PDA

View Full Version : gauge cluster

99jdmLs
03-17-2009, 09:09 PM
long story short, im having guage cluster problems. i don't know if its drunk, broke, or wiring or anything. its a LS guage cluster

my question is simple and yet i think it sounds very stupid. is there such thing as a obd1 or obd2 LS gauge cluster. i had to put a gauge cluster from a 95 teg in my 99 teg. just wondering would it work the same or would it act screwy.

ps- i know someone out there would want to know what its doin so0o here ya go:

so my definition of a screwy gauge cluster is-
the temp gauge shoots all the way to the left till it cant move. the gas gauge goes all the way to the right till it cant move. i turn the right blinker on( it acutally turns on) but the left blinker light on the cluster turns on. vice versa when i turn the left one on.
the tach and speed jumps with the blinker, as confusing as that sounds. whenever it blinks, they jump in sinc with it. when my seatbelt is not connected, the ABS light turns on, when it is connected, it turns off.
these are just a few of the problems. lol. http://importatlanta.com/forums/images/smilies/screwy.gif

yunglaosta
03-17-2009, 09:13 PM
yeah theres a such thing as a obd1 cluster and obd2 cluster. if you put a obd2 cluster on a obd1 car then its not going to function properly.

99jdmLs
03-17-2009, 09:46 PM
explains my drunk cluster. lol. reps for heling! 8) appreciate it.

Barefoot
03-18-2009, 07:51 AM
no go

yunglaosta
03-18-2009, 03:53 PM
explains my drunk cluster. lol. reps for heling! 8) appreciate it.

no problem my friend. lol happened to me when i tried to put a obd2b cluster on my obd2a lol.

AnthonyF
03-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Are you a 100% it is the cluster? I mean, easiest way to test is get a working replacement and plug it in.

-Ant.

JDMJAYDC2
03-18-2009, 04:12 PM
you can start by taking those indiglo gauges you have installed out that will most likely fix your problems richard lol

99jdmLs
03-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Are you a 100% it is the cluster? I mean, easiest way to test is get a working replacement and plug it in.

-Ant.
ya, i had one in and it worked great. traded it for some cash and other parts. long story. this one doesn't work though. lol.

you can start by taking those indiglo gauges you have installed out that will most likely fix your problems richard lol

but i like the perdy lights! :cry: i donl't want to take them out

Tech5
03-18-2009, 10:28 PM
You can not !!!

Use a OBDI in a OBDII car End of story!!!!!!

yunglaosta
03-19-2009, 11:37 AM
You can not !!!

Use a OBDI in a OBDII car End of story!!!!!!

yups. like when i used a obd2b on my obd2a, the damn gas needle went to full and i only had half a tank of gas! i was like wtf?

BigPoppaHurtm
03-19-2009, 12:24 PM
yups. like when i used a obd2b on my obd2a, the damn gas needle went to full and i only had half a tank of gas! i was like wtf?

FREE GAS? AWSOME! :bump:

yunglaosta
03-19-2009, 12:53 PM
FREE GAS? AWSOME! :bump:

hahaha that free gas would've left me stranded in a couple of more days...LOL