PDA

View Full Version : Speaker help

GTSceli
03-18-2009, 08:51 PM
My music on the left side of the car is louder than the right. Do I need new speakers or is that a wireing problem? I bought the car used like that. Please help.

Jaimecbr900
03-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Check the balance setting on the HU.

yerrow
03-18-2009, 09:40 PM
gramps returns!

Brian*
03-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Check the balance setting on the HU.

:lmfao: my thought exactly

okra1981
03-21-2009, 12:51 AM
My Dad, who happens to be a more deaf in one ear than the other, didn't notice that one speaker plays louder in one door than the other and subsequently extorts sooner than the other as well. I have to adjust the fader to the other side substantially to get it to play somewhat normally.
I have no idea what he has in his truck though, with the hodgepodge of equipment we have sitting around my folk's house, there is no telling.
Moral to the story, listen to Jaime and Brian, fade it over until it sounds right. If it is amplified, then maybe someone set the gains funny, but I doubt it. My Dad's problem is a bad speaker that keeps going out, leaving only the tweeter playing, thus making one side quieter than the other (this is my diagnosis from having better ears than him, even though he owns my face with about 20 years on top of my experience level).
If you are interested in fixing it permanently, you may want to play around with an extra set of speakers or try a different radio in the car. A lot of times I've taken out a set of speakers only to find the connection had come off of a terminal, just something to look into because it wouldn't cost you a thing.