PDA

View Full Version : Sad To see....

Brett
09-23-2005, 11:28 AM
The first levee they tried to repair to hold back the affects of Rita has broken through. The one in the 9th ward in NOL has been breached and water is flowing back into the city.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/WEATHER/09/23/rita/top.rita.fri.19.l9w.jpg

Water was flowing over the industrial canal levee in New Orleans triggering new flooding in the low-lying 9th Ward neighborhood. (Full story)

While the Army Corps of Engineers expected flooding from Rita, it was not anticipated this early.

Mitch Frazier, a spokesman for the corps, said it was not clear if the flooding was caused by rain or a storm surge.

"We don't know, likely a little of both," he said. A CNN photojournalist reported that the water was rising quickly and was already at least two feet deep.

Officials started closing the flood gates around Lake Pontchartrain Thursday morning in preparation for Rita.

More than 1,000 deaths, most in Louisiana, are blamed on Hurricane Katrina, which struck August 29 after slamming Florida a few days earlier.

trythefly
09-23-2005, 11:29 AM
yup just saw that on CNN at lunch. I have a friend who was in St. Bernard Parish yesterday repairing his home. I cant get in touch with him now.

B16a2 Civic
09-23-2005, 11:31 AM
this is bad.....this religous friend of mine said that this a sign from the guy above.....this would probably be in the religon section...but its bad none the less.

Brett
09-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Sad thing to say, But I rather see it go thier way then to much in Texas and miss the oil area's. Stocks for oil have already dropped now that it seems it may miss those high risk plants

Jimmy B
09-23-2005, 01:03 PM
i have said from the start.. make it new orlans sound! a big lake! lol

Brett
09-23-2005, 01:12 PM
True that!!

Kelly_Rene
09-23-2005, 01:22 PM
My mom told me that a bus full of elderly people blew up on the way to northern part of texas. Some went wrong with the bus and of course most of the people were on oxygene tanks :( very tragic, 25 so far I thinki is the count

Brett
09-23-2005, 01:25 PM
That was in Texas, whas that have to do with the Levvee in NOL? lol

And it was a over heating on th ebrakes, they caught fire, people started getting out of the bus, the the old fuckers tanks blew and that took care o the rest of the people

Danny
09-23-2005, 01:45 PM
NO = Natural lake. Suprise suprise, levvy broke agian. I hate seeing my tax money rebuild that city, but ohh well its a fact of life.

Deaf Pimp
09-23-2005, 02:02 PM
The 9th ward is the absolute ghetto...

Brett
09-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Oh, then thats okay...lol. Leave it as the ghetto lake...lol