PDA

View Full Version : Outdoors Ga Carry permit! Pros and Cons

white24d
03-16-2009, 03:35 PM
So I have a Georgia Firearms License, just wondering how many of my fellow IA members also do.

Has anyone had any issues carrying into places or any other bad encounters?
=
=
Just wondering, like carrying on marta or something like that.

Or would you like to share info that some others might not know about.

Danny
03-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Marta is a bunch of Nazi bastards. Becarful when you carry on there. Allthough it is 100% legal to carry on marta (with valid GFL of course) they are detaining people they find that are carrying. GCO has been working on this for a while now and i think they are getting better about it.

If you carry on marta make sure you dont open carry.

Other than that you should be good to carry as you please (within the legal limits).

Princess12
03-16-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm going to get my permit to carry this week.

quickdodgeŽ
03-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Why would there be a con? Later, QD.

Ruststang
03-16-2009, 06:15 PM
There aren't any cons to getting the license, it's the responsible thing to do if your going to carry. All you need to know is your limitations to carry. One pro is that if you go to buy a gun they don't run the full check on you they just check your carry permit, or at least that is what i was told.

quickdodgeŽ
03-16-2009, 06:32 PM
There aren't any cons to getting the license, it's the responsible thing to do if your going to carry. All you need to know is your limitations to carry. One pro is that if you go to buy a gun they don't run the full check on you they just check your carry permit, or at least that is what i was told.

from what I understand, they still do a check. I went to a gun show with Julio a couple of years ago and attempted to buy a pistol and he had to run a check on me. I even showed him my GFL. Later, QD.

green91
03-16-2009, 07:40 PM
The con is that your name will be on a list and when the democrats and military try to take our weapons away in a few years, they will know whose doors to knock on first.

quickdodgeŽ
03-16-2009, 07:45 PM
^^^ Lolol. Later, QD.

green91
03-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Yes it sounds very conspiracy theory-ish, but at the rate our constitutional rights have been tramped and thrown out the window lately, alongside the government giving itself more power than its actually allowed.. its not that far of a fetch anymore.

Danny
03-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Yes it sounds very conspiracy theory-ish, but at the rate our constitutional rights have been tramped and thrown out the window lately, alongside the government giving itself more power than its actually allowed.. its not that far of a fetch anymore.

I have hope and a certain level of faith that if it comes to this that those who "swore to protect this country from threats, both foreign and domestic" will join you and me, not our government. because if it comes to that, as far as I am concerned the domestic threat is the government, and all who enforce its policy and should be treated as such.

green91
03-16-2009, 08:10 PM
I agree with you completely, and i will be one of the many to uphold the original stance of our founding fathers and back the constitution. Its just scary to me how much power the gov't has given itself and how the laws of the constitution have been played out. IMO the government doesn't have the power to even such as ban alleged "assault" rifles and high capacity clips, yet every time we get a democratic administration its one of their first moves. Im afraid that assault rifle banning is just a stepping stone onto the gov't gaining more and more control over our firearms.

KPowerEP3
03-16-2009, 08:34 PM
I have my GFL, have for a year now, and have carried every day since. I've never had the first bit of trouble. I do love cash and carry, though.

Jaimecbr900
03-17-2009, 10:29 PM
There is no "con" to this issue.

I've had quite a few encounters with LEO's lately (freaking StateFarm took down the wrong VIN for the Corvette so it showed no insurance on the computer and got stopped 3x's until found the problem, plus bought the wife a new SUV from private owner and had that gay "tag applied for" cardboard thing so I got stopped 2x's for that:rolleyes: :D ).

Every one of them have been ultra cool and had no issues with me carrying at all. Just do it the right way and nothing will happen 99.9% of the time. Yes, there are rookie LEO's out there that think they have something to prove, but as long as you are w/i your rights that is just an annoyance.

I've been carrying for years. Only had 1 problem, Lawrenceville PD FTW:rolleyes: , and that was no biggie really.

I have a friend that is Marta PD and as long as you're not acting stupid, they won't hassle you either. Its all in how you carry yourself and don't try to act like you're Clint Eastwood, everything will be just fine. :goodjob:

preferredduck
03-21-2009, 12:53 AM
I have hope and a certain level of faith that if it comes to this that those who "swore to protect this country from threats, both foreign and domestic" will join you and me, not our government. because if it comes to that, as far as I am concerned the domestic threat is the government, and all who enforce its policy and should be treated as such.

amen, thats why im buying a gun at this point, it will give me protection and get rid of domestic threats, like illegal aliens, lol j/k

Julio
03-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Con? what Con?

patrick4588
03-22-2009, 03:53 PM
havent got my carry license yet, but will soon.

Truegiant
03-22-2009, 07:45 PM
I have one. Soon I will have my FFL and class 3.

Its not a state level requirement to call in for your background check. You still have to fill out the paperwork but they dont have to call you in as long as your GFL is valid. With that being said there are a few out of state vendors and gun shows. They usually will do it just to be safe. Anywho..

I dont really think there is a con to having one. I do feel that everyone should be forced to take a small written test of some sort to get theirs at a minimum. Just because your a good law abiding citizen doesnt mean you know how to carry safely, etc. anywho..

xyoobxyoob
03-24-2009, 12:42 AM
In regards to dealing with officials your credentials will show a GFL and you will be considered armed. Depending on the reasoning or manner of the interaction could result in being subdued at gun point. Also remembering to remove your firearm as you cannot carry everywhere. Obviously the Pro's outweigh these risks and a license should be seriously considered by most Gun owners and all those packing. For more on Ga law and how to get a permit visit Georgiacarry and GeorgiaPacking