason it's just not interesting. It's harder to respect someone who basically bought a Lego of a car for nearly nothing and put one of the millions of readily avaliable parts that were easy as hell to track down, afford, and install.

-CTakes very little, if anything, to look good- yeah, once again, no respect, you did less work, so how should I LIKE your car for that, secondly, looks are an pinion, I think most FWD cars look like shit because of their offsets and fender sizes, and wheel sizes (in proportion to car).

DThe fast thing goes with the respect, it was too easy to make it fast, so I don't really care.

EFWD, never really a sports car nor ever intended to be. It's a grocery getter with good MPG and it's trying to hard to live outside it's own status bracket. People just starting MAKING them something fast, and with enough support that could happen to anything.[/QUOTE]

A i see civics all the time 2, but not clean 1z, individualistic, i mean im not going 2 go buy an rx7 2 be diffrent i wanted a civic before i could drive

B not every 1 has the same income a 100$ part 2 you might be cheap but not 2 everyone just like a 2000$ civic might be cheap 4 you but not every1 (easy as hell to track down) i love that im not looking for a adventure

C what it takes to look good agin has to do with the person, so what you say very little might be alot for someone else. .
I think your car is ugly ass hell (looks are an pinion) not all rx7 just yours
just dont see nothing about it, if you like it which you do then do what you do i aint hateing its just not 4 me

D this has to do with the person, not the car

E i loveFWD, i get my grocerys fast and good MPG seemz like a win win 2 me:D

Benefit
03-27-2009, 02:48 AM
burp

01CDMLUDER
03-28-2009, 05:07 PM
wow.. alot of nutswingers on here.

It doesn't really matter to me because the title should be CIVIC bashing not honda bashing. Parts are not as easly avalible for my car than lets say a 240, srt-4, or eclipse and I never get bashed by any intelligent ppl. And if ppl hate hondas because some ppl put neons and big wings on there than u should hate dodge and ford and alot of other cheap car that usually hispanics put on advance auto parts. and yes everyones probably seen about everything u can do to a civic but u can pretty much say that about most cars on here. If u don't like honda's because of the drivers than u prob dont like 240s either or any cars that younger ppl can afford.

tdurr
03-29-2009, 10:47 AM
so parts for my honda arnt cheap. Look for aftermarket parts for a 88 accord :rolleyes: \

but this thread made me :lmfao:

quickdodge®
03-29-2009, 11:01 AM
so parts for my honda arnt cheap. Look for aftermarket parts for a 88 accord :rolleyes: \

I'm pretty sure the OP is mainly referring to the everyday Honda.

When are you getting yours fixed? Later, QD.

Z0_o6
03-29-2009, 01:24 PM
the only people i can't stand are the ones who hate hondas strictly to be nonconformists. they go against the trend, because its a trend. i have a honda, i LOVE hondas. do i drive one every day anymore? nope, because i think the honda awd system sucks from a performance standpoint. there are pros and cons to every single car manufacturer out there, people will dislike what you build no matter what it is because of at least one of a few different reasons:

a. they don't like the brand
b. they think its ugly
c. they think its too slow
d. it's fwd/rwd/awd and they don't like that
e. jealousy. pure and simple.
f. because everyone else likes it so they just HAVE to be different.

NOCLUE
03-29-2009, 02:10 PM
the only people i can't stand are the ones who hate hondas strictly to be nonconformists. they go against the trend, because its a trend. i have a honda, i LOVE hondas. do i drive one every day anymore? nope, because i think the honda awd system sucks from a performance standpoint. there are pros and cons to every single car manufacturer out there, people will dislike what you build no matter what it is because of at least one of a few different reasons:

a. they don't like the brand
b. they think its ugly
c. they think its too slow
d. it's fwd/rwd/awd and they don't like that
e. jealousy. pure and simple.
f. because everyone else likes it so they just HAVE to be different.

WELL PUT :cry:

tdurr
03-29-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm pretty sure the OP is mainly referring to the everyday Honda.

When are you getting yours fixed? Later, QD.

cleaning the block surface now. bout to blow everything off(no homo) and get it back together. Hope to have it running before night fall.

bluuuurr
03-29-2009, 08:07 PM
the same effect is happening to the s13 240sx imo lol.. too many people doing one type of car bad overshadows the few nice ones you see..