PDA

View Full Version : Those Of Us With Iphone's.. We Get MMS NOW!! LOL

Brett
03-17-2009, 03:53 PM
http://tech.msn.com/products/articlepcw.aspx?cp-documentid=18633397&GT1=40000

With the new software 3.0 update this summer, we get alot of cool new shit on the 3g, but best of all, FINALLY we can send/recieve picture texts!!

Paul
03-17-2009, 03:55 PM
they already have software out to do it ;)

On_Her_Face
03-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I've had it for awhile.

Edit: Installous over everything.

Brett
03-17-2009, 03:56 PM
they already have software out to do it ;)

Oh well I dont have it!! I always get a picture text and I get that gay ass AT&T link and random username and password to use, Its gay and half the time never works.

Paul
03-17-2009, 04:06 PM
you need to get a 3rd party app i think there are a few out now

Brett
03-17-2009, 04:16 PM
I may have to search for one

mocha latte cupcake
03-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Muscley Man Skeet?

TIGERJC
03-17-2009, 04:36 PM
The iphone can do a lot (just get it unlock), just apple wants to save the goodies for the next generation of iphones.

Brett
03-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Muscley Man Skeet?

Where is my rent money? lol

collins
03-17-2009, 04:50 PM
paul, i have one app that will let me send a pic message as a link via text, i think its called flutter. however, it will not let me recieve them as normal pic messages, because i still get the message brett was talking about. is there a program that automatically formats it for a normal text both incoming and outgoing?

mocha latte cupcake
03-17-2009, 04:56 PM
:ninja: ~runs away~ never catch me red rocket~ the blue droptop terawr is fastar!

ironchef
03-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Had it on the G1 since the first day, lulz.

collins
03-17-2009, 05:48 PM
g1 is gay

ironchef
03-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Jealous that I have MMS, a real keyboard, and turn by turn nav?

ubers2k
03-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Had it on the G1 since the first day, lulz.

X2

IMPORTchic
03-17-2009, 08:45 PM
I use to argue with ppl back in the day about this. I have never had an Iphone or really know how to work one, but I KNOW they can send pics like regular texts. I have proved 3 ppl wrong on this and counting. lol Stood there and sent it right infront of them to me and I got it! Buwahaha They were baffled!

collins
03-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Jealous that I have MMS, maybeh... :ninja:

a real keyboard, dont really care. i like my keyboard

and turn by turn nav? i have turn by turn nav too. :dunno:

collins
03-17-2009, 09:10 PM
I use to argue with ppl back in the day about this. I have never had an Iphone or really know how to work one, but I KNOW they can send pics like regular texts. I have proved 3 ppl wrong on this and counting. lol Stood there and sent it right infront of them to me and I got it! Buwahaha They were baffled!

teach me! :(

blaknoize
03-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW

.blank cd
03-17-2009, 11:54 PM
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3602/3323856555_b1bc3c265c.jpg

slostang
03-18-2009, 12:01 AM

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/grazzmark/pwnt.jpg

.blank cd
03-18-2009, 12:03 AM
they already have software out to do it ;)Yeah but its not native software like it should be.

Had it on the G1 since the first day, lulz. You could build a house with that brick. Dont worry, turn by turn nav is coming, then you G1's wont have much to say. Theres another device coming soon too. Usually with apple, big software updates have had new hardware to accompany them ;) Im excited about A2DP finally

stillaneon
03-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Jealous that I have MMS, a real keyboard, and turn by turn nav?

Too bad T-Mobile's Service Area is about as bad as MEtro PCS'

ironchef
03-18-2009, 06:25 AM
Too bad T-Mobile's Service Area is about as bad as MEtro PCS'
Don't know about you, but I have 3G coverage pretty much everywhere I've been all over Atlanta.

Mike Lowrey
03-18-2009, 11:55 AM
LOL. Other phones have had this before the Iphone even came out. Funny how Iphone users are happy for the simple items that others have had for years. :lmfao:

Sammich
03-18-2009, 11:57 AM
hardcore pwnage

.blank cd
03-18-2009, 01:05 PM
LOL. Other phones have had this before the Iphone even came out. Funny how Iphone users are happy for the simple items that others have had for years. :lmfao:Im happy for the little things that it does that the other phones dont do. Like stacked texting

collins
03-18-2009, 02:04 PM
troof!

Brett
03-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Damn son where you been? Havent heard from you in a minute

willum14pb
03-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW
Blackberry FTW

qtf.

sold my isuck after like 3 weeks of use when i realized how big of a piece of shit it was.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

i think that describes about 3% of why the iphone sucks asshole. the rother 97% i dont have time for.

ironchef
03-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Im happy for the little things that it does that the other phones dont do. Like stacked textingG1 and Blackberries as well as several other phones do this.

willum14pb
03-18-2009, 04:09 PM
G1 and Blackberries as well as several other phones do this.

lol clearly he has never used any other phone. he's just a pawn of apples marketing who will buy anything from apple as long as it's shiny and says apple on it.

.blank cd
03-18-2009, 04:12 PM
qtf.

sold my isuck after like 3 weeks of use when i realized how big of a piece of shit it was.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

i think that describes about 3% of why the iphone sucks asshole. the rother 97% i dont have time for.wow, that was actually the worst fucking website Ive ever visited in my entire fucking existance. First it was written when the first gen iphone came out, and second, ive never read so much biased bull shit ever in my life. sounds like whoever wrote this website must have had a bad experience with the $2000 iphone he bought on eBay

.blank cd
03-18-2009, 04:17 PM
lol clearly he has never used any other phone. he's just a pawn of apples marketing who will buy anything from apple as long as it's shiny and says apple on it.And I've used all these other "iPhone (just fell short of a)killer" phones

.blank cd
03-18-2009, 04:20 PM
I do have to admit tho, this animation is teh lolz

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/holy_shit_iphone2.gif

willum14pb
03-18-2009, 04:21 PM
And I've used all these other "iPhone (just fell short of a)killer" phones

lol@ 2000 iphone from ebay, your'e an idiot. you obviously have no idea who that guy is.

Also, im not talking about "iphone killers"

The blackberry bold for instance takes a massive 600% dump on the iphone for just one reason off the top of my head, it doesn't require itunes to run. For instance, if your iphone decides to stop working and asks you to plug it into itunes, and you dont have your computer around. YOU'RE FUCKED. So god forbid you're away from your computer at any moment in time you need your phone, or else you're fucked. ( this situation has happened to at least 5 people i know )

SicStang03
03-18-2009, 04:26 PM
G1 and Blackberries as well as several other phones do this.

Werd.. blackberry till I die.... or maybe that Nokia E70!! Looks like a decent phone :D

I loved my first phone.. It was a basic Nokia that lasted through anything I put it through!! I swear they make phones to brake so they can scheme you some more later

willum14pb
03-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Werd.. blackberry till I die.... or maybe that Nokia E70!! Looks like a decent phone :D

I loved my first phone.. It was a basic Nokia that lasted through anything I put it through!! I swear they make phones to brake so they can scheme you some more later

lol yea. blackberry ftmfw. no phone better.

.blank cd
03-18-2009, 04:35 PM
lol@ 2000 iphone from ebay, your'e an idiot. you obviously have no idea who that guy is.

Also, im not talking about "iphone killers"

The blackberry bold for instance takes a massive 600% dump on the iphone for just one reason off the top of my head, it doesn't require itunes to run. For instance, if your iphone decides to stop working and asks you to plug it into itunes, and you dont have your computer around. YOU'RE FUCKED. So god forbid you're away from your computer at any moment in time you need your phone, or else you're fucked. ( this situation has happened to at least 5 people i know )Ive never had that happen to me. Even if that did happen, im usually no more than 5 minutes away from a computer or laptop that has my itunes account on it so it really wouldnt ruin my day. I wouldnt base my opinion of an iphone off of this site alone.

SicStang03
03-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Ive never had that happen to me. Even if that did happen, im usually no more than 5 minutes away from a computer or laptop that has my itunes account on it so it really wouldnt ruin my day. I wouldnt base my opinion of an iphone off of this site alone.

I know my roommate has one and he has been through 3 because they suck. When we are riding together and he gets a text, I have to text back for him because the iphone is hard to text and drive. He also never has service and claims it's because he is 2G... I have a 2G blackberry and constantly have better service than him.

iphones were a huge hype that a lot of people wasted money on and realized it later.

.blank cd
03-18-2009, 04:44 PM
I know my roommate has one and he has been through 3 because they suck. When we are riding together and he gets a text, I have to text back for him because the iphone is hard to text and drive. He also never has service and claims it's because he is 2G... I have a 2G blackberry and constantly have better service than him.

iphones were a huge hype that a lot of people wasted money on and realized it later.Shouldnt be texting and driving anyway, lemme know when he goes out so i can stay at home

BABY J
03-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Blackberry > *

I need a phone, not a toy. 1 that I can insure, and that I can drop a few hundred times - sit on, get wet, and still work. I do like the i, but I'm too rough on hardware to spend my money on 1. The 1 that ATT gave me for testing is still in the box in my locker at work.

willum14pb
03-19-2009, 11:49 AM
People with iphones are too proud to admit they suck because they spent $500 on them. Also hotshot, if you are always 5 minutes away from a computer or one with itunes this only means one thing. You are in school and under the age of actually running any type of business, so the iphone is just fine for you. It's a phone that looks cool and does what YOU need. For any business person, that phone is 900% trash. Also, unless you have YOUR itunes handy, you're going to lose all your numbers when you restore the iphone back to nothing since it broke for no reason and needed itunes to fix it. So im pretty sure that'd ruin anyones day.

Mike Lowrey
03-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Im happy for the little things that it does that the other phones dont do. Like stacked texting

I have had this for years. :goodjob:

Mike Lowrey
03-19-2009, 02:10 PM
iPhones are teh suck.

The quicker you realize it the better for everyone.

gtikid
03-19-2009, 02:24 PM
People with iphones are too proud to admit they suck because they spent $500 on them. Also hotshot, if you are always 5 minutes away from a computer or one with itunes this only means one thing. You are in school and under the age of actually running any type of business, so the iphone is just fine for you. It's a phone that looks cool and does what YOU need. For any business person, that phone is 900% trash. Also, unless you have YOUR itunes handy, you're going to lose all your numbers when you restore the iphone back to nothing since it broke for no reason and needed itunes to fix it. So im pretty sure that'd ruin anyones day.

What's a "business" person need to be doing on a phone except sending/receiving emails? The Iphone has the Microsoft exchange server, where it will do a direct push just like the Blackberry's do. You ever seen someone doing a whole excel spreadsheet on a phone? Hell no. They made laptops for that reason.

I've had a Bold, a Fuze, and an Iphone. At first, I used to say all the negative shit about the Iphone too. "It's just a cool "fun" phone". "Not good for business people". " :blah: :blah: :blah: ". There are so many apps available out there for this thing it's ridiculous, and it is BY FAR the EASIEST device to use.

Your friends having that "connect to Itunes" problems shouldn't be "SIM Hopping" and they wouldn't have that problem :goodjob: . And if they're ATTEMPTING to jailbreak it themselves and failing, then they should take it to someone who knows how. It isn't rocket science.

The Bold was a good phone. It's a Blackberry, they're good PHONES, but they really don't do shit else but receive emails. And that price?? :no:

The Fuze, it's a Windows device. If you've never used a Window device, nor do you want to take the HOURS it takes to learn a Windows device, DON'T BUY ONE! It's a fun phone to use, but damn it lags for EVERYTHING!

I recommend using an Iphone for a week or 2 and jailbreak it and use all the apps available for it. It might even show you guys a new way to masturbate while your bitching about it on IA :goodjob:

lcortes32
03-19-2009, 02:26 PM
about time ya got it

willum14pb
03-19-2009, 02:30 PM
What's a "business" person need to be doing on a phone except sending/receiving emails? The Iphone has the Microsoft exchange server, where it will do a direct push just like the Blackberry's do. You ever seen someone doing a whole excel spreadsheet on a phone? Hell no. They made laptops for that reason.

I've had a Bold, a Fuze, and an Iphone. At first, I used to say all the negative shit about the Iphone too. "It's just a cool "fun" phone". "Not good for business people". " :blah: :blah: :blah: ". There are so many apps available out there for this thing it's ridiculous, and it is BY FAR the EASIEST device to use.

Your friends having that "connect to Itunes" problems shouldn't be "SIM Hopping" and they wouldn't have that problem :goodjob: . And if they're ATTEMPTING to jailbreak it themselves and failing, then they should take it to someone who knows how. It isn't rocket science.

The Bold was a good phone. It's a Blackberry, they're good PHONES, but they really don't do shit else but receive emails. And that price?? :no:

The Fuze, it's a Windows device. If you've never used a Window device, nor do you want to take the HOURS it takes to learn a Windows device, DON'T BUY ONE! It's a fun phone to use, but damn it lags for EVERYTHING!

I recommend using an Iphone for a week or 2 and jailbreak it and use all the apps available for it. It might even show you guys a new way to masturbate while your bitching about it on IA :goodjob:

i have no idea what you've just said. but im sure it's something about the iphone being great. I did see the part about "sim hopping" and i will tell you right now, I PERSONALLY had this problem and i dont sim hop. I turned off my phone for a few hours as i was in a meeting in cali for business, and when i got out of the meeting and was heading to the airport to catch my flight it gave me the itunes error. Please don't act like you can diagnose everything because you have a hard on for you phone. I had a terrible experience with my iphone. thus i will never use one. It checks for emails only every 15 minutes ( and that's it's best setting) and setting up email on anything but a POP server such as gmail is beyond time consuming. Also the keyboard is a peice of shit and the phone laggs all the time. In a business phone, i need RELIABILITY, good battery life and get my emails before my emails get my emails. Those 3 things the iPhone fails at. The blackberry does everything an iphone can do except look shiny and have an apple logo on it and a good marketing team to make idiots like you believe that it's actually a good phone when in fact it sucks. Every useful app i had on my iphone, i've got on my blackberry, or better. The only cool thing about the iphone is the graphics, it's transitions between menu's/screens and the games. Everything else however, sucks. I've never had more dropped calls in my entire life. The phone battery lasted as long as a virgin, and it did nothing but piss me off since the day i got it. The best decision i ever made was getting rid of that pile of garbage.

gtikid
03-19-2009, 02:35 PM
i have no idea what you've just said. but im sure it's something about the iphone being great. I had a terrible experience with my iphone. thus i will never use one. It checks for emails only every 15 minutes ( and that's it's best setting) and setting up email on anything but a POP server such as gmail is beyond time consuming. Also the keyboard is a peice of shit and the phone laggs all the time. In a business phone, i need RELIABILITY, good battery life and get my emails before my emails get my emails. Those 3 things the iPhone fails at.

Read and UNDERSTAND the post. Don't just skim around for words you know.

You want your emails right NOW? Change your data plan to the "Corporate" data plan with the Microsoft Exchange Server. THAT'S its BEST setting for emails :yes: EVERY phone out there is the same way with setting up emails that aren't POP3 or pre-loaded onto the phone. If it's not a common email, you have to MANUALLY get the incoming/outgoing settings.

The keyboard is something to get used to definitely. But within a few days of texting, you get the hang of it REAL QUICK :yes:.

I understand some people need something that works and doesn't do shit else, it's all about what YOU need.

gtikid
03-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Great, now I have to go and edit my post b/c you did :goodjob:

willum14pb
03-19-2009, 02:40 PM
honestly, i will not read any posts after this, i've said my peace and im doneski :p. i dont want to argue. it's all about what we think personally from our experiences.

gtikid
03-19-2009, 02:58 PM
i have no idea what you've just said. but im sure it's something about the iphone being great. I did see the part about "sim hopping" and i will tell you right now, I PERSONALLY had this problem and i dont sim hop. I turned off my phone for a few hours as i was in a meeting in cali for business, and when i got out of the meeting and was heading to the airport to catch my flight it gave me the itunes error. Please don't act like you can diagnose everything because you have a hard on for you phone. I had a terrible experience with my iphone. thus i will never use one. It checks for emails only every 15 minutes ( and that's it's best setting) and setting up email on anything but a POP server such as gmail is beyond time consuming. Also the keyboard is a peice of shit and the phone laggs all the time. In a business phone, i need RELIABILITY, good battery life and get my emails before my emails get my emails. Those 3 things the iPhone fails at. The blackberry does everything an iphone can do except look shiny and have an apple logo on it and a good marketing team to make idiots like you believe that it's actually a good phone when in fact it sucks. Every useful app i had on my iphone, i've got on my blackberry, or better. The only cool thing about the iphone is the graphics, it's transitions between menu's/screens and the games. Everything else however, sucks. I've never had more dropped calls in my entire life. The phone battery lasted as long as a virgin, and it did nothing but piss me off since the day i got it. The best decision i ever made was getting rid of that pile of garbage.

I get paid to diagnose everyone's problems when they come into my store with their Iphone, when all they need to do is do a simple reset. So yes, I CAN diagnose your problem, when most of the time it's user error. Why would you need to turn your phone off in a meeting? Airplane mode doesn't do a good enough job in shutting off all the communication to the phone? :thinking: Idiots like who? I go through AT&T phone's how I please :rolleyes: What useful apps? Your "security data encrypter" to protect your passwords? Yippy! Or your Blackberry Messenger so you can see when your pal received the smiley you sent him? I'm on my phone all day texting, on the internet, texting, d/ling, texting, and doing more texting and i'm getting a day of battery, which is normal for just about every PDA with heavy usage.

Paul
03-19-2009, 03:02 PM
anyone who bitches that iphone is just trendy has obviously not used one to its capabilities... i can use my exchange server supported email, control my servers using RDP or VNC, etc...

fuck i'm considering programming my own iphone app for my company so we can publish for the Jeep Automotive Consumers.

TheGodfather
03-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Hahahaha, just now able to send pictures? Hahahaha, I thought this was supposed to be the best phone ever?

So no sideways texting, no picture messages, but tons of gay commercials and alot of other touch screen phones that make it inferior?

Yeah, I should have got the iPhone :rolleyes:

Brett
03-19-2009, 04:50 PM
I have loved my I-Phone so far, no issues and no lock ups and crashes like all the windows mobile phones I have had

.blank cd
03-19-2009, 09:24 PM
My buddy built his own exchange server. He gets emails pushed to his iphone before they even get to his work computer. FTW

TheGodfather
03-20-2009, 01:30 AM
I'll break down Apple for yous guys:

Own Apple Computer: 80% bros, 10% hippies, 5% girls, and the rest a mix of people who want a computer that isn't good for a paper weight.

Own iPod: 50% bros, 25% girls, and the rest are people who never saw an alternative.

Own iPhone: 25% bros, 25% douchebags, 25% rich daddy's girls, 25% gays.

Own all 3 of the above?: 75% are gay bro hippie douchebags, and the rest are mostly girls.

There ya go.

Apple products ftl for everthing.

.blank cd
03-20-2009, 05:56 AM
anyone who bitches that iphone is just trendy has obviously not used one to its capabilities... i can use my exchange server supported email, control my servers using RDP or VNC, etc...

fuck i'm considering programming my own iphone app for my company so we can publish for the Jeep Automotive Consumers.Hey, why dont you program an IA app?

stillaneon
03-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Don't know about you, but I have 3G coverage pretty much everywhere I've been all over Atlanta.

And thats nice, but its the metro parts that matter. Everyone has to get off the interstate at some point, and its your coverage there that makes the difference.

Why no just go with the HTC phones? AT&T carries them, they do everything people seem to like about the iphone and more (plus you can insure them).

NAvigation, TV (for applicable carriers), threaded texting, and it runs off of windows which make things extremely easy.

iPhone really was a little hyped up. great idea, I just wish a better carrier had picked it up...

Paul
03-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Hey, why dont you program an IA app?

lol - i'm sure someone has a VB mod that allows mobile forums access, but 3g speeds are fine w/ forums i surf IA all the time from my phone.

gtikid
03-20-2009, 12:33 PM
And thats nice, but its the metro parts that matter. Everyone has to get off the interstate at some point, and its your coverage there that makes the difference.

Why no just go with the HTC phones? AT&T carries them, they do everything people seem to like about the iphone and more (plus you can insure them).

NAvigation, TV (for applicable carriers), threaded texting, and it runs off of windows which make things extremely easy.

iPhone really was a little hyped up. great idea, I just wish a better carrier had picked it up...

I've owned Windows Professional phones for the past 3 years. I can't really say they make things easier. I had to reset my phone last week b/c no matter what I did, it would not pull up my text messaging window. I tried to go into the file explorer, and clear out my messages from the windows folder, and the finished off the phone. Windows phones are great, I love how I can put Microsoft files on there (excel, word, pp), but there's programs available for that on the Iphone. I thought the Iphone was a hyped up device too. I got mine recently, jailbroke it, and haven't put it down since

osnap
03-20-2009, 11:35 PM
pffft. my iphone records 15fps video, receives TRUE MMS messages, is FULLY skinnable, completely browsable via SSH, plays NES games, has weather and SMS/MMS/email/phone notification widgets on the lock screen, has applications organized within folders (games, utilities, etc), and more.

I <3 my jailbroken phone.

BABY J
03-21-2009, 12:01 AM
^^ You prove my point perfectly. It's a TOY. It's overpriced. If I can tell you how many hours per month my team and I put into iPhone then you'd fuck your mom.

J'son D. Johnson
AT&T Mobility | MAPS | Sr. UNIX Systems Analyst